[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Superhero Net Worth

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 210
Thread images: 18

File: Tony_Stark_wallpaper.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Tony_Stark_wallpaper.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Emma Frost: $1-3 Mil

Prof. X: $3.5 Bil

Batman: $9.2 Bil

Tony Stark: $12.4 Bil

B.Panther: $90.7 Tril

source:
http://time.com/money/3950362/richest-superheroes-comic-con/
>>
>>94636926
Didn't include Lex Luthor. Shit list.
>>
>According to the comics, the material costs $10,000 per gram, and Wakanda's Vibranium vaults have 10,000 tons of the stuff (Doomwar #1). A little math and that amount of Vibranium would cost more than the GDP of the entire world.
>>
Pretty sure Emma Frost is a billionaire
>>
>>94636988
>superhero

but since you asked

Lex: 4.7 Bil
>>
Black panther shit is dumb as fuck. Literally equivalent to a kid going
>I HAVE THE ABILITY TO HAVE ALL SUPER POWERS
Atleast the other Heroes net worths are believable for what their line of work entails.
>hur hurrrr but wakanda has like sooper sekrit deposits of vibranium
I don't give a fuck what they have
>>
>>94637042
Shouldn't that be Wakanda's net worth and not Panthers then?
>>
>>94636926

Emma has way more than 3 million. She funded the X-men privately for a time. 3 Million isn't enough to do that. Hell 3 million isn't really even rich anymore. It's just comfortable.
>>
I want to object about Black Panther, but I guess insofar as Wakanda's an absolute monarchy, its GDP does in fact count as his personal fortune, and based on the calculations in >>94637042 it would probably be pretty massive. So, sure, I'll allow it.
>>
File: 20160903_231601.png (208KB, 449x656px) Image search: [Google]
20160903_231601.png
208KB, 449x656px
>>94637042
>>94637153
how can wakanda's GDP be greater than the entire world's GDP if wakanda is included in that figure?
>>
as a extra

Stan Lee: $100 Mil (IRL)

Bob Kane: $10 Mil

Jack Kirby: $10 Mil
>>
>>94637108
>implying he's not
>>
>>94637198
Considering how isolationist Wakanda is it's probably not included in the global GDP.
>>
>>94637131
I just looked at a list of his powers and how he got each one. Jesus, I thought Superman was a Mary Sue.
>>
File: X-men-regenesis-emma-frost.jpg (233KB, 1055x1600px) Image search: [Google]
X-men-regenesis-emma-frost.jpg
233KB, 1055x1600px
>>94637083
>>94637148

Emma sold everything she had back in Utopia, to pay the bills
in Bendis run she only had some bags full of money in the closet, as in, still a millionaire, but not a big one.
>>
>>94637739
>>
>>94637777
>>
>>94637198
GDP is gross domestic product. keyword Product. It only counts what is sold to a domestic or international consumer (and government spending). If it doesn't get sold, then it's not considered business. Planting a flower garden is hard manual labor, but it's not work if you're not getting paid.

Compare it to the deBeers diamond monopoly. They have DI diamonds in their possession, that are off the market/not for sale.
>>
>>94637136
he is wakanda
>>
>>94637042
WE
>>
>>94637455
He's not.
>>
>>94637739
>>94637777
>>94637804
What's with the caveman panels?
>>
>>94638694
Look Superman, I realized in your universe he's evil. This is not your universe, he has changed
>>
>>94637198
unsold resources don't count. Otherwise Canada would have HUGE money cause we have more oil than the rest of the world combined. It's just all stuck in the tar sands
>>
>>94637777
wait...Warren is richer than Emma?
>>
>>94637136
If BP is the Autocrat of Wakanda, then Wakanda's fortune is literally Black Panther's fortune.
>>
What about Reed Richards? Tony Stark? Norman Osborn? The Kingpin? Namor?
>>
>>94638764
It takes place after Schism. Where Wolverine suddenly gets queasy about mutants only knowing violence after Utopia gets attacked by a giant sentinel. Even though it happens every fucking week and people should realize how often the school is attacked.

Wolverine decides to start a school and begins recruiting from the X-Men to be his faculty and Cyclops tries to get them to stay. Hence the panels of cavemen as its just a tribal war in the X-Men of who is going to lead the mutants.

Ironically Wolverine wins and leaves with half the X-Men, but the school is attacked on the first fucking day.
>>
>>94637042

But BP can't actually access any of that money, because that would mean selling it.

And how many times has Vibranium been (legally) sold? Two, three times in fairly small amounts?
>>
The fuck does Xavier do, hold a patent?
>>
>>94637042
Shouldn't vibranium become the worlds new currency then?
>>
Uuuuuuh, if natural resources are a consideration, and kings representing those lands in turn hold that wealth, shouldn't Aquaman be magnitudes richer than T'Challa?

He rules 3/4 of the entire planet, his domain encompasses the food stock of over 2/3 the world's population, and his access to mineral/resource wealth would be magnitudes greater than every country combined.
>>
>>94639262
fuck you Arthur, I'm going to fish the seas and not give you a penny
>>
>>94637198
if you clicked the link it was the real world's GDP not the comic book world.
>>
>>94639165
he uses his telepathy to cheat the stock markets
>>
>>94639262
Thing is anyone can profit from the sea while not having to pay shit to Aquaman/Namor. Your average joe can't just simply walk into Wakanda, take all the vibranium he needs and sell it on the street.
>>
>Black Panther: $90.7 trillion
I know he's a king but that's fucking ridiculous. Where did they even get that number from?
>>
>>94639262
Yeah, but normies think Aquaman is lame so the casuals that make these lists will continue to ignore him.
>>
>>94639240
Too rare
>>
>>94636926
Haven't read much of nuSpider-Man. I heard his company rivals Tony Stark's now, so is he a multibillionaire as well now?
>>
>>94636926

>B.Panther: $90.7 Tril

That's a lot of stolen bikes.
>>
>>94639354
Like >>94637042 says: VIBRANIUM, NIGGA. That shit's more valuable than gold, more valuable than platinum, more valuable than anything else in the Marvel Universe. Pretty justifiably so, considering everything it can do.

I think it makes more sense for it to be rare like it is in the MCU, considering its stated value per gram, rather than it being like it is in 616 where it seems like everybody and their fucking mother has some sort of vibranium toothbrush or something.
>>
>>94636926
Unfortunately for T'Challa, a plot by Doctor Doom to steal Wakanda's Vibranium forced the king to release a fail safe rending the stockpile inert, and potentially worthless.
So not $90 trillion then

Also surely if Wakanda has that much then it's not worth as much?
>>
>>94639346
Aquaman is just more forgiving and realistic about helping the world, but he could wreck shit at a scale that BP could only dream of to protect his resources.

To put it into perspective: by gold alone, Aquaman has claim to about double the wealth that BP has in vibranium value. That's just gold. When you consider the pockets of REEs that he would have, things would start to get astronomical. And that's just REEs. Add in fuel sources, and you're looking at hundreds of billions more. Now if he were to monetize aquatic life as food sources, which he could by changing migration routes and fucking over entire nations until they acquiesce, he would put 2/3 of the world's population over a barrel and could probably push his wealth into a quadrillion dollars.
>>
>>94639582
Injustice: Aquaman Edition
>>
>>94639582
I should have put a tl;dr that says time.com just wanted an article that people could share involving Black Panther looking good. Because in no way is ANYONE on Earth in Marvel or DC richer than Aquaman.
>>
>>94639547
>Also surely if Wakanda has that much then it's not worth as much?
Wakanda uses the deBeers method of hoarding to create artificial rarity and thus keep prices as high as possible.
>>
>>94639668
>>94639582
Except the moment Aquaman tries to privatize the sea the entire world would go after his ass, super heroes included, so counting it as his personal wealth is retarded since he'll never be able to profit from it like Black Panther does.
>>
>>94639425
He was. In the comic, his company was destroyed by himself to stop dr octopus. He's going to the bugle again
>>
>>94639582
what? Just cause gold is in the ocean doesn't automatically make it his.
>>
>>94639742
He could checkmate the entire world by sudokuing the world fish population. Literally nobody would be dumb enough to fuck with that man if he were put into a position of losing it all and being pushed into that sort of position. Black Panther has a giant ass rock that he never sells parts of. Aquaman controls the world's major food supply. If he wanted to, and defied his core character (which is pretty much the absolute only weakness in my argument, I will concede), nobody could stop his demands.
>>
>>94640006
>Literally nobody would be dumb enough to fuck with that man if he were put into a position of losing it all and being pushed into that sort of position
except for the times it happens of course?
>>
>>94640035
Which is why I mentioned the fact that his core character is the thing that prevents it. But spread every aspect out and look at it objectively, and you know how much power he wields. It's just that his better nature prevents him from being a villain.
>>
>>94636926
eh, he owns a country. Kinda like Putin.
>>
>>94640006
Batman exists. Superman exists. They stop him like every other villain that has tried something similar, throw him in jail and he ends up poorer than you.

Accounting the sea as someone's wealth is impossible not to mention dumb.
>>
>>94639297
>Random civilian drowned at sea
>>
>>94640097
Get this through your head, because it will make this unnecessary aspect of the conversation (entirely your doing) easier if you do: he COULD kill off the world. But he doesn't. Therefore it's a moot issue. But he COULD commodify the ocean, and nobody could stop him without destroying the world in the process. Therefore, it's his, and he's just generous. But it is certainly his wealth that he just gives away.
>>
>>94639626
I wanna see an Injustice version of each of the JL members now.
>>
>>94640178
>he COULD kill off the world.
so could countless other heroes and villains. That doesn't make him special, at all.

why are arthurfags so insufferable?
>>
>>94640178
So would Superman but you don't see anyone arguing he should be over Negro man in the list because he can potentially seize the planet and make everything his and therefore making him the richest man in the world.
But now you're moving posts from "Aquaman should be in the list because he resides on the sea so everything should be accounted as his" to "Aquaman can fuck up the world if he wanted" which is a completely different topic that no one but you in a feeble attempt at damage control wants to discuss.

You get this through your head: Trying to monopolize the sea in any fashion for any reason is an impossible task since everybody and their mothers would go for the head of the one doing so. Hell, Batman probably has already a plan in case some Atlantis nut is planning to do so.

And of course this >>94640277.

You're just a big Aquafag fanboy who should shut the fuck up already,
>>
>>94640210
>Martian Manhunter
>"You think i'm weak? that i'm a jobber? i'll show you who's a jobber!"
He then proceeds to squash every single member of the JL and villains alike showing the true power of his abilities.
>>
>>94636926
>Tony Stark: $12.4 Bil
There's no fucking way. He's the CEO of a weapons manufacturing company that just fucking tanked 65% in the first movie (without the economy noticing, I might add). The largest purely weapons manufacturing company in the USA, that has perpetual contracts with the military to an extent Stark can only dream of, is Lockheed-Martin with $47 billion in net assets. Does Stark own more than a quarter of his company?
>>
File: brainiac.png (246KB, 250x354px) Image search: [Google]
brainiac.png
246KB, 250x354px
Shouldn't Brainiac be a contender for wealthiest comic book character? He has an invincible mega-ship he's used to blow up thousands of solar systems and has tens of thousands of advanced alien cities just sitting in bottles on his ship.
>>
>>94636926
>implying we didn't already know this

What's your point, sport?
>>
>>94637042
That's not really how economy works.
>>
>>94640811
aliens don't count cause you can't calculate it. Does the Supreme Intelligence count since he controls everything the Kree do?
>>
>>94637042
VIBRANIUM has no practical value since it's never been sold.
>>
>>94640895
Didn't earlier kings of Wakanda sell some?
>>
File: 1497733933123.jpg (36KB, 599x453px) Image search: [Google]
1497733933123.jpg
36KB, 599x453px
>>94639582
>>94640006
>talking to fish is actually really cool, guys, I swear
>>
>>94640895
It gets stolen and sold all the time. It's like saying ivory can't be valued because it's not legal.
>>
>>94637042
So it's basically another case of comic book writers not taking a second to do any number checking with their made up statistics.
Like Flash being able to process thoughts on an attosecond
>>
>there are casuals in this thread
>in this very thread
>that don't know Arthur's kingdom is fully recognized by world powers in DC and therefore has rightful and lawful claim to the materials within
International law would allow him to trawl up all of the gold on the sea floor. It's his kingdom. I'm not seeing where the argument is coming from otherwise.
>>
>>94641039
>offshore oil rigs still exist
>fishing still exists
>divers still claim things they find from the sea as their own

Maybe it was written once but if it's never enforced then they forefeight it.
>>
>>94639059
Based Logan, fighting against violence.
>>
>>94641039
>>94641092
Arthur likes to claim he rules all of the seas, but in reality Atlantis would have the same territorial limits as other nations. The only difference is that Atlantis can exploit far more of the ocean than any other nation.
>>
>>94639165
His family is rich. That's why fuck boi juggernaut.
>>
>>94640367
He does it while sarcastically screaming "AAAAAARRRGH".
>>
>>94637131
Black Panther is just some boring Gary Stu with the personality of styrofoam so he doesn't offend the dindus with the concept of flaws or limits.
>>
>>94636926
Scrooge McDuck - Five multiplujillion, nine impossibidillion, seven fantasticatrillion dollars and sixteen cents
>>
>>94637042
That's like saying that if you had 100,000 copies of the 1909 Horus Wagner you'd have $280,000,000,000 dollars - if you ever sold any of them the value would plummet. Vibranium is so valuable because it's so rare, if they were to flood the market it would crater in price.
>>
>>94636926

>Batman 9.5 bil

Yeah OK. I guess the watchtower is made out of tin foil
>>
>>94642120
No, that's only part of the reason. It's also that it can do almost any fucking thing you want it to do.
>>
>>94639262

Nah because of the meme metal but Aquaman is wealthier than Batman by a large margin
>>
>>94642321
Then why doesn't he fund the Justice League?
>>
>>94640811
Its not really his if he stole it.
>>
>>94642349

>using your countries wealth to fund surface dwellers

That's probably why
>>
A Speedforce user can potentially time travel to their past/future and bring all of that past/future selves' money into the present. Constantly repeating the process until they surpass Black Panther.

For example, SFU travel 1 attosecond into the past and future. The present have $5, past have $5 and future have $5. After time travel, you would now have $15. And now repeat the process but this time, present have $15, past have $15 and future have $15. After time travel that is $45. Rinse and repeat. Only problem is the minor potential time paradox and the fact that the serial code are all the same.
>>
>>94642473
Are you retarded?
>>
>>94642527
Did you fail Speedforce 101?
>>
>>94642473
This fails in so many ways, it's almost unreal that you clicked "post".
>>
>>94639582
Aquafags are brainlets, I'm officially convinced.
>>
WE WUZ TRILLIONAIRE
>>
>>94636926
Wait why do frost and the prof have money? I never followed x men
>>
>>94637108
I don't like this. I think Wayne industries and Lexcorp should always be on rougly equal footing to avoid any stupid buyout plotlines.
>>
>>94637375
>Bob Kane: $10 Mil
this sickens me.
>>
>>94639262
They say that control the entire ocean but really they just police them.
>>
>>94642797
Also I say this as an aquafag.
>>
>>94642674
>>94642827
Is this the latest marveldrone psyop?
>>
>>94636926
How rich is Quentin Quire?
>>
>>94640868
Time believes in Keynes economics, so of course they're economic illiterates
>>
>>94642769
Buyouts are far more complex than people realize. Does Lexcorps have a board? Is it publicly traded? Who has the controlling share?
>>
>>94642769
Buyouts are far more complex than people realize. Does Lexcorps have a board? Is it publicly traded? Who has the controlling share?
>>
>>94640097
The government can't cease legally obtained assets. A rich person who got their money legitimately is still going to be rich in jail. Martha Stewart was still a millionaire when she went to prison. If someone arrested Bill gates for something aside from a financial white collar crime, he'd still be rich when he went to jail too.
>>
>>94642473
If you had said something like diamonds, you'd look a but less retarded.
>>
>>94636926
>>94637108

Bruce should be comparable to Lex, although not sure how FP fucked with that, or even how Rebirth is fucking with that.

At one point, Sivana Industries (or whatever his company was cold) was comparable to Lex's (below it) at about 4-5 billion.

>>94639742
BP doesn't have 90 something trillion dollars sitting in a bank. He can't even BORROW 1 trillion against his 90 something trillion value.

So it's BS for you to say BP can profit from his stockpile and Arthur can't. If Atlantis wanted to, there is a ton of sunken treasure of all kinds that they can access, literally actual value that they could take to any bank in any nation on the planet, that would excess actual COLD HARD CASH that Wakanda has absent BP selling off the vibranium (which would likely decrease it's value as well).
>>
>>94640789

I think Stark owns a controlling interest in Stark Industries. Time's figures are BS because we have people on the top of the richest list who don't have the kinds of ownership interest (notwithstanding Nolan's stupid plot which is just no realistic in any way shape or form), Bruce Wayne is essentially also a controlling interest, but even people who only had a portion of control in companies now (again Bill Gates only owned a small portion of the stock in Microsoft) are much richer than this stupid list is implying.
>>
>>94639240
Vibranium has all kinds of wonder metal properties, Its too useful to be used like gold and silver used to be. It would be like making iron a currency metal
>>
>>94636926

If you're going to allow T'challa to count his country's wealth as his own, Doom should be on the list (but presumably Latvaria isn't as wealthy as Wakanda) and Lex should be at the top of the list by having the USA's wealth from his presidential stint.

Vibranium is only mega-expensive because its kept artificially scarce, you can't really account the Wakandan reserves of the stuff by the rarity price because the price would collapse if you tried to sell it. The price of a glass of water to a man dying of thirst in a desert wasteland does not make me wealthy from having a water spout in my kitchen fridge.
>>
>>94644163
kek
>>
>>94637108
>Bruce having more than Lex

shit list
>>
>>94640789
Stark is the company president. Not the CEO. There's a difference.
>>
>>94644920
>Lex should be at the top of the list by having the USA's wealth from his presidential stint.

This is one thing that has essentially stayed retconned from FP since no one has mentioned Lex being president. Additionally, you misunderstand how the presidency works. Sure, someone like Bill Clinton has more money available this post presidency than say Richard Nixon (whose primary motive for the Frost interviews was the cold hard cash). But Jimmy Carter, Gerald Ford, the first Bush and, so far as anyone can see, the second Bush have not or did not shown any signs of having additional wealth post their presidency than when they were inaugurated.

Oh, and even Doom knows that Latvaria's 'wealth' is just shit and pig farmers, anon.

>>94644920
If we're going to accept BS comic book garbage like that, then you simply have to accept that Clark and Kara are wealthier than anyone else on the planet. They can easily flood the diamond market, they can obtain precious metals that don't even exist on the periodic table. They also have access (at least Clark does) to superior technology that exceeds anything on the planet by magnitudes.
>>
What about Superman? How much does the daily planet pay
>>
File: bruce buys lexcorp.jpg (165KB, 408x846px) Image search: [Google]
bruce buys lexcorp.jpg
165KB, 408x846px
>>94645025
What the hell are you talking about? The only shit thing about it is that Bruce has only 9.2 bil which is absurd.
>>
What about Aquaman then? Surely there's more resources in the ocean than anywhere else and only Atlanteans could probably get everything like random microorgranisms that could be used in medicine and shit?
>>
>>94645073
Yeah Bruce's fortune should be a bit higher, 9 bil is too low for the scale his company seems to have in the comics. Then again, this is coming from people who think a million dollars is a lot of money
>>
>>94636926
Emma weight in diamonds should be enough to be the richest.
>>
>>94636926
I lol'd
>>
>>94639262
Atlantis is part of the UN and has thus signed UNCLOS, agreeing to open seas. Aquaman's territory ends 200 miles from Atlantis' borders. The 3/4 thing is a big meme.
>>
>>94645171
She's not that fat.
>>
>>94645043

Oh, I agree that being US President does not mean you suddenly, magically, have personal and complete control of the nation's GDP.

For that same reason, I don't think T'challa should be listed as having his own country's entire wealth at his disposal. Wakandan kings have much more power than US presidents but even there it isn't absolute, if BP went on a reserves-busting spending spree either the ruling council would oust him or there would be a coup.

"Wealth" should be measured in what the individuals have largely unfettered control over.
>>
>>94645043

Oh, I agree that being US President does not mean you suddenly, magically, have personal and complete control of the nation's GDP.

For that same reason, I don't think T'challa should be listed as having his own country's entire wealth at his disposal. Wakandan kings have much more power than US presidents but even there it isn't absolute, if BP went on a reserves-busting spending spree either the ruling council would oust him or there would be a coup.

"Wealth" should be measured in what the individuals have largely unfettered control over.
>>
>>94636926
But Wakanda don't sell Vibranium, doesn't even has a market I think, so other than smugling is like say that Colombia is one of the richest Country in the world because the cocaine
>>
>>94639582
>he could wreck shit at a scale that BP could only dream of

Something Tchalla learned from Namor.
>>
>>94639582
Reminder that economists with ecologists have actually estimated how much coral reefs are worth per unit area.

http://www.economist.com/node/410947
>>
>>94639947
>just cause vibranium is in wakanda doesn't automatically make it his.
>>
File: IMG_6078.jpg (161KB, 632x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6078.jpg
161KB, 632x960px
>>94645292
She has the fat in the right places.
>>
>>94637198
>>94637042
>Gee, boy, clearly the GDP of a world in an universe that doesn't have gravity, where the square cube law doesn't apply, where alien empires with FTL-travel are the norm and where infinite energy is a daily reality MUST have EXACTLY THE SAME COMBINED GDP as our world.

Makes perfect sense.
>>
>>94640882
how rich was Sinestro when he ruled Korugar?
>>
>>94639262
>shouldn't Aquaman be magnitudes richer than T'Challa?

People steal his riches day in day out in giant machines that were built to fart into the general direction of his capital city.

His is a really large failed state, basically.
>>
>>94642349
Same reason Tchalla doesn't bankroll the Avengers.
>>
>>94644163
For how much it doesn't work, Keynesianism is still applied in pretty much every country to some extent, even the ones that go full austerity still have state-sponsored industries.
>>
>>94644318
I want to see Arthur paying for stuff with Spanish doubloons he salvages in his spare time.
>>
>>94636926
Doc Doom?
>>
>>94645662
Hell, how about Black Bolt? Just how much of the moon does he own?
>>
>>94645595
actually it does. It's a monarchy and the countries wealth is his
>>94645638
fair point, it would make those teams private armies of those nations.
>>
>>94645692
none, he's squatting there. The moon can't legally be owned by any nation. The inhumans have always been squatters

>>94645662
I would guess as rich as Kim Jung Un
>>
>>94636926
There's no way Stark is worthy only 12 billion. His tech alone probably costs billions just to power, research,and maintain, especially if you consider the AI and suits he keeps developing and modifying. I mean, it costs Wayne millions just to gather and maintain his state-of-art equipment or just barely above modern conventional weaponry. Stark's technology is literally decades, if not centuries, ahead of current technology.
>>
>>94645750
plus, didn't he sell a lot of shit to governments during the 80s? I don't remember the exact details though.
>>
>>94645732
>The moon can't legally be owned by any nation.

I'd imagine that the actual relevant laws of people who have space travel and colonization would matter more than some accord among primitives.
>>
>>94645712
>actually it does. It's a monarchy and the countries wealth is his

That's probably the argument of the Aquafans - it's not that fishes are natural resources. It's that they're his subjects.
>>
>>94638988

Warren is the richest X Man. The explanation for how they pay for stuff tended to be Warren is paying for it.
>>
>>94636926
Wouldn't Aquaman be above T'Challa?
I mean he owns all the oceans or at the very least Atlantis and several other underwater cities.
I don't care how valuable vibranium is; there's enough sucken treasure to be worth more.
>>
>>94645791
The US and Russia have also signed the Outer Space Treaty.
Nobody can own any celestial body, which sadly, has slowed down space exploraton due to the lack of incentive of owning land.
Only applies to nations, tho, companies or individuals can build stuff and own it.
>>
>>94640097
Ok, so real talk, we are talking about how much power a hero would have if he was to bring all his worth on the table.

Whether Superman and Batman can stop him is irrelevant, becuase discussion is about what these character can bring on the table at all.
>>
File: 1201790.jpg (76KB, 311x475px) Image search: [Google]
1201790.jpg
76KB, 311x475px
>>94645732
This was a fun book
>>
>>94645853
What about that Buy A Star site?
I own THAT celestial body. Right? Right?
>>
>>94645860
Does this include said Flashes speedforcing their way into the green?

How about peeps like Superman constantly creating diamonds in his fist?

Or Firestorm being able to synthesize pretty much any element you want?
>>
>>94645902
Well, theorize on it, genius. Don't just attack people who ask same questions but about Aquaman.
>>
>>94645896
No, it's just named after you.
And if some alien goes there and builds a Dyson sphere, really doubt he's going to care about what you bought in a website.
>>
>>94645750
Personal net worth is not the same as the net worth of a company.
>>
>>94645930
Wut? I'm one of the pro-Aquaman posters.
>>
I wonder if Deadpool can sell his flesh, regen it, then sell it, etc.

I was thinking organs, but they might be too cancerous.
>>
>>94645853
>The US and Russia have also signed the Outer Space Treaty.
>Nobody can own any celestial body, which sadly, has slowed down space exploraton due to the lack of incentive of owning land.

That's our universe.

The reality of their universe is that they don't matter as legal entities and that actual legal agreements on how to claim posession and own celestial bodies do exist in and between legal entities that do matter. Heck, some celestial bodies are natural persons even, which means that somebody could very well construct a case in which he is in charge of managing a planet's legal affairs, down to land sales.
>>
>>94644318
Nah I like to think Bruce should be a lot richer than Lex since he bankrolls the league and bat equipment under the table so he needs a sizable fortune for the board members and public eye to not notice that there are holes in his money while Lex is an open hero/villain.
>>
>>94645896
Hello, I am a nigerian prince. If you give me money, I will give you a plot of my gold mine.
>>
>>94646073
>here's your cancer kidney sir, we can take you off dialisis
>yay!
>And put you on chemo
>>
>>94645750
Agreed. Modern military aircraft from advanced developed economies literally cost billions just to manufacture. And that's not factoring the price of ensuring it all stays functional, requiring years of training just to have pilots operate them, and ensuring it's all up-to-standards.

Stark's suits are all more advanced than all of the American military aircraft available, are composed of rare, exotic materials, equipped with advanced technology no one has matched, and probably has an artificial intelligence assisting it, which that alone charges a fortune.

This all has to come from Stark's personal account, because I really doubt his majority stockholders consent to him allocating corporate resources in his personal suits just to play hero and get joyride out of it.
>>
>>94646091
>Batman is literally running a money laundering operation for himself and his friends, stealing money from his board in order to finance their private military operation and his bum-fighting habit
>>
>>94646414
Stark cuts all the regulatory bullshit and that would take the cost down to 1/10 of it. But you are still right, his suit would cost his entire fortune essentially. Marvel hasn't really kept up with inflation well.
>>
>>94637375
todd mcfarlane 300 mil
>>
>>94644175
Lex would never be stupid enough to not have a controlling share in his own company. Tbf, I doubt he'd even be willing to answer to a board.
>>
>african autocrat counts his country's riches as his own
Art imitates life.
>>
File: 4154736-vandal+savage+final.jpg (82KB, 455x640px) Image search: [Google]
4154736-vandal+savage+final.jpg
82KB, 455x640px
>>94636926
ok but Vandal Savage though.
>>
>>94645750
I remember reading a comic involving Spider-man asking Iron Man why he doesn't just offer the entire Avengers team powered armor. Iron Man's response was that if Spider-man has 20+ billion lying around just for him to have Iron Man-level of armor. I think that's just the price he's charging just to make the goddamn armor, not including repairs, maintenance, upgrades, etc

Clearly, Tony's armors are hella expensive, even for him. There's was a recent Civil War comic of Rhodey asking why his suit isn't as advanced as Tony, and Tony states that he's handing Rhodey an outdated armor that's worth billions on the free market to him for free. Of course, that didn't stop Cap from getting one from Tony when he asked for one, though.
>>
>>94646607
even if he somehow isn't the majority share holder(which I doubt he would let go), he would have black mail on his competitors.
>>
>>94645043
>>94644920
Doctor Doom has a time machine, all the others are irrelavant.
>>
>>94646414
True, but Stark can somewhat justify it by tying Iron Man stuff into existing Stark Enterprises R&D and capitalizing on the Iron Man trademark and likeness for merchandise. The ruggedization and miniaturization of computer components in the Iron Man suit alone would catapult the company to the undisputed forefront of a large chunk of the computer industry.
>>
>>94646091

I think both should be richer than this implies if you look at how much Buffet and Gates are worth. 12B is nothing. There's a guy in Mexico worth that much essentially from controlling the phone networks in Latin America and to a much lesser extent some SA countries as well.

>>94646073
Organs would barely get him into the millionaires club and he'd have to sell them all to do that. Plus which since he wasn't actually cured of his cancer, his organs would be worthless, just as a hemophiliacs can't be given way, much less sold.
>>
>>94647229

A time machine doesn't bring actual wealth. At best, he could invest 100 in Apple stock or Google. 20 years ago.

If Doom can't even use a machine to control the planet, how the fuck is he going to manage to make a dime?
>>
Reed Richards or Doom could easily make gold or whatever shit they want. They are infinitely rich.

You would obviously say "well, if they create so much gold, there would be much more offer than demand and the price would plummet!".

And you would be right!

If the amount of vibranium Wakanda has exceeds the gdp of the world, then who could buy that shit? It cannot be bought, thus it cannot be sold, then its not valued at the correct price.

VIbranium price is because Wakanda doesnt sell it. So you need to go to the blackmarket. The current value of Wakanda's vibranium is zero dollars until they decide to sell it. If they want to sell it, the price should plummet or else no one could afford it.
>>
File: 1393700847693.jpg (23KB, 500x414px) Image search: [Google]
1393700847693.jpg
23KB, 500x414px
>>94636926
whats the point of pointing them out?
>>
>>94641092
>>94641272
>yfw Arthur gets a cut from all the fisheries and oil companies that drill in the ocean
>>
>>94647877
"Top Ten List" + "what if this nerdy shit worked like the real world XD" = double the clickbait.
>>
>ITT: /tv/ gets assblasted about a fictional black character being so rich

This is autism.
>>
>>94648014
But this is /co/
>>
>>94637042
why the fuck USA still haven't invaded Wakanda in the name of democracy?
>>
>>94648068
>Implying the posters who are surprised about Wakanda and BP being rich as hell aren't casuals from /tv/
>>
>>94648075
tried and failed
>>
>>94646515
You guys forgetting in the film he built a functioning suit with a box of scraps when he was first captured? Just imagine what he could do with even a small fortune.

Hell he was the one guyable to miniaturize the arc reactor when the
Stark Industries own best and brightest were having difficulties.

Tony doesn't need trillions dollars worth of money to build a single suit.
>>
>>94647229
Doom uses the machine to find lost or stolen mystical relics. He is too smart to damage the time space continuuum.
>>
>>94638624
ARE
>>
File: IMG_20170814_185016_479.jpg (19KB, 720x125px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170814_185016_479.jpg
19KB, 720x125px
>>
>>94637148
OP is a faggot. He wrote mill instead of bill for her. it's 1-3billion.
>>
>>94637375
My cousin is worth triple Stan Lee's net worth.

This feels weird.
>>
>>94637198
Who is that clown? looks familiar.

Money doesn't really mean anything in comics if you can just take some junk and a space rock and obliterate reality.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (44KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
44KB, 1280x720px
>>94648115
As pointed several times Wakanda cannot sell the vbranium without collapsing the price. And the current high price of vibranium is only because artificial scarcity. You cant multiply the price of black market vibranium with the wakanda reserves and use that number.

White people always win.
>>
>>94648524
Vibranium isn't diamonds where the entire value is based on scarcity. It's incredibly useful and would change the entire worlds material sciences
>>
>>94644150
hope this helps

http://www.vipfaq.com/Quentin%20Quire.html
>>
>>94647624
Yeah you're right and was it in End Game(?) where Bruce has that bat robot thing where he said it cost more than what most countries spend on their military budget also he has a batcave in the moon and also Hell Bat Armor must have been expensive as fuck.
>>
>>94637198
There is porn of this character somewhere and by god I am going to find it.
>>
>>94646640
no data
>>
>>94648994
It's a dude
>>
>>94644318

isn't there a huge difference between the company's net worth and the man's? Like Bill Gates and Microsoft were never just the same number
>>
File: many currencies2.jpg (45KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
many currencies2.jpg
45KB, 640x480px
>>94647837
>You would obviously say "well, if they create so much gold, there would be much more offer than demand and the price would plummet!".

You aren't thinking De Beers yet.

If you got enough of something, you effectively control the market, meaning you get to set the price.
>>
>>94648524
Wakanda should just sell the military supertech with restrictive and controlling maintenance and spare parts contracts. Think about how many second or third tier powers would pay out the ass for Wakandan superjet.
>>
File: the dick makes it better.jpg (69KB, 600x653px) Image search: [Google]
the dick makes it better.jpg
69KB, 600x653px
>>94649082
Yes, and?
>>
>>94648838
Are you fucking retarded? The amount of vibranium wakanda has priced at black market levels is superior to the whole world gpd. IT CANNOT BE BOUGHT, THEREFOR IT CANNOT BE SOLD.

The moment wakanda starts selling it, the price would plummet since the current price (black market) IT IS valued based on scarcity (there is practically none outside Wakanda)
>>
>>94649090
yes it has to do with the percentage of shares they'd own
>>
Also, T'challa is the king, so the vibranium is his, yes, but the moment he started selling it to outsiders he'd lose his mandate pretty fast.
>>
>>94648838
The problem is that the MU has shown the ability to create and maintain technologies comparable to Wakandan tech without using vibranium. What good is an insanely expensive supermaterial if more accessible workarounds already exist?
>>
>>94649116
Like if he can produce it cheaper than mining with slaves (which he easily can), then everybody else is too damn expensive so they quit and invest their money into sex slave trafficking, drug production or some other form of crime. Once they lost the knowhow on how to actually run a gold mining operation and once he's established as the main source of gold, he gets to dictate the price.

Happened just recently when the Saudis decided that they actually don't like fracking.
>>
>>94648838

diamond is the hardest known naturally occurring substance; it's pretty much reality's closest match to Vibranium
>>
Why is Xavier rich again? Something about Jew/Nazi Gold?
>>
>>94649215
The real problem is that nobody who isn't dressed like a clown and whose friends wear nothing but body-paint and shoes can actually keep any high tech maintained for longer than a couple of pages.

I mean, such as it is, none of the thousands of types of direct energy weapons produced in the US ever caught on in any capacity.

>>94649279
He probably scams people into paying into his trust fund or something. His fortune falls into the same category as the legality and morale soundness of everything Batman is involved.
>>
>>94647837
Infinite gold and diamonds just mean you make them worthless. Value comes from scarcity.
>>
>>94649242

>>94649116
>>94649377

Infinite doesn't mean that everybody has it, just that somebody has it all while nobody else can actually make a profit producing it.
>>
>>94649279
scams the stock market with telepathy
>>
>>94637739
So? Xavier is fucking dead. Emma could hack off part of her hair and have something worth more than $3M
>>
>>94649697
>Emma operating on her body to make money

I'll have you know she only PAYS for that body! She never sells
Thread posts: 210
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.