[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Worst Batman cartoon EVER!!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: The Batman.jpg (36KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
The Batman.jpg
36KB, 480x360px
Worst Batman cartoon EVER!!
>>
>>94609930
You misspelled "best" there. It happens.
>>
>>94609930

This show's biggest problem is that it was the first non-DCAU animated portrayal of Batman since 1992.
It also didn't help that we still had that version of Batman kicking around in Justice League, which premiered only a few months prior.
It was different than what we were accustomed to for over a decade and plenty of us turned our noses up at it.

Going back and watching it now, it holds up pretty goddamn well without the shadow of the DCAU constantly looming over it like a judgemental father who wants you to be as great as he is, but constantly voices his displeasure over every tiny mistake.
>>
Be careful, you're gonna summon TheBatmanfag
>>
I loved this show. Was my first proper exposure to Batman, I must have been 9-10 years old.
Fond memories of it, still remember the voice actors' voices and the opening themes were catchy as fuck.
It's probably all nostalgia but I love it.
>>
>>94609930
No. The Batman gave us a really good Barbara Gordon AND Oracle. The fighting scenes were amazing. Their Poison Ivy was adorable! Seeing more of "Dad" Jim Gordon was great! Dick Grayson was cute too. Black Mask was actually kind of cool??? Some fun original villains... You're just hating, anon.
>>
>>94610143
Too late: >>94609954
>>
DAVE was a GOAT episode
>>
>>94609930
That's not Beware The Batman.
>>
>>94610592
And GUCM was the DAVE episode.

Sorry, couldn't resist.
>>
>>94609930
It was ok, but nothing special. It messed up a lot of villains like Mr. Freeze and Bane, but it did some cool things like D.A.V.E (one of the best of the non-comic Batman villains) and their Joker (weak design but good dialogue).

I also liked the dynamic of Batgirl and Robin, and how it differentiated them between a trained son figure and an outside girl trying to keep up.
>>
>>94610670
Bane's intro episode was GOAT, though.
>>
The Batman Vs. Dracula was a pretty GOAT movie.
>>
>>94610736
He was a generic mercenary. The show wasted the character even more than the DCAU did.
>>
>>94610858
But he was the only villain who posed anywhere near that level of pure physical threat. Seeing Batman nearly get hospitalized, in the second episode no less, is just fucking insane.
>>
>>94609930
Worse than HB Batman?
>>
>>94610614
What a weird way of spelling Filmation Batman.
>>
>>94610917
And he jobbed in just about every other appearence. That was just an inexperienced batman, it was like his second supervillain fiht ever. Besides, Bane is supposed to match Batman's brains. He's not just some hired muscle.
>>
File: 1080525.jpg (98KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1080525.jpg
98KB, 640x640px
>>94609930
SHUT UP
>>94609606
SHUT UP
SHUT UP
>>
>>94611092
There is no "supposed to" for characters who have been adapted over and over again, they can be freely changed to suit the series. Also, Batman had already been working for 3 years according to the first episode.

But I agree with you on the later appearances, I'm saying that his intro ep is still fucking awesome.
>>
>>94611255
>Batman had already been working for 3 years according to the first episode.
Dismantling regular organized crime. Joker in the first episode was the very first "supervillain" Batman fought, and Bane was the second.

>There is no "supposed to" for characters who have been adapted over and over again, they can be freely changed to suit the series.
Fine, maybe I am just going NOT MUH over it. But I stand by that turning Bane from a physically imposing criminal mastermind to a super-thug was just a downgrade.
>>
My biggest problem was side characters disappeared. The Police Chief and Yin, Batgirl appeared less when Robin showed up, then Batgirl and Robin basically just sat in the Batcave when the JL came if I remember right.

Also Tom Kenny Penguin was GOAT and the Dracula movie was awesome.
>>
>>94609930
It's the worst post-B:TAS show, but even then, it's not awful. It's just kinda bland and boring. Most of "changes" to make it stand out from B:TAS seemed arbitrary and made more for the sake of making changes. It didn't benefit from a more generic Mr. Freeze, kung-fu Penguin, barefoot Joker, etc.

Worse, the few changes that actually worked, like the first Clayface or Yin's involvement, were done away to be more "traditional".

Joker and Penguin were also in WAY too many episodes, and they were by far the most boring villains in the series. We got decent takes on Riddler, Maxie Zeus, Spellbinder, Black Mask, Hugo Strange, Poison Ivy, etc., but they kept always cycling back to Joker and Penguin stories. The Batman Strikes! at least gave the lesser-used villains some more use.
>>
>>94611700
The cops yes, but both Batgirl and Robin were very much present even throughout season 5.
>>
>>94609930
literally pleb filter: the cartoon
congratulations on your shit taste
>>
>>94610053
I always thought it was too shallow, like the show never wanted to emotionally invest in anything or get too serious but at the same time didn't want to be the light and fun version of batman either. None of the fights felt like they mattered and nothing ever had any emotional weight too it, even when Robin's parents died he was over it in like five minutes.
>>
>>94609930
Correct.
>>
File: 17.jpg (68KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
17.jpg
68KB, 640x480px
Marilyn Manson Riddler
>>
>>94612087
>generic Mr Freeze

Generic Mr Freeze would be if it was the same goddamned Nora story every time he showed up. I'm glad they didn't copy the Animated Series in that regard. Heart of Ice was great, no need to keep redoing it.
>>
>>94609930
I grew up with The Batman

I never saw any issue besides rasta joker

It was cool, dark, and intriguing
>>
What the hell is with these autistic OPs? Did I miss something?
>>
>>94613254
I wasn't talking about in comparison to any other versions. He was a generic, boring villain by himself.
>>
>>94612132
Batgirl was barely in the show. She showed up in two episodes, plus the finale in season five. Robin was everywhere in that season.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.