[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who was in the wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 354
Thread images: 49

File: icredible.jpg (21KB, 560x314px) Image search: [Google]
icredible.jpg
21KB, 560x314px
Who was in the wrong?
>>
Buddy for not listening to his elders.
>>
>>94630145
>Guy trying to do his job and not endanger a kid
>Obnoxious little shit that won't listen to others and has a massive victim-complex whom also grows up to be a literal criminal mastermind

Gee, I wonder.
>>
>>94630145
>I can't let a child put himself in harms way
>Every superhero needs to die for this perceived slight I received when i was 12

why did you make this thread?
>>
Buddy's parents.
>>
>>94630145
>deciding to kill somebody because they nicely asked you to leave them alone
>>
>>94630145
Mister Incredible was too harsh.
>>
File: IMG_3753.jpg (214KB, 1440x1072px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3753.jpg
214KB, 1440x1072px
Who was in the wrong here?
>>
>>94630145
Literally the only way Buddy could have been remotely right is if he became a villain just to force Mr. Incredible out of retirement.
>>
>>94630219
>too harsh
It was implied Buddy's done it several times before the incident, obviously he's gonna start getting frustrated.
>>
>>94630145
All transhuman beings are a threat to human existence. I have no desire to be the victim of post-human “deliverance,” and I never will. The mere certainty of these false idols rescuing people without their consent is a violation of human rights. If you expect me to grovel at the presence of a metahuman and lower myself by acknowledging their unnatural existence, then you are sorely mistaken. These civilians are hostages marveling at the cruel treatment offered by their subjugators, worshiping these inhumane entities. While I see the true corruption that flourishes within this “sinless saviour" community, and have no inclination in associating with these soulless monstrosities.
>>
>>94630223
Those buildings clearly insulted aku's mother
>>
I hope Bomb Voyage got the fucking chair
>>
>>94630145
you. for posting a shit thread.
>>
>>94630242
Ah well I haven't watched the movie in a while
>>
File: 130509_ttbe_megaman2_wilyship.jpg (78KB, 600x333px) Image search: [Google]
130509_ttbe_megaman2_wilyship.jpg
78KB, 600x333px
>>
>>94630226
Now that would be an interesting plot
>>
>>94630272
He later gave up his life of crime and is living incognito as a mime. You see him briefly in Up! during the house takeoff scene.
>>
Buddy probably had issues that extended to his home and school life, and even though Mr. Incredible wasn't particularly nice to him, it wasn't his obligation to be. Especially with this implication >>94630242

Buddy's somewhat relatable, and seeing him as a kid before he lost his trust in superheroes can make you feel sorry for him, but he certainly wasn't in the right.
>>
God damn the Glory Days scenes are so comfy, they should do a movie based only on the Glory Days
>>
>>94630219
>>94630242
>>94630318
The only way I think Bob could have handled things better was to explain to Buddy that he was too young to fight crime and it's nothing to do with his lack of powers. That probably wouldn't stop him anyway.
>>
>>94630307
What is Wily actually doing in these games? Is he terrorizing people or antagonizing Megaman and Light in particular? Because robots aren't people
>>
>>94630145
Neither, if Mr incredible hadn't been so mean to him, buddy wouldn't have become a super villain which wouldn't have gotten Mr incredible out of his depression and allowed supers back into society.
>>
no, who was in the wrong here? Aren't you
obliged to help someone trying to kill themselves?
>>
>>94630243
Syndrome plz
>>
>>94630371
>that he was too young to fight crime and it's nothing to do with his lack of powers.
I mean...the Parr kids become superheroes later so
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
>>
>>94630145
Buddy for not listening and putting himself in danger
Bob for the poor choice of words, then again he had a stressful day.
>>
>>94630243

Shit, how did a Marvel civilian get out of the comic book? Put him back, put him back!
>>
>>94630243
>t. Lex Luthor
>>
>>94630368
I wish they animated more of the hero interviews. You can listen to a bunch on the dvd.
>Man with optic blast power doesn't keep eye contact with people for fear of burning a hole through their head. His social and dating life suffers from it.
>Man with telescopic and microscopic vision is a germaphobe because he can actually see the germs on everything.
>>
>>94630310
>Mr. Incredible takes Buddy under his wing just before the Super Lawsuits hit
>Trains him up to be the best of the best, the first ever Super without powers (super intelligence doesn't count for some reason)
Mr. I hangs up his mask as the government tells him, Buddy is left feeling robbed of the chance to show the world how good he could be and angry at how they discarded his hero for something so petty and selfish
>Becomes rich and powerful with his inventions to change the world for the better, hoping to bring about a renaissance of superhumanity, increasing the natural population of supers, ACTUALLY ensuring everyone can be super, not just the highest bidder
>He fails
>Becomes convinced that adversity breeds strength, in the conflict-less vacuum of a world without heroes and villains the super gene cannot flourish
>Fueled by the collapse of his dreams and the pent up bitterness of being denied his own chance to shine as a good guy, he resolves to become the worst villain of all, the ultimate adversary necessary so that superheroes can return and will continue to be needed
>"Why did I do it sir? Why did I let you down, why did I break every rule you ever taught me? Because the world will ALWAYS need Mr. Incredible. And one way or another, you will be there to protect it. I'll make sure of that."
>>
>>94630415
>takes out a jolteon with a thunderbolt from a fucking rhyhorn
>>
>>94630379
He has blown up several buildings, kidnapped people, and even caused an international incident once.
>>
>>94630412
Only because it was a life and death situation and can probably only do it later under supervision. I don't know if there's mention of child heroes in the glory days.
>>
>>94630396
If that man actually wanted to die he would have walked back up and jumped off again
>>
>>94630396
>openly show suicide and trial for stopping a suicide
>actual guns instead of the usual lazer guns
>dozens of deaths played for laughs with capes and then not with drama
>a fucking skeleton is a key plot point
Pixar was seriously pushing it, and it shows how masterful they are/were because despite all that the movie is completely COMFY viewing.
>>
>>94630145
He would have been fine.
Look at Batman and his Robins. They're all great. At worst one of them had to learn the hard way that crowbars just build character.
>>
>>94631163
yeah but this is the incredibles world, if that kid died in a battle a lot of shit would have happened to heroes and everyone would blame Mr.Incredible.
>>
>>94630396
This plot always bugged me. Maybe it made more sense back in the day for that to happen, but all I can think of is how today police off for doing a lot worse than what the supers were doing.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that every cop is doing shady stuff, but I'd imagine that any good lawyer would be able make a better case for the supers.

At the very least, make a law that forces supers to have to go through police academy training, and carry a badge, or something. Not outright banning them.
>>
File: image.jpg (28KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28KB, 480x360px
>>
>>94630379
I believe the original game was that he felt slighted that Light received all the credit for making the first 6 Robot Masters and believed he was unfairly represented, so tinkered the robots to put them into crazy mode to have revenge and also to ruin Light.

Second game, he shows that he can make superior Robot Masters and starts to build his own from this point on (The exception being MM9 when he once again takes over 8 of Light's newer creations). From that point on, I think he just likes being evil so just gets more and more crazy in his schemes, doing anything as long as he knows it will destroy Megaman and ruin Dr Light in the process.
>>
>>94630379
He wants to take over the world with a robot army.

In the Mega Man classic games, the canon is that robots have a form of free will; they can do whatever they want as long as it doesn't violate the Three Laws (provided that they haven't been reprogrammed).

After X was discovered 100 years later, robots with actual free will were developed.
>>
>>94630145
The society by not regulating the superhero thing better.
>>
File: 200_s.gif (42KB, 495x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
42KB, 495x200px
>>94630145
Why did the principle not believe this guy?
It's not as though everybody suddenly forgot that supers existed. I'm sure every once in a while a random kid would start developing super powers, and they have some kind of protocol for that. Did the teacher just never consider the possibility that Dash had some kind of Mind Powers?
>>
>>94630223
AC Moore for charging Genndy so much on supplies.
>>
>>94631394
If it turns out that Yellow had no part in any kind of conspiracy, then her actions are entirely unjustifiable. However, character motivation isn't one of SU's strong suits.
>>
>>94630396
Attemptif suicide is a crime, so he should really have no legal standing in this.
>>
>>94630145
Buddy hands down. For one you can't help someone who doesn't want to be helped. Two he's a kid. Mr. Incredible works alone and if anything happened to Buddy, a kid, it would reflect very poorly on him. Had he refined his tech, practices with it, and tried again when he was an adult bob may have considered taking him under his wing and training him officially.
>>
>>94631519
It does strike up the question of where new generations of supers went. Obviously the kids of surviving ones would know to keep undercover like the Parrs but why haven't new supers showed up? What created them?
>>
>>94631519
>>94631717
why didn't any heroes turn to the evil side? some powerful guy out there would be angry about the hero ban and go fuck shit up i'm sure

Incredibles should have gotten a tv series to expand their universe, i hope the sequel does a good job at that and doesn't turn into a watered down copy of the og like all the other pixar movies today
>>
>>94631519
Maybe because outing a kid as a super for a harmless prank on a teacher who's a known dick would be cruel to his entire family forcing them to up and move again and get new identities for who knows how many times?
>>
>>94631575
Personally I think she's either trying to cover it up or just get Blue to drop it because she's afraid.
>>
>>94631394
You, for watching such a shitty show.
>>
>>94631791
Well the supers were a system to deal with things non legally where possible. Now law enforcement would just go straight for lethal force. Before it would be "hey Mr. Incredible is nearly invulnerable, let's let him talks care of this bomber" and now it would be the SOP to call in snipers and choppers and shoot on sight.
>>
>>94631874
Yeah, I'm pretty sure the creators basically said the cops just shoot superhuman criminals on sight now.
Remember that people with Mr. Incredible's durability are pretty rare in universe (he's the only tough strongman type we see) and and even he's only in the range of "pretty tough", not "no-sells bullets"
>>
>>94631798
are you implying that the principle was in on it?
>>
>>94630307
Willy was the hero all along

BUT THATS JUST A THEORY
>>
>>94630208
This.
>>
>>94630223
The gods for forgetting about the chunk of primordial evil that became Aku for over 65 million years.
And also the alchemists/shamans for Jack's dad for mixing up their "destroy the ancient evil" and "awaken the ancient evil" potion recipes.
>>
>>94631823
That's what I'm afraid of though. Steven Universe consistently has times when a character will do something out of pure emotion for problems that any normal person would be able to think of a better solution for in the same amount of time.
>>
>>94630243
>Superman saves small child
>Child screeches "REEEE YOU VIOLATED THE NAP!" and shoots him with a kryptonite-laced shotgun
>>
>>94630318
Maybe this could be true, but really the movie doesn't take a deep look on Boddy's characters, the movie just let us think that he became a superhero-hating villian because how Mr. Incredible treated him, but it could be a possible cause that life issues.
>>
>>94630145
The government, for banning supers.
>>
>>94630396
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Good_Samaritan_law#Consent
This case makes sense for the 70s, but under laws passed since the late 90s, Mr. Incredible can't be held at fault, as a man trying to kill himself would likely be deemed "mentally unfit to make decisions regarding his or her safety" and thus consent to the assistance is not required.
>>
>>94631382
The entire plot hinges on the citizens of the incredibles universe to be marvel tier in their hate for people helping them but at the same time they hold way more power than any single cop does so if the public doesn't believe they're doing their job properly I guess it's easier to do away with them than law enforcement as a whole.

I think the big issue I have with it that Mr. Incredible SHOULD have accidentally caused harm to a citizen who wasn't suicidal (not that the fact he was trying to put himself in harms way really mattered) by being distracted. It opens up a door into "the public can't trust them 100% so fuck all of them forever" rather than what felt like a lot of greedy people suing over dumb shit and then lmao no supes.
>>
>>94632021
I'm implying the principal doesn't like the teacher to begin with and if he suspected he wouldn't say anything without REAL evidence less he get sued.
>>
>>94631399
>(The exception being MM9 when he once again takes over 8 of Light's newer creations)
Nah, 2, 5, 7, and 8 are the only classic series games where the robots were Wily's doing. In the other games, he tricked Light into co-producing new robots, blackmailed a foreign scientist into building them, and held a fake tournament to gather the world's strongest robots so he could reprogram them. In 10, the robot masters are just random malfunctioning robots (although Wily's the one making them go crazy, that wasn't really his goal).
>>
>>94631519
It is headcanon but I always thought the protocol may actually be the principal calling the brainwashing squad on the teacher.
>>
What I never got about Incredibles is where the villains went when the supers all stepped down. Surely they wouldn't have cared about the law.
>>
>>94630145
syndrome for being an equality of outcome commie shitstain
>>
>>94632921
They were shot, anon. Generally they allowed Supers to go after villains cause it was safer than cops being put in danger. No more supers and it's deemed better to shoot villains on sight.
>>
File: IMG_1394.jpg (54KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1394.jpg
54KB, 480x480px
>Being an asshole to a brave and kindhearted boy

Bob is a cunt
>>
>>94633306
Key difference is that Deku realises he has to train and earn his right to become a hero. If he just put on a suit and constantly stalked All Might pretending to be his sidekick, it would have gone the same way as Buddy and Bob.
>>
>>94633456
>he has to train and earn his right to become a hero
No some dude literally gave him THE big dick power, he don't NEED to do shit.
>>
>>94630396
way I always saw it, the only reason that case didn't get immediately thrown out was because of all the bad vibes toward Mr Incredible due to the Train incident

so it'd be interesting to see an alternate world where due to Buddy not showing up when Mr Incredible confronts Bomb Voyage(let's say Buddy's Rocket Boots malfunctioned between his previous appearance and that scene and ended up hospitalizing him enough that he doesn't bug Mr Incredible again for a good long while), Bob easily stops Bomb Voyage, and due to there being no train wreck, the suicide lawsuit goes nowhere, and thus without it opening the floodgates the Golden Age of Supers never ends

skip forward to the time that rest of the movie occurs and things would probably be looking pretty different...
>>
>>94632054
MatPat can go fuck himself with a burning iron rod
>>
>>94633484
He literally needed to train 24/7 until his body could even handle the big dick power being in his body. Then afterwards he couldn't use it without constantly breaking his bones.
>>
>>94633484
>he don't NEED to do shit.
Deku had to train for about a or a few months by cleaning a beach before All Might Gave him One for All. All Might even gave him eating suggestions that Deku followed.
Other wise his body would over exploded like an egg in a microwave on the first use.
All Might was getting his body ready
>>
>>94633306
Buddy was more Bakugo than Deku though.
Hell even Bakugo is a better person than Buddy.
>>
>>94633631
this right here
>>
>>94633484
Besides needing to get swole in months just to inherit that power and still being unable to use it without damaging himself, having a power is only part of the hero training.

But yeah, I wished the editor allowed Hiro to keep Deku quirkless. The concept was a lot more interesting.
>>
>>94630226
By killing all of the other retired heroes?
>>
File: 1499314091992.png (1MB, 647x609px) Image search: [Google]
1499314091992.png
1MB, 647x609px
>>
>>94630371
>that he was too young to fight crime and it's nothing to do with his lack of powers
And then he goes and gets himself killed while trying to fight a supervillain?
>>
>>94633306
>Buddy
>Brave and kind

He was an attentionwhore and a prick
>>
>>94633686
>Then afterwards he couldn't use it without constantly breaking his bones.
Literally doesn't matter when the power of the school nurse allowes her to fix him. The only time this gets brought up in a meaningful way is when Eraserhead tells him how superheroes can't go around breaking their bones (which he does, anyway, so it's a moot point).
>>
>>94633972
The nurse only speeds up natural recovery. She can only do it so many times before it threatens someone's life to use her power on them. Deku is at that point already. She has literally refused to heal him because he was stupid enough to break his bones.
>>
File: IMG_1396.jpg (61KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1396.jpg
61KB, 800x450px
>>94633484
>Dis nigga

There's harassing a hero on the job with your stupid toys.

And then there's spending a year working out, eating healthy, and cleaning up an entire dumping ground of a beach solo.
>>
>>94633880
Reading is a marvellous thing.
>>
File: 1487385115596.jpg (38KB, 474x242px) Image search: [Google]
1487385115596.jpg
38KB, 474x242px
>>94631791
>fighting for freedom
>evil
>>
>>94630145
Anytime someone on this board says "I can really relate to this character!" 9 times out of 10 that character will be the one in the wrong.
>>
>>94633972
Seriously man, you should read the manga again or something. He's already done permanent damage to himself from pushing his power too far.
>>
File: arBLi7j.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
arBLi7j.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>94634060
>>94633972
She and other doctors have even told him that if he keeps it up with the bone breaking he's gonna lose the use of his arms.
His hands are already fucked up with scars and there's a reason he started using is legs.
>>
>>94634203
Yeah, that happened 2 arcs ago. He uses his arms on the very first, and so far only, fight he gets into after that
>>
>>94634273
Well eventually he would get to the point he doesn't need to worry about it. If he could train properly over a couple years or so. Circumstance will not allow this. Him using his arms again is after a rest and I wouldn't be surprised if he has nerve damage.
>>
Wasnt it bobs wedding? Is be pissed too if some kid is delaying me
>>
>>94634397
True. He was late and had a lot of things happening all at once. He just snapped.
>>
>>94634316
I mean, I'm sure Hori will remember it at some point, but in that span of time he's used OfA twice, and one of those involves him punching down concrete walls. It may come up now for dramatic effect, but I'm a bit tired of him jobbing SO FUCKING HARD every time he gets into any sort of altercation this year, so I half hope it doesn't
>>
OK Buddyfags

Would you call a police officer a dick if some brat tried to be his "partner" over and over before finally interfering with a standoff the day before his wedding
>>
>>94634477
>and one of those involves him punching down concrete walls
If you mean in the current arc, he's was able to go pass his old limit without breaking his bones.
Plus he had his hero costume fixed with Arm braces to prevent further damage and iron soles for his kicks
>>
>>94634477
Honestly, given all the shit All Might worked up to I think there's a minor healing ability in it. Or at least given rest it amplifies how much he has adapted to the power.
>>
>>94634651
No normal human could take hundreds of full force punches from Noumu, don't care how muscular you are.
>>
>>94634759
Good thing he's not normal
>>
>>94630272
He was actually a cool villain
>>
>>94630145
The dumbass kid for trying to butt into dangerous situations and not respecting his idols' decision to work alone

Kid essentially just threw a tantrum for not getting his way
>>
>>94630145
>Wah my favorite hero doesn't want me as his side kick
>>
>>94634651
>>94634759
I think humans in general are a lot tougher and stronger in the Bokuverse. Otherwise any hero who's quirk isn't defence-based would be injured or killed in most situations or just from using their own quirks.

Baku's able to jet around with his explosions without dislocating his arms and Eraserhead is jumping around like a ninja. It's why I think Quirkless Deku would still have a chance.
>>
>>94634759
If I remember right he didn't actually take hundreds, just a few. The only noticeable hit he takes is when Nomu punches him in the side and All Might visibly reacts. Another one slips through and makes him bleed from the cheek, but aside from that All Might avoids or clashes with every other punch Nomu throws.
>>
>>94634066
>And then there's spending a year working out, eating healthy, and cleaning up an entire dumping ground of a beach solo.
Yeah?

And you know what?

That wouldn't have gotten him SHIT if old big dick himself hadn't stopped by to give him the full shaft.
>>
>>94635014
IIRC the "quirk factor" lets anyone with a quirk have a higher physical potential ceiling. Some skinny fucker in a recent chapter BTFO a big juggernaut badguy by throwing an office stamp at him. And his power isn't super strength either.
>>
>>94633878
I mean, I wouldn't trust a legless person to drive anyways
>>
>>94635175
Kinda like how in DC, so many superheroes get the strength/endurance/flight package even when it makes no sense.
>>
>>94633878
Wow, I wonder if they thought of this when writing the Agent Venom stuff.
>>
File: IMG_1368.jpg (432KB, 950x950px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1368.jpg
432KB, 950x950px
>>94635171
No. Because he'd run into an adorable girl who would make gadgets to help him fight crime.
>>
File: SpookyDebating.png (7KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
SpookyDebating.png
7KB, 500x500px
>>94635394
It is staggering how many Best Girls there are in this series.
>>
>>94635394
Whatever he's still relying on gibs.
>>
>>94630145
the kid, obviously
>>
>>94635479
Deku has entire volumes written about superheroes and villains. He doesn't NEED handouts.
>>
>>94635466
Horikoshi has extensively researched the East and West to learn all the secrets of best girldom.
>>
File: 0m0.jpg (123KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
0m0.jpg
123KB, 1024x1024px
>>94635479
>>94635171
>>94633484
Man, the whole point about super heroes isn't about HOW they got their powers, but what they do with them and WHY.
You're seriously downplaying a really great hero in the making that showed every promise of being a hero without having powers based on your shallow view of how superpowers should be gained.
>>
File: Superman-Doomsday.jpg (1MB, 1200x600px) Image search: [Google]
Superman-Doomsday.jpg
1MB, 1200x600px
>>
>>94635357
Lol, it's from the current run of Deadpool.
>>
>>94630415
Whoever directed that shitheap.
>>
>>94635171
Yeah, getting handed powers kinda shits all over the working hard thing. It's also kinda bullshit that he was told he couldn't be a hero without super powers when most heroes rely on gadgets due to having shit powers anyway.

I can't figure out how people like the bitch with super hearing or invisibility and no notable athlethic ability even managed to take down enough robots to pass the entry exam. They are literally normal humans. But, nooo, you don't have any powers so you can't be a hero. Fucking retarded ass shit. I enjoy the series, but the opening arch is hot garbage.
>>
>>94635596
No I'm saying the protagonist of the Harry Potter x JoJo crossover is a retard who just had plot contrivances reward his retard behaviour.

You ever heard of "there's a fine line between bravery and stupidity"?

Hell from what I watched, Deku WAS Syndrome, he just had it play out far better because of factors completely outside his control. Yeah he ran out to a big fuckoff monster, what if some of those cops there tried to save him and got shishkebabed?

What if All Might hadn't used the power of plot to get his powers back up to speed and he got brained himself?

He's Syndrome if Syndrome got a big dick reward from Mr. Incredible.
>>
>>94630145
Mr. Fantastic. 95%
>>
>>94635706
You seem to be obsessed with Deku and All Might's dick. Not disagreeing with anything you're saying, you just seem fixated on it.
>>
>>94635741
I was talking about Mr. Incredible's dick there actually get it right lad.
>>
>>94635739
I mean Mr. Incredible*
>>
>>94630188
Criminal mastermaind does not even begin to describe this guy.
He literally exterminated a good chunk of the superhero population because one of them couldn't babysit him at the right time
>>
File: violet.jpg (440KB, 1920x802px) Image search: [Google]
violet.jpg
440KB, 1920x802px
Is there a single person in the thread who wouldn't pic related?

Waifu shit aside, the Incredibles is a really good film.
>>
>>94635675
>I can't figure out how people like the bitch with super hearing or invisibility and no notable athlethic ability even managed to take down enough robots to pass the entry exam.

Jirou's earjacks work both ways and can send the amplified sound of her heartbeat into whatever they contact. She's shattered giant rocks with them like it's nothing.

I assume Tooru used her stealth advantage to sabotage the robots from behind or something. Used to believe she was secretly Korra swole and hid it with armless shirts but I think something disproved that now.
>>
>>94635706
What Deku did and Syndrome did are not comparable.

Syndrome jammed his way into a situation where he wasn't needed out of pure hero worship, and ended up making everything worse. Deku ran into action when someone needed help and no one was doing anything.
>>
>>94635675
Couldn't there be more schools that UA for becoming a hero? UA is the most prestigious, but surely there's other ways. Also, not sure but, do you need some sort of school degree to become a licensed pro hero? Can't you just take some sort of apprenticeship and get in through some other means?
>>
>>94635706
What >>94635851 said plus you're missing the point of the action.

Yes, what Deku did was incredibly foolish and would have only made things worse but it worked out because it reminded All Might to stop being a pussy and get out there. Buddy just wants glory and stardom.
>>
>>94635822
Super hearing bitch is a pro hero from the new episode. Literally has nothing else. Similarly, there is bloodlicker, who passed the fucking exam (He got in, then dropped out) somehow when he would have no way to affect the robots with his quirk and would have literally been a faggot with a knife running around.
>>
>>94635822
>>94635675

The exam also gives points for acting selflessly or prioritizing saving civilians, so the weaker heroes probably got bonuses for that
>>
>>94635962
>but it worked out because it reminded All Might to stop being a pussy and get out there
Which is retarded.

It's basically saying All Dick himself was just gonna let that nigga die unless some crybaby went on a suicide rush like a distracted spastic near a steep cliff.

I mean the only way little dick Deku's plan held any weight is if that was the case. Far beyond that fine line if you ask me.
>>
>>94635883
It's been pointed that this is the exam everyone goes through and that is why some quirks aren't properly represented in the hero line of work, if other schools used completely different exams, then it wouldn't be an issue and everyone talking for those episodes was a massive tunnel vision faggot.

You can't go directly from an internship to working as a hero, you still have to finish your school.

You also can't defend yourself with your powers if you aren't a pro hero, even if you're about to be murdered.

The setting is a bit on the retarded side.
>>
>>94636091
>You also can't defend yourself with your powers if you aren't a pro hero
This is explicitly not true and has actually been touched upon in the series, which you'd know if you actually read it.
>>
>>94636138
Dog cop explicitly said this is how it works, and that he'd have to arrest Kamen Rider W, Saitama and Flash for stopping Edge Murderman for using their powers without a license.

But, that he would keep it a secret so they wouldn't have to be arrested.
>>
>>94636191
No, they'd get in trouble because they acted as heroes and directly sought out combat without permission. It's mentioned that if you are put into a situation where you or someone else will be killed unless you use your Quirk, there are legal exceptions for that.
>>
>>94636191
That wasn't because they used their powers to defend themselves, it was because they violated the terms of their internship. The procedure called for them to retreat and wait for the actual pro heroes to show up.
>>
>>94635883
There are plenty of schools but Deku wanted UA because it's where All Might trained. You have to attend a school for heroism to safely use your quirks for crime fighting, meaning even police are barred from using them. Tony Stark apparently won in that universe.

>>94636034
All Might was under depression from his limited power use and thought he was helpless and useless in the situation. The other heroes were waiting things out for a better equipped person to show up. In essence, sitting around while a kid suffers until it's convenient for them to take action.

Deku's the one who goes to save somebody even when it's an hopeless situation, which is considered heroic to All Might. That's just how he is. The other teachers even warn him to stop encouraging that in Deku after his injures himself.

Is it dumb? probably but the world of bnha is saturated with people only in it for fame and money, so it's the other extreme.
>>
>>94636235
That was only Lida, everyone else was there to stop the two faggots from getting killed. Yet, the "exception" didn't apply to them.

Because it doesn't exist.
>>
>>94631791
>Extremely powerful super with telekinetic powers resists society
>This happens
>>
>>94636304
>You have to attend a school for heroism to safely use your quirks for crime fighting, meaning even police are barred from using them
>Be cop
>Can run super fast
>Have to let perp get away because you only trained as a cop
This setting is so fucked up.
>>
>>94636344
Incredibles 2 when
>>
>>94636034
>Ey senpai I got this superpower long time in the making this is some real important shit right here gotta treat it with the utmost care.
>Who am I gonna give it to? The guy who runs into a suicide scenario which confers absolutely no tactical advantage for either himself or the people he allies himself with of course!

If you say Deku considered that All Might was heroic enough to come in and save him from the EXTREMELY limited conversation the two had, he would have to consider him heroic enough to NOT LET ANOTHER KID DIE CAUSE HE JUST WASN'T FEELING IT TODAY.
From any logical point of view, the kid let his emotions get him into a silly situation and gets literally the keys to the kingdom for it, everything he had ever wanted. As Origin stories go this has more holes than a cartoon cheese,

>>94636304
>which is considered heroic to All Might.
That's the problem. Under any logical evaluation it's not heroic. Origin's are pretty big deals and I couldn't take this shit seriously at all.
>>
>Fourteen year old invents hoverboots

How the fuck was he not a super? God damn, the kid had the inventive capabilities of the Tommyknockers.
>>
>>94636398
He was too young. Maybe if he was 16 or 18 no one would care
>>
>>94630145
Mr. incredible could just gave him a small job. It is not like buddy is dumb, he could just tell him to get his normal clothes or become his janitor.
>>
>>94636319
You mean Iida? Iida, Midoriya, AND Todoroki all disobeyed direct orders from their superiors, sought out a villain, and engaged in unauthorized combat. They inserted themselves intentionally into the situation.
>>
>>94636427
No I mean even when he was an adult, he never thought of himself as one, Bob called him out on pretending to be one.
>>
File: Team 6.png (515KB, 676x557px) Image search: [Google]
Team 6.png
515KB, 676x557px
>>94635607
Superman

Doomday was program to survive and fight harsh things. And he was abuse by a scientist.
>>
>>94636440
Because, if they didn't drop in, Native and Lida would have died. They were there exclusively to save the fags in danger, even Stain saw this and decided they were selfless enough to not kill. This is as retarded as when a robber breaks a leg and sues the home owner.
>>
>>94636364
A majority of the population's quirks are either too weak or useless for hero work anyway. If a cop with a powerful quirk didn't pass hero school, it probably means they can't use it safely.
>>
>>94636523
Todoroki was the only one there because he suspected there was actual danger, and arguably he should have gotten off scott free regardless. "It turned out to be a good thing" does not change the fact that they willfully and knowingly broke the rules.
>>
>>94636523
The entire arc was a critique on how true heroism is getting lost in the midst of bureaucratic rules and media money-grubbing. It's an intentionally frustrating plot point: they risk getting punished for doing the right thing because the system is broken.
>>
>>94630208
Yeah for having him.

>>94630226
agreed.

He doesnt have super powers to begin with so why did mr.incredible choose him in the first place?
>>
>>94636709
>He doesnt have super powers to begin with so why did mr.incredible choose him in the first place?

What? Bob didn't choose Buddy. Buddy just kept hassling him at cons and work, trying to be Bob's sidekick.
>>
>>94636767
ohh ok thanks.
>>
>>94631717
I'm guessing the government quickly steps in and monitors whenever a new super develops powers?
>>
File: IMG_1398.jpg (81KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1398.jpg
81KB, 640x427px
>>94635706
Syndrome

>Hero is almost done stopping villain
>HURR DURR I'M UR NUMBA ONE FAAAAN! CHECKOUT MY SHOOTY BOOTS!
*Almost gets everyone killed*
>Spazzes out like a faggot

Deku

>Acknowledges that it's his fault the villain escaped
>Rushes in because he has a hero's heart and couldn't stand to see Bakugou afraid and in danger
>Inspires hero to save the day
>Goes home and accepts he's not cut out for hero work, dries his tears and accepts reality
>Even thinking about sending an apology email to the hero.
>>
>>94631382

>
At the very least, make a law that forces supers to have to go through police academy training, and carry a badge, or something. Not outright banning them.

Seems like every Hero is trained and equipped by the government actually.

For a single movie this is actually a really well thought out cape universe.
>>
File: giphy.gif (2MB, 500x265px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
2MB, 500x265px
>>94636375
no clue
>>
>>94635821
Violet is adorable and I ship her with myself
>>
>>94630550
Well Stratogale was like 17 right? Although considering what happened to her, that's plenty of reason to avoid kids being heroes
>>
>>94630226
this... would've been way better.
>>
>>94635706
Down Syndrome practically destroyed an entire subway system, injured civilians, almost led to the death of a jumper, almost had an entire building explode and collapse, and destroyed a few city blocks. Deku on the other hand gained his strength through hard work, not just becoming a villain either, and did the complete opposite that Down Syndrome did.
>>
>>94636796
At least Syndrome got to meet his biggest fan.
https://youtu.be/BX20ocN5I3M?t=19
>>
>>94630145
Both, but Incredible to a much lesser degree. He was just being a dick, Syndrome was a legitimate villain.
>>
File: bzrYl1I.jpg (204KB, 1018x844px) Image search: [Google]
bzrYl1I.jpg
204KB, 1018x844px
>>94639173
>Deku on the other hand gained his strength through hard work, not just becoming a villain either
I hope they do a "Deku of two worlds" story, proto-Deku was supposed to stay quirkless and become Batman.
>>
File: Incredibles Sequel.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Incredibles Sequel.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>94631791

oh, anon, only toy story sequels were decent.
pixar is not what it used to be.
>>
>>94630317
He's in Ratatouille as well, anon
>>
>>94636767
I think Mr. incredible said something about him winning a contest.
>>
>>94630145
>I'm not the only one who just rewatched the movie

Buddy was definitely in the wrong because pestering a hero while a ton of shit is happening at once is putting everyone in danger. He could've died, and because of the bomb he failed to notice, massive amounts of damages occurred, resulting in innocents being injured, reconstruction of a railway, and not to mention a huge suit against his own idol.
>>
>>94640092
Probably for a PR shoot and not judged by him. Even if Bob did choose him in a contest, he's made it plenty clear it's not a real job placement and Buddy ignores him.
>>
>>94636344
sauce?
>>
Who was in the wrong?
>>
>>94640195
r u 4 reel
>>
Any predictions about what I2 will be about?
>first film was about people being fed up with superheroes
>second film is about people depending too much on superheroes
Could make sense given the current atmosphere of superhero films, and could sort of mirror the first film in a few ways.
>>
File: 9721487_orig[1].jpg (315KB, 1100x722px) Image search: [Google]
9721487_orig[1].jpg
315KB, 1100x722px
>>94630368
Thats just pixars art style.
>>
>>94630219
>Mister Incredible was too harsh.

Buddy was putting his life and the lives of others in danger by interrupting Mr. Incredible's rescue efforts.

It's like a fat 10 year old pretending to be a fireman running around chasing firefighters and getting himself into dangerous situations that the firemen need to pull him out of
>>
>>94631399
>Second game, he shows that he can make superior Robot Masters

>which all proceed to get blown up by Dr. Light's modified gofer robot
>>
>>94636375
>>
>>94640223
>be perfect and good
>create evil
>punish them for something you setup

like gods basically putting a bucket of water on an ajar door but the bucket is filled with smite and not water.
>>
>>94640235
>Could make sense given the current atmosphere of superhero films, and could sort of mirror the first film in a few ways.
I hope they don't fall into parody.

it almost sucks how super hero movies exploded and now the incredibles is just another dot.
>>
>>94630396
>who was in the wrong here?

The slimy greedy lawyer pushing the suicide guy to sue Mr. Incredible to make a buck
>>
>>94633306
Totally different situation

It's not like Mr. Incredible could endow his powers onto buddy
>>
>>94640228
It's a pretty old anime and we're not on /a/.

>>94640195
Akira.
>>
>>94640359
I mean, I'm not saying a full-on parody or anything, but more like a commentary/deviation of the genre. That's sort of what the first one was at the time, wasn't it? I haven't watched it for years so it might just be I don't remember it very well.
>>
>>94640334
>>94640223
Create evil?

No, free will was created because it's not the same when you make someone love/follow/worship you

It means a lot more if your creation has freedom to do anything they want and they still choose to worship you

Lucifer was stupid in thinking he could overpower him. He couldn't even beat the angels, he had no chance against his unlimited power.

Lucifer chose the path he chose because he would rather rule in hell than serve in heaven
>>
>>94640518
yeah but now they're all like that.'
Now unique super hero movies are the ones about being a super hero.
>>
>>94640538
free will is good and all but you don't punish a baby when you leave the forks and sockets out for it.

Like is free will just an excuse for punishment and lack of foresight?
>>
>>94636398
I always assumed that he was like the Sky High chick and had super intelligence, but the world favored flashier superpowers so it went unnoticed.
>>
>>94640582
You're going way out on a limb

The fact is that God created the angels and Lucifer decided out of his own free will that he was going to somehow overpower his creator, you know, the creator with unlimited power, and become the king of the realm
>>
>syndrome proved that anyone can be super by simply out doing super heroes
>his plan was to prove that anyone was a super hero

its ironic when you think about it.
>>
>>94630226
Wow thanks alot anon now I can't watch the stupid movie without thinking about how much cooler that plot would've been
>>
>>94636344
Wasn't Akira a rebel because the society he was in was a dystopian mega city that rotted away all the ideals it has and ended up a bureaucratic nightmare that couldn't accomplish anything plus he spent his life being a bit of a bitch so naturally he let the power go to his head
>>
>>94630226
>villain is just what the main character wants

haha fuck
>>
>>94640654
Like he said, "when everybody's super, nobody will be".

His ultimate revenge plan was to trivialise the things that made supers special and bring them to the level of powerless folk like him.
>>
>>94630145
the kid was fugly and a instant cockblock
>>
>>94640768
Yet he was fucking Mirage.
>>
File: I2.jpg (7KB, 182x268px) Image search: [Google]
I2.jpg
7KB, 182x268px
Will it be good?
>>
>>94641109
no

not at all.

I mean actually there is no reason for it to be bad if they actually have a good idea. but it might suck if it's just a better incredibles 1 because we're so used to cape shit.

I dunno. it would just be a really good marvel movie with a strong story at this point.

heres hoping though, only reason it can fail is new pixar.
>>
>>94640737

wasnt he superintelligent or something?
>>
>>94641255
>new pixar.

what?
>>
>>94641255
>we're so used to cape shit
>we

Also, Bird already made it clear that the incredibles was never about the superhero stuff, it was about the chemistry of family relationships with a superhero element
>>
>>94636364
>This setting is so fucked up.
Well that's why we have the Illegals now.
>>
>>94630145
problem is, he isn't saying that Buddy shouldn't be his sidekick because of his age, but because he has no superpowers and is not related to him. Both are wrong in this case
>>
who was in the wrong here?
>>
>>94630145
Does anyone else believe the theory that Buddy is Mister Incredible's illegitimate son?
>>
File: _cracked_logo_large.png (38KB, 898x228px) Image search: [Google]
_cracked_logo_large.png
38KB, 898x228px
>>94630145
Cracked once did an article about how Buddy was the hero for wanting to sell his inventions to the general market, and because the supers are fascists or something.

Don't forget: Buddy is a Bond-villain-rich military contractor. Cracked managed to endorse that.
>>
>>94630145
Buddy was 100% in the wrong. The only thing that Mr. I could have done better is to tell him to be his own hero, practice, and fight crime side by side with him one day.

Because despite how dangerous it got for him, Buddy's tech was pretty impressive even at that age. He legit could have been a great hero of he got guidance.
>>
>>94630272
He not only got away, he also serves as a real mime and has been living pretty well. Can be seen in Up and Ratatouille

Compared to most heroes, he got away scott free.
>>
>>94642928
Do those fuckers not realize that Buddy was going to sell them to any faction willing to pay for it? He'd be an arms dealer that would allow anyone to get such power. That shit would start huge wars.
>>
>>94639919
>proto-Deku was supposed to stay quirkless and become Batman.

This is what I was hoping the entire series would be about but I think him fucking up his body constantly as a draw back of using the powers was the trade off for giving him a quirk in the final version.
>>
>>94640409
>It's a pretty old anime and we're not on /a/.
It's considered a classic, at least within the realm of fringe/fictional/animated entertainment.

If you're on here and haven't watched it you're at fault.
>>
>>94633878
>>
>>94642928
No need to go on Cracked, these guys show up here every once in a while
>>
>>94636709
He actually does have a power, super intelligence.
>>
>>94639818
Stratogale had a better death.
https://youtu.be/Jy2YhxXn7NY?t=31
>>
>>94642928
>Don't forget: Buddy is a Bond-villain-rich military contractor. Cracked managed to endorse that.

Hey moron. That's not what he described in his evil speech. In his evil speech he described selling superpowers to the general public, which the Incredibles were aghast at the concept of. If we the audience were meant to perceive Buddy as a military contractor who would start wars then that is what he would have described in his evil speech. I love the movie but it had some very strange ultra-conservative morals that I could have done without.
>>
>>94643792
"These guys" meaning anyone with any critical thinking skills? Do you actually think the Incredibles wasn't a classist movie?
>>
>>94630145

Iron Man was wrong.

Team Cap all the way!
>>
I can't wait for the villain of The Incredibles 2 to be a Bernie Sanders stand-in who very evilly wants to give free healthcare and life support to old people and sick children who can't afford it on their own.
>>
>>94633878

Johnny Storm.

If he had fucked Peter senseless that morning, he wouldn't have been able to be wondering around hassling poor, defenseless Flash.
>>
>>94632111
>primordial evil
Really though? When it first emerged it just wobbeled around aimlessly. Neither extingushing stars nor being evil in general. When the gods attacked without provocation it just tried to defend itself.
If anything this atttack made Aku evil, because all this being ever knew from that point on was pain and anger.
>>
>>94633878
I do the same thing so i can't judge, Really though, most cripples rarely drive anyway
>>
>>94643896
>Johnny Storm.
>If he had fucked Peter senseless that morning, he wouldn't have been able to be wondering around hassling poor, defenseless Flash.
Flaming Spiders is best ship.
>>
>>94635479
Unlike Batman, who relies on a trillion dollar trust fund and employees...
>>
>>94630145
He would have saved a lot of time and trouble if he had just Miracleman'd the kid right there and then.
>>
>>94633776
Deku would have died hard and fast as a quirkless person.
>>
>>94635014
That's not different from Marvel or DC comics where "baseline human" costumed heroes survive in brawls and getting knocked around by major metahumans.
>>
>>94644038
Then the majority of heroes with quirks that aren't strength/endurance boosting would die too.
>>
>>94643974
Wow. You're a real scumbag, huh?
>>
>>94643360
Batman is a shit character, who's actual superpower is blatant plot armor.

How is some japanese kid from a middle class one-parent family who doesn't have the means to go training in every single science and fighting style ever along with untold billions of dollars to throw away of an arsenal meant to do that shit?
>>
>>94640538
If god can do anything why wouldn't he just make it so will free and the absence of evil can exist at the same time? He's omnipotent, right? Changing the laws of reality shouldn't be that hard.
>>
>>94636364
This is a setting where EVERYONE has powers apart from a few cripples and the power they get can be pretty much anything with no similarity between them, this caused massive societal upheaval in the early years of quirk awakening. It makes sense that Japanese laws go for a blanket ban considering the situation and mutability.
>>
File: img.png (304KB, 385x424px) Image search: [Google]
img.png
304KB, 385x424px
>>94630208
Gee, I wonder how his parents reacted when they inevitably found out their son was a homicidal criminal genius who got turned into hamburger by a jet engine.
>>
>>94644230
How do you know his parents were still alive?

Hell, maybe the little bastard was an orphan, and fixated on Mr I so much due to daddy issues
>>
File: 1126cbCOMIC-gm-god-god-man.jpg (744KB, 970x1283px) Image search: [Google]
1126cbCOMIC-gm-god-god-man.jpg
744KB, 970x1283px
>>94644170
NOT THIS TIME PARADOXER!
>>
>>94640682

Yes plus then scientists tried to kidnap him so they could do experiments on him and refused to tell him what the hell was going on.
>>
>>94643824

He,directly said that he sells weapons to the nations for profit.
>>
>>94644266
I get it, but still, for a god paradoxes shouldn't even be a problem. You have the power to do literally anything.
>>
>>94644388
And that's because they have God-God looking out for them
>>
>>94641818
>Shadman
>>
>>94644370
Plus the fact he was only going to sell the superpower gadgets once he had his fun playing 'hero' and got bored with it, all out of sheer spite at the one metahuman dude that hurt his feelings as a kid.

What a fucking faggot, like Stain.
>>
>>94643824
>All I wanted was respect. Many countries want that and they will pay out the nose for it
>How do you think I got rich? I invented weapons
>Now I have a weapon that only I can defeat and when I unleash-

He's pretty clear that he's invented some nasty shit and dealt with shady people just so he can fund his fake hero career and get back at Mr. Incredible
>>
File: 1315621401297.png (157KB, 363x307px) Image search: [Google]
1315621401297.png
157KB, 363x307px
>>94631519
It's because supers weren't supposed to be allowed to breed. Mr. Incredible just got away with it because he was the government's golden boy and has Rick Dicker on the inside as a friend.

Incredibles unironically has the deepest lore
>>
>>94641818
>that eyeball
Do people actually LIKE Shadman's art?
>>
>>94641109
according to IMDB, this is the plot summary in a sentence

Bob Parr (Mr. Incredible) is left to care for Jack-Jack while Helen (Elastigirl) is out saving the world.

>>
>>94645514
he draws good ass imo

his art isnt the worst. its not the best, but its definitely detailed (even if it often makes me feel sick)
>>
>>94630188
>>94635778
>>94630208
I'm going with some form of personality disorder and/or narcissism.

He felt that he deserved a hero role. And being verbally denied once made him go on a decades-long warpath with plenty of collateral damage and a criminal enterprise. No amount of good parenting would've changed him.
>>
>>94631382
>but all I can think of is how today police off for doing a lot worse than what the supers were doing.

>policemen are somehow doing something worse than filling the streets with ice paths and derailing trains
>>
>>94630379
Wily's goal was always world domination.
Manga and later materials expanded it to say his goal is genocide of the human race and replacing it with robotkind. But otherwise, just pure evil.

MM1 - He takes over Light's 6 Robot Masters and collapses the world industries because they were industrial use robots.
MM2 - He comes back with 8 Robot Masters designed for war. Gets beaten by MM and taken in.
MM3 - He and Light build Gamma the ultimate superweapon for peace, and then backstabs Light to use Gamma to take over the world.
MM4 - He blackmails Cossack to take over the world for him, doesn't work, he tries to do it himself, doesn't work.
MM5 - He frames Protoman in another attempt to take over the world. Disguise is broken, MM beats him again.
MM6 - He hosts a worldwide robot fighting tournament, steals the top 8 robots, and then tries to take over the world.
MM7 - He sends Bass to infiltrate Light's lab, steal the X blueprints, and then tries to take over the world. MM beats Bass, threatens to kill Wily and stop it once and for all, and was too much of a pussy to pull the trigger.
MM&Bass - A robot named King tries to take over the world to create a robot utopia and MM&Bass both gang up on him.
MM8 - A space robot named Duo lands on Earth in pursuit of an evil asteroid or w/e and turns out Wily was using it to take over the world so he teams up with MM to stop him.
MM fighting games - I don't know the plot but Duo is involved again, and at the end, (a) Wily reveals to Bass the Zero blueprints he's been working on, and (b) Wily implies that he still had some of the evil asteroid Duo was chasing and was going to put it in Zero.

Then a magical implied Cataclysm happens, everybody somehow forgets the captains of industry and destruction, Light and Wily, existed, and a couple centuries later, a biologist named Cain discovers the capsule containing X, clones X's design to create Reploids and Zero and the Zero Virus gets unleashed onto the world via Sigma.
>>
>>94645316
If supes were supposed to adopt, that would explain why no one thought it was weird for that one dude to raise a bunch of kids with his "roommate".
>>
>>94645316
>It's because supers weren't supposed to be allowed to breed
As neat as this sounds, this was never implied. What was implied was that the flashback era of supers was the first generation of supers so nobody had bothered to bang two supers together or marry them.
>>
>>94630379
He started doing his shit out of jealousy of Light's success and good press, then he figured out that he was making a robot army to do his bidding, he might as well try to take over the world. But Megaman kept winning, and then the more he lost, the more he went insane, and he ended up creating Zero and the Maverick virus.
>>
File: IMG_1231.png (141KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1231.png
141KB, 500x281px
Question is, would Buddy ever say this with sincerity?
>>
>>94630188
replace buddy with radical SJWs
>>
>>94644230
>Implying he didn't kill his parents
>>
>>94645316
He's basically that Muslim guy who shot up that school in Canada but replace women with supers.
>>
>>94647385
Probably not. Even as a kid, he seemed to be more interested in being seen as a star than helping people.
>>
>>94647906
Whoops meant for >>94646636

But what you're thinking of is the initial concept of Incredibles where Syndrome ambushes them while Vi's a baby. The "You married Elastigirl" scene was reused but any mention of Supers not being allowed to hook up was dropped.
>>
>>94630307
dr. willy
>>
Second part of >>94648257 is for >>94645316
>>
>>94633776
the MC shouldve been bakugou, trying to keep up with a rival that can suddenly surpass him totally
>>
>>94630145
Mr.Incredible could have been a little nicer about it but Buddy was actively putting himself and others in danger and sometimes kids need to be told to get out of the way.
>>
>>94648385
>the MC should have been the insufferable ass
It still baffles me someone with his attitude can get accepted into a hero school.
>>
>>94648440
Because the system is broken, and despite his attitude he does want to be a hero and help people, albeit not in a an All Might way
>>
>>94643834
>Do you actually have a different interpretation of a children's film than I do?
You need to get laid. So does everyone from Cracked.
>>
File: IMG_1329.jpg (168KB, 1500x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1329.jpg
168KB, 1500x750px
>>94642928
>destroys an entire city block and endangers the lives of thousands of people just so he can make a quick buck and be labeled as a hero
>b-but fascism!!!!!
It's hysterical because Cracked is pretty much full of the same sort of retards that Buddy was trying to win over with flat out lies and manipulation. What is wrong with liberals?
>>
>>94630145

Mister Incredible for not nurturing Buddy in the right way.
Buddy for not just releasing his technology to the public right away.
>>
>>94635675
Everyone in the setting are just mutants though
They all got "handed" powers
>>
>>94648500
He should have been expelled the second he intentionally dragged out his fight to hurt Deku. Given all the information teachers had about him at the start, there was enough to think that he'd end up going punisher on villains as a pro hero.
>>
>>94642928
Seanbaby is their only great columnist
>>
>>94645622
And other sources are saying it's about Violet and her family while Wikipedia says it starts immediately after the first movie ends. I'm not believing anything until a trailer is out.
>>
File: image.png (407KB, 1278x528px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
407KB, 1278x528px
Who was in the wrong here
>>
>>94645622
>Bob Parr (Mr. Incredible) is left to care for Jack-Jack while Helen (Elastigirl) is out saving the world

I don't think this makes sense given the universe they set up. Mr. Incredible is considered more powerful and more widely adored than Elastigirl. On top of this, between the two of them, Helen was more content raising a family and Bob was the one pining for heroics. There's no way the two of them would agree to this, unless for some reason Mr. Incredible got banned from being superhero again, but only him this time.
>>
File: no hope.png (75KB, 159x260px) Image search: [Google]
no hope.png
75KB, 159x260px
>>94630820
>we will never get anything like mid-2000s pixar again
>>
>>94640682
Tetsuo you mean?
>>
>>94650825
The wife for a few reasons:
1. They can reschedule dinner
2. Traffic will be terrible due to the streets being destroyed and hell, the restaurant itself might be destroyed
3. She'll probably die if she leaves the apartment
4. Why "put away" the super-suit when there's a secret panel in the wall specifically made to store it?
>>
>>94650825
what did he mean by this
is

frozone

dare

I

say

it

/our

guy/

i

love

tv

posting

soooooooo

much

way to go mods
>>
If I2 comes out and the characters aren't aged up 10-15 years, I'll be so disappointed.
>>
>>94651502
I swear there's at least one guy on /co/ that's like Barneyfag but for /tv/.
>>
>>94630145
If you watch the film again Incredible was literally only trying to protect Buddy from dying.

He was a busy guy, especially on that particular day, and he didn't have time for that kid's shit, even if it was somewhat impressive.

Buddy/Syndrome was nowhere near as competent as he thought he was. The running theme of "no capes" is displayed when Bomb Voyage puts a bomb on Buddy's cape and almost kills him. Incredible saved his ass in that situation and lost out on catching a serial criminal in the process. Exactly the kind of shit he didn't want to have to deal with.

Syndrome also fucks up immediately with his own plan later on in the film (when fighting his own robot), further displaying his own incompetence and inflated ego.

Interesting, also, in Syndrome's flashback when Incredible tells him to "fly home" he remembers it as Mr. Incredible telling him this while standing alone, before turning his back on him, when it reality he did it while in the middle of dealing with Bomb Voyage. Subtle details like that really bring out Syndrome's obvious insecurity and ego issues.

Also, the asshole killed dozens of supers just for to get Mr. Incredible's attention and to execute his shitty evil failure of a plan. He also had no problem with wiping out Incredible's whole family, including his children. I used to feel sorry for the guy, now I realize how unstable he was and how big of an asshole he was, as well.

TL;DR Syndrome is a psychopath and deserves 0 sympathy.
>>
>>94630145
Neither handled the situation particularly well, but the blame lied more with Buddy than Mr. Incredible.
>>
>>94651539
That's what I'm hoping for. I'm positive that they won't have Jack-Jack still be a baby in the sequel, at least.
>>
File: 1296657985294.jpg (13KB, 268x311px) Image search: [Google]
1296657985294.jpg
13KB, 268x311px
>>94632142

Well, the entire writing staff is female after all
You write what you know
>>
File: dr. no.jpg (68KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
dr. no.jpg
68KB, 853x480px
>>94640248
I loved the '60s Bond vibes this film gave off. I'm pretty sure they even ripped some of the music for it.
>>
>>94652063
No they did. Bird asked James Bond composer John Barry to do the score, they remixed his theme for On Her Majesty's Secret Service for the teaser trailer. He turned them down but Michael Giachino's score is the most John Barry score imaginable. Still some of Giachino's best work.
>>
>>94639980
Pixar's wanted to make the sequel since Incredibles came out, but Brad Bird's been refusing to make it until he had a script that he thought was genuinely, truly good enough to be as good or better than the first.
>>
>>94630550
Bob talks about not wanting a sidekick, so there's probably a few out there.
>>
>>94630226
Isn't that what he did though? I mean he wasn't completely retired. Just doing menial hero work
>>
>>94650825
>saving lives
>going to dinner

Hm, I wonder.
>>
>>94651204
Yeah name mix up but the point still stands that Tetsuo was the result of a broken stagnant post war society
>>
File: Toy_Story_Black_Friday_Reel.jpg (24KB, 540x360px) Image search: [Google]
Toy_Story_Black_Friday_Reel.jpg
24KB, 540x360px
>>94652495

and now it wont live up to hype.

well, cant be worse than the other pixar sequel that's coming
>>
>>94630226
So a modified Unbreakable?
>>
>>94630145
Both.
Mr. Incredible chose to be a public servant. He should have been more patient with Buddy and explained why he can't come with more clearly.
Buddy should have listened to Mr. Incredible.
>>
>>94630242
No, Mr. Incredible had only seen him at a fan club before.
>>
File: holy fucking shit.png (499KB, 509x393px) Image search: [Google]
holy fucking shit.png
499KB, 509x393px
>>94642928
>Cracked columnists are dumbshit retards

Holy fuck Sherlock, what a scoop!
>>
>>94643086
>>94643824

He already was an arms dealer.

>"See? Now you respect me, because I'm a threat. That's the way it works. Turns out there are lots of people, whole countries, that want respect, and will pay through the nose to get it. How do you think I got rich? I invented weapons...."

He just kept his best tech for himself personally, once he "Was old and had [his] fun", that was when he was going to sell off everything, with a high likelihood of the results you describe. His murderbots alone were immune to conventional weaponry, Sell one to Angryistan before their rivals get ahold of it and you've got a slaughter on your hands. Fuck, he had ICBMs as a delivery system. Every country that wants nukes would just start dumping money and women in his lap and say "stop when you think there's enough" just for that.

Or, in shorter tems, what >>94644370 and >>94644605 said
>>
Buddy was in the wrong. He let his aspergers syndrome get in the way of knowing how to be tactful.

But Mr. Incredible was the adult in the scenario, and should have handled things better. There's a reason why he's more sympathetic during the second act as well, after the lawsuit he was basically forced to live his life the same way he was expecting Buddy to.
>>
>>94646852
Bob and George reader right here.

Ain't nothing wrong with that, mind, just saying that the between-games lore is sticky. Best to avoid.
>>
>People think you suck because you don't have "super" powers
>Turns out you're a super genius that can invent weapons and technologies that emulate super powers
Super intelligence has to be the most OP power in fiction outside of reality warping, telekinesis, power canceling, and FTL speed. Characters with that kind of power can invent equipment that can match superpowers. How the hell is that not easily seen by people for its unlimited potential?

Humanity's Apex Predator status is solely due to the fact that we can invent weapons, tools, technology that can surpass our limitations that other animals have over us. Technology is the ultimate cheat sheet, and having a guy that can advanced humanity in that field by centuries makes him the ultimate cheator.
>>
>>94632160
>>
>>94631791
Gamma Jack would have gone full Magneto had Syndrome not killed him.
>>
>>94658627
nah, some really hot lady supervillain would've batted her eyelids at him and he'd be distracted enough to not dodge her death ray.
>>
>>94630188
Honestly, if Incredible wasn't such a sick to him he might've been more understanding. He's a kid, he needs to have shit told to him in bite sized way. Would it have been so terrible to tell him he needed training and that he would've been endangered if he had continued? Instead of taking 10 minutes to talk with one of his fans and reassuring him that when he got older he'd be an asset, he just berates and ignores him to satisfy his own ego and wants.
>>
>>94630242
No it wasn't. He barely remembered him from the fan club, not from him being meddling.
>>
>>94658921
He did. When Incredible finds Buddy has snuck into his car, he tells him that he's been nice previously, but Buddy can't keep doing this. We saw the last in a series of encounters where Buddy had worn down Mr. Incredible's last nerve and even then he didn't get really short until the encounter with Bomb Voyage. At that point, Buddy went from 'harmless annoyance' to 'interfering annoyance'.
>>
>>94644266
>God-man shown to not be omniscient
B T F O
>>
>>94630820
don't forget the implied adultery
>>
>save kid's life while saving others
>tell kid to go the fuck home away from the frog sticking bombs to his homemade cape
>dumb kid becomes murderer
>>
File: Flash-25-pg-23[1].jpg (282KB, 790x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Flash-25-pg-23[1].jpg
282KB, 790x1200px
>>94630145
>Buddy was a capeshit obsessed autist
>probably browsed /news/ which to us would be /co/
>Bob was cocky
>"I work alone"
>Bob told Buddy to fuck off
>Buddy gets his childhood ruined
>15 years later Bob learns the meaning of teamwork while Buddy spends years trying to gulag the supers
>gets fucked for wearing a cape
>Buddy never got to experience teaming up with his idol
>Bob gets to team up with is family instead.
>>
File: ku-xlarge[1].jpg (113KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
ku-xlarge[1].jpg
113KB, 640x360px
>>94630396
Maybe
>>
>>94662040
Didn't they cut a bit where Helen has a nightmare where a bunch of supermodels fawn over Bob's new hot bod?
>>
>>94630145

Buddy, but Mr. Incredible didn't let him down properly, should have told him that his ideas had potential but that a sidekick would hamper his crime fighting methods and he should be looking to make his name as a superhero not a sidekick.
>>
OP
>>
>>94662593
I don't remember the details of the dream, but they did cut it because they felt that dream sequences were the "duct tape of writing." They were right, dream sequences are lazy writing
>>
>>94658921
What? He couldn't have been nicer.
>>
>>94640737
>bring them to the level of powerless folk
you mean by killing them?
>>
>>94641109
No, and if it -had- to have been made, it should have been made within 5 years (preferably 3) of 1's release.
>>
>>94664719
Is there a film that's 90% dream sequences?
>>
>>94665875
The Waking Life
>>
>>94665875

Jacob's Ladder?
>>
>>94665875
Inception
>>
>>94640538
He still created the conditions for evil to exist, god could've easily made it so that evil as a concept just didn't exist, he's omnipotent after all.
He did this because he is a very vengeful God, Anon. He's all pissed off about something we did thousands of years ago. He just can't get over it, so he doesn't care who he takes. Children, puppies, it don't matter to him, so long as it makes us sad. Do you understand? look at it this way: if you want to make a baby cry, first you give it a lollipop. Then you take it away. If you never give it a lollipop to begin with, then you would have nothin' to cry about. That's like God, who gives us life and love and help just so that he can tear it all away and make us cry, so he can drink the sweet milk of our tears. You see, it's our tears, Anon, that give God his great power.
>>
>>94644170
Because removing choice is the same as removing free will you stupid faggot.
>>
>>94635479
As opposed to who?
Everyone else in the setting, who were born with their powers?
Captain America?
Superman?
>>
>>94666060
What an edgy retard. God doesnt get power from anything, He is and will always be what he does is give people choice because without choice he may as well have just left adam as a lump of clay. People have choice, they have infinite choices but rarely do they make the correct one, an infant doesn2t have a choice because it isnt fully formed yet, a better analogy is giving a full grown man a the concept of a taste of candy and seeing what he does.

Does he just sit down and starve? Does he hunt a bit and never have the candy again? Does he eat berries and call it candy? Does he get stung a thousand times in the crotch by angry bees to get honey for an even closer approximation? How far will he go after finding something divine?

Only idiots who would lay down and starve are the ones who see it as malevolence.
>>
>>94630272
There's something morbidly humorous about publicly executing a mime.
>>
File: close call.jpg (374KB, 942x1254px) Image search: [Google]
close call.jpg
374KB, 942x1254px
>>94666221
>not recognizing a classic speech
>bumbling on about how you're so glad god you the ability to starve to death even though he easily could've not done that

Here you go https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCuqR2l4Ztk
>>
>>94666493
Oh no, you posted a comic and a link to South Park, how will I ever recover my shattered faith.

Also:
>south park
>classic
>>
File: ardipithecus-ramidus-2a1.jpg (810KB, 1500x1125px) Image search: [Google]
ardipithecus-ramidus-2a1.jpg
810KB, 1500x1125px
>>94666515
I'm not trying to shake your faith anon, I know you'll never stop believing in Santa Clause. I'm just making fun of you and your weird mental gymnastics to excuse god's asshole behavior. You want to believe in him so bad, you'll just accept anything he does. Wether it's infecting children with deadly horrible painful diseases or crushing people in earthquakes or drowning 99.9% of all living beings on earth, you just wave it all away. It's fascinating to watch really. I mean I don't believe in God but if I did, I might have some reservations about him

South park is most definitely a classic, a /co/ classic at least.
>>
File: thank you.gif (1MB, 443x250px) Image search: [Google]
thank you.gif
1MB, 443x250px
>>94630157
>>94630188
>>
>>94666633
Existence is as much pain as other people make it, man being wolf to man and all that, but there is absolutly no reason for a higher being to care about other lifeforms that werent guided by him to self actualization. Evolution is real and more proof of a higher being tampering in this reality.
>>
>>94666691
>get crushed by a boulder during an earthquake
>starve to death because of a harsh drought
>Damn you man!
lol I can't believe you're serious
>>
>>94666763
>how terrible we live in a deathworld and no way to get up at all
>its almost like we aren't the dominant species
>how can we ever be
>time to lie down and just starve at the unfairness of it all
>>
>>94666691
>>94666763
Both of you forgot one thing.
Humanity was forced out of the garden of Eden to fend for itself. And sin was created and a whole bunch of other shit happened.

So basically, we're all fucked up.

Or you believe in evolution, survival of the fittest.
>>
>>94666786
>lol that's just like the way it is bro. Man up! accept god made us his bitch and designed a world for us to suffer in instead of a nice world where we don't suffer and suck his dick while doing it
I'm not saying life is completely terrible or too much effort, especially my life which is rather cushy in comparison to the vast majority of humans that have lived so far, but if god was truly good, he wouldn't force any person to go through all that shit, especially if he's omnipotent in which case he could've easily not make us live in a deathworld, which is obviously better than actually living in a deathworld. And that's not even talking about the concept of hell, which is completely retarded from an all knowing all loving god percpective
>time to lie down and just starve at the unfairness of it all
I mean there's nothing we can do to to prevent the unfairness of the universe, but that's no reason to make your own life extra miserable by starving to death on purpose, that's just retarded and nobody thinks that. Also living in an unfair shithole of a universe is no reason to jerk god off over, I don't understand why you think it is.

>>94666799
>He's all pissed off about something we did thousands of years ago. He just can't get over it, so he doesn't care who he takes.
Basically this
or this
>survival of the fittest.
>>
>>94645622
sniff sniff i smell Disney girrrl power all over thisa
>>
File: orelsmirk.jpg (18KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
orelsmirk.jpg
18KB, 210x240px
>>94666799
Thank goodness for our lord and savior, Jesus Christ.
>>
Buddy was obviously in the wrong but if the movie was smarter I don't think he would have become a criminal mastermind over this one bad experience decades later.
>>
>>94666877
Well you know, we're all impure.
>>94666883
Kek
>>
I just think the dumbest part of this movie is "if everybody's special then nobody is" because yeah, what makes the sports industry interesting is people have limits, and if these OP superheros become athletes then they need their own brackets.
>>
>>94666953
Exactly as he made us
>>
>>94667037
That was before the garden of eden.
After it tho... That is when we became impure, personally.
>>
>>94631163
Batman's Robins die all the time.
DC leaves the possibility for them to get better, does the Incredible's universe?
>>
>>94644266
why doesn't god man just magic himself out from under the rock?
>>
>>94643726
Fun fact: It is pretty common that fat people outright falsify their permits and stickers just to be able to use those spots. Not even kidding.

They are usually caught when trying to bitch at "thin" people without obvious (and/or temporary) disabilities since that usually ends in a "both show your permits" situation where they either all of a sudden try to slink away or basically fuck themselves over.

Not to say there aren't fat people that need em, but much less then people think and nowhere near as entitled.
Thread posts: 354
Thread images: 49

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.