[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

1950s Captain America

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: Captain_America_Comics_Vol_1_78.jpg (78KB, 400x585px) Image search: [Google]
Captain_America_Comics_Vol_1_78.jpg
78KB, 400x585px
There is literally nothing wrong with this.
>>
Agreed. The way they made him and Bucky aggresive and crazy racists later was pretty dumb. Kind of nullifies the threat communists were. But I guess the whole McCarthy thing toxified legitimate criticisms and concerns about one of the most deadly ideologies in existene.
>>
Apparently Romita was pretty steamed about the retcon.
>>
>>94640319
Kind of reminds me of Hydra Cap in a way. I wish they had figured out a way to make it still Steve and Bucky (time travel) or at least not assissinate the characters of 50s Cap and Bucky by implying they were always crazy in the head.
>>
>>94640417
Who pushed the retcon? Engelhart or Thomas?
>>
>>94641055
Was just reading about it in Marvel Comics: the Untold Story, it was 100% Englehart.
>>
>>94640264
Quit spamming shitty threads.
>>94640469
>>94640319
They didn't assassinate their characters in the slightest though. The paranoia and racism shit is all attributed to them taking the solider serum with out using Vita Rays. And they never in any way impiled that the two of them weren't heroes who helped protect America in Steve's absences or that the threats they fought were any less real.
>>
>>94641055
Everything after 1945 had to be retconned after the frozen in ice retcon that Stan and Jack did in Avengers.

Even pic related was retconned so it wasn't some conspiracy.
>>
Are there any non-50s issues of Steve smashing commies?
>>
>>94643938
I don't know, but Bucky was brainwashed by commies, so that's gotta count for something right?
>>
>>94640469
>I wish they had figured out a way to make it still Steve and Bucky (time travel)
That could work. It's not like there were that many things they did seeing as their appearances were single digits. Could say they were brought into the future and stayed there a month or two, meanwhile not knowing they "died" because there were other Caps amd Buckys that took their place to cover it up.
>>
>>94643938
Leviathan?
>>
>>94640264
Hey, it's the original Electro.
>>
Aside from it's shit art and shit writing especially when you compair it either Kirby Run
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.