[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are either of these watchable?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: Untitled.png (566KB, 1080x356px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
566KB, 1080x356px
Are either of these watchable?
>>
>>94637400
Only X-Men holds up now.
>>
>>94637400
I've been watching X-Men on Hulu for the last week. Haven't seen it since it first aired on TV. It's almost unwatchable, really terrible.
>>
X-Men is kind of ok. Spidey is literally unwatchable. I don't know how I enjoyed it as a kid.
>>
I get that these shows were animated overseas (like everything else) and were made on the cheap but why are they so off?

They seem like they're made by aliens who are basing them on a description of how human beings act.
>>
>>94637400
Yes. However, keep in mind wolverine may as well be comic relief in this show
>>
>>94637400
Spiderman is insane

I think they animated the show on crack and ran episodes at 125% speed.
>>
Eh.
I liked em.
Some of the performances were good.
Some not so good.
>>
File: Hobgoblin_Fangs.jpg (87KB, 940x723px) Image search: [Google]
Hobgoblin_Fangs.jpg
87KB, 940x723px
>>94637400
I like em. Mark Hamill as HobGoblin was the best.
>>
>>94637400
Watch the crossover
>>
>>94637400
The 90's Spider-Man TV was pretty good. It's obvious where they had to play it safe because of the kid audience, and there was no animation budget at all, so it's not too great. Like, there's this one time that they reused a clip of Peter rescuing Harry for a completely different character, but you can still see it's Harry.

Still, it's one of the few times they show Pete being a genius college student, sporting the physique they said he had in the comics and actually using [Science] to fight his rogue's gallery. It's interesting, engaging, and just cheesy enough https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMk-HPBF6Mw There was also plenty of crossovers, so you got a sense this was Marvel's New York, not just a self contained series. All in all, it was pretty noice, and they got Joe Perry to do the theme. If Spectacular Spider-Man is the best version of High School Peter, the 90's series is the best version of Adult Pete.
>>
File: image.jpg (228KB, 1024x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
228KB, 1024x640px
>>
>>94637400
Yeah, great cartoons
>>
>>94637400
They're really aged but still watchable
>>
That's a pretty good summarization of Spider-Man: TAS. I also made an emphasis on how great it was despite its obvious limitations in animation and stated the main reasons why it worked (John Semper Jr's understanding of the story and character psychology - I even included his "A Profile of Peter Parker" link http://drg4.dancemania-ex.com/peterparker.html, sort of like a character study guide, a blend of different eras of Spidey comics, interesting visual style that borrows elements from McFarlane and other artists, unusual turning points within each season, beautiful score by Udi Harpaz and so much more) in my latest video (I added the timeline where my discussion of TAS starts, I first discovered the show when I was 5 years old): https://youtu.be/2ILCTco-9vo?t=10m41s + https://youtu.be/2ILCTco-9vo?t=13m44s
>>
They aged but are still great if you can't get past it. I just quit and started watching Xmen evolution.
>>
They aren't without merit, but they haven't aged gracefully, either. Apocalypse is still great.
>>
>>94641470
Apocalypse was one of the dumbest villains they had.

"Alright, after 5000 years of life, I have 4 random guys that I brainwashed last night with kind of shitty unspecified powers. I didn't really choose all of them, they more or less came to me so I took what I could get, but whatever. They have robot dog horse things, so they're good! Time to take over the world!"

>10 minutes later

"YOU LOST?! TO A WELL-TRAINED TEAM OF ASS KICKERS WITH YEARS OF COOPERATIVE TEAMWORK? IMPOSSIBLE! MY PLANS! YOU ARE FAILURES!"
>>
>>94637400
recently rewatched X-men. Still love it. Great characterizations
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.