[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Disney Parks thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 138
Thread images: 15

File: special-offers-dlr-generic-pep.jpg (75KB, 560x315px) Image search: [Google]
special-offers-dlr-generic-pep.jpg
75KB, 560x315px
Can we have a Disney Parks thread? DuckTales (woo-oo) got me in a Disney mood.

Not sure how they usually start off. Favorite parks and rides? Next planned visits? Any cast members here?

It's been forever since I last went. Tagged along with my friend's family as a sophomore in highschool since they had a timeshare there. Never been since. Gotta get back
>>
Well Universe of Energy (Ellen's Energy Adventure) and The Great Movie Ride just closed down for good yesterday.

R.I.P those two.

Now Hollywood only has 3 ride attractions available for guest to go on now. Going be congested as fuck for those three.
>>
>>94648080
They shut down the movie ride?!

Fuck this shit
>>
>>94648080
too add on to my post with your questions OP,

I was just there in June. I have lots of fun. My favorite park is old Epcot Center and favorite ride was Horizons and Rio el Del Tiempo. Even as a kid, I knew and understood the concept and purpose of Epcot and why there was no Disney characters in there unlike now. Now it's starting to feel less like a special park and more like another generic theme park with IP shoved everywhere. Hollywood Studios is an even bigger mess.

As a fan of Marc Davis, i'm not a fan of the pirate change coming soon.
>>
>>94648080
>Muppets
>Star Tours
>Toy Story
>Tower of Terror
>Rock n Roll
Are 2 of these closed for repairs or something?
>>
>>94648161
Yep. Going be replaced with a Mickey and Minnie attraction ride. the look is going for the recent Mickey shorts style.
>>
>>94648211
My bad, I forgot about Toy story mania. so 4 rides then. Muppets is more a movie show thing so i didn't count that.
>>
>>94648161
Why close one of their biggest attractions when half of the park is already under construction?
>>
Went in March with my dad to celebrate me graduating medical school (I still have to pass my boards)/he had a medical conference there so part of the trip was reimbursed. The day we arrived we had a lunch reservation at the "Living with the Land" restaurant in Epcot (a character meal), and we were wearing buttons that our hotel gave us that said we were celebrating my finishing medical school. Mickey comes over and sees my button and hugs me, and I've only seen my dad get emotional once (his father's memorial service).
But he got emotional here.
We might go back again in December because he has another potential meeting there.
Also--something a lot of people don't know: When you go to Magic Kingdom, go to the Firehouse right after the entrance on Main Street and ask about "Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom." It's a free-to-play interactive card game scavenger hunt and you get free cards every day you go to the park.
>>
>>94648321
They're in full "fuck it" mode in hollywood studios. Might as well close everything now, Star Wars land is guaranteed massive attendance anyway when it opens
>>
Question can you use a vip disney pass in both disney world and disneyland park?
>>
>>94648080
>mourning Ellen's Energy Adventure
Glad it's gone, worst ride in the park. The whole thing was wank for the sponsors. F for the Movie Ride though, I'm looking forward to Mickey but I'll miss it.
>>94648321
Hollywood Studios has always kind of been the "fuck it" park. They shove the thrill rides in there and assume that'll keep the crowds coming. To be fair it used to be my favorite park when I was younger, so they're doing something right, I guess.
>>94647725
I fucking love Epcot. I'd probably pay just for the World Showcase, but Future World just makes it that much better. As for rides, I unironically love Figment and the Carousel of Progress. Rock n' Roller Coaster too, natch.
>>
>>94648576
>>mourning Ellen's Energy Adventure
>Glad it's gone, worst ride in the park. The whole thing was wank for the sponsors.

Ellen's I never care for, but I did like the first ver. of it. Not for everyone though, I agree. Still this was an attraction that been there since opening.
>>
>>94648214
Surprised they're going with the recent Mickey look, granted no one likes his 40s to 50s shorts, but was his late 20s to 30s look too old school?
>>
File: extinct.jpg (30KB, 360x480px) Image search: [Google]
extinct.jpg
30KB, 360x480px
Rode UE and GMR yesterday. Felt more weird than sad. I was never huge fan of energy but it's still another chunk falling off the whimsical science iceberg.
>>
File: IMG_1077.jpg (232KB, 718x888px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1077.jpg
232KB, 718x888px
So...... how do you all feel about Disney exploiting loopholes to get Marvel characters in WDW?
>>
>>94649847

Universal should have bought the whole catalog instead of cherry picking.
>>
>>94648321
Evidentally, they lost the TCM license, so they just can't keep it like that anymore.
>>
I know at this point it's just a rumor, but I'm pumped if they decide to replace the Tomorrowland Speedway with a Tron coaster.
>>
>>94649904
That's just a Marvel licensing tradition at this point.
>>
>>94649971

It's confirmed.

The speedway was just a crowd containment "ride". Good riddance.
>>
Anyone have any family in-jokes from Disney trips?
>at Land
>walk by Autotopia. Smell of diesel fills the air because it's Autotopia
>find it hilarious Tomorrowland cars don't run on electricity or something
>put on a '20s radio announcer voice and rant about the benefits of diesel
>"Ah, sweet sweet diesel! The fuel of the future!"
>rants get more surreal, things like eating diesel and replacing blood with diesel
>family thinks it's hilarious
>to this day whenever something seems like a step backwards family references sweet, sweet diesel
>>
zootopia attractions when?
>>
>>94649971
The concept art shows it's kinda behind Space Mountain and the speedway is still there
>>
>>94650748
Do they even have meet-and-greets for the characters yet?

Also, any idea what they're replacing Terminator 2 with at Universal? Not sure if it's gonna be the Jimmy Fallon ride or what.
>>
File: dale_knows_what_he_likes.jpg (417KB, 1364x2048px) Image search: [Google]
dale_knows_what_he_likes.jpg
417KB, 1364x2048px
>>
>>94650590
>At land me and brother are bored in line
>Bro finnaly says "I'm bored." Not even a minute later the band marches by the line and plays for a solid 15 minutes till we get on.
>This happens 5 other times during the day
It's like the secret word or something to summon them
>>
File: zootopia-move-it-mk.jpg (87KB, 860x484px) Image search: [Google]
zootopia-move-it-mk.jpg
87KB, 860x484px
>>94650870
I'm pretty sure so far their only appearances are during parades.
>>
>>94648951
Agreed. Didn't really like Ellen/Bill Nye version, but the original was pretty ok.
>>
>First went to Disney World in 2016 in my mid-20's
>Went for Star Wars Dark Side Half Marathon and 5K
>Loved the parks, loved the race, saw Zootopia for the first time

Now I plan to go every April to become a legacy runner for the Dark Side Half Marathon. The place is great, but very little Zootopia merch.
>>
>>94650748
When furries start behaving themselves.
>>
WDW Attractions Coordinator checking in. AMA.
>>
>>94648404
What is a VIP Disney Pass? Are you talking about, like, hiring a VIP Guide? Because yes, but it's not really a pass.
>>
>>94651646
thank goodness, it's over. i was worried they might make a franchise out of it
>>
>>94649971
>>94650052
You're half right. The Troncycle is being built, and it is confirmed, but it's being built behind the Speedway. Speedway is staying.
>>
>>94652214
Worst experience with cast member or customer
>>
>>94652318
Worst experience with a Guest was one of them punching one of my Cast. Hard to deal with in a lot of ways.

Worst experience with a CM was walking in on one trying to rape a coworker.
>>
>>94652375
Story time on punch please
>>
>>94652214
Opinions on Pins?
>>
So when Communicore is completely taken out like the blue sky plans for Epcot show, and UoE is gone, what is even left of Epcot's Future World?
>>
>>94652401
The CM was in the Stretch Room at Mansion, and had gotten in to position while the room was stretching. The Guest didn't realize she was there, and when the lights came back on, he was scared, and his reaction to being scared was to punch a girl half his size in the face.
>>
Went to Disneyland last week and it was pretty fun. Loved Thunder mountain and space mountain, Mainsreeet electric parade was amazing, got addicted to pins (Oswald was my breaking point and seeing him with ortensia just had me cave in HARD), Haunted mansion was a fun time, and rode every ride besides splash mountain, screaming California, and toy story mania. Also what was funny is that I did not know they had their own band until me and my family were walking out of frontier land and a staff member sat us all down on an empty bench saying "The band is coming, take a seat."

Problems were
>Too hot
>Never got a picture with Oswald since he was in for an hour in the beginning of the day and just dissapered, even staff were confused
>Matterhorn I hyped up to much and didn't enjoy as much since it had REALLY sharp sudden turns that hurt my side, also small cars.
>>
>>94652214
Do you ride rides on breaks?
>>
>>94652435
I refuse to carry them at work. I'm extremely busy, and rarely have time to stop and trade. Worse, a coworker of mine has had Guests do things like jump out of moving ride vehicles -- MULTIPLE TIMES -- to trade with him. Or, if you're trying to move crowd flow, load a vehicle, or get a line moving, people stopping to trade gums up the works. Just not in a position to trade most of the day.

I have no issue with people who are in positions where they can spend time to stop and chat trading pins, though I don't understand the hobby myself. I gave it a shot once, and didn't get it. Trading is cool, but there's no mystery to what pin you're getting like there are with baseball cards or whatever, so I don't fully understand the point of trading. That pursuit of being surprised, or getting rid of duplicates, or turning randoms in to desires is important to me in trading hobbies.

I've thought about how you could make it a side job, though. Pins have value on the eBay market, so you could buy cheap pins, and then scour the park for pins that will sell for more than you paid on the open market. Voila, you've made a profit. Seems super easy, but also a great way to get fired.
>>
>>94652214
Is there a Hierchy on the Characters? For example Mickey > Alice in terms of security and supervision.
>>
>>94652538
No, for a few reasons. First, your breaks are only 15 minutes, save for one 30 minute unpaid break a day. Eating, talking to your coworkers, or checking your phone are all better uses of that time than riding a ride.

Second, you can't ride in the costume of another attraction. Like, a Pirate can't go ride the Jungle Cruise. And if you're riding the ride, you're taking a spot from a paying Guest, so you'd better have a good reason. Those reasons are work, and you can't do work on your union-mandated break.

Third, you don't really have time. The rides I work range from 7 minutes at minimum to 13 minutes under even just normal operation. That's half your break at best. And if you were stuck on the ride instead of coming back from your break, it would be your ass.

Now, in my role, I do ride whatever ride I'm working at least once a day to check the show quality, though.
>>
>>94652653
No. None of them have security at all.
>>
>>94652214
Longest ride malfunction? Got stuck on the Alice in Wonderland ride at Land for about 16 mins and had to be walked out through a breakroom.
>>
>>94652706
I mean, I've had attractions down -- unplanned -- for entire days, or close to, before. That's rare, but it can happen.
>>
>>94652504
Huh, isn't it weird how Oswald (Rabbit) is with Ortensia (Cat)?
>>
>>94649847
This is Disney, I'm used to it.
>>
>>94652778
Stamina and no barbs.
>>
File: todo fine.png (665KB, 1280x622px) Image search: [Google]
todo fine.png
665KB, 1280x622px
>go to Epcot
>visit the countries of the world
>go to Mexico
>get pickpocketed
>get to Germany so I can visit the security booth
>suddenly loudspeaker drowns everything out
>3pm
>everyone is on their knees pointed towards Mecca
>fuck it I'll just go to Britain
>security booth guy nowhere to be found
>spend my last $10 on the trolley ride
>it explodes
>>
>>94647725
Actually, I stayed in Animal Kingdom Lodge for a week in July. I had a lot of fun.
The best part was Disneyquest, which I went to on the last day of it being open. It was actually great. I mean, 45 bucks for an all-you-can play arcade? They had Guitar Hero Arcade, too many racing games to count, fucking MvC2! It was incredible. Too bad it shut down, would've gone more often if I'd known what it was.
>>
>>94652901
What the fuck? Is this some reference I don't understand?
>>
What's your favorite restaurant? Disney Springs included.
>>
>>94652214
How can guests make CMs experiences better, easier, or even more fun?

Also storytime on rape. That's fucking horrible
>>
It never made sense to me that there's no Tiana's Palace restaraunt in New Orleans Square.

>>94649971
Tomorrowland in Florida or California?
>>
>>94653430
Florida.
>>
File: 1500536769664.jpg (107KB, 537x720px) Image search: [Google]
1500536769664.jpg
107KB, 537x720px
>>94652583
Custodial here who traded a lot of pins here.

You turn them over and make them into Mystery Pins. Guests love that shit because it's like a wild card. Sometimes I even made them be trivia pins and made guests do Disney trivia to see the pin. I knew a guy who gave guests the option to do improv to see his mystery pin, and he'd make them do shit like the Hot Dog Dance or a Marvel Hero pose.

It's also a good way to protect your good pins from scumbags who clearly bought 952 shitty pins in an eBay lot and want to snatch every good pin you have in exchange for Fucky McFuck the Disney Car Decal Dog pin.

>I've thought about how you could make it a side job, though. Pins have value on the eBay market, so you could buy cheap pins, and then scour the park for pins that will sell for more than you paid on the open market. Voila, you've made a profit. Seems super easy, but also a great way to get fired.
Pretty much impossible when every single pin you're gonna find on cast lanyards is about dogshit in value on the market. It's not worth spending days trying to get a bunch of good pins and then wasting time trying to get what? 20 bucks? Off them on eBay, and then you have to ship that shit out. Nevermind the fact if you aren't a manager, your manager expects you to have a certain amount of pins on your lanyard, since you borrow trading lanyards from them. Just do it for fun. Now if you're backstage and getting the good pins/cast only trading pins from the pin station (MK has one in the tunnels by Main Street I think but you have to be in uniform) then selling them, then you're probably gonna get fired.
>>
>>94648576
>As for rides, I unironically love Figment and the Carousel of Progress.

The old version of Figment was great. The newer Eric Idle version sucks.

Carousel of Progress is good for a sit down when you're tired and hot because there's never a line and no one else goes there.
>>
>brother and his wife just went to Disney World a few days ago
>kinda jealous because I haven't gone in the longest time and really want to
>been in a sort of Disney mood lately
>poorfag so I can't go any time soon
>>
how would you improve epcot?
>>
>>94653672
The giant Eric Idle moon head is the scariest thing in any Disney park.
>>
>Cheap So-Cal passes are finally opening up again next week

I don't care if it's going to be more packed than a gay man's ass at an orgy. I'm still going.
>>
>>94653795
That was bizarre but you think it's creepier than the moon face that used to be in Horizons in the Jules Verne section??
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (6KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
6KB, 480x360px
>>94653962
Never been to Epcot while Horizons was open, first went as a kid in the mid/late 90's. But those sunken eyes...those jowls...
>>
I just got hired to work at Disneyland after 3 years of trying, I'm so happy and better yet, I'll be working one of my favorite rides
>>
File: Had Enough of Chapek.jpg (291KB, 1038x604px) Image search: [Google]
Had Enough of Chapek.jpg
291KB, 1038x604px
>New rumor has popped up that they're considering shoehorning an Indiana Jones Land into Animal Kingdom as a total replacement of Dinoland USA.
>>
>>94654079
Congrats! Stuff like this really makes me want to try Disney World again.
>>
File: IMG_2962.jpg (19KB, 162x185px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2962.jpg
19KB, 162x185px
>>94654236
>Indiana Jones land
>in Animal Kingdom
>Animal
>>
>>94654297
Additionally, the Indiana Jones Stunt Show was going to be a good chunk of the original planned site for Galaxy's Edge. Would be much better to have an Indy area replace that and Star Tours.
>>
>>94654236
>>94654297
>>94654339
It makes sense, since they can just reskin Dinosaur into the Indiana Jones Adventure, since it's the same technology and track layout as at Disneyland (cept like one or two missing turns that can probably be put back).
>>
>>94654381
Yeah, but that's still such a lame way to do it and even more detrimental to Animal Kingdom's identity then Avatar.

I'd be okay with it if they end up merging concepts and we get something like "Indiana Jones and the Lost World" as a reimagined way to cover extinct animals in the park and maybe recycle Energy's dinosaurs in an attraction replacing Dinorama, but anything else would be super disappointing.
>>
>>94653210
To your first question, just being friendly and talking to us, but being aware of where you are and what's going on around you. At a load station, just get in and sit down. If you somehow can't mentally prepare for the act of sitting ahead of time, or decide it's question time, you're holding up the entire line behind you, as well as the operation. You can even create downtimes. Similar at unload stations. Just get off the ride.

However, at all the many, many places where Cast aren't hurriedly trying to make the ride move, chat away. Nothing makes my day better than someone just saying hi and asking about the park. Most of us love giving directions, advice on food, favorite attractions, or bits of trivia or history. Pleasant conversation is great. Don't waste your time on it, but it's the easiest way to make a CM's day.

And if they do a great job, go to Guest Relations and tell them. Managers only care about compliments when it comes from GR.

As far as the rape, there's very little story there. I was walking from the entrance to the exit of an attraction through a Cast Member hallway close to park closing, and one Cast Member had another pinned against the wall, with her skirt pulled up and trying to rip her panties off. At first, I thought it was consensual and was annoyed, and just turned around. Came to find out it was not. He literally fled the state, and she was too embarrassed to ever say anything to anyone else, because she blamed herself for being weak.

For the longest time, I kept it to myself because she didn't want me to say anything. Everyone else thought he was just the coolest dude. Then she died, and now I tell everyone who will listen.
>>
File: Horizons 12.jpg (33KB, 480x369px) Image search: [Google]
Horizons 12.jpg
33KB, 480x369px
>>94654023

Horizon's basically look like that, except the face look more like Ted Cruz and had a rocket ship plowed to one of it's eye. Pic related.
>>
>>94653737
A time machine.
>>
>>94653737
Bring the Shrinking Atom ride back and make it bigger and better TommarowLand. Also Pizza planet restaurant, seriously what the fuck how is there not one.
>>
File: 1501469433922.jpg (39KB, 663x579px) Image search: [Google]
1501469433922.jpg
39KB, 663x579px
>>94654912
>As far as the rape, there's very little story there. I was walking from the entrance to the exit of an attraction through a Cast Member hallway close to park closing, and one Cast Member had another pinned against the wall, with her skirt pulled up and trying to rip her panties off. At first, I thought it was consensual and was annoyed, and just turned around. Came to find out it was not. He literally fled the state, and she was too embarrassed to ever say anything to anyone else, because she blamed herself for being weak.
>For the longest time, I kept it to myself because she didn't want me to say anything. Everyone else thought he was just the coolest dude. Then she died, and now I tell everyone who will listen.
>>
>>94654236
He's an annoying little fucker. When I saw his presentation at D23 on youtube, his mannerism and voice pisses me off. Especially when he and Tom Fitzgerald tried justifying how Guardian of galaxy "fit" in Epcot. came off desperate and trying force audience to accept it at same time belittling them. Same also cause Tom was one of the people who did great service to Horizons attraction. What a shame.

As for Indiana, I don't understand and get the placement to Animal kingdom either. put it in adventureland if they need that ride. If dinosaurland needs fixing, get fucking rid of the shitty carnival section that makes no sense in the land.
>>
Park photographer checking in, AMA
>>
>>94653737
idealistically, this >>94654938

The main problem seems from not slowly updating the place every5- to 10 years to keep it up in shape. Horizons, World of Motions, Universe of Energy, Living Seas, communicore, and Imagination pavilions could all could of been kept if they put focus and attention to up keeping it and making some small but fresh updates to them. But they didn't do that and so Epcot lagged behind. they also didn't bother adding anymore countries since 1987 despite still having enough room to add 6 more
>>
>>94655113
>If dinosaurland needs fixing, get fucking rid of the shitty carnival section that makes no sense in the land.

The loose idea behind it was that it's supposed to represent Roadside Dinosaur Attractions that you'd find around a fossil-rich town like the one Dinoland is supposed to represent even though no Roadside Dinosaur park actually works that way and they'd have been better off building a family dark ride emulating those drive-thru dinosaur statue safari-type dino parks.

The non-Indy rumor I've been hearing for the Dinoland overhaul is that Dinorama will definitely be getting ditched for something else, with the replacement possibly incorporating the dinos they removed from Energy
>>
>>94655264
A lot of that was the result of how much the park relied on corporate sponsorship and contracts that stipulated a pavilion update once every 10 years that sponsors could have a hand in picking. World of Motion died because GM fell for the thrill ride meme and Imagination's turntable was a maintenance headache and new execs didn't like Dreamfinder or some shit.

It was easier to get sponsors for Future World, but World Showcase, which based itself on an international companies from these different countries ponying up the dough model, never really had as much luck getting sponsors.
>>
>>94655174what is your favorite place to work?
>>
>>94653672
I actually don't mind Idle. Granted, I'm a millennial shit who never rode the original, but still. It's a comfy ride and the song's nice.
>>
>>94655363
True on all that. Though nowadays, Disney doesn't probably need sponsors given how filthy rich they are compared to back then.

As for Imagination, It was Michael Eisner who apparently did not like Figment.

I wish GM was able to incorporate test track as an addition to that pavilion like Soarin did to the Land.
>>
I'll be at Disneyland tomorrow and the next day, anyone else going then?
>>
>>94647725
Only been to Disneyland/California Adventure. My favorite ride was Indiana Jones when it first came out. That shit was tight. It sucks now. So I guess Thunder Mountain, but I swear it's never running when I go. I have been in a long time and I don't have any real plans to go anytime soon either. It's way too fucking crowded and it's even getting expensive as a local.
>>
>>94655844
why does indiana jones ride sucks now? no update maintenance? bored of ride?
>>
Going during Christmas day, how fucked am I? Also I need a hotel during 24,25 and 26. Any suggestions? I have about $500 to spend on lodging.
>>
>>94655174
Do any hotties and Milfs showboat for you?
>>
>>94655844
>Indy sucks now
I hope this is overexposure talking, that's one of my favorites.
>>
>>94655929
It still runs on Windows 95
>>
>>94655991
Wow, you're super fucked man
>>
>>94653050
are you retarded?
>>
>>94655398
Hollywood Studios
>>94655993
No
>>
>>94656217
Explain please. I need to know how fucked am i exactly im taking mg wife and 2 kids under the ages of 2.
>>
>>94654236
So dumb, it should be in Adventureland. Or at least HS. Plus with Energy gone, Dinosaur is the only (good) dino ride and kids love dinos.
>>
>>94656287
Those are the most crowded days of the year, plus around that time of year the hotel rates shoot up really high
>>
Does anyone know if Tower of Terror was toned down at some point? Went on it recently for the first time since I was a teenager, and it didn't feel as intense as I remember. Did they turn it down some, or am I just older?
>>
>>94656287
If your budget is $500, you might get lucky and find an airbnb in Kissimmee, but that's still doubtful. Be prepared to pay a lot more or drive in every day from fairly far away, Christmas is INSANELY busy.
>>
DLR Stores/Stock Replenishment Lead checking in
>>
File: 1494982430680.jpg (40KB, 452x710px) Image search: [Google]
1494982430680.jpg
40KB, 452x710px
>>94647725

>when all your favorite attractions and rides get replaced with bullshit

Through early morning fog I see
Visions of the things to be
The pains that are withheld for me
I realize and I can see…
>>
>>94650870
Have they announced a closing for Terminator yet?
The Jimmy Fallon ride's already been built, they opened it earlier this year. The ride itself is good, but you need to be a Fallon fan to understand all of the references and characters.
>>
>>94649590
They should have gotten a ride with a little critter named Elon Muskrat to teach people about electric cars
>>
>>94651527
They should just use a Zootopia story to update Splash Mountain
>>
>>94655929
>>94656206
They brightened it up and made the car ride a lot smoother.
>>
>>94654236
Dinosaur is the best ride there

>>94655113
GotG or any Marvel character can legally never be in Epcot or any Disney park East of the Mississippi
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwy71dBcwDw

who else is a little dissapointed with this light show? They hyped up all the new animation but we got like 30 seconds of original stuff and more clipshow youtube amv shit like every other projection show.
>>
>>94658805
Not counting the effects animation, of course, which is great! But they really talked up the character stuff last year.
>>
>>94649904
The Marvel theme park they have is stuck at the time they got it. They can't update it at all. The problem is that if they don't upkeep it Disney can take away the rights with the argument they are hurting the Marvel brand by not maintaining the standard of Marvel. So they're screwed by having to take care of the best theme park for a particular generation of Marvel that is becoming increasingly irrelevant
>>
>>94658762
GotG can since Universal doesn't have license rights them. only xmen, spiderman, avengers, and fantastic 4. That's why Disney can and is bringing GotG to WDW cause it's one of few properties of marvel they can bring over there.
>>
Any recommendations at Eurodisney? Rides, shops, restaurants, shows etc

Am I correct in assuming that it's not like WDW where you need to use fast pass and make reservations three weeks ahead etc? I'll be there in early December if that helps
>>
>>94659063
The Crush Coaster is great. Get there early to do that, the line's crazy and I vaguely recall there wasn't a fastpass.
>>
>>94655174
Is it considered rude to ask photographers to take pictures with my phone? I get the Photo pass and professional pictures anyway, but it's nice for the instant access on phone.

I'm kinda surprised they don't insist on professional camera only, honestly.
>>
>>94658710
>inb4 alt-righters getting triggered
>>
>>94660058
I'm more triggered about the idea of needlessly updating a ride whose entire theme is built around the Brer Rabbit stories than "don't be racist". Nothing wrong with the latter, the former is a SIN.
>>
>>94660058
for fucks sake. making a new ride has nothing to do with Song of the South. Nobody cares about Song of the South because Disney pretends it doesn't exist. It could just be quickly turned into a fun Zootopia ride
>>
>>94660302
Zootopia doesn't fucking belong in a land based around the old west though.
>>
Planning on taking my daughter to World in like 4 years once she's old enough to appreciate and remember the experience. I hope they don't completely change everything before then
>>
Honest opinion on Disney Quest

Go
>>
>>94650748
I'm pretty sure they're planning on making a Zootopia land in Animal Kingdom.
>>
>>94647725
>friend works at disney world
>I work as a shitty wage slave
>can no longer talk to him about it or read about it without seething in a jealous rage
>>
>>94647725
Only been to DLR. I find it comfy as fuck. Currently saving up money so I can check out Galaxy's Edge when it opens (the plan being to savor all the interactive stuff on my own and worry about the rides later when I come back with company who could care less about the former.)

My most recent trip was a unique one.
>Double rides on Mission: Breakout
>Hit all the big name rides with under a half-hour wait
>Single rider on Indy, take advantage of CMs calling for spare riders and get myself and some girl on the same ride...
>...which breaks down in front of the Mara statue, causing the two of us to crack jokes during the breakdown period.
>Get to see emergency lighting Indy, followed by a second proper Indy ride
>Semi-rare character photo-op
>'Letric parade

Usually have the best of times on my own.
>>
>>94660806
Shit was cash. I understand why it's gone, but it's a bummer. Admittedly it was running down, but still.
>>
What are they replacing the Electric Light Parade with when it ends next week?
>>
>>94648080
>>94648211
honestly I'm surprised they don't just shut down Hollywood Studios when it's in that kind of condition, at least until the new stuff is ready

>>94649847
>>94649904
>>94658865
honestly either Universal should just give up the Marvel rights, or Disney should offer them an appropriately large amount of money to get them once and for all
>>
>>94660302
How exactly does Zootopia fit in Frontierland?
>>
>>94660940
But then we'd lose The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man. Think when you speak, anon.
The impossible happens and Universal actually loses the Marvel license. What do they replace the island with? Image comics? DC like they originally planned? A Dark Universe shill?
>>
>>94658762
>GotG or any Marvel character can legally never be in Epcot

You are aware a Guardians of the Galaxy ride is under construction in Epcot as of exactly today, right?
>>
>>94659629
No, they're expected to do it.
>>
>>94660929
When is the Pixar Play Parade coming back again?
>>
File: Moroccodick.jpg (231KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Moroccodick.jpg
231KB, 1280x720px
DCP Alumni 2013-2014 and 2016-2017
>Roommate and I extend
>Roomie becomes photopass and I stay custodial
>Roomie gets epcot
>During training roomie is told not to take a certain area in Morocco
>Fireplace at Aladdin Meet n Greet forms penis on the outside as shown in pic related
>>
When's Epcot getting more countries?
>>
>>94660987
I hope they replace with it with DC. But then again Disney's Marvel would be based off of the Cinematic universe when Universal's is based off the company's best period
>>
The car ride broke today
>>
>>94663231
There needs to be a macro for this in regards to Radiator Springs Racers and Indiana Jones

>__ Days w/o a breakdown
Thread posts: 138
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.