[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

X-Men Gold has the potential to be the most Mary Sue book ever

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

File: DHMGO9z_UMAELoi_N.jpg (310KB, 1023x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DHMGO9z_UMAELoi_N.jpg
310KB, 1023x1200px
A team book in which everybody is either inept or wallpaper except for the waifu of the writer who is a complete badass who beats all the baddies, and is also a genius, and a hacker, and a ninja-samurai.

pic related, art tease form next issue
>>
>>94648657
Kitty Pryde has been running on "author's favorite" for well over a dedace.
>>
>>94648657
Was Syaf right?
>>
>>94648657
>and is also a genius, and a hacker, and a ninja-samurai.
You realize that Claremont did all that stuff decades ago, right?
>>
>>94648657
Oh, hey, Rachel is jobbing again. So much for her revitalization.
>>
>>94649806
Let's not forget the time she was a spy
>>
>>94650015
She's back and in a new way!
>>
I am not a fan of Kitty Pryde, and it's not just because she's an M person and a J person
>>
>>94649806
>>94650151
So mankind continues to never learn from past failures.
>>
Who is the new artist?
>>
>>94648657
>and is also a genius, and a hacker, and a ninja-samurai.
Well she is, she was trained by wolverine in martial arts, was a computer genius since highschool.

Blame Claremont for that.
>>
>>94650406
Didn't she get mystically endowed with her martial arts skills by Ogun?
>>
>It's a "Kitty saves the day" episode.
>>
>>94649066
Why? I know this but I don't understand why? I know she's Bendis' waifu but I always thought everyone saw her as boring. Growing up people usually talked about Rogue or Storm but no one cares about Kitty
>>
>>94649066
It's been almost 40 years
>>
>>94651109
Everyone's girlfriend syndrome when they're young
>>
>>94648657
>Kitty is cancer
Wolfman beat you to the punch decades ago OP.
>>
>>94651109
>character is a jew
>comics are controlled by jews
>"why is this jew pushed so hard?"
>>
>>94648657
Only Claremont wrote her well and Whedon
>>
>>94648657

Sounds pretty standard modern Marvel writing to me. You just explained Miles Morales, Riri and FemThor with that same text.

Bendis in particular doesn't seem to realize a hero with no flaws is a boring hero.
>>
>>94652013
>Miles Morales
Nigga, He can't get himself a girlfriend. He always get told what to do. He got his ass beaten by street level villians
>Riri
She isn't smarter than tony and always get talk down by him. She can't handle her own fights.
>FemThor
Unless she can cure her cancer, she isn't perfect. She is killing herself because she wanted to be thor. And anyone hates her for picking up the hammer.
>>
>>94652280

>Nigga, He can't get himself a girlfriend. He always get told what to do. He got his ass beaten by street level villians

Yeah, then Prince of Darkness or Hulk comes to the fray, Morales yells "Venom Strike" and wins instantly. Oh, and he has women lust for him regardless and no real character flaws.

>She isn't smarter than tony and always get talk down by him. She can't handle her own fights.

Except the books explicitly tell the reader that she's smarter than Tony, Bruce and Reed combined. Scenes where she gets talked down are there to show how Tony is being an asshole and doesn't realize how perfect Riri is yet.

>Unless she can cure her cancer, she isn't perfect.

Having a tragic fate is not a weakness. Its a common thing with Mary Sues, "oh she doesn't care enough about herself!" or "She cares too much about her friends". Those are not weaknesses.
>>
>>94652405
Blackheart has a boner for humans, so he is going to lose to them.
>>
>>94652405
>Yeah, then Prince of Darkness or Hulk comes to the fray, Morales yells "Venom Strike" and wins instantly. Oh, and he has women lust for him regardless and no real character flaws.

He still lost those battles, Peter talks shit to him, venom blast can't work on electro, sandman, Quick characters, hulk villains, villains with a brain etc, etc. Peter did crazier things that miles cannot do.

>Except the books explicitly tell the reader that she's smarter than Tony, Bruce and Reed combined. Scenes where she gets talked down are there to show how Tony is being an asshole and doesn't realize how perfect Riri is yet.

You are just making up excuses. It is in the comics! She can't win some battles and always asks tony stark for some advice.

>Having a tragic fate is not a weakness. Its a common thing with Mary Sues, "oh she doesn't care enough about herself!" or "She cares too much about her friends". Those are not weaknesses.

I didn't say that she care about her friends. She getting shit-talk by odin and thor. And she is forcing herself to fight battles.
>>
>>94652814

Quit lying Bendis, your writing sucks. The day you and your harem of minority fat Tumblrinas get sacked from Marvel is the day its comic department gets saved and the Minority Sues will disappear.
>>
that's supposed to be kitty pride in the op?
>>
>>94651628
This would make sense if Moon Knight was pushed.
>>
>>94653249
Yes, she grew up and now leads the x-men and runs the school
>>
>>94651628
>Ben Grimm is a jew
>FF are literally blacklisted
Is /pol/ ever right?
>>
>>94648657
And is the Best X-men selling book.
>>
>>94653478

because of character fags. for example, Storm is wallpaper and all Stormfags buy this book. the same goes for Nightcrawler.
a book with kitty, storm, nightcrawler, colossus, rachel and old man logan can be mediocre as fuck and sell pretty well.
>>
>>94650015
Seriously, I'd rather Rachel just not be around if all she's going to do is job to people she should be able to oneshot.
>>
File: 1912632-ardian_syaf.jpg (8KB, 187x210px) Image search: [Google]
1912632-ardian_syaf.jpg
8KB, 187x210px
>>94648657
APOLOGIZE
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.