[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Watchmen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_3634.jpg (21KB, 154x200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3634.jpg
21KB, 154x200px
What do you guys think about the movie adaptation of watchmen? After rewatching it, I can honestly say it's probably the best comic book adaptation. Not the best movie obviously, but considering how much of a daunting task it must have been to get that much material through to the big screen, it certainly deserves the claim of best adaptation. Atleast that's my opinion.
>>
>>94653277
go to sleep alan
>>
>>94653277
>it's probably the best comic book adaptation
Sin City
>>
>>94653681
Sin City was alright. I appreciated how they kept with the art style. But, when you get to meat and potatoes of it, they could have gone any other route with that movie and it still would have just been alright. Zack Snyder had no room to fuck up too much. Even with what we got, some fags still go ape shit over him leaving out the giant alien bit.
>>
>A theme in the comic book is how vigilantes are basically regular people who are crazy enough to fight crime, without super strenght or super speed.
>But let's have some over the top action scenes were they fuck everyone up
>>
I love the way it actually tries to look like the comic in terms of cinematography and recreates entire panels, but the few changes they did make completely ruin it.

Watching just the first trailer, the opening murder scene, the scene where Jon is recounting his life and the history montage is a better experience than watching the whole thing.
>>
two things ruined the film for me.

number 1 is not commissioning covers for the INCREDIBLY HIGHLY overplayed songs that were referenced in the watchmen. such songs typically work well when a modified cover is used, but when the EXACT same song is used, it completely ruins the tone and takes the viewer out of the film.

number 2 is not giving dr manhattan a godly voice to match his godly body, despite it being a literal plot point that no one other than ozy (and maybe jon's girl and the cia) had picked up on the fact that jon had been transformed into a depressed god who was in denial about no longer being human.

these two flaws completely TRASHED the tone and ruined my experience of the film. however, i couldn't forget the film because there was just so much that i loved about it. so, upon rewatching, i realized that it really is just these two flaws that honestly completely taint the feel of it.

ironically, they're also some of the easiest flaws to fix. you can commission covers for the songs, and you can redub jon's voice. there's fat chance of that happening though, as wb would just be burning money to save the rep of a film that people already have an opinion on.

i don't trash snyder much at all, as i really like his style and how much effort he puts into his films, but goddamn did he fucking blow it by approving that incredibly shit performance for dr manhattan. that sort of one note, cringey, ironic, hamfisted performance may be great for a music video but it absolutely has no place in a theatrical or movie experience.

everything else that i don't like so much is just a minor niggling aesthetic choice (overly dark shadows, the placement of the dark freighter scenes, not speeding up the dark freighter animation by 25%, etc...). otherwise, tone aside, it's a fairly decent film, with an ending that only slightly weakens the message of the original work. i like it quite a lot.
>>
I still think it's got one of the best opening credits scenes. Really good song. Nice shots.
>>
>>94653277

It missed the point of the book. Shit adaptation.
>>
>>94656164
This. The hyper violence and how cool Dan is as Night Owl are the most obvious symptoms.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.