[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your honest opinion of Rob Liefeld?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 20.jpg (76KB, 437x261px) Image search: [Google]
20.jpg
76KB, 437x261px
What's your honest opinion of Rob Liefeld?
>>
He is certifiably insane
>>
Seems like a really nice guy. Clearly more interested in business than creation, though.

His art isn't quite as bad as people say. He just has no eye at all for perspective and seems to refuse to use an eraser.

His creative ability is that of a junior high school student. Pretty much everything he ever made was shit until someone else worked on it.

Still he was very important for the industry. His style of art, character design and storytelling (as well as those of his Image cohorts) brought in more readers than anyone since the late 60's. Of course Marvel squandered this and drove the market back down into a slump.
>>
He paid Alan Moore and Brandon Graham and their friends good money to make good comics. He's okay in my book.
>>
Teenagers apparently really liked his art, something practically no other artist in their stable could manage.
>>
It was inevitable that some white boy would try to make the most RADICAL EXTREME shit right at the time that he did, with all of the 80's pop culture of action movies and heavy metal bands and stuff.

But like the 80's, some shit just goes out of style, and so did Liefeld's style of comic book.
>>
I like Cable and Shatterstar, so I like him.
>>
>>94641489
I think Rob Liefeld would be a great artist if he was given a chance to properly develop.

When Rob was in his formative years as an artist, early twenties, when a normal artist would be learning anatomy, perspective, drawing feet, composition and consistency, probably making a living by working as a fill-in artist or an inker - Rob instead, to his own surprise, completely randomly became a comics superstar. As such, with a busy schedule of a star and no work ethic (since he haven't learned it yet), he never really had a chance to develop said things, so he ended up being this eternal lazy amateur with a style that's kinda cool on the surface, but has little substance.

To be fair, he seems to have lately taken some time to try and work on his basics, art in Bad Blood looks okay and isn't terribly offensive.

I definitely think he's overly and unfairly hated, when stuff like Marvel's executives was much more responsible for the worst excesses of the 90's. Definitely people who say Liefeld is single-handedly responsible for comics crash are fucking insane.
>>
everyone who hates him is literately a reddit faggot or Waid
>>
>>94642966
Yeha Bad Blood doesn't look too bad. Rob seems a nice guy (even though people say he didn't pay his taxes and his employees but I don't know).
>>
>>94641489
His art isn't the best but it defined most 90s comics and he seems to be a cool guy about it instead of lashing out while making an ass out of himself like some artists online do.
>>
>>94641489
He's not a GOOD artist, but compared to someone like Frank Miller, he's not the worst out there.
>>
>>94641489
Are you certain you don't want our dishonest opinion
>>
>>94643429
>literately
>reddit
you must be 18+ to post on 4chan
>>
>>94644902
You can speak only the truth here.
>>
>>94641489
His work defined a big part of my childhood. I'm partial to full-head masks, pauldrons and YUGE guns.
>>
>>94642966
>eternal lazy amateur with a style that's kinda cool on the surface, but has little substance

ZACK SNYDER
>>
>>94641489
He's terrible, and saying anything else makes a person out to be utterly without taste or sense.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.