[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are your opinions on this show? I frequently babysit my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_2342.png (71KB, 360x170px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2342.png
71KB, 360x170px
What are your opinions on this show? I frequently babysit my nephew and he loves it, I'd say it's ok besides all the gaping plotholes
>>
File: Fuli.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Fuli.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>94616560
It's one of the few 22 minute cartoons on television, which I like. I mean, even Adventure Time and Regular Show were stuck to 11 minutes. The Lion Guard, sadly, doesn't do a whole lot with that extra time. There's always a stupid song, and most of the plots boil down to the same base element.s

Season two is introducing proper continuity. Season one had characters show up again, but no plots connected to one another. Season two has an ongoing storyline, but it's kind of a stupid storyline with Scar's ghost returning and wanting to rule the Pride Lands again.

Fuli and Ono are the best main characters. Tiifu and Zuri are the best side characters. ReiRei and whatever Steve Blum's leopard was called are the best villains.
>>
>>94616560
That's its main problem, actually. There aren't enough gaping holes in the show.
>>
>>94617917
Some of the ships in this show I both hate and love
>>
If little kids like it, then good for them. I fear that the Lion Guard's very simplistic presentation of the outland carnivores always being the enemy, no matter what they do or try, just doesn't stick up to the message of the circle of life. Especially since the Lion Guard itself has two carnivores in their team, who are never shown to be eating meat.
That makes it too easy to make the heroes infallible despite actually sharing the negative trait of being part of the same group like the designated enemy.
That's why I doubt that older people are able to enjoy the Lion Guard.
>>
>>94619678
Also, often times the Lion Guard is tasked with protecting herbivores from new predators. I understand that new carnivores could throw off the Circle of Life, but they make no mention as to the carnivores actually eating. In the original film they at least referred to them eating the gazelle, and lionesses are shown hunting in both films
>>
I want Kion and Jasiri to get together and usher in a new era of peace between lions and hyenas.
>>
>>94616560
It's poop.
>>
>>94619678
Well it is a Disney Jr show; they can't really show that kind of stuff.
Even in the pilot movie they can only talk about Janja's blatant disregard for the circle of life as evidenced by his mass slaughter of far more gazelle than he and his clan could ever possibly eat happening off screen.
>>
>>94616560
it's ok. don't recall much of the video sequels so i have no idea how much plotholes it would do.

since continuity is one of the biggest complaints about this show, how does it compare to other movie-tv (sequel/prequel) shows from disney?
>>
File: IMG_3940.png (2MB, 1920x1090px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3940.png
2MB, 1920x1090px
>>94621290
I mean, Lion Guard is happening a little bit into Lion King 2, so there is currently not any explanation for why Simba's other kid wouldn't be mentioned at all.
It probably won't because it's just not set in that timeframe.
All they explained is that Simba exiled Zira's clan from the pride lands due to conflict about right of succession and then Kion exiled Zira's clan from the outlands to protect the hyenas from them.
>>
>>94621515
I'm used to transformers micro-continuities (x is faithful to a point then veers off into it's own) so that sort of stuff doesn't really bother me.

though i keep encountering theories of "bad ending" for the Lion Guard (the team as a whole) to explain their absence in LK2 but since they introduced new territories (like the one with the leopard) they could do a "the lion guard moved to another territory" conclusion.

so other than the hyraxes been eaten by the jackals (aardwolf episode), any other off-screen deaths in the show?
>>
>>94619861
They reference it. Just not often. Zuri, for example, says she hates the taste of gazelle and refers to them as hyena food. Presumably, she likes to eat zebra or other animals. References to them hunting/killing are rare, but they are there.
>>
>>94621515
Not to mention that Kovu says that he's already met with Kiara, an event that takes place while they're living in the termite mounds. However at the end of the episode they land at the mounds, to which Nyla asks "Where are we?" followed by Zira replying "Our new home"
>>
I just realized they changed the intro to add Scar to it. I guess that's interesting. I like it when shows change the intro to reflect what's going on in a new season.
>>
What is even the audience for this show? I'd assumed it was a pre-school thing, but I watched a few recent episodes and it feels like it's trying to be a bit more ambitious than that, but not quite bold enough to match up to the vibe of the actual Lion King movie, or even the sequels. It feels like a show that's just confused.
>>
File: cheetah laugh.jpg (75KB, 468x701px) Image search: [Google]
cheetah laugh.jpg
75KB, 468x701px
>>94619875

>kion is the bottom
>>
>>94626821
I would still say pre-school. In the end, it's still just a simple good vs. evil story, with good pridelanders beating up the evil outlanders.
Because whatever the outlanders do, it's always wrong and evil, period.
At least the vultures are funny.
>>
>>94626821
It's written like a TV-Y7 cartoon, but officially, it's a preschool cartoon. They sell diapers and shit with the characters on them.

It does seem to suffer from an identity crisis. Most people refuse to watch it because it's preschool, but I wouldn't be watching it if it were Dora the Explorer tier.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.