[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DuckTales 2017

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 517
Thread images: 110

File: DuckTales.jpg (2MB, 2063x3131px) Image search: [Google]
DuckTales.jpg
2MB, 2063x3131px
This is how you do a remake, CN.
Was about time Disney got another champion after the trainwreck that was SvtFoE s2 and the movie.
>>
>>94642849
I was cautiously optimistic before but I really liked the pilot. About time Disney did something with the old comics, they're the best thing that ever happened to Donald Duck and-

>star vs s2 and the movie
>a trainwreck

kys fag
>>
>>94642849
>That spoiler

Damn you seemed so smart fo a second.
>>
>>94643186
>>94643131
eh forget that shit and let's actually talk about cartoons

I'm surprised they're actually gonna do something with Della. The only times she ever comes up, ever, is when someone asks where the fuck she is.
>>
>This is how you do a remake
>that cancerous modern art
no
>>
>>94643221
Let's face it, we're never going to see another cartoon with visuals like the old Disney or WB shorts. It's too expensive.
>>
File: 1502525217347.png (25KB, 662x166px) Image search: [Google]
1502525217347.png
25KB, 662x166px
>Obligatory reminder that by watching this show you are helping to feed a literal shitmongerer who threw Disney's Nine Old Men under the bus for 'muh feminism'
>>
File: nl_dd2017_17n_001 (2).jpg (35KB, 400x278px) Image search: [Google]
nl_dd2017_17n_001 (2).jpg
35KB, 400x278px
>>94643212
Except for those dutch flashback comics.
>>
>>94643239
>>94643221

I never get how you guys like that shit, it grating as fuck to the eye,like a camera that wont focus enough.
>>
>G-got to put my opinion in spoilers!!
Own it.
>>
>>94643300
HAHAHA! "Het spinnenweb", fucking classic.
>>
>>94643300
Yeah, fair enough. She was an astronaut in those or some such.

>>94643303
Like what shit?
>>
>>94643279
I dont care that my phone was made by slaves, i dont care my food is basically tourtured animals and empty calories, and I really dont care that someone I dont know hated on people I dont know.
>>
File: deepest lore.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
deepest lore.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>
Is it really that good? I haven't watched the premiere yet.

I watched the original as a kid but I find it difficult to go back to today, for anything but nostalgia.
>>
>>94643377
Go watch the premiere before you get spoiled by opinions that aren't yours.
>>
>>94643377
If you like the old Donald Duck comics, you'll find it's a decent adaptation of them with a mix of Ducktales stuff

If you haven't read the old Donald Duck comics, they were well-written, well-researched adventure comics starring pantsless ducks.
>>
>>94643377
I really liked it, and its pretty good subjectively. Honestly though its more of a comic adaptation then a show reboot. The few 5hings from the show they kept were changed enough to be considered completely diffrent things. Like Webby
>>
I remember watching DuckTales but it was never really a beloved childhood cartoon, I think I liked it but it wasn't that memorable as I can't remember any specific episodes or characters I liked.
>>
>>94643358
>22 + 1400 = 87
wat
>>
>>94643415
Other than Webby, the theme song and the title, what did they keep?
>>
>>94643477
Launchpad
>>
>>94643358
>who's cleaning my room?

sensiblekekel.exe
>>
File: delicious brown.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
delicious brown.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>94643519
He's probably into black chicks, seeing as where he was born and all
>>
>>94643483
Launchpad wasn't in the comics?
>>
>>94643519
>>94643358
fuck this looks terrible
post more screenshots
>>
>>94643534
He wasn't in Carl's or Don's, at least. He made his debut in Ducktales.
>>
>>94643519
Come on Disney, you have all the money in the world. Spend a little more on backgrounds
>>
>>94643477
They also made Scrooge a bit nicer

>>94643534
No, him and Fenton were created to replace Donald
>>
>>94643548
>>94643539

Always bitching about style, like there is only one thats acceptable.
>>
>>94643239
in irony it's due to fewer and fewer slave labor level places in the world. We are going to hit a point in the next decade or so where most consumer goods is going to sky rocket globally because there is no shithole left where you can charge $1 an hour to get that product made.
>>
>>94643434
it's code for September 18, 1987. The premiere of the original.
>>
>>94643597
Disney and WB only used in-house animation for their classic shit, though, didn't they?
>>
>>94643221
>if it wasn't what I grew up with it's trash
get the fuck out of here grandpa and get a life bigger than your lost childhood.
>>
>>94643583
>visual medium
>it looks like shit
>WHAA STOP COMPLAINING I LIKE WATCHING SHIT
this is you, this is how dumb you sound
>>
File: deviantart.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
deviantart.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>94643630
so because you retard grew up eating shit now eating shit should be OK
>>
>>94643583
the visual style doesn't make much sense to me

its like they want it to look like a comic but were too lazy to go all the way

shouldn't half-way shit, should go one or the other
>>
>>94643279
>Looks her up
>She has a pilot in production at Disney
She didn't get fired HOW?
>>
>>94643629
not in the 80s and up, they out sourced everything. I don't have it so I'll ask someone to post all those comparison charts of the different Korean and Jap studios that animated on shows like Ducktales, Tiny Toons, etc.
>>
>>94643649
It's not shit now either, it's just easier for you to see everything as shit, because that's all you are, that's all you have.
>>
>>94643694
She cleverly insulted the working men who had nothing to do with sexist policies at their workplace, instead of attacking Walt Disney, the rich man who actually came up with and enforced said sexist policies. If she insulted the rich man whose fault it actually is she'd be fired. Stupid fucking cunt.
>>
>>94642849
>>94643131
>>94643186
Meh, i agree with him. i was also dissapointed by star, but i didn't even get that far, i dropped it after they totally ignored the heckapoo episode wich could have been a great way to develop marco.
But this was great. Let's see the great things it has:
>Full-22-min-lenght-episodes
I'm fucking tired of the two-11-min-episodes
>40 mins for the first episode
They're taking this shit seriously.
>best opening ever
Just that.
>Webby's going to be more relevant
Some might like it, some might not, but i'm all about it.
>Really giving the kids characterization
In the original series they were kind of... there? They usually acted as one and i don't even remember if they were like in this reboot. Given that i saw the original a year ago, i think that means something.
>Totally nailed Scrooge's character
It would have been so easy to fuck it up, to make him just a greedy bastard with nothing but greed or just a tsundere, i'm so glad they were able to keep it like in the original, maybe even better, but we'll see.
>I still can't understand for shit what donald is saying.
Some people might think of this as a bad thing, but i dunno, since a kid i've always tought of donald as this duck character that makes weird noises and sometimes you get a few words out of it. I like they managed to get that feeling too.

And that's pretty much it i think.
>>
>>94643635
Go watch some anime or something faggot cause art obviously isnt your thing
>>
>>94643674
>its like they want it to look like a comic but were too lazy to go all the way

The fuck does that even mean? They based the style on comics, the end. What could the "half way point" you pulled out you pretentious arse be?
>>
>>94643694
>>94643730
You are super sad dude.
>>
File: 1111111111111111.png (7KB, 392x170px) Image search: [Google]
1111111111111111.png
7KB, 392x170px
>>94643811
Sorry anon, not samefagging. Didn't even know she was a director on DT until I had to look her up.
>>
>>94643477

Launchpad, Beakley, a lot other originals like Gizmo Duck are there. They are going to adapt some stuff from the original series too.
>>
It was a highly enjoyable show. I'm looking forward to more. Was afraid they were going to Gravity Falls-ify it and they did a liiiiittle bit but to me they did it in a positive way. They took the non characters of the kids which was the weakest aspect of the original and made them as amusing as a Gravity Falls character, kept the setting, plot, and scrouge the same for the most part, and made Donald a part of the plot which is a huge plus.
>>
>>94642849

As a giant fan of the comics, it was basically the comics mixed with original ducktales with more space for character progression.

The art style might take some getting used to (not a fan of the mouth flaps so far, but I suppose that's hard to get right) but the writing so far and lore-jokes are on point.
>>
File: donald-duck.jpg (53KB, 642x350px) Image search: [Google]
donald-duck.jpg
53KB, 642x350px
>>94644029

And somehow I posted my comment without finishing it, that was weird.

Anyway; I'm really exited based on what I've seen so far, and I'll definitely keep watching it. Are we getting a new episode once/week? anybody know how many episodes we'll get?

Final score for the pilot: 3/3 nephews.
>>
>>94643868
Had that ready huh? You know how I kow you are the same person, because the pic has no context nor informaton but all of the comments act like its full of it.

Also everyone and their mother knows you can just turn off your phones WiFi to be registered as a new poster
>>
>>94644043
knowing disney, we're probably getting this episode, next will be in 6 months, they'll air 3 week-to-week episodes, another 3 months of hiatus, a single episode, and then they're going to pull some big-week-marathon shit out of their asses and we're going to get all the other episodes back to back once the ratings of the show are so low they realize they shouldn't have made all those hiatusi. Hiatuses? how the hell do you write "hiatus" in plural?
>>
>>94644168
So, basically, they're adopting the CN airing schelude but without every single thing during the week being TTG, right?
>>
>>94644168
Well if we're going off the Gravity Falls style airing, we'll get 6 episodes before they go on hiatus. It'll take a loooooong hiatus after we have 6 episodes and then they do semi regular airings.
>>
File: 2222222.png (128KB, 1132x874px) Image search: [Google]
2222222.png
128KB, 1132x874px
>>94644141
>He doesn't know 4chanX

Ok.
>>
>>94643757
>40 mins for the first episode
Dumbass, that was actually 2 episodes aired back to back.
>>
>>94643674
>>its like they want it to look like a comic but were too lazy to go all the way
First of all, how can you be too lazy to go 'all the way'? If it looks like a comic, it looks like a comic. Second

https://suspendersofdisbelief.tumblr.com/post/164114568856/why-does-ducktales-have-an-imagineering-research
>In order to make our show look more like an old comic brought to life, our intrepid art director Sean Jimenez bought massive pieces of blank, weathered newspaper sheets and had his friends at Imagineering do an impossibly high res scan of it. He then layered it under every background in the show to provide that old comic strip texture. If you look closely, you’ll notice the actual newspaper pulp.
I don't know how you can put more effort than it being possible to see the pulp of paper
>>
File: nx8Kzsx.png (117KB, 1043x633px) Image search: [Google]
nx8Kzsx.png
117KB, 1043x633px
>>94644264

to prove this guy's point with the (you's), this is my screencap
>>
>>94644198
What they did with Tangled. The only company I know of that actively tries to kill it Buzz
>>
>>94644264
>>94644355

Well that's a whole lot of nothing
>>
>>94643279
wtf I hate DuckTales now
>>
>>94643757
>Some people might think of this as a bad thing, but i dunno, since a kid i've always tought of donald as this duck character that makes weird noises and sometimes you get a few words out of it. I like they managed to get that feeling too.
They're definitely playing the writing to work with that which is great. Donald's main thing in this show is slapstick and any time he says anything important they have the next line pretty subtly reiterate what he said. I can see some people finding it annoying, but they managed to fit classic Donald Duck into the show and I love it too.
>>
>>94644317
It looks like an old comic alright, just not a duck comic.

Those character designs for the kids still suck ass.
>>
>>94644141
>Had that ready huh? You know how I kow you are the same person, because the pic has no context nor informaton but all of the comments act like its full of it.

It's not clear whether you're only accusing >>94643694 and >>94643730 of being the same person or also being the person who posted the pic in the first place. In any case, I posted the Twitter pic and it's been reposted so many times that you'd be a fool to think it was just one person samefagging. In case there's any doubt that I am a different Anon, I'll let my 4chan Pass show in this post, which is something I'll wager at least one of the other Anons (they're not the same person) can't do.
>>
>>94644043

We get next episode September 23, season is 21 episodes and season 2 is already coming.
>>
>>94642849
I work at Disney

Rescue Rangers is next, guys
>>
>>94644650
>Those character designs for the kids still suck ass.
Compared to what? Because you can't be saying their comic or show looks are better or more interesting.
>>
>>94644317
>I don't know how you can put more effort than it being possible to see the pulp of paper
They could actually be consistent with the half-tone instead of only using it for certain shaded areas in the background, or they could have just, you know, made it look like a Duck comic since they're so earnestly trying to pay tribute to the Barks/Rosa comics and all.
>>
>>94644684
Now I know its all one tiny dicked crybaby
>>
>>94644317
>I don't know how you can put more effort than it being possible to see the pulp of paper

It's confounding they would spend that effort on getting the backgrounds to look like a comic, but give almost no line weight variation to the characters. It feels like nuPPG. Loud House captured the old comic look better on probably a much smaller budget.
>>
>>94644713
>can't even perceive differences in writing styles
How do you breathe?
>>
>>94642849
>This is how you do a remake, CN.
How? It's not terrible, but also not flawless. What are you trying to say here?
>>
>>94644729
Prepare to have your valid criticism ignored, Anon. We're all just tiny dicked crybabies, apparently.
>>
>>94644695
>Rescue Rangers is next, guys
WHERE IS MY FUCKING DARKWING DUCK?!
>>
>>94643722
the tiny toons isnt exacly the most priced thing to come out the warner brothers, you cant use that as an example on everything else
>>
>>94643322
>like what shit

Cartoons with art styles that don't look like Pablo Picasso paintings.
>>
>>94645265
it looks fine. stop being a crybaby.
>>
>>94643730
Jesus Christ calm down dude.
>>
After all the good things I was hearing, I wasn't prepared for the animation to be as bad as it was. It really took me out of the experience.
>>
>>94643279
I see this post in every thread and I don't know what the fuck it's supposed to mean.
>>
>>94645290
I sort of agree. The animation was very "cold" for lack of a better word. I wasn't a fan of the voice acting, either. They didn't sound like professional voice actors. Like the kind of acting you hear in dubbed anime.
>>
>>94645313

It's just low-budget tweened shit. The same crap you see all over Cartoon Network these days. I'll give them some credit for making an attempt at staying close to the original Carl Barks art, but Disney really shit the bed in regards to the budget and the animation.
>>
>>94644741
But the CN's remakes really are terrible. DT doesn't have to be perfect to be a good example of how to make a decent one.

I think the love you put into your work makes an obvious difference. TTG, PPG, and the new Ben 10 feel like a product from a factory line. Whatever you think of Ducktales, there's no doubt that an enormous amount of love and passion was put into the project. No denying that.
>>
>>94645290
>I wasn't prepared for the animation to be as bad as it was
I'm a pretty big stickler for bad animation, but I feel like people who complain here aren't adjusting their expectations for modern TV. We're not going to get 2-D animation with the kind of budget the original DuckTales had behind it anymore. It's just not gonna fucking happen. This is pretty top-notch as far as affordable, in-house animation for TV.

>>94645313
>The animation was very "cold" for lack of a better word
Not sure what you mean. I found the characters to be expressive and fluid, and there were plenty of moments where the show used flourishes that were completely unnecessary, but added character, like Scrooge being so dexterous with his cane. Facial expressions are always changing to match inflections and attitudes as characters talk. There may be minor instances of "tweening" but when it goes heavy on the action, they do it properly.

And people need to remember that the original DuckTales wasn't always TMS. A good number of the episodes have pretty sub-par animation. Modern shows aim more for consistency.
>>
I was a bit disappointed by the animation quality, since I expected something of this level.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hj37D64hWQc

I guess that was kinda my fault.
>>
I absolutely love how well they nailed the characterizations. Donald in particular is one of my favorites. I feel like this series might be his "Goofy Movie" in terms of making him into an actual character for TV instead of just a face for merchandise.
>>
>>94645491
Life and Times is required reading for every crew member working on DuckTales. At the very least, they do know their duck shit.
>>
>>94645354
>Disney really shit the bed in regards to the budget and the animation
This is modern Disney, they won't spend a penny more than is necessary, gotta pay them shareholder dividends. It was incredibly noticeable when they bought SW and we went from the fantastic looking high budget last season of TCW to the seriously underfunded and bland looking first season of Rebels.

But still, what >>94645510 said - It's pretty good for a modern 2D cartoon.
>>
>>94645563
>>94645527
Animation aside, I wish they kept the thicker, more inconsistent lineart style that PV had. It works way better for this comic feel they're clearly going for compared to the super uniform lines they have now.
>>
File: soon.jpg (33KB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
soon.jpg
33KB, 540x304px
>>94645170
>>
>>94645724
Will they recast him? I honestly can't imagine anyone but Jim Cummings getting so dangerous.
>>
>>94645310
How sad is it that someone else on /co/ has to explain to you who the Nine Old Men were?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disney%27s_Nine_Old_Men

They're revered icons of animation history, you fag. Specifically Disney's history. You know, the company this bitch works for.
>>
File: on_a_silver_platter.jpg (45KB, 620x226px) Image search: [Google]
on_a_silver_platter.jpg
45KB, 620x226px
>>94645563
I mean, his characterization in this is just lifted from the comics. People who think Donald is a boring character have not scratched past the surface when it comes to media about him.
>>
>>94644702
>Because you can't be saying their comic or show looks are better
They are.
>>
>>94645563
>in terms of making him into an actual character for TV instead of just a face for merchandise.
7 decades too late.

Carl Barks already achieved that a long time ago. The TV series is just playing catch up.
>>
>>94645735
Jim Cummings is still a Disney regular. I think we're safe. Gosalyn on the other hand...
>>
>>94645883
"La miglior difesa", HAHA! Classic Donald.
>>
>>94645845
I know who the fucking nine old men are. Why am I supposed to be pissed about what she said? Why should Disney even be pissed? That was fucking forever ago. It's not like she wrote a slanderous essay an then posted it on Disney's official Twitter account, you sperg.

>>94645883
I don't totally agree. In the comics, Donald wasn't shown to be nearly as compassionate as he was in just this first episode. His relationship with the triplets usually just boiled down to him being constantly angry at them. Barks wasn't really that keen on characterization. To him, characters were just tools to tell a story, and his handling of them is incredibly overstated. Rosa fleshed them out more, but even then Donald took a backseat to Scrooge and was often just used as a heel instead of being shown as a three-dimensional foster-parent.
>>
>>94645980
Which is why I said "for TV". Barks didn't work in TV. Lern 2 reed.
>>
>>94646007
With scrooge, Rosa used Donald as the straight man
Without scrooge, Donald was usually a talented fuckup who wanted to be a decent parent but couldn't pull it off
>>
How well does the old series hold up? After watching this I want to watch the movie again.
>>
>>94643279
This image has pretty much lost all context to me.
In other words; who gives a shit?
>>
>>94646007
>Why should Disney even be pissed?
Because pissing on the graves of Disney legends WHILE YOU ARE REVIVING ONE OF THE COMPANY'S MOST BELOVED PROPERTIES should be seen as tantamount to career suicide. Fuck her and whatever liberal feminist influence she exuded over the show.
>>
>>94643674
Had my reservations about it but it looked animated, especially in the first episode.
>>
>>94646063
Then just watch the movie. If you enjoy it and want more, then the series will give that to you.
>>
>>94646071
>This image has pretty much lost all context to me.
See >>94646084

>In other words; who gives a shit?
The contingent of this board who don't like the fucking show
>>
>>94646084
>whatever liberal feminist influence she exuded over the show
Well I'm sure you'll be here to tell us what awful propaganda it is every time a female character does anything competent or not traditionally feminine. Yawn.
>>
>>94646084

Funny part is the VA of Donald has pissed on Disney far harder than a stupid tweet and getting away with it at the moment.
>>
>>94645980
>constantly hear how amazing Carl Barks is
>decide to read his stories
>they're good, but not nearly to the level I imagined after all the hype
>Donald is basically just an angry foster parent who goes on adventures sometimes
Please stop overselling it. Yes, you can definitely appreciate how revolutionary these comics were for the time. They basically pioneered the idea of comics as an actual storytelling medium, but the characterizations are pretty inconsistent, and Barks basically changed them on a whim whenever it suited the story most.
>>
>>94646150
I'm listening.
>>
>>94646063

It looks like low budget farmed-out tripe compared to the classic shorts of the 30s and 40s of course, but it looks like Richard Williams compared to anything being made for TV today.
>>
File: breadwinners_83.jpg (14KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
breadwinners_83.jpg
14KB, 300x168px
Still better than Breadwinners
>>
>>94646138

I didn't like the show and I don't give a shit about feminism or whatever irrelevant political crap you autists always go on about.
>>
>>94644168
Hiatuses is the plural.
>>
>>94645527
Yeah that was never going to happen.
>>
>>94646208
That's not really hard to do
>>
>>94646217
The director shitting on the Nine Old Men is not irrelevant; it's a warning sign that she's probably not going to handle DuckTales with care because has no reverence for Disney history.
>>
>>94646257

This series would be trash with or without her involvement. Irrelevant.
>>
>>94646084
All she said is that they were "repressive" And maybe they fucking were, for all I know. I haven't researched it and honestly don't give a shit. Yes they helped build the foundation of 2D animation, but that doesn't mean maybe they weren't personally shitheads. Accusing someone of being repressive is not "pissing on their graves", you sperg.

Granted, I think it's unfair to hold anything against the nine old men, even if it is true. They were all born over a hundred years ago and were a product of the world they lived in. Getting pissy over their hiring policies is pretty pointless.
>>
>>94646152
Reminder that if you are making a claim then you need proof to support it. I at least need issue numbers where characterization comes into contrast with what was written prior.
>>
>>94646063
The movie is actually pretty awful. You'd be better off watching the 5-part series premiere. Although you could skip episode 4, it's pretty bad. Or actually, don't. Episode 4 is far more indicative of the general quality of the show.
>>
>>94646283
It's a false accusation, so yes they fucking were. You don't even know what her tweet was about, do you? She was tweeting that interview that Time or whoever did about gender/race representation with all those white male animators. Reddit and Twitter created a shitstorm over it. But the Nine Old Men had nothing to do with Disney's policies of not promoting women to animator positions, Walt Disney did. And he was way more progressive than his contemporaries--the entire coloring department was staffed only by women.
>>
>>94646152
This better be fucking bait. You don't even sound like you've read the comics.

>Donald went on adventures with them "sometimes"
>>
File: Line weight.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Line weight.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>94645667
There's a bit more of it in the first episode.
It's presence will probably fluctuate over the series.
>>
>>94646296
It has very little to do with contrast, because characters can and do often have contrasting characterization from time to time. Donald in particular can be both enraged and compassionate about things within moments.

What I'm talking about is the consistency with which the characterization is employed. Sometimes the triplets will be in mortal danger, and Donald will be worried because it serves the plot for him to be worried. Other times, he will give literally zero shits because he practically hates them and Barks was just using it for a gag. I'm at work right now, but I can go home and thumb through my volumes to try and find some examples to satisfy your autism if I still care in 5 hours.
>>
>>94646359
The quality of the animation in general fluctuated a lot throughout the episodes, I'm guessing they're still getting the hang of it.
>>
>>94646351
>You don't even know what her tweet was about, do you?
This is what I said from the very beginning, because the tweet in and of itself means absolutely nothing. It just keeps getting reposted and I'm supposed to be mad for some reason. I don't have time to keep myself abreast of Reddit's latest crusades.
>>
>>94646352
>Donald went on adventures with them "sometimes"
Not what I said. I said he "sometimes goes on adventures". He always goes on them when they happen, but they don't always happen. There are a good number of Barks stories that are just about Donald doing random shit around town or playing antagonist to the boys. Cool your autism jets.
>>
>>94646360
Oh yeah, how dare a comic for children have jokes or treat life-and-death situations in a lighthearted manner. But I'm clearly the autistic one.
>>
>>94646393
It's Mercury right?
They're stuff on WoY was gold and they're pretty innovative in general.

These days it seems like they're trying to combine traditional technique's with digital advantages. Maybe they're playing around a bit here.
>>
>>94646461
It's still inconsistent characterization, so I'm not sure why you're trying to justify it by spouting "IT'S FOR KIDS", when all that does is prove my point that Barks wasn't as artful as people pretend he is.
>>
>>94643358
Is she called webby because of her web of lies
>>
File: d.png (2MB, 773x1329px) Image search: [Google]
d.png
2MB, 773x1329px
>>94646007
>>94646152
>>94645980
>>94645883

Carl Barks didn't give the ducks full characterization. Don Rosa did, and that's where the new Ducktales version of his character takes inspiration from.
>>
>>94646448
>He always goes on them when they happen, but they don't always happen.

In Uncle Scrooge issues yes they happened most of the time. He did way more stories for Scrooge and his nephews than just Donald and the boys.
>>
Why does Donald talks like a retard? Is it because of inbreeding?
>>
>>94647102
He has a speech impediment, it's super rude to mock him for it.
>>
>>94646084
>muh evil Jew liberal feminist conspiracy
>sperging out over one tweet
>>
>>94646152
>They basically pioneered the idea of comics as an actual storytelling medium,
Nope.

Carl Barks turned Donald into an actual character which is what the other guy is praising this reboot for.
>>
>>94646025
Which is a stupid outdated achievement that's not worthy of being said. Golly gee, Donald is an actual character in the TV series, oh wow.

Even though that shit has been achieved 7 decades back when Carl Barks took Donald out of his goddamn boat and made him a proper character with a proper life.
>>
>>94645354
>making an attempt at staying close to the original Carl Barks art
???

They might have recreated his oil paintings, but those character designs are off.

I don't remember the boys having square heads.
>>
File: dd gh 04.jpg (65KB, 678x250px) Image search: [Google]
dd gh 04.jpg
65KB, 678x250px
>>94646152
>he didn't read Carl Bark stories as a kid
>they're good, but not nearly to the level I imagined after all the hype
What did you expect from comics more than 5 decades ago?

But know this, Carl Barks stories are better than literally anything Disney put out about the ducks.

DuckTales is seriously a piece of shit that should have been rebooted a long time ago.
>>
The Intro is godtier and I like Scrooge in the reboot but fuck the nephews
>>
>>94647598
>Carl Barks stories are better than literally anything Disney put out about the ducks.
>DuckTales is seriously a piece of shit that should have been rebooted a long time ago.
Pretty sure the Barks stories were all put out by Disney. And I'm pretty sure the original cartoons and comics are well received, since they are what made everyone in this thread fans in the first place.
>>
>>94647598
>What did you expect from comics more than 5 decades ago?
I dunno. But critics and fans tend to always call it "the greatest storytelling of all time" or similar praise. It's nowhere near that.

>>94647416
Except he didn't at all. Rosa did.
>>
>>94643279

I'm fine with that.
>>
>>94647783
of course you are, /co/mblr.
>>
Webby was surprisingly well done.
>>
>>94646162

There's been stories of him getting away with selling the kind of Disney merchandise that would get most fired, bullying to keep a lock on the role and other stuff because he has dirt on the right people.
>>
>>94647793
She was fucking annoying
>>
>>94647820
Eh, I don't agree. I was more annoyed by the triplets man voices than anything else.
>>
>>94647820
She was fucking CUTE
>>
>>94647820
I was expecting duck version of Mabel from Gravity Falls, instead I got duck version of Jade from Jackie Chan Adventures. I have no complaints.
>>
>>94647846
same, especially the one who voices panda on We Bare Bears. It's very grating
>>
File: sadface.png (455KB, 900x853px) Image search: [Google]
sadface.png
455KB, 900x853px
>>94644695
HEY! You dickwads fired me back in 2004!
You guys are mean
>>
>>94643358

>so many references and possible plot lines

hnggggggggggggh
>>
>>94647714
The best duck stories are all from Carl Barks. Don Rosa is a close second, but still a second.

>I dunno. But critics and fans tend to always call it "the greatest storytelling of all time" or similar praise. It's nowhere near that.
I'm a fan, and I never said that. I read Carl Barks comics all my childhood, and all I can tell you is that they're way better than anything Duck Tales put out. In fact, I've been watching a few episodes of it just to see if I wasn't actually being too harsh on it, and nope, I was right.

They were so fucking bad especially those with Bubba Duck. Holy shit it's awful.
>>
>>94648205

No. Carl Barks is overrated, his stories are almost all rather dull, his art is uninspired and his characterization is weak. He invented the adventure aspect of duck comics and multiple characters and will always be legendary for that, but other authors massively improved on his groundwork, especially Rosa.
>>
>>94646084
Since when Disney company care for the people that contributed with the company? Uncle Walt never cared about people, he only cared about cartoons. He was anti-workers's rights, denounced long-time workers to the McCarthy witch-hunt and fired that chink who made Bambi's background right after he finished the movie.
>>
>>94643341
Typical American.
>>
>>94648281
>his stories are almost all rather dull, his art is uninspired and his characterization is weak.
>his art is uninspired

wew lad

I mean I've seen some shit opinions on /co/ but yours takes the cake.
>>
>>94648205
>especially those with Bubba Duck
Nobody remembers Ducktales past the first season
>>
>>94644741
Because compared to CN reboots, "just being competent" is enough to be better, not to mention there's lots more potential here than any of those other ones.
>>
>>94648542
the first season is 65 fucking episodes man
>>
File: whatIwatchedWebby.jpg (380KB, 1008x403px) Image search: [Google]
whatIwatchedWebby.jpg
380KB, 1008x403px
>>94647910
>>
>>94648281
Name me a Rosa story that's better than Carl's.

Life and Times work in a set, but individually, they can't match up to something like the Golden Helmet or Only a Poor Old man.
>>
>>94648658
So like I was saying, nobody remembers Ducktales past the first season

I'd say past the first 30 or so episodes if I was being completely honest.
>>
>>94648205
Bubba didn't appear that much after his arc. The way you guys talk, it's like he was Urkel or something
>>
>>94642849
Does anyone else see a man looking right and a little downward in that picture?
>>
File: ten04[1].jpg (449KB, 700x1023px) Image search: [Google]
ten04[1].jpg
449KB, 700x1023px
>>94648683
Not him, but Treasure of the 10 Avatars shit on anything any other Duck author could pull off. It's perfect in every way.
>>
>>94648723
The first 65 episodes all premiered around the same time and usually played in random order, so most people probably have no idea which episodes are the first 30.
>>
>>94648800
Goddammit. Can't unsee.
>>
>>94648770
He wasn't Urkel but he was the Scrappy-Doo of the show except way less memorable. That said, he did show up more frequently than he needed to (which was more than once)
>>
>>94648205
>The best duck stories are all from Carl Barks.
Scarpa, Van Horn, Artibani, Enna, Cavazzano, Rota, all of them have stories that beat a good chunk of both Rosa's and Barks library. Europe has a quite a lot of great Duck comics. Saying Barks made all the best Duck comics just screams American Barks-purist.

Barks probably has the highest amount of quality content though, and produced a metric ton of content in the first place.

>Don Rosa is a close second, but still a second.
Rosa probably has the best library pound for pound out of all Duck artists, but he only created about a seventh of what Barks did.
>>
>>94648770
But everytime he showed up the episode focused on him and his antics in Duckburgh instead of, you know, adventures and shit
>>
File: 1348423701272.png (49KB, 189x268px) Image search: [Google]
1348423701272.png
49KB, 189x268px
>>94645984
Why replacing Gosalyn is a such a big de-ohhhh, now I'm sad.
>>
>>94648683

I can hardly think of any Don Rosa story that isn't better than literally every Barks story.

Even disregarding the "lore"/epic adventure stories Rosa is famous for, Barks has nothing even remotely close to the inventiveness of stories like the ones about the universal solvent/Black Knight, the story where Scrooge and Donald are shrinking, the story where gravity is flipped sideways, or many others.
>>
>>94647910
She more a fusion between Dipper and Mabel with a bit of Jade thrown in. Having Dipper love of adventure, intelligence and awkwardness. Mabel's hyper-active and fun-loving desire to make friends with Jade's ambition and drive to get things done.
>>
>>94648205
Disagree. I think Rosa's stories are far more thought-out and intriguing. They are almost always based moreso in fact, or at the very least, play consistently by the rules they lay down for themselves, which makes them more interesting and satisfying. Barks' stories often end when it seems he simply ran out of ideas or just decided to move on.

>>94648683
Golden Helmet and Only a Poor Old Man are top tier Barks, but I still have found that Rosa had a better sense of fun, even when the scope of the stories was smaller. Universal Solvent and His Majesty, McDuck are great. I also love Rosa's funny stories even more. Anything he wrote with Magica was a riot. Forget It, Cash Flow and A Matter of Some Gravity are just so much fun because the stories set down an interesting concept or idea, and then plays with it in ways that make sense based on the context.

And to disqualify anything from the Life and Times is kind of unfair. But even then, pretty much anything from the companion stories were all written as stand-alones and I definitely think they're better than most Barks stuff.
>>
>>94648681
Someone who actually knows how to do these with a single image in each box instead of a collage of about 12, well done.
>>
File: i9NFzKM[1].jpg (335KB, 935x1361px) Image search: [Google]
i9NFzKM[1].jpg
335KB, 935x1361px
>>94648961
>The story where gravity is flipped

God damn this one is amazing. I still piss my pants laughing, even after reading it like 30 times. Each panel is brilliant.

http://imgur.com/gallery/Bx2f1
>>
>>94642849
>they actually brought back the old iconic theme song
Why the fuck couldn't Thundercats do that shit?
>>
>>94648803
>>94648961
>>94649086
>all this Rosa support
Nice to finally see. I feel like all the Duck threads I've been in over the last year are mostly filled with Barks purists who think Rosa is a fanfiction-writing autist. Which may very well be the case, but it's some damn fine fanfiction.
>>
>>94649097
This is the kind of shit I used to randomly daydream about as a kid. Really hilarious to see it put into a story and thought out with this level of sincerity.
>>
>>94642849
Let me guess, one of you autists will post that one 9 old men tweet that has been going around in your saved images since the announcement and pretend it's the reason why this new show is worse than the original
>>
>Donald is a main character now

Ducktales 2017 became objectively better than the old one with just this little thing.
>>
>>94649240

Seriously.

I was so happy when they threw in a legit Donald tantrum. Beautiful.
>>
>>94649119
Thundercats reboot clearly only wanted the name and characters
>>
>>94645984
>Jim Cummings is still a Disney regular. I think we're safe. Gosalyn on the other hand...
>>94648946
>Why replacing Gosalyn is a such a big de-ohhhh, now I'm sad.

Every goddamn time I remember I die a little inside.
>>
Wait so am i thinking about this right, they released two episodes and the real start of the series will be in a month?
>>
>>94649256
I lost my sides when he stopped, mid-tantrum, to gently nudge the frame on the wall askew, then resumed.

But I especially love how legit Donald is in this. Despite the comic relief and the tantrums, Everything he did came from a place of responsibility and love for his nephews. I hope they don't completely gloss over his grudge against Scrooge, though. I'd love to see Donald rebuilt his trust for his uncle slowly, over a season or two.
>>
>>94649348
Pilot episode sneak peek, preview, whatever. Seems to be the done thing with a lot of cartoons these days.
>>
>>94649369
I want to know what his relationship with his sister was like. It's a completely unknown part of his character.
>>
>>94649369

I couldn't agree more.

>>94649441

Me too. Can't believe we're fonally getting some info on her.
>>
>>94649271
That show was such a missed opportunity.
>>
>>94649398
But i see two episodes on the torrents.
>>
>>94649554

Yes, the pilot consists of two episodes.
>>
>Show has been up for three days
>threads are already horrifying
>>
File: nl_dd2017_13k_001.jpg (34KB, 400x276px) Image search: [Google]
nl_dd2017_13k_001.jpg
34KB, 400x276px
>>94649441
>>94649472
Outside the dutch "Donald's First" one-pagers and the Astronaut story in "80 is prachtig", she's pretty much a complete unknown.
>>
>>94649674
>>threads are already horrifying
How so?
>>
>>94649674
Surprised they're not much worse since you have half a fucking century plus of autism to pull from for this.
>>
>>94649696

And that's why Dutch Donald Duck is best.

Actually, I wonder if they had permission to use her or they just winged it and hoped no one would notice. It almost seems like there's an unspoken rule not to use her.
>>
>>94649097
That was amazing. Actually made me feel a little dizzy reading it.
>>
>>94649945
Now read the one where Magica curses their speech. Also the stopwatch one.
>>
File: Della2.jpg (56KB, 446x319px) Image search: [Google]
Della2.jpg
56KB, 446x319px
>>94649696
She's definitely a pilot in the new series, I wonder if she's still Donald's twin as well.

>>94649861
>It almost seems like there's an unspoken rule not to use her.
It's weird that in 50+ decades no one has ever really done anything significant with her before.
>>
>>94649976
>decades
I meant years.
>>
File: nl_dd2017_16n_001.jpg (33KB, 400x269px) Image search: [Google]
nl_dd2017_16n_001.jpg
33KB, 400x269px
>>94649998
>Della is 500 years old
That is one ancient little duckling then
>>
File: 1490851403407.gif (12KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1490851403407.gif
12KB, 200x200px
>>94642849
>>
>>94650208

Wait wait WAIT

>We came out of an egg ourselves...so maybe there's a brother of us in here

So animal-people in Duckburg all breed like their animal counterparts? Ducks lay eggs but the Beagle Boys came out of momma beagle boy?

But what about actual birds that also live in Duckburg? Oh god.
>>
>>94650333
Even weirder when you realise some ducks also have tits.

The way I look at it is like Argonians, I just don't think about it too hard.
>>
>>94650333
Unsure if this is using Rota as a basis, but this is just Donald setting Della up for a prank
>>
>>94647102
He's a duck. He talks like a duck.

A better question is why does every other duck character talk normally?
>>
>>94650333
It's like the whole Goofy/Pluto thing all over again.
>>
>>94643279
You aren't too bright are you
>>
>>94648349

>is getting raped by Muslims
>>
>>94650422
>You aren't too bright are you

*You aren't too bright, are you?
>>
File: Donald's first easter prank.jpg (153KB, 284x964px) Image search: [Google]
Donald's first easter prank.jpg
153KB, 284x964px
>>94650333
>>94650402
>>
>>94649967
>one where Magica curses their speech
You can't just say things like these like everyone has all of the comics in digital format with a search bar.

Do you have an album or at least an issue?
>>
>>94650478

oh thank god
>>
>>94650514
>He doesn't have a complete Rosa collection

That one is called Forget it!, I think.
>>
>>94648876
I grew up with a lot of that shit. I admit, there are some fine stories from European authors that I loved but the stories I seem to remember the most were all from Carl. There were no bias on my part considering I didn't know they were even written by him to begin with.

The first time I read the Golden Helmet, I had already consumed shit loads of European duck comics and even don rosa's life and times. But anyway, I fucking loved it. A Christmas for Shack Town is another story I came to know about late to the game. Again, I had no fucking idea it was from Carl.

Adding credits to the stories were a later thing. The initial years I read the French picsou mags, I had no clue who were the authors, and I probably still don't know a lot of them. I can only remember my favourite stories, which seem to be mostly from Carl's.
>>
>>94650478
Willing to typeset if anyone's got a better version of the comic.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dR4SxFAOdAk

MOM!?
>>
>>94649132
Not really. Don Rosa fans act like his work are god sent.

I enjoy him as much as the next duck fan, but not to the point of shitting on Carl's comics.

Life and Times is amazing, but i don't care as much for anything else he did.
>>
File: nl_dd2017_19j_001 (1).jpg (83KB, 281x400px) Image search: [Google]
nl_dd2017_19j_001 (1).jpg
83KB, 281x400px
>>94650814
Sadly, most of these seem to come from Inducks, which only provide tiny versions, probably to prevent people from simply reading 1-page comics on their page instead of in the comicbooks themselves, so they don't get in trouble with Egmont or Disney.
>>
File: the fuck.jpg (37KB, 953x710px) Image search: [Google]
the fuck.jpg
37KB, 953x710px
>>94642849
>the trainwreck that was SvtFoE s2

Okay but if you won't kill yourself can you at least not come to svtfoe threads anymore? If you hate it so much?
>>
>>94650727
Ah, I think it was just the way you phrased it that bothered me. "All the best" and all that.

I have no issues with finding Barks to be the number one Duck comic creator, the way you phrased it just made it sound bad.
>>
I will lose my shit if Goofy appears in this

I will lose double of my shit if Mickey appears in this
>>
>Tfw i fucking love this artstyle

Stiff style best style
>>
>>94651128
What if full Goof Troop cameo episode?
>>
>>94648681
>Donald as Jackie
Literally perfect
>>
>>94642849
Webby is a strong independent womyin
>>
File: ducktales.jpg (54KB, 1018x674px) Image search: [Google]
ducktales.jpg
54KB, 1018x674px
>>94651283

Get out of here with that shit, retard.
>>
File: MarcoPolo67.jpg (790KB, 1241x1600px) Image search: [Google]
MarcoPolo67.jpg
790KB, 1241x1600px
>>94651098
My favourite stories from European authors are usually those that redo known history / plays but with ducks and mickey.

Something like Marco Polo, Zorro, Les Miserables etc were all up my alley. There were so many of them. The Italian stories with Rockerduck weren't half bad either.
>>
>>94651283
Webby is a lonely child who has nothing but a mama bear character and a rich, cranky old man as her only connection to the outside world.
>>
File: MarcoPolo16.jpg (672KB, 1600x1032px) Image search: [Google]
MarcoPolo16.jpg
672KB, 1600x1032px
>>
>>94651310
The Seven Wonders saga was my favourite. They were my first "big" duck comics as a kid back in the 80s but I've never been able to find them again. Not a lot of older Italian duck comics online, much less translated.
>>
>>94651333
I do hope we'll see how Beakly and her granddaughter came to live with Scrooge in this version of Ducktales, and why Webby's such a fangirl of Scrooge and Donald.
And how Scrooge treats Webby.
>>
>>94651395
Webby was locked in his house all day. Why wouldn't she develop stockholm syndrome?
>>
>>94651386
>80s
You're an old one.

My duck reading years were from 1998 and onwards. Probably stopped around 2008.

Pic related is the first Duck issue I bought.
>>
>>94651128
>>94651248

Mickey's out of the question. Goofy's available and we did hear Spoonerville mentioned. Maybe we'll get Goofy talking about him and Donald going way back while Pete tries to exploit how his neighbor's friends with Scrooge's nephew.
>>
File: 1444260381880.gif (993KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1444260381880.gif
993KB, 250x250px
>>94642849
Post your favourite quotes.

>No, get back, you're old!
>>
>>94651158
I'm fine with it too. I mean, if I can watch anime and stuff like Samurai Jack and enjoy it, then so can I watch and enjoy the animation of Ducktales 2017.
>>
>>94651511

>I've got a kilt McDuck, a kiiiiilt
>>
>>94651511
Pretty much every single thing that came out of Launchpad's mouth.
>>
>>94651445
This was my first Duck book. One of my relatives gave it to me when I was 4, the thing is 17 years older than me.

I started reading Donald Duck issues from that point(1993) onward.
>>
>>94651511
>HI NICE TO MEET YOU I'M EVERYBODY'S FRIEND
>>
So it's going for Donald and Scrooge had a falling out because Della got killed on one of their adventures, right?
>>
>>94647798

Disney seems to be grooming Daniel Ross as Tony Anselmo's replacement.

Anselmo was only able to get away with raiding the Disney Vault and selling the stuff he stole because he was gay and knew who else at Disney was gay. But that was back in the 80s and 90s, when being outed could hurt your career. Now, though, with "gay acceptance" and the value of diversity hires, it isn't a threat to out anyone anymore.

He's lost his leverage and Disney is maneuvering to remove him.
>>
File: donaldface.jpg (447KB, 3404x1524px) Image search: [Google]
donaldface.jpg
447KB, 3404x1524px
>art style is great and the comic book aesthetic is a fantastic match

>voice acting is way more fun than the original. Scrooge is a real Scotsman, Launchpad sounds like an eager goof, Webby is full of sass.

>nothing felt forced. it was a fun adventure story with a focus on family, exactly like Ducktales should be.

Man. And here I let y'all scare me with all the crying and contrarian bullshit. My ONLY complaint is that HDL would still be more fun as a "three in one" character.
>>
>>94651692
I have a few issues from 1994 from relatives, but this is as far back as it goes.

The reason I stopped is well, 1 I got old, and second, you know it's time to stop when they're reprinting the same stories you already read a decade ago.

I felt the generation gap, like why the hell am I still reading funny animals comics in my late teens? If I decide to get back into it, i'd probably get one of those carl barks / don rosa collections. I already own life and times and the companion book.
>>
File: Donald'sEasterPrank.png (2MB, 1146x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Donald'sEasterPrank.png
2MB, 1146x1600px
>>94650814
>>94651039
Found one! And a whole bunch of others too!
>>
File: Donaldella kids.png (43KB, 544x513px) Image search: [Google]
Donaldella kids.png
43KB, 544x513px
>>94651861
FANTASTIC!
>>
>>94651800
>Scrooge is a real Scotsman,

Alan Young was Scottish, dude. The American accent he used in Mr. Ed was fake; the Scottish accent he used for Scrooge was his real accent.
>>
File: 1.jpg (635KB, 1130x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
635KB, 1130x1600px
>>94651861
These are as cute as fuck. Can anyone translate?
>>
File: 2.jpg (618KB, 1131x1600px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
618KB, 1131x1600px
>>94651902
>>
File: 3.jpg (577KB, 1126x1600px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
577KB, 1126x1600px
>>94651929
>>
File: 4.jpg (628KB, 1105x1600px) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
628KB, 1105x1600px
>>94651950
>>
>>94642849
>after the trainwreck that was SvtFoE s2 and the movie

what a fucking retard
>>
File: 5.jpg (651KB, 1121x1600px) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
651KB, 1121x1600px
>>94651968
>>
File: 6.jpg (566KB, 1120x1600px) Image search: [Google]
6.jpg
566KB, 1120x1600px
>>94651987
>>
File: 7.jpg (581KB, 1118x1600px) Image search: [Google]
7.jpg
581KB, 1118x1600px
>>94652012
>>
File: 8.jpg (574KB, 1127x1600px) Image search: [Google]
8.jpg
574KB, 1127x1600px
>>94652034
>>
File: 9.jpg (554KB, 1117x1600px) Image search: [Google]
9.jpg
554KB, 1117x1600px
>>94652062
>>
File: my planet needs me.jpg (25KB, 400x280px) Image search: [Google]
my planet needs me.jpg
25KB, 400x280px
>>94652062
>>
File: 10.jpg (595KB, 1146x1600px) Image search: [Google]
10.jpg
595KB, 1146x1600px
>>94652084
>>
So since Cape Suzette was mentioned does that mean we are getting Tailspin again?
>>
File: 11.jpg (621KB, 1126x1600px) Image search: [Google]
11.jpg
621KB, 1126x1600px
>>94652103
Whoops! I already posted that last one in English.
>>
>>94652116

Tailspin takes place in, like, the 1930s, though.
>>
File: 12.jpg (603KB, 1123x1600px) Image search: [Google]
12.jpg
603KB, 1123x1600px
>>94652128
>>
File: 13.jpg (615KB, 1130x1600px) Image search: [Google]
13.jpg
615KB, 1130x1600px
>>94652146
Last one guys. Why have we never had a young Donald and Della cartoon?
>>
File: nl_dd2017_17n_001 (3).jpg (158KB, 280x1051px) Image search: [Google]
nl_dd2017_17n_001 (3).jpg
158KB, 280x1051px
>>94652146
I found a translation for this one as well
>>
>>94651819
That's what I'm doing, though they're pricey (fuck you, Glénat). They're perfect for Xmas and anniversaries though, I ask for them instead of shit I don't care. That way I have things I care for, and my relatives don't have to search gifts ideas for the next 10 years. Win-win.
>>
File: IMG_1356.jpg (43KB, 476x594px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1356.jpg
43KB, 476x594px
>>94651619
I laughed out loud just reading that comment. He's the literal definition of "trying too hard"
>>
>>94648803
Prove its so good. Storytime it here for all of us.
>>
>>94652034

>That kiss

Oh no, right in the fetish zone
>>
File: DonalDella Wak.png (388KB, 560x396px) Image search: [Google]
DonalDella Wak.png
388KB, 560x396px
>>94652274
>>
>>94652169
>>94652274

>what are we gonna do on the bed, oniichan?
>>
>>94652288
>>94652336

pomfmind
>>
>>94652142
Launchpad's plane is even similar to the Sea Duck, it could easily be adapted to the same time.
>>
>>94651900
Huh. Learned a thing. Thanks, anon.
>>
File: Duckcest.png (312KB, 537x395px) Image search: [Google]
Duckcest.png
312KB, 537x395px
>>94652274
>Insert romantic phrase here
>>
>>94651511
>"This is because some children made fun of you isn't it?"
>>
File: A sailor and a pilot.png (375KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
A sailor and a pilot.png
375KB, 1024x1024px
>>
>>94651511
>Åh, Hej Beakley! Subina har berättat så mycket om dig över fiskbullar.
>translation: Oh, hi Beakley! Subina has told me so much about you over fish buns!
I love it, mangled swedish and all.
>>
File: 1.png (396KB, 481x338px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
396KB, 481x338px
>>94652513
>Those crafty bastards read 80 is prachtig
>>
File: talespin.gif (36KB, 380x419px) Image search: [Google]
talespin.gif
36KB, 380x419px
>>94652142
It did? Nothing about that show struck me as being particularly 30s.
>>
>>94652527
I was wondering if that was actually real Swedish. New Launchpad is fucking priceless.
>>
>>94652527
I thought he spoke gibberish first but I caught the "fiskbullar" bit and the "Oj DÃ¥" Otherwise I had the hardest time to understand it so thank you.
>>
>>94652562
It was dieselpunk.
>>
>>94652562
The aircraft design for the show were very 1930s.
>>
>>94651355
>I would be broke in two thousand years
Scrooge owns Nintendo or something?
>>
>>94652586
It's real swedish, but so utterly mangled that I(a swede) and other scandinavians needed to listen to it 10+ times.
>>
File: 92437070.jpg (20KB, 152x254px) Image search: [Google]
92437070.jpg
20KB, 152x254px
>Already an on-model image of Webby and the triplets handling a dick
>>
>>94652651
I gave up the fifth time of relistening to it, but its fun as Donald Duck especially is a huge part of Swedish pop culture, and even legacy to some extent
>>
File: Donald'sCat'sCradle.png (2MB, 1123x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Donald'sCat'sCradle.png
2MB, 1123x1600px
>>94652190
Done.
>>
>>94650333

Donald's egg was laid on May 12 and hatched on June 9.

I have no idea why I remember this.
>>
>>94652713
English people have some of the most hilarious pronunciation/accent of swedish even if they learn to talk the language.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xkErwPPJdw

This guy doing these videos actually does an amazing job of matching the swedish pronunciation and avoiding an accent, except...
Knatte is pronounced Natte. Swedish very rarely if ever uses silent K(in fact, I can't think of one word with a silent K at all).
>>
>>94651511
>You're here because you're the best of the cheapest.
>>
arent the assassin chick and donald gonna have a thing? i remember a scene in the preview where he was carrying her in his arms and she was all smitten or something.
>>
i really like tennant as scrooge. couldnt have cast it better.
im a bit iffy on the tripplets but i feel like theyll grow on me. webby was fine.
>>
>>94652527
So, does that mean that Launchpad McQuack is actually a Swede?
>>
>>94651902
I could try to translate these, but my English isn't the best
>>
Anybody have a mega/youtube link?
>>
>>94647598
Barks stories were put out by Disney too my dude. Barks didn't publish them.
>>
I'm interested in checking out these Duck comics I see praised on /co/. Are there any collected trades?
>>
File: 285671.jpg (209KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
285671.jpg
209KB, 1920x1080px
>>94652629
>The aircraft design for the show were very 1930s.
But seaplanes actually still look like this today to say nothing of the 90s
>>
>>94652562
it's set in colonial india, so...
>>
>>94653010
Well that's what /co/ is for. You post your best English translations and we'll tidy them up for you.
>>
>>94652915
>i remember a scene in the preview where he was carrying her in his arms and she was all smitten or something
The only picture I've seen of McStabberson in the previews is the scene from the second half of the pilot, where she holds her sword at Donald's neck.
>>
>>94651511
>If we want to keep our home afloat, ahaha...
>>
File: skåne.png (166KB, 1200x1453px) Image search: [Google]
skåne.png
166KB, 1200x1453px
>>94653004
Considering he's nigh unintelligible... he might be from Scania.
>>
>>94653013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gP0Neif7Y4E&feature=youtu.be

If it's locked for you, change "youtube" to "youpak"
>>
>>94653102
i feel like they wouldnt have introduced the henchmen by name if they werent returning characters.
>>
>>94652842
Now when you say it, I don't think I can recall any swedish word with a silent k either....
>>
>>94653140
they introduced them by name because their names are jokes
maybe they'll return, but that's not really solid reasoning
>>
>>94651128
Goofy may, they mentioned Spoonerville. Mickey is almost certainly not going to happen.

What I'm curious about is Daisy. If she exists here you have to wonder why Donald didn't just ask her to watch the boys.
>>
>>94653222
well they are in the intro cinematic.
>>
>>94653086
ok then, here's the first one!

>>94651902
Don: oops! This isn't as easy as it looks!
Della: Hold me, lil bro!
Archie: Ah ah! You're using common wooden skates!
Archie: They're good if you want to go one centimeter at a time. You should check out my new invention!
Archie: The bottles are filled with DuckCola! You simply open them and...
WHAM
Della: Yup, his rocket skates are far faster than ours! I wonder what they're called?
Don: "Public transport for aviators"!
>>
File: snapshot_36.44.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
snapshot_36.44.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>94653013
https://mega.nz/#F!93pREBJA!zTnTDn7uUAfNmhCSZJ3nYQ

>>94653140
They're chasing Scrooge & co in the OP. They'll be regulars. Which is good because more exposure = more chance of Gabby porn.
>>
>>94651065
i never go to SvtFoE threads. Because i hate it. That's the whole point.
>>
>>94653117
Jävla skåningar, men efter att ha bott i Blekinge i ca 1 år så har man börjat vänja sig...
>>
All I want is to see neighbor Jones finally animated.
>>
File: daisy.jpg (236KB, 492x700px) Image search: [Google]
daisy.jpg
236KB, 492x700px
>>94653234
>What I'm curious about is Daisy. If she exists here you have to wonder why Donald didn't just ask her to watch the boys.

Because she's already watching April, May and june maybe?

Possibly...?
>>
>>94644315
but they were back to back storywise too. This was obviously meant to be a premiere.
>>
>>94653247
What's the title? Donald's First Ice Skating?
>>
>>94653117
>>94653252
Den känslan när du är bleking och postade den första posten.
>>
>>94653317
Väl, det var många odds att gå emot för att detta hände...um...kek....
>>
>>94653304
The original dutch has "schaatsles", meaning skating lesson, which explains the adult in the final panel being there.
>>
>>94653351
Va fan skriver du, din grammatik är sämre än Sigge McKvacks.
>>
>>94651511
Love that one. Also:
>"...Secret museum? This is the garage."
The delivery was perfect.
>>
Is having never eaten a hamburger really that odd?
>>
>>94653304
Woops, forgot the title.
Yeah, it's something like "Donald Duck: The first ice skating"

>>94651929
The first sled race
Gladstone: Want to climb Bear Mountain, Della?
Don: We're going to have a sled race!
Della: No, I'd rather wait here and take a picture of you when you arrive!
Don: I'm going to win, Gladstone! You'll see!
Don: I'm the fastest! Look out, I might run you over!
Don: I'm already on the finish line! I won!
Don: Ehy! Why didn't you take a photo?
Della: Well, I only had one picture left on the film... And this photo will be better!
Don: Gladstone will bother me for the rest of my life! I can feel it...
>>
>>94653482
When you live in Freedomland it is
>>
>>94653247
My suggestions:
>Della: Hold me, little bro!
I see that it's a familiar term but "lil bro" makes her sound a bit too much like a gnarly surfer dude.

>Archie: Ah! You're using common wooden skates!
>Archie: They're fine if you only want to go one centimeter at a time, but check out my new invention!
>Della: Wow, his rocket skates are far faster than ours! I wonder what they're called?
Just tidied little things up and made them a bit clearer and more natural sounding.

>Don: "Public transport for aviators"!
This... is a bit more difficult. I can see it's a literal translation but in English that's not exactly a very good punchline.
>>
So, do you guys think that Quackfaster is the duck chick with a sword chasing after Webby and Dewey in a library?
The Calisota lore video seems to imply that Scrooge's library houses his most dangerous employees.
>>
>>94653511
I'll check if I can decipher the dutch original.
>>
>>94643597
>>94643597
you still have most of Africa, dumbass
>>
>>94651781
God, I fucking hope not. I had to look up a clip. His Donald voice is terrible. It's sounds more like someone having a severe asthma attack than a duck with a speech impediment.

>>94651800
>My ONLY complaint is that HDL would still be more fun as a "three in one" character.
Explain how? I really don't get when people say this. It's retarded, especially when you can now see how each of the three will bond with Scrooge through different parts of his personality.
>>
File: Flairsou.png (52KB, 283x375px) Image search: [Google]
Flairsou.png
52KB, 283x375px
Will we see this man?
>>
>>94653511
>>94653531
The dutch Gyro uses Doorlopers to refer to the skates, and the final panel has donald call them "Duckstaadte Doorvlieger"
>>
>>94651800
>voice acting is way more fun than the original
I mostly agree. Directing in terms of vocals for animation has come a long way since 1987.

Although I will say Glomgold's voice is pretty shite.
>>
>>94653273
Even Daisy has a sister?
>>
>>94651800
I strongly disagree, as >>94643757 said, that three-in-one characterization doesn't hold up to this day's standards.
>>
>>94653457
Sorry mannen är astrött, min grammatiska struktur har blivit helt blåst...
>>
File: Donald'sSkatingLesson.png (3MB, 1130x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Donald'sSkatingLesson.png
3MB, 1130x1600px
>>94653247
The punchline is awkward but I couldn't think of anything better.
>>
>>94653621
He was delivered by Barks and appeared in Life and Times. So yes.
But on the other hand. there is Glomgold. So it might be not possible.

>>94653676
Unnamed though.
>>
>Beakley confirmed trans
>>
File: Rockerduck.png (1MB, 1281x729px) Image search: [Google]
Rockerduck.png
1MB, 1281x729px
>>94653719
Ingen fara polarn, jag bara driver med dig.

>>94653621
>>94653756
Well, his english name is Rockerduck, and this was on the map they released.
>>
>>94653756

Rockerduck is way different from Glomgold though. For one thing, he's not down with murder.
>>
>>94653511
Thanks for the feedback!
Yeah the punchline isn't the best but I don't think there's a better way to translate it honestly. It's just bad.

>>94651950
The first Fairy Tale
HDL: Bwaah! We can't sleep! We want to hear a good night story!
Don: Grr! I hope Della will take her sons back as soon as possible! I can't stand their tantrums!
Don: Very well! Listen here! Once upon a time, there was a girl called Little Red Riding Hood...
Don: ...But that wasn't her Granny! That was actually the wolf...
Don: ...And then the b-beast swallowed her skin and her hair...
Don: ...The h-hunter took his k-knife...
Don: Luckily my nephews are finally asleep! B-but how will I sleep, after such a horrible story?
>>
>>94653781
>Incoming BeakleyxDella futashit.
Pls no.
>>
>>94653656
I feel like Glomgold's just not very interesting in his writing. I can't recall too well how he compares to the original, but he doesn't have anything particularly fun to him. He doesn't really have any interesting traits that you can play much humor off of. He almost feels like a non character that was just given too much screen time.
>>
>>94651511
>Yes sir, random kid I just met!
Really, anything out of Launchpad's mouth was gold in this. The writers really nailed him.
>>
>>94653846
For some reason the valley boy accent they gave him cracks me up.
>>
>>94653844
Glomgold wasn't an interesting villain in the 1987 Ducktales cartoon either. He was just that. An opponent.
>>
I dunno about Rockerduck. They're adding an OC rich duck who's a modern day tech industry business tycoon, so with him and Glomgold, I dont know that we need a third rich duck villain.
>>
>>94651511
>"You're new job is with my sworn enemy!?"
>"I can't keep track of all your sworn enemies!"
>>
>>94653877
>Family truly is the greatest treasuOH NO THE GROUND

I'm not sure if that line would've been even half as funny without that half-stoned accent they're using. I wasn't expecting it but it surprisingly worked.
>>
>>94653888
Rockerduck's as OC as Glomgold. Both were featured in stories by Barks.
>>
>>94653844
Apparently Glomgold's thing here is he's South African but because he tries to outdo Scrooge in everything he's trying to out-Scotsman him too. That's honestly more interesting to me than 87 Glomgold.
>>
>>94653888
I am pretty sure they confirmed Rockerduck a while ago
>>
>>94653609
I like the more chaotic element of the three of them being indistinguishable in character. Just a preference. One mischief making little shit in three bodies seems more a handful.
>>
>>94653930
I know that and also don't know why you're saying it, it's got nothing to do with my point.

My point was with Glomgold plus the new tech billionaire villain, the show already has two rich duck bad guys. Is Rockerduck really necessary?
>>
>>94653971
Maybe as a rival, but not an underhanded villain like the others?
And just as I finish that, I recall what a cunt he is in Life & Times.
Maybe Scrooge will bring up the bullwhip.
>>
>>94653971
You can have Rockerduck as a traditional American trillionaire rival ruling a giant conglomerate like McDuck, focusing on normal/high quality consumer goods, instead of a wannabe scott-knock off like Glomgold, or an IT giant like that Vanderbeaks.
>>
>>94653881

Mabe we'll luck out and they'll include his backstory and guilt over his actions.

>>94653888

He's not a villain in the way Glomgold is. He's repeatedly shown as not being much worse than Scrooge himself and gets along well with Donald and the Triplets.
>>
>>94653065
>But seaplanes actually still look like this today
mostly because seaplanes fell out of style as air fields improved during and after WWII and there haven't been economic incentives to develop more modern versions of them.
>>
>>94654070
>He's not a villain in the way Glomgold is. He's repeatedly shown as not being much worse than Scrooge himself and gets along well with Donald and the Triplets.

This. He's also had quite a few Enemy Mine teamups with Scrooge, and him and Scrooge have saved eachothers lives on occasion.
>>
I just realized that these comics don't really have a punchline, it's just cute moments between Donald and his family.

>>94651968
First Earnings
Scrooge: Hello, Donald and Della! Is your mother home?
Donald: No, but she should be here soon!
Della: Come on in, uncle, it's freezing out there!
Donald: I wonder if we can go to sleep with a hot water bottle later!
Della: I don't think so! Mom says that boiling water is expensive!
Scrooge: That's a matter of opinion! Go fill all the bottles you can find with hot water!
Scrooge: This will make us a fortune!
Donald: I don't get it.
Scrooge: And now let's bring Hell to the cinema!
Donald: To the cinema? Uncle Scrooge has gone crazy!
Scrooge: Warm up your hand and heads! For only two dollars each!
- Yes! I'll take one!
- Ah! What a delight!
-So warm!
- Having two is even better!
>>
Donald Duck launching his 20-inch-long barbed corkscrew penis at his opponents in a murderous rampage
>>
File: Donald'sSledRace.png (2MB, 1131x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Donald'sSledRace.png
2MB, 1131x1600px
>>94653491
>>
Donald better stay on as a permanent cast member, his little office shitfit and then walking back to mess up that picture that just happened to not be crooked made me laugh my ass off.
>>
>>94653491
The only changes I'd make to that one are:
>Don: I'm already at the finish line! I won!
"At" is more correct than "on" in this context.
And I'd maybe change
>And this photo will be better!
to
>And this will make a better photo!
And
>Gladstone will bother me for the rest of my life! I can feel it...
to
>Why do I get the feeling Gladstone is going to be bothering me for the rest of my life?
they're less literal, but sounds more natural.

>>94653826
This one is completely fine.
>Thanks for the feedback!
You're very welcome.
>>
>>94654296
He'll definitely be together with the rest of the cast in the majority of the episodes. But I can see sometimes some episodes where he's away, and being replaced by either Beakly or by Launchpad.
>>
>>94647851
>Webby didn't beg to take the triplets' seed as soon as she saw them to have some actual Duck family heritage inside of her

Missed opportunity.
>>
Can someone make a gif or webm of Webby, Dewey and Louie running in circles around Scrooge while tying him up with the gardenhose of destiny?
>>
File: snapshot_42.29.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
snapshot_42.29.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>94654296
I'm sure he will be staying. I liked the fakeout at the end where it looked like he was going to leave the nephews with Scrooge and go off on his own (just like in original DuckTales) and then his boat exploded.
>>
>>94649119
They changed some of the lyrics near the end though for seemingly no reason, and why they HAD to change it to a female singer is fucking beyond me. Why not just use the original theme?
>>
File: DHEVH4sXoAAxY3X.jpg (53KB, 983x559px) Image search: [Google]
DHEVH4sXoAAxY3X.jpg
53KB, 983x559px
>>
>>94654460
>why they HAD to change it to a female singer is fucking beyond me
She auditioned and they liked her performance best. Don't be a prat.
>Why not just use the original theme?
I don't have an answer for this, though.
>>
>>94654460
New show gets new variant of song. Just like new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles shows doesn't always use the same intro song from the old 1987 cartoon show.
>>
>>94654460
>They changed some of the lyrics near the end though
They cut one
>DuckTales! Woo-oo!
That's literally it.
>Why not just use the original theme?
Because it sounds '80s as fuck. I love it, but it doesn't fit for a modern cartoon.
>>
>>94651987
Instructor: Now, watch carefully, everyone! Girls, follow Ms. Bianca. Boys, follow me!
Donald: This isn't fair!
-: The girls don't have to work as much!
-: While we are struggling to follow his moves!
Instructor: Yeah, but Ms. Bianca didn't have a mouse biting her leg!
>>
Can someone link the blog of the yuro Donald Duck artist that makes a lot of pinup duck girls?
>>
>>94646208
I straight up thought they were frogs having never seen the show till after it ended.
>>
So what's the story behind these dog-nosed humanoid mutants? Are they supposed to be the same species as Goofy? Because he used to look like this in older shorts, but he didn't originally, and he doesn't now.
>>
>>94654709
What? The Smashnikovs? Might be Bruthopians.
>>
File: Donald'sSledRace2.png (2MB, 1131x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Donald'sSledRace2.png
2MB, 1131x1600px
>>94654332
Yeah, that flows a bit better.
>>
>>94654558
>They cut one
Listen to both songs again. Lyrics were changed, not just cut.
>>
>>94654740
I mean the general race of most characters in Duck stories who aren't ducks
>>
File: Donald'sFairyTale.png (2MB, 1126x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Donald'sFairyTale.png
2MB, 1126x1600px
>>94653826
>>
>>94654796
Same species as Goofy. I think they're called Dogfaces.
>>
>>94654796
There's also pig people.
You should expect all types of animal people to appear in the show.
>>
>>94654826
I wonder why they decided Duck settings were to be populated by Goofy people? It's weird there's no mice people if they're making races out of all of Mickey's friends.

The George Geef Goofy is the best Goofy.
>>
>>94654582
His name is Claudio Sciarrone but I'm not sure he has a blog. You want to search for his "Ugly Duckling" series to get the pin-ups, which would probably only get deleted if I posted them here.

>>94654787
>Lyrics were changed
Care to point out which ones and what they were changed from and to? Because besides that one line it all sounds exactly the same to me.
>>
>>94652012
Instructor: Les't see how you drive, young man!
Donald: the pedal on the left is the friction!
Instructor: That's right! But...
Donald: The one in the middle is the brake!
Instructor: Correct! Push it! Right now!
Donald: And finally the gas pedal!
Instructor: Look out!
Donald: I can use them all!
Instructor: I believe you! Gasp!
Donald: Can you tell I'm good at it yet?
Instructor: You sure are, but the question is... good at what?
>>
>>94654861
These pinups are honestly kind of unnerving. They're way more human than duck, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but even the bills on some of them are drawn so stubby that they don't really read as beaks and he might as well just be drawing normal human girls. It's a bad uncanny effect.

>captcha: libros rosa
>>
>>94654880
And once again I forgot the title.
It's "The first drive"
>>
What I am really most impressed by the pilot episode is that you could technically really know nothing about the entire cast, not even about Donald Duck (super unlikely, as only an alien who crashlanded on Earth wouldn't know about the Duck), and after watching it, you'd know all the relevant parts about them.
>>
>>94651386
You mean this one?
https://inducks.org/story.php?c=I+TL+1800-AP
Fortunately I still have them (in German though).
>>
File: mpv-shot0003.jpg (394KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0003.jpg
394KB, 1920x1080px
Talking about the lyrics,
is there a reason the subtitles are off?

I mean, they probably had someone transcribe them by ear
But why wouldn't they just copypaste the script or something
>>
>>94652034
She'd rather be called Dumbella? Really?
>>
>>94654960
>(super unlikely, as only an alien who crashlanded on Earth wouldn't know about the Duck)
Actually, even I knew about Donald Duck.
>>
>>94655069
Mozart?!
>>
>>94655044
It's a double entendre
>>
>>94655092
I'm not that gifted. I'm just here for DNA.

It was really nice to see his black sailor suit in a cartoon after all this time.
>>
>>94654570
Title is "The first Dance Lesson"

>>94652034
The First Song
Della: I wish I could've chose my own name! Why did our parents name me Della?
Gyro: I think Della is a very pretty name!
Don: What a coincidence! I just wrote a song about our names!
Don: Della, beautiful Dumbella...
Don: Gyro Dumbyro...
Don: Donald Dumbonald...
Della: Thank you, brother! Smack! That was a wonderful idea! Now I wish everyone called me Dumbella!
Gyro: It really is a good name! Not even "Gyro Dumbyro" can compare!
Don: Not to mention "Donald Dumbonald"...

Now, this one is just... dumb.
>>
File: 1496263585474.jpg (25KB, 641x530px) Image search: [Google]
1496263585474.jpg
25KB, 641x530px
>>94643341
> So much truth in one post
>>
>>94648681
This.
>>
>>94649313
I don't get it?
>>
>>94655044
>come into the Ducktales
Oh dear.

Are these subtitles what's throwing you off >>94654787? Because reading wrong subtitles can cause you to hear what's written even if it isn't what's being sung.

>I'm blue, in Aberdeen I will die
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68ugkg9RePc
>>
>>94655380
I always heard this as "I will bleed, I will die"
>>
File: 1499986051410.gif (974KB, 200x165px) Image search: [Google]
1499986051410.gif
974KB, 200x165px
>>94644695
> I've found a prayer worth praying for tonight
>>
>>94652062
The First Horse
Don: Ah ah! You couldn't even ride Big Brown for two minutes!
Gus: Eeh eeh! That's no problem, the doctor says I have to lose weight!
Don: I can do better!
Gus: Hats off to you, Donald! Not even one mistake!
Don: Actually, there was one...
Don: Next time, I'll empty my pockets first!
>>
>>94655039
Yeah, that's the one. Old duck comics are so hard to find.
>>
>>94654927
>>94654861
I asked because I'm gonna make some porn of the glomgold girls
>>
>>94655281
The actress who voiced all those characters died and while the cause of death was never released it's very evident that she killed herself
>>
>>94655501
Thank God
>>
File: gabby.jpg (145KB, 575x575px) Image search: [Google]
gabby.jpg
145KB, 575x575px
>>94655501
I don't suppose there's any chance of some Gabby as well Anon?
>>
>>94652084
The first match of Basque Pelota
Don: Do you want to play badminton with me, Della?
Della: No, I don't like badminton.
Don: But what can I do alone with my raket, then?
Della: That's easy! You can play Basque Pelota.
Della: The ball is tied to a wire! When you hit it, it comes ritght back at you!
Donald: Umph!
Della: Alright! Since you insist, where's my raket?
Don: Right here!
>>
>>94655531
>>94655501
You featheries make me sick.

Let's all be sick together.
>>
File: Untitled-1.png (16KB, 1587x104px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.png
16KB, 1587x104px
>>94655509
>go to the Wikipedia talk page to see if there's any more info
>find this
Well fuck, now I'm sad.
>>
File: Donald'sEarnings.png (2MB, 1105x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Donald'sEarnings.png
2MB, 1105x1600px
>>94654215
>>
>>94654460
>They changed some of the lyrics near the end though for seemingly no reason
No they didn't, the subtitles are just off
>>
https://youtu.be/-QBGpOvV7kM

So Roxanne really is confirmed in the credits
>>
>>94654880
>the pedal on the left is the friction
"the friction" would be "the clutch" in English. Friction is the correct literal translation, but we don't call the gearbox mechanism that.
>>
>>94655968

Nice try.
>>
>>94655968
>doesn't have the beauty mark

for what purpose
>>
File: Donald'sDanceLesson.png (2MB, 1121x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Donald'sDanceLesson.png
2MB, 1121x1600px
>>94654570
>>
File: 1501273893502.png (56KB, 401x372px) Image search: [Google]
1501273893502.png
56KB, 401x372px
>>94655509
>it's very evident that she killed herself

Dare I say what evidence?
>>
>>94656057
It's right there at 0:06
>>
>>94652128
First Date
Della: You should try the armor on, brother! This way you'll get used to its weight.
Don: Some costumes are a real nuisance!
Della: Let's get started!
Don: "Look over there, fair maid! Is it not a fire-breathing dragon?"
Della: "I shiver! Save me, noble knight!"
Don: "Fear not! I have fire-breathing dragons like that for breakfast!"
Della: Uh? Why did you set an alarm clock?
Don: It's for today's date! I had everything perfecly organized!
Don: Half an hour to take the armor off! Half an hour to take a bath and then go to the date! At two o'clock sharp I'll be with my sweet Daisy!
Della: You forgot daylight saving time, Mr. smarty pants! It's already two o'clock!
Daisy: If you believe I will walk around with you dressed like that, you are sorely mistaken, Mr. Donald Duck! What am I, a dragon?
Daisy: I'd rather have a date with Gladstone!
Don: If only this sword wasn't fake...
>>
>>94652169
First Vacation
Della: Vacations! Finally, we're about to leave!
Don: where are we going, Della?
Della: It's a surprise! Mom and Dad mentioned an esotic location!
Don: I can already see it!
Don: White sand and palm trees! And a crystal-clear sea!
Della: Yeah! Filled with colorful fish!
Don: And then we'll spend two weeks just relaxing in the sunlight!
Della: What a dream...
But...
Don: What a nightmare!
Della: Well, it IS white. And it was a surprise as well...
>>
>>94655968
>Roxanne Featherly

?
>>
Has anyone done any fanart of adult Webby?
>>
>>94656089
Battles with depression and all that
>>
>>94651355
Electrolytes, it's what plants crave
>>
File: IMG_2939.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2939.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>94651781
>>94647798
I've met Tony Anselmo at Supercon, and asked him about Daniel Ross and if he was mentoring him or if Disney chose him for an audition. He said he didn't have an idea what I was talking about and asked where he heard from this. When I told him I heard it from the internet from that one Roadster Racers show, he said "that guy shouldn't be doing that"

I want to say he was protective of his job (like Kermit's actor was), but these kind of make me curious
>>
>>94656225
Pretty sure it was the reporter at the end
>>
>>94656225

We have a dog named Duckworth.
>>
>>94656320
Good point
>>
>>94653959
Maybe there will be a flashback that reveals the triplets did as act one when they were young. Somehow, it makes sense to me that this is something they'd grow out of.
>>
>>94656043
I see. Thanks!
>>
>>94656267
This is on the same level of pathetic as area 51 theorist. Not in the "their delusional" way but in the "why the fuck do you care" way
>>
>>94656366
I'm a twin and let me tell you that doing everything together and dressing the same gets old fast. By 1st grade we refused to have similar clothing and by 3rd grade begged our parents and school to let us have different classes.
>>
File: IMG_2941.jpg (17KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2941.jpg
17KB, 259x194px
>>94656382
I don't have much else to look for in life
>>
File: Donald'sDrive.png (2MB, 1120x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Donald'sDrive.png
2MB, 1120x1600px
>>94654880
>>
>>94656457
Did you ever switch places just once?
>>
>>94651472
How did you forget Cape Suzette?
>>
>>94656089
long term depression and the fact that she made and signed a will less than a month of her passing, add that to how next to nothing was shared and no investigation happen it makes it pretty black and white.
>>
File: 1497126135866.jpg (120KB, 392x495px) Image search: [Google]
1497126135866.jpg
120KB, 392x495px
>>94656769
All around me are familiar faces...
>>
>>94652142
I was always confused because of Sher Kahn- he was a perfect 80s business villain. Maybe that should tell us tigers can't change their stripes
>>
File: 1492918510782.jpg (44KB, 427x320px) Image search: [Google]
1492918510782.jpg
44KB, 427x320px
>yfw "Mom?!"
>>
>>94656366
Hm. Yeah. If they're supposed to be older, it makes sense. It's truly my only gripe about the reboot and it's a small one. It won't keep me from watching or enjoying this at all.
>>
File: Donald'sSong.png (2MB, 1118x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Donald'sSong.png
2MB, 1118x1600px
>>94655173
I'm pretty sure that this one is poking fun at the confusion over the character's name. Della and Dumbella both seem to be official names for her.
>>
File: Screenshot 2017-08-14 14.06.31.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2017-08-14 14.06.31.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
Why are they so perfect?
>>
>>94649088
>single image
Second box has two images, third box has three.
>>
File: Donald'sHorse.png (2MB, 1127x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Donald'sHorse.png
2MB, 1127x1600px
>>94655491
>>
File: glomgirls.png (592KB, 825x490px) Image search: [Google]
glomgirls.png
592KB, 825x490px
>>94657084
Not much point if it's fuzzy.
>>
File: 12343223.jpg (27KB, 341x393px) Image search: [Google]
12343223.jpg
27KB, 341x393px
>that intro
>>
>>94657085
I don't think you quite understand something. What that something is I'm not sure. Perhaps you don't understand the context of these things or perhaps you don't understand how to count.
>>
>>94654850
It's tradition. Barks drew mainly birds, dogs, and pigs, so spinoff Duck material sticks to them mostly. Although Barks did draw the occasional human, too.
>>
File: consider_the_following.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
consider_the_following.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
I know the staff said they view Glomgold as being a fake Scot, but is Glomgold's VA intentionally trying to do a Scottish accent with the odd hint of South African twang to it, or is it just a happy accident?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v439zTOJVho
>>
>>94657381
o-oh my
>>
File: Donald'sMatchOfBasquePelota.png (2MB, 1117x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Donald'sMatchOfBasquePelota.png
2MB, 1117x1600px
>>94655715
>>
>>94657493
These are so cute, thank you dude.
>>
>>94657415
It's got to be intentional, I knew hearing a few of those lines there was some South African in there
>>
>>94657493
>ZWIEP!
>ZWOING!
>>
>>94651781
Eh? He's gay?
>>
>>94657625
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUgl4u9F9SQ
>>
File: 1502676232688.png (888KB, 1269x717px) Image search: [Google]
1502676232688.png
888KB, 1269x717px
furbait incuming?
>>
>>94657493
Cute, but that's not pelota.
>>
File: scrooge_stunned.jpg (76KB, 438x321px) Image search: [Google]
scrooge_stunned.jpg
76KB, 438x321px
>>94656857
>>
File: Donald'sDate.png (2MB, 1126x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Donald'sDate.png
2MB, 1126x1600px
>>94656134

>>94657531
You're welcome.
>>
File: Yff3QzMuRTikzA_cRn3j9A.png (702KB, 894x494px) Image search: [Google]
Yff3QzMuRTikzA_cRn3j9A.png
702KB, 894x494px
Did anyone else lose it at this scene?

I always love Donald Duck's freakouts. I could watch a whole series about him working in a boring office all day.
>>
https://twitter.com/nickandmore/status/897227536798814209

>#DuckTales premiere hour (Late Fri/early Sat 12AM) scored 283,000 total viewres. Not sure if we'll find out how the other 23 hours did...

This is better than usual for XD even for a premiere. That said, if we could see the numbers on the XD app, they'd probably be monstrously higher
>>
>>94643131
>>94643186
>>94651065
>>94651984
Look at all this butthurt starfags, marvelous, they just can't accept the fact that their series went to shit because muh ship.
>>
>>94658185
In my experience the shows don't go to shit for that, it's the fandoms that get obsessive over the shipping and then get mad when it goes somewhere they don't want.
>>
>>94656223
>they hatin' on snow
Fucking morons, Snowy Mountains >>>>> Beach
>>
>>94658185
This really isn't the thread for this but the second season went way above the first, I don't think anybody anywhere would think otherwise
>>
>>94658230
Nah, the problem there was that they had a nice relationship developed but then they remembered "oh shit our fans like starco not jarco" so they made star confess, literally ignored jackie (She wasn't even mentioned) and then didn't mention the confession either, so that we can have a nice status quo with no changes whatsoever and fans can keep throwing shit at each other for 5 seasons until something gets sorted out.
>>
File: 1340229327645.jpg (21KB, 447x355px) Image search: [Google]
1340229327645.jpg
21KB, 447x355px
>>94658344
>He seriously thought Jarco was going to be a relationship at all
You're only proving his point
>>
>>94658185
>>94658230
>>94658319
>>94658344
>>94658344

Guys, don't fall into the bait, this isn't supposed to be a SvtFoE thread. Go discuss there if you want to throw shit at each other.
>>
>>94658344
I don't think how the fans felt had any influence on what they did.

Especially since it was kind of obvious considering what a big and old fucking trope that is. Of the main character team the main boy and main girl don't hook up until one or both of them get into a "serious" multiepisode relationship, and then the one not in that relationship gets upset by the fact.

It's cliche as all fuck and you can smell it a mile off.
>>
File: 1340144141037.jpg (68KB, 630x370px) Image search: [Google]
1340144141037.jpg
68KB, 630x370px
>Ducktales will eventually fall into shipping just like PnF, GF and Star vs.

Good. Goooood.

>But she's the fourth triplet
Oh they're just saying that now.
>>
File: cutes.png (560KB, 825x639px) Image search: [Google]
cutes.png
560KB, 825x639px
>>94658405
This, let's talk about Ducks
>>
>>94658470
What about ponytails and cottontails?
>>
File: Donald'sVacation.png (3MB, 1130x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Donald'sVacation.png
3MB, 1130x1600px
>>94656223
That picture, even back then Donald knew he wanted to be a sailor.

seriously, these two are so fucking cute I'm stunned there isn't an actual series with them.
>>
>>94658469
Only the fandom will care about shipping, the show is about family relationships, not romantic relationships
>>
>>94658517
Oh yeah, sure it is. It's not like GF stopped being about family relationships. Still had shipping though.
>>
File: dwb0csd_by_mcgasher-da5jlml.jpg (286KB, 887x901px) Image search: [Google]
dwb0csd_by_mcgasher-da5jlml.jpg
286KB, 887x901px
Guys. Can we talk about Ducktales please. This has been a good thread, don't ruin it now.
>>
>>94658543
GF had Wendy, who was specifically made as an impossible love interest for Dipper
>>
>>94658561
Young Donald always freaks me out. Did his eyes expand as he matured?
>>
>>94658543
Well they actually started it in the show. They had Mabel thirsty for every boy from episode 1 and Dipper pining for wendy. Once they have the inevitable webby/one of the nephews episode it will open the door.

They'll either go the route of all three of them trying to win her over for some contrived plot reason, or they'll have just one of them suddenly obsess over her. Either Huey because they're both dorks, or Louie, who will do the whole "secret crush" thing for several episodes.

There will also be an inevitable episode for Donald to get a date. Either it will be Daisy or they'll save her for later.
>>
>>94658561
I loved the premier so much. Donald and his tantrums are great - best laugh of the episode by far. Scrooge is actually charming in this version. Launchpad remains my favorite, but I think they managed to make him better too.

I only ever watched the cartoon. Where's a fella to start reading the comics? Any sugggestions?
>>
>>94658701
I think we can all agree that Donald and Launchpad were the best parts of the pilots, with Webby and Scrooge coming in a close second. It's a little weird the weakest part, the triplets, are supposed to be the protagonists.
>>
>>94658701
Read the bigger Barks stories.

>The Old Castle's Secret
>Only A Poor Old Man
>Tralla-La
>Back to the Klondike
>The Midas Touch
>Lost in the Andes
>The Golden Helmet
>North of the Yukon

There's lots more but Barks wrote way too much for me to tell you to read his entire bibliography. The ones listed all have "sequels" by Don Rosa (who wrote much fewer stories than Barks, so you can and should read all of them).
>>
File: IMG_5740.jpg (57KB, 263x214px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5740.jpg
57KB, 263x214px
>>94658771
Launchpad was my favorite in the original, so it was a pleasant surprise that he didn't take a backseat to the addition of Donald and Webby being a more hands-on character.

>>94658812
Thanks, friend. I'll check out a few of these to start.
>>
File: Famiglia-Paperino.jpg (98KB, 409x474px) Image search: [Google]
Famiglia-Paperino.jpg
98KB, 409x474px
Goddammit Disney make a Duck Twins series.
>>
>>94658497
I thought the theme song made that abundantly clear!
>>
>>94658771
I thought the triplets were fine, the others were just really good.

They did a good job actually doing the characters they setup for the triplets without beating us over the head with cliches, and made their characterization important to other characters.

Dewey was the most important in the episode and was fairly dynamic in developing his relationship with both Scrooge and Donald. He even had an arc for his opinion of Scrooge, that was great.

Louie had a whole side thing with Webby, which was interesting. He's a good foil for her and kept her from being an obnoxious spazz.

Huey was the weakest but I think that's because they're going to focus on him much more later as the mystery solving boy scout, or, you know, the Dipper clone. He had some good points up until they beat the dragon, then he fell into the background after they hit us with the show theme.

Overall, very well done for all the characters.
>>
>>94651511
>What're you gaping at? The curse is only activated if you ring the gong three times and... and... you already hit it twice didn't you?
>>
>>94653462
That reminds me, my favorite was "don't you mean gah-rage?"
>>
>>94658470
I don't want to be the one that starts shipping characters like people in threads for every other show do, but when you guys start I'm shipping these two.
>>
>>94659397
Don't need to hold back, people are already shipping it.
>>
>>94659397
So, what, is he going to slap a green sticky note on her rump?
>>
File: Della_Duck.jpg (11KB, 350x225px) Image search: [Google]
Della_Duck.jpg
11KB, 350x225px
>Crazy old man, all you care about is your next adventure! This is the spear of Selene all over again!
>I was not responsible for the spear of Selene!

Does it have to do with Della's disappearance?
>>
>>94658626
Didn't the staff specifically say they're not doing romantic interaction with the kids though? Given that it's major brand characters I wouldn't be surprised if they're not actually allowed.

I really hope they don't. I'm sick of relationship drama in my children's cartoons. Let kids be kids without turning them into emotionally burdened teens before their time - both the kid characters and the kids watching.
>>
>>94659397
I already started shipping them man
>>
>>94659495
Welp. Somebody has to draw this now.
>>
>>94659397
For now is the only possible ship so... yeah, everyone's on it
>>
>next episode will be on a month or so
I hate disney so much
>>
still waiting for a full instrumental of the new theme so someone can make a remastered niggerz bop
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsNJjGGR4P8
>>
Migrate (heh) if you haven't already
>>94659275
>>
>>94659510
That filthy whore isn't wearing any pants.
Thread posts: 517
Thread images: 110

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.