[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Good Marvel comics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

Well Marvel at the moment isn't doing so hot. Lets list older good Marvel runs to remind ourselves what used to be.

Guess I will start off with the classics:

Lee and Kirby Fantastic Four,

Steranko SHIELD,

Lee and Ditko Amazing Spiderman,

Lee and Romita Amazing Spiderman,

Conway Amazing Spiderman,

Kirby Thor,

Simonson's Thor,

Claremont's First Uncanny X-men Run,
>>
>>94624049
mini series and one shots are welcome too.

>Silver surfer requiem,

>Spiderman vs Wolverine graphic novel, probably the best one shot story I've read in comics

>Grunewald Squadron Supreme

>Hickman's Fantastic Four

>Morrison's New X-men (controversial hey, but plenty of people loved it)

>Whedon's Astonishing X-men (Another controversial pick on co but also loved by many)

>Kelly's Deadpool

>Byrne's Fantastic Four

>Roy Thomas Avengers

>Roger Stern's Avengers

>PAD's earlier spiderman work

>Stern's Amazing Spiderman run

>Stern's hobgoblin lives mini

>Remender's Uncanny X-force

>Stern's Hobgoblin Lives mini
>>
>>94624136
>Tomb of Dracula (must pick for Blade and horror fans)

>Captain Britain and the M13 (Cult classic)

>Moore's Captain Britain

>Simonson's New Mutants

>JMS Amazing Spidey (if you ignore sins past and morlun)

>Hickman's SHIELD (I personally like the concepts but hate the characters)

>Hickman's Secret Warriors

>Gage's Avengers Academy (not bad)

>Young Avengers upto children's crusade

>First two volumes of Runaways

>Simone's Deadpool

>Simone's Agent X
>>
>>94624205

>JMS Thor

>Gillen's Journey into Mystery featuring Kid Loki as a main character

>Ewing's Loki Agent of Asgard

>Ewing's Mighty Avengers

>Ewing's New Avengers

>Ewing's Contest of Champions

>Bendis Ultimate Spiderman (not miles)

>Ewings Ultimates (I can't shill hard enough)

>Busiek's Avengers

>JLA/Avengers crossover mini series (probably the best thing ever done)

>Waid's Fantastic Four (Apparently it was so good that there was backlash by FFans when Waid was removed from the book. co may disagree)

>New X-men Academy X (X-kids having fun before Yost takes over and kills everyone)

>Lui's X-23 solo (Broke up Julian OTP but also created the Jubilee OTP)

>District X

>X-static (dead girl is the best)

>Ellis Nextwave: agent of hate

>Frank Miller's daredevil run

>Miller's DD born again

>Claremont's wolverine mini
>>
>>94624049
> USM up to ultimatum cause every story went downhill from there.
> 90s Spider-Man up to clone saga because, again, everything went downhill from there.
>>
>>94624296
>ENTIRETY of DnA cosmic from Annhilation to Thanos Imperative

>The original Sentry Mini

>X-23 Innocent Lost by Yost

>X-23 Target Lost

>Daken Dark Wolverine

>Duggan's current Deadpool isn't bad either
>>
>>94624314
I would argue Spidey upto Carnage's first appearance because after that you had the peters-parents-are-alive-but-not-really-because-they-are-actually-robots-story.

Also anyone have any good Ghost rider reccs?
>>
>>94624049
Master of Kung Fu
DNA cosmic
AoA
Goodwin Star Wars
Valintino Gotg
Kirby Cap in ToS
Kirby Cap and the Falcon from the 70's, especially Madbomb!
Claremont/Cockrum/Byrne Uncanny
New mutans-X-Force
Stern Avengers
Stern Spider-Man
Infinity Gauntlet and the Silver Surfer
>>
>>94624296
Is discussion welcome, OP?
not to offend, I don't think Buisick Avengers is all that great, friends.
The first arc is great, but after that there are way, way, way too many story interrupting "gotta fix wanda or whatever" retcons. And the Triune subplot is dragged out for far, far longer than its shelf life. Also worst Vance Astro.
And there is never any rason good enough to reference Avengers 200. EVER.
>>
>>94624536
Discussion is welcome, and yeah I guess I can see where you are coming from. Most critically acclaimed modern marvel runs like that have some fault or another. But I doubt its really Busiek's fault. I mean I personally hated whenever he used Libra.

The old classics on the other hand rarely seem to be that bad since they are doing most of the world building of the Marvel Universe.

I loved his Kang Dynasty, ultron unlimited and other stories. Hell the epic hand to hand beat down Cap gives Kang is probably one of the top 10 marvel fights in my honest opinion.

Yes it had faults but they easily outweigh the bad stuff.

>Busiek's Avengers forever mini (best kang story ever and also the most coherrent)

>Englehart's Avengers (fucking hate his Celestial Madonna bullshit but he has some good gems and a lot of people enjoy his run)

>Englehart's FF, probably the last good FF run before the 90s fuck it over for a decade. This is my personal opinion of course because I know some people like Defalco's run, which is just inconsistent as fuck.
>>
>>94624758
>Yes it had faults but they easily outweigh the bad stuff.

I meant the good easily outweigh's the bad stuff

>Classic Ditko Dr Strange

>Bendis New Avengers (stop reading after siege)

>Avengers the initiative

>West Coast Avengers (had Hank Pym Action Scientist, my fave incarnation of the character)
>>
>>94624801

>Claremont's Ms Marvel

>Kamala's Ms Marvel until Secret Wars

>Starlin Captain Marvel

>Death of Captain Marvel

>Busiek's Marvels mini (basically the Kingdom Come of Marvel, whereas KC focused on the future Marvels celebrated the past)

>Englehart's Dr Strange (Starting from Marvel premiere before becoming its own ongoing; he introduced Shuma Gorath, Benjamin Franklin affair and killed the ancient one)
>>
>>94624438
>Kirby Cap and the Falcon from the 70's, especially Madbomb
My man! I loved The Swine and Arnim Zola.
Conway Run on Cap is great
And Englehearts Captain America is good too
Bill Mantlo On Hulk as well as Peter David's run are fantastic too.
>>
I'd put Spider-man: Blue up there.
>>
File: Morlun-01.png (648KB, 414x611px) Image search: [Google]
Morlun-01.png
648KB, 414x611px
>>94624205
JMS Spidey was good shit. There was nothing wrong with Morlun's first appearance.
>>
The entire Marvel Adventures line, but Avengers and Tobin's Spider-Man in particular.
>>
>>94624758
>late responsd, got called away
I honestly couldn't get through Avengers Forever. The retcons got beyond my ability to deal with and I just started skimming.
Also Busick makes Stan Lee look terse.
I can't stand Carol outside of Uncanny X-Men and her reeturn to the team after her ousting breaks my SoD.
I agree that a lot of it is probably not Busick's fault, though. The Avengers is a unholy clusterfuck of a franchise.
Celestial madonna put me off Englert fiveever.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.