[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was this movie so good? Theatrical too.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 207
Thread images: 15

Why was this movie so good? Theatrical too.
>>
>>94606102

Why has /co become over run with idiotic bait threads? Stupid power level battles, too.
>>
>>94608526
No idea. I just wanted a good old fashioned BvS thread.
>>
BvS is one of my favorite movies and I'm writing a massive textual analysis of it.
>>
File: ItsGood.png (267KB, 262x403px) Image search: [Google]
ItsGood.png
267KB, 262x403px
>>94606102
I liked this move for a lot of reasons.

It showed how hard it can be to do the most possible good and how in the process of trying to do so we might mess up, but thats okay as long as we keep trying to do good and never give up in the long run.

It actually portaryed every character having different sets of information based on who they are and the means at their disposal. I really hate stories where basically every main character has more or less the same amount of information because its easier to write it that way.

I like that it explored how our past experiences can color our perception of current events and that it can be really hard to try and see things from someone else's perspective.
I like that it continued all of the themes from MoS. Pa Kent & Clark's parallel struggles in trying to do the most possible good and accepting the unintended consequences there of. The after effects of MoS' "first contact." How every villain views themselves as the hero of their own story.

Its a good movie.
>>
File: Goodtimeline.png (2MB, 1256x711px) Image search: [Google]
Goodtimeline.png
2MB, 1256x711px
>>94609887
I also think its awesome that they werent afraid to go full COMICS and give us alternate futures and time travel effecting the middle of the story a la CoIE
>>
>>94606102
>>94609498
>>94609530
>>94609948

There are shills among us.
>>
File: Reeeeeee.png (961KB, 738x567px) Image search: [Google]
Reeeeeee.png
961KB, 738x567px
>>94610022
>REEEE HOW DARE YOU LIKE SOMETHING I DON'T

You were a mistake.
>>
>>94609530
I wanted to do that but I never saw Excalibur and I don't have knowledge about art history so I think my analysis would fall short.
>>
>>94609887
>It actually portaryed every character having different sets of information based on who they are and the means at their disposal. I really hate stories where basically every main character has more or less the same amount of information because its easier to write it that way.

I thought that was great too. Instead of having some boring omniscience as though the characters already read the script or were watching with the audience, each character had limited knowledge and made decisions based on that knowledge. A lot of people were complaining about the Lois bullet plot, but that was an integral part of the story from her point of view. If she was able to prove that the US government hired mercenaries to escalate the conflict and blame Superman (as opposed to the narrative that was fabricated by Lex that Superman caused the escalation), then she would have been able to clear Superman's name.
>>
Lots of lead in the water.
>>
>>94611292
Yeah exactly, glad you agree
>>
>>94609948
Dont you mean alternate dream future and timelines?
>>
>>94610181
Not the some poster but watch Excalibur; it's great and is very informative on Batman v Superman.

I love Batman v Superman for its sincerity, and made me get Superman as the personification of optimism.
>>
Where is Superman's best pal Jimmy Olsen?
>>
>>94610022
DC fans on /co/ and /tv/ are so hypocritcal. They spam threads like this, then make more threads with the logic "THERE ARE SO MANY DC THREADS, THAT MEANS DC MOVIES ARE GOOD AND MARVEL MOVIES ARE NOT GOOD BECAUSE THERE ARE WAYYY MORE DC THREADS THAN MARVEL THREADS"

Well no shit, when your mission is to spam DC threads, there are going to be more. The hypocrisy comes in when a pro-Marvel or thread comes up, and then DC fans quickly denounce them as "Marvel shills".

Yet when DC spams threads, by some logic, they are not shills.

Annoying DC fans have made me hate DC movies, and I didn't even have a side in these retarded console wars.
>>
>>94610068
>liking shit flicks

No, you.
>>
>>94613270
>all these strawmen and NO YOUS!
>>
Because it was directed like a movie and not like a television episode, engaged with its subject matter on more than just a surface level, was conscious of the sociopolitical climate of the time we live in, wasn't afraid to be different and offer its own interpretation of things and had some actual artistic integrity to it.
>>
>>94613270
I honestly think the DC fanbase is worse than the Sonic fanbase
>>
>>94616348
I agree with this post completely.
>conscious of the sociopolitical climate of the time we live in
It was a bit too eerily accurate. A wealthy guy behind the scenes pulling strings to make good guys look bad and the fake news media buying it and expanding it to a huge degree. Not to mention the Africa scene, among many others.
>>
>>94613270
>>94616947

These

At least the sonic fandom doesn't defend the worst of their titles and doesn't deflect criticism by posting about how Snyder uses basic, surface level bible imagery and that makes it good
>>
>>94613270
>>94616947
>>94619237

Even when they get thrown a bone like Wonder Woman they have no clue how to handle it since they've thrived for so long playing the victim/intellectual kino connoisseur card. Hell, they're still bragging about how much money Skwad made or its superfluous Oscar despite being a terrible movie that even the most devoted DCEU fan won't defend watching more than once sober.

There simply is no logic to their mind set or brand mentality because their arguments adhere to no constants or observable standards. It's purely whatever goal post with wheels and cinder block on the gas they can come up with after the fact.

It's to the point now where it's not even Marvel vs DC, it's DC vs everyone because anyone who isn't them is obviously a mouseketeer Disney Shill.
>>
>>94606102
>>
>>94619237
>>94620522
>implying BvS was bad
Still no coherent arguments from you people. All you do is spam "Martha" as if it were a bad scene.
>>
Movie was pretty fun, not everything made sense but it was a fun watch, especially the Batman fight scenes.
>>
>>94608526
/co/ is filled with teenagers, so that comes with a childish obsession with fictional fights and an insecure level of maturity that they actually think BvS is good and feel the need to make threads like this
>>
>>94622546
Still no coherent arguments from you people. All you do ignore all logic and insist BvS wasn't shit.
>>
>>94623034
I can't wait until someone starts talking about how MARTHA was actually a deep and intelligent moment
>>
>>94616056
>> No True Scotsman

BvS fans are not real DC fans
>>
>>94623072
>>We didn't misunderstand, we got it, it was still fucking stupid

Covers most arguments with these people
>>
>>94622976
>>94623034
>>94623072
>>94623107
>>94623124
>post count didn't go up even by one
Really makes you think.
>>
>>94623153
congrats you got one (you) from me, what is your next step in your master plan?
>>
>>94623153
What? It did.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2017-08-11-09h53m45s421.png (959KB, 1920x802px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-08-11-09h53m45s421.png
959KB, 1920x802px
>>
>>94606102
I waited until the director cut to watch BvS. True capekino, I unironically think Marvel movies are just flicks in comparison.
>>
>>94624144
I wonder what went through his head.
>>
>>94622594
What were some things that confused you? Maybe I can help clear them up.
>>
>>94612784
Remember the secret agent from the africa scene in BvS? The one who got shot in the fucking head?
Yeah, that was him, no joke.
>>
>>94624290
> "Must retrieve the ring from Frodo!"
>>
But you guys don't need to pretend to like this anymore now that you have Wonderwoman.
>>
File: joker money.jpg (29KB, 410x300px) Image search: [Google]
joker money.jpg
29KB, 410x300px
>>94606102
/co/ deserves a better class of bait.
>>
>>94606102
I should probably get around to watching the ultimate edition, I didn't really like the theatrical cut
>>
It was directed by Zack Snyder, why wouldn't you expect it to be incredible? Anybody that had a hand in Wonder Woman and has worked with patty jenkins probably has a solid back log of amazing little passion projects like this.
>>
File: 1502516381833.jpg (50KB, 582x600px) Image search: [Google]
1502516381833.jpg
50KB, 582x600px
>>94627566
>>
>>94627566
And if Skwad hadn't sucked balls I'm sure you'd all be trying to give him credit for that too.
>>
Jesse Eisenberg as Lex was a mistake
>>
>>94627745
No mate, he was one of the best things about it.
>>
>>94627781
Piss Jars all the way, they're like Superman's Kryptonite
>>
>>94627814
Why are you pretending that that was a bad scene?
>>
>>94627836
How wasn't it?
>>
>>94627836
the children around here don't seem to think saying something with "lol" next to it means it was terrible.

There really isn't any other reason given besides "dude, piss LMAO"
>>
>>94606102
/tv/, you're drunk. Go Home.
>>
>>94627863
how was it a bad scene?
>>
I just hope Justice League doesnt flop
>>
>>94627869
Back to /tv/ with your contrarianism aesthetic.
>>
>>94616348
And even with all of that going for it, the movie turned out shit.
>>
>>94627863
It had the proper amount of tension and build up and was a call back to a previous scene. It showed off Lex's character in how he was able to get vengeance in a petty, yet flashy, manner. But as this guy said
>>94627897
You have to prove your own argument.
>>
>>94627908
After BvS's disappointing reception with fans, moviegoers and critics as well as it's box office under-performance there's plenty to worry about. But people seem to love cape films these days since they seem to be the only genre of movie that is doing well in 2017.

If it flops, then that'll just be more fodder for the kino elitist to act like it's some misunderstood cinematic litmus test of true intelligence.

If it succeeds, then it doesn't matter if it was a good movie or not, because it made money and other people liked it and those bragging rights are worth more than a movie actually being what they wanted (Skwad).

I'm personally hoping for a 15 minutes cgi fight scene between Superchrist and a Pissjar powered up Darkseid.
>>
File: 1462783032560.jpg (1MB, 1400x1338px) Image search: [Google]
1462783032560.jpg
1MB, 1400x1338px
>>94627979
>>
>>94628022
>tfw you will never be in the middle of a batfleck and cavil sandwich
why live
>>
Damn. You guys are great. I mean it. Keep up the good job.
>>
>>94627979
You're the one making the argument it is a bad scene. Anon, not me, asked the question of you, which you dodged.

So prove your point.
>>
ITT: People who are unable recognize the limitations of their own intelligence and personal tastes who mistake ham-fisted symbolism and superfluous allegory for genius directing and color muted high saturation slow motion sequences for masterful cinematography.

The same kind of people who assume anything that makes their brain struggle to grasp its complexity is automatically on the same level as anything else capable of doing so. The same mentality that leads sub-normers to lump try-hard plebeian efforts like the Matrix sequels, Cloud Atlas, Watchmen or Batman vs Superman in with genuine thought provoking masterpieces such as 2001: A Space Odyssey or Blade Runner.
>>
>>94623107
you literally just put a no true scotsman in your fucking post you stupid idiot, and nothing in the post you replied to had a no true scotsman in it.

god you are dumb
>>
>>94618792
a wealthy redhead at that
>>
>>94627970
nah
>>
>>94627707
but Snyder had almost nothing to do with Skwad except for directing that one shot with the Flash in it. Why are you so dumb? Snyder had kept the WW movie alive for years as WB wanted to get rid of the project. And Snyder wrote the story for it too and made sure they kept Trevor in it.
>>
>>94627910
why do you get so mad that people liked something you didnt? Are you this insecure?
>>
>>94628094
You tard, The guy you are replying to argues its a good scene and even puts his argument IN the post

>It had the proper amount of tension and build up and was a call back to a previous scene. It showed off Lex's character in how he was able to get vengeance in a petty, yet flashy, manner. But as this guy said
>>
>>94628316
>all this strawman

its really sad how all your BvS haters do is make up strawmen to argue against.
>>
>>94627863
>>94627814
>dumb anon can't even actually explain why its a bad scene

you stupid child
>>
Normally I couldn't give less of a shit if I disagreed with someone about a movie

But the fact that DCEU fanboys act all smug and like they are smarter than everyone else for liking a fucking movie where a guy dressed as a bat fights a man in tights

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

B V S is a movie by dumb people, for dumb people to think the movie and themselves are smarter than they really are
>>
>>94629158
>But the fact that DCEU fanboys act all smug

Where do you see that? Even if one did that, why would you let a single person color your whole perception of an entire fanbase?
>>
>>94628316
>who mistake ham-fisted symbolism and superfluous allegory

But
>>94616348
>>94611292
>>94609948
>>94609887

don't say anything aboyt religious symbolism or allegory at all you stupid strawmanning shill
>>
>>94613270
>how dare you make a thread to discuss something you like!!!

thats how brain dead you sound
>>
Can we discuss the scenes we liked from the movie?Or would that be shilling.
>>
I hate this movie because /co/ won't shut the fuck up about it
>>
>>94606102
>(You)
>>
>>94629392
Go ahead, ignore the idiots who cant handle people like a movie they dont
>>
>>94629405
thats dumb, just turn off your computer or go to a different site nigga. Do you not have a life outside of /co/?
>>
File: LookAtThisIdiot.jpg (39KB, 620x450px) Image search: [Google]
LookAtThisIdiot.jpg
39KB, 620x450px
>>94629416
>>94620546
>If I don't like it, its bait

I want the summer children to leave, you guys look so dumb
>>
>>94616947
dont put us in the same fucking boat as /tv/fags
>>
>>94629352
>Implying he/she was talking about those specific people
Self-centered autist detected
>>
>>94606102
The Dunning-Kruger effect.
>>
>>94629459
>(You)
>>
>>94629505
God you are so retarded, how do you live with yourself? How am I self-centered if I am talking about anons that arent me? And how is that person not retarded for making up strawmen that have nothing to do with the posters in this thread? And further, why defend someone who is blatantly wrong if it just makes you look retarded?
>>
>>94629566
>(You)
>>
>>94629482
>>94623107

Why are you fags always pushing this no true scotasman and "only /tv/ fags could like it!" narrative? Its pathetic. I have been collecting and reading DC comics since I was a child, and inhereted a huge collection of golden to bronze age floppies from my dad that I love. I have read and cherish DC comics older than anyone on this site, and love never talked about shit like DC's Solo series.

Whats more, I love the comics medium as a whole, having read Scott McCloud's Understanding Comics, Marvel Comics' The Untold Story, old Eisner comics, absurdist french comics, franco-belgin comics, etc. the list goes on.
And I love BvS, I think its great. Stop being so small minded and making up boogeymen just so "your secret /co/ club" can seem like a hivemind that agrees with you.
>>
>>94629534
This
>>
>>94629641
>"I'm not from TV!!!"
>makes the same wall of text as /tv/stans
>>
The biggest problem with the movie is that the plot depends on Batman and Superman acting like the biggest fucking morons. This plot would be totally solved if they talked to each other instead of immediately threatening each other. Not to mention the ridiculously contrived Martha scene. Not to mention that all their grievances with each other still exist even after that moment but ignore them. Not to mention Superman is still an angst ridden dickhead who refuses to even tell people why he wants to be Superman.

I want to like this movie because there are compelling ideas, but there's too many things to dislike about it.
>>
>>94629698
> the plot depends on Batman and Superman acting like the biggest fucking morons

Not really, they both act exactly like they should/would with the information they have and the circumstances they find themselves in.

>This plot would be totally solved if they talked to each other

But they had no reason to ever do that. In fact one of comics oldest tropes is heroes fighting each other upon first contact and NOT talking it out until after.
>>
>>94629698
>Not to mention that all their grievances with each other still exist even after that moment but ignore them.

They really don't seeing as how their real problems with each other is that they each just dont trust the other to not over step their bounds-- and ever instance of them "over stepping their bounds" or being the cause of trouble was orchestrated by Luthor ultimately.
>>
>people complain that the movie sets up the fight just cuz
>comics do the same forever.
>>
>>94629877
I dont even think its just cuz, it seems like a pretty reasonable follow up/response to MoS-- both Batman's anger and Lex's manipulation of it.
>>
>>94629910
comic readers complain that their character would never do that. They would talk it out like adults.

People forget shit like spiderman crashing the Human torch's party because he wanted to REEE
>>
>>94630069
oh yeah for sure, I agree most people are dumb when it comes it their hate for this movie
>>
>>94629764
Not true at all. Batman resents Superman for all the destructions he's caused and for what's he's capable of. Superman dislikes Batman flat out for being a vigilante that hurts people.
>>
>>94630214
Not really.

Batman thinks Superman will ultimately cause more trouble than good in the long run. The catalyst for this though is the battle of metropolis of course, which one could blame Superman for in a twisted sense (though it was Zod's actions that caused the destruction and Zod's motives). And Batman does end up buying into this twisted blame because him projecting his own failures onto Superman. Batman's crusade against crime created villains caused the death of a robin--if a mere mortal like Batman could cause such unintended consequences, imagine the unintended consequences Superman could cause!

This is the basic idea of why Batman hates Superman, coupled with Batman only seeing Superman as an alien god-figure--he doesnt think Superman has any human connections or a human side at all, he doesnt think Superman lives among the people. And if Batman can't even trust himself to be a hero, imagine how little he can trust Superman, the detatched alien, to be one too!

Superman distrusts Batman for kind of the same core reason but coming from the other side of it. He views Batman as being judge, jury, and executioner and thinks that if he himself, Superman, could cause such unintended consequences like the battle of metropolis while being a hero, and with all his power still have to kill someone like Zod, imagine the unintended consequences Batman could cause--especially if he is delivering his own punishments (in the form of the bat-brands that led to the criminals being executed).

But really, the "evidence" they each gather to support their grudges against each other (the bombing of the senate, the bat-brand executions in prison, Wally "rejecting" the checks, Batman becoming more desperate, the Africa incident, etc.) were all orchestrated by Luthor.
Once they realize that they are both just normal dudes trying to do the best possible good with what they got, they also realize they have to help each other.
>>
File: Zacked.jpg (72KB, 279x293px) Image search: [Google]
Zacked.jpg
72KB, 279x293px
>>94606102
>Put in charge of adaptation of the ultimate superhero deconstruction.
>Makes characters that are supposed to be losers, delusional or downright psychopaths look "cool".

>Put in charge of straight superhero adaptations that are supposed to be the foundation of a shared universe of ongoing superhero stories.
>Goes into full deconstruction mode, turning everybody into pathethic losers, violent whackos or unlikeable assholes.
>>
>>94630571
but BvS wasnt a deconstruction at all, if anything it was a reconstruction--specifically a reconstruction of Batman by highlighting why all the past movies that have had Batman kill are wrong and bad and not truly Batman.
>>
>>94630571
>he thinks the only part of a deconstruction is making the characters look like losers
>he thinks a deconstruction cant have people looking cool
>he doesnt realize that the entire point was to show how the "cool" action movie heroes/superheroes are still pieces of shit no matter how much slowmo you put on them
>he cant into adapting for a new medium with different tropes

when will brainlets learn?
>>
>>94630648
>a reconstruction of Batman by highlighting why all the past movies that have had Batman kill are wrong and bad and not truly Batman.
And making him kill in much worse ways than those movies, got it. Actually, Snyder spent over 2 hours of BvS and pretty much all of MoS doing nothing but deconstructing those characters and then pretending to get them back to what they were supposed to be in a rushed and haisty way. That's why people laugh at the MARTHA scene. It's just jarring how he tries to say "hey, I was only pretending to think these characters are stupid, I actually love them. Look, they're best buds now".

Remember, this is the guy who thought Batman being raped in prison was a mature and dark take on the character, and that two characters talking to each other in costume was stupid.
>>
>>94630780
The mental gymnastics of Snyder fans are amazing. What new tropes he brought to the Watchmen movie, for instance?
>>
>>94606102
I'm willing to concede that the Ultimate Version was actually pretty interesting. While it is a long movie, it's mostly consistent till we reached the DOomsday Fight. The theatrical version is hot garbage that fails to tell a story that most can understand.
>>
>>94630781
>And making him kill in much worse ways than those movies

Not even close really. Every kill of Batman's in BvS was in self defense, while in the Burton movie he straps a bomb to guy a blows him up & in the Nolan movies he blows up a monastary with innocent people and ninjas who havent done shit yet. And whats worse is that in those movies, no one ever calls out Batman for doing that shit--while BvS is the first one to have characters basically say Batman isn't being very Batmany when he kills.

1/2
>>
>>94630781
>>94630781

> It's just jarring how he tries to say "hey, I was only pretending to think these characters are stupid, I actually love them. Look, they're best buds now".

But thats not what happens?
Everything about Batman's arc, where he is spiraling to the darkness has been building up to this moment. Out of the blue, he hears the name of his dead mother, of whose murder he dreams about every night to this day. And as such it triggers his childhood PTSD. And it doesn't just magically make him like Superman, it simply throws him off his game. He can't understand why Superman would mention his mother's name. And so he stops, and starts demanding for Clark to explain himself. His urge to murder has shifted to rage and confusion since he can't no longer understand the situation. It's only Lois' intervention that diffuses the situation when she explains Clark was begging him to save his mother even as he was about to die and that is what breaks the camels back, by making Bruce finally see Superman as a person for the first time. A man very similar to himself, rather than a strange otherworldly alien being he couldn't understand but could easily hate and conveniently project all his fears into. And that is why he can't kill him. Because all his blinding hatred, self-deception and lies have been stripped away, and he has to face the ugly truth: he was going to murder a man simply out of pure fear. He was going to be the very thing he has spent his whole life fighting against.
It's a complex, deeply character oriented scene that addresses everything Batman represents and how astray he had become from those values. People like you trying to reduce it to a inane meme shows fundamental inability to understand the scene for what it really is about.

2/2
>>
>>94630781
>Actually, Snyder spent over 2 hours of BvS and pretty much all of MoS doing nothing but deconstructing those characters and then pretending to get them back to what they were supposed to be in a rushed and haisty way

Ahahaha no they dont, support your argument with examples nigga.
>>
>>94630947
Snyder's producer and wife says they were deconstructing the characters.
4chan says they weren't.
I'm willing to believe you over the lady the director shares a bed with, but you've gotta give me something stronger than copypasta.
>>
>>94630805
>What new tropes he brought to the Watchmen movie, for instance?

Well for one, the slowmo that you complain about. Visual trope for things to look "cool" and Snyder shows that even if you make the characters look as "cool" as can be, they are still pieces of shit and shitty heroes.

The textued costume for Owlman and bat nipples for Ozy, its specifically trying to engage with the trends of superhero costumes in movies up until that point, and show how impracticle it is. The only people with super fancy costumes are Comedian, Ozy and Owlman, who both have a need to put on a persona bigger then themselves (and in Owlman's case over compensate), while Rorshach and Spectre both have really simple, single material costumes (and are both driven by more personal reasons to become "heroes").
Adding more ties to real historical events by having Comedian assassinate JFK and Manhattan on the moon is playing with how we make movies all about current and past political events but we can never change them really. Even in a world with "superheroes" JFK is still killed, and we still go to the moon in the exact same way because ultimately our fictions are just that.

I could go on if you want more, but if you want to reduce this all to just "mental gymnastics" then im done talking to you.
>>
>>94631010
>Snyder's producer and wife says they were deconstructing the characters.

Only for MoS and Deborah says that in one single interview. I agree MoS was a deconstruction but BvS was a reconstruction on every level nigga.
>>
>>94631010
>>94631096
>copypasta

nigga i didnt post any copypasta, and at least the guy who did has an actual argument while you got shit.
>>
>>94631010
>Snyder's producer and wife says they were deconstructing the characters.

No where do they say that about BvS. MoS, sure, but not BvS.
>>
>>94631096
>>94631127

>Asked for her takeaways from Batman v Superman, Snyder replied, “The main thing we learned, I think: people don’t like to see their heroes deconstructed.”
>>
>>94631295
>single quote from Deborah Snyder in a single interview

come on nigga, of course they started as deconstructions in the beginning, thats how you get to the reconstruction at the end of the movie. And if you cant even make an argument on HOW they are deconstruction, then you are as dumb as Deborah.
>>
>>94631295
>tfw you are so dumb you can't actually explain how something is a deconstruction
>>
>>94630924
>Every kill of Batman's in BvS was in self defense
Weren't there some comics in the Bronze Age where Batman says killing in self defense is justified, even for heroes? It's been a while so I can't remember which in particular.
>>
>>94631127
>>94631127
>>94631295
>>94631338
>Nowhere did they say that
>Here's where they said it
>That's just one time! They don't mean it this time.
For fucks sake man have some dignity.
I'm gonna go eat a steak instead of explaining how Superman being a mopey baby is deconstruction. Have fun with your circlejerk.
>>
>>94631379
thats not even the point though, the movie keeps telling us that Batman killing is not a batman thing to do. Every person in the movie shits on Batman when he kills--unlike every other movie that does so.
>>
>>94631338
>>94631351

I'm just posting a quote where Deborah says the characters are a deconstruction even though you guys claim this never happened. Feel free to make all the mental gymnastics you want to pretend you didn't get blown the fuck out.
>>
>>94631396
seriously nigga, >>94631096 I even said Deborah said that in one single interview. right here and all you did was copy and paste the same interview I already stated? Why you grouping me in with someone else?
>>
>>94631430
Seriously? I even said she said it in a single interview RIGHT HERE
>>94631096
and all you did was cite that interivew? Why you all idiotic nigs?
>>
>>94631415
I think Alfred called Batman out on recklessness in TDK though. "Someone could have been killed." But unfortunately the TDK trilogy had some killing that was never addressed.
>>
>>94631460
but it had memes and le based joker
>>
>>94631338
>>94631351
>You're dumber than the people making the movies for agreeing with them as to what they are, and they are dumb too.

BvS isn't a reconstruction. It's the build up to one, but there's no actual payoff. Just like how MoS was payoff to "Classic Superman" and you guys swore we'd get it in the next movie, but we didn't. And you're doing the same thing again. Not since Bleach ending have I seen people so insistent that the creator is actually a genius at buildup rather than making shit up as he goes along.
>>
>>94631453
Your original claim was she said that only for MoS which is not fucking true.
>>
>>94631430
>>94631396

I am this anon >>94631127 and I admit I was wrong, but come on. You still cant actually explain how its a deconstruction other than Superman was sad? Really? Have you never read Superman comics before? That is all your proof?

The movie as a whole makes a point to show that Batman killing is wrong and not Batman-y, and makes a point to show that the "unintended consequences" of Superman trying to do good are really just the fault of evil people like Luthor. How is that NOT a reconstruction?

The deconstruction was in MoS which highlights the "problems" with trying to do good in the real world, while BvS basically says those problems arent actually problems if you keep trying to do good.
>>
>>94631485
No it wasnt, read my post
>>94631096

My original claim is that MoS is a deconstruction and that Deborah only says BvS is a deconstruction in a single interview--and I disagree with her. And even then she says the characters were deconstructed, which is true, they were at the beginning of the film, which is how you get to the reconstruction at the end.

Because a deconstruction happens doesnt mean the whole movie is.

THINK nigga.
>>
>>94630924
>Every kill of Batman's in BvS was in self defense
Yeah? Those guys he smashed into with his Batmobile while chasing them for the Kryptonite were self defense? What about the dozens of criminals he got brutalized and murdered in prison by branding them with the bat? He's not only a killer but a hypocrite, and a coward hiding behind semantics.
>>
>>94631532
>No it wasnt, read my post

I'm referring to this post:
>>94631096
>>
>>94631601
>Those guys he smashed into with his Batmobile while chasing them for the Kryptonite were self defense?
They were shooting at him.
>What about the dozens of criminals he got brutalized and murdered in prison by branding them with the bat?
Lex killed them.
>>
>>94631483
why are you lumping me in with >>94631351
I wasnt that guy.

Also

>It's the build up to one, but there's no actual payoff.

Yes there is you dumb ass. Batman going back to not killing and forming the league, believing men (and by extension himself) can be good again, the whole world accepting Superman for who he was and realizing the "unintended consequences" werent his fault.

You need some seriously help my nigga, you cant even understand the most basic of basic endings.
>Just like how MoS was payoff to "Classic Superman" and you guys swore we'd get it in the next movie, but we didn't

WUT. Are you saying Superman who keeps saving people despite getting no thanks at all isnt Superman? Are you saying Superman who is saddened that the world is in such turmoil over his very presence isnt Superman? What just because he didnt talk to a bunch of random people and smile all the time means he wasnt "classic" superman? What do you even consider "classic" superman? Golden Age Supes who beat up politicians and threatened criminals by hanging them over buildings? Silver Age Supes who would go to extreme lengths to keep secrets from his friends and loved ones and go into autistic hissy fits? Post-Crisis Superman who killed Zod and performed brain surgery on Manchester Black without his consent?
Come on man, no one in this thread is claiming "he is going to be the REAL superman next movie," you just have a specific vision of Superman and these movies have (so far) pulled from sources that dont align with your vision. Its that simple.
>>
>>94631659
to be fair, its more like lex ordered the hit on the human trafficker who had been transported to metropolis.
>>
>>94631619
That was the post I was referring to you fucking idiot, goddamn. Can you get any dumber? That post still claims

>that MoS is a deconstruction and that Deborah only says BvS is a deconstruction in a single interview--and I disagree with her. And even then she says the characters were deconstructed, which is true, they were at the beginning of the film, which is how you get to the reconstruction at the end.
>>
>>94631619
>is told to think
>proceeds not to think
>>
>tfw all those comic and Batman TAS inspired shots.
>>
File: BvS - Peace on Earth.jpg (159KB, 700x682px) Image search: [Google]
BvS - Peace on Earth.jpg
159KB, 700x682px
>>94631735
yeah, I really love em
>>
File: DarkKnightBvS.jpg (249KB, 600x2625px) Image search: [Google]
DarkKnightBvS.jpg
249KB, 600x2625px
>>94631735
>>94631752
>>
>>94616947
Only confusing thing is the whole RT being right/wrong now that WW is doing good and JL has a 50/50 shot at being pretty good or just awful looking and how the DC movies tend to go.
>>
>>94631700
>(You)
>>
>>94631758
The warehouse scene was pretty much a reconstruction of the Dark Knight Returns.
>>
>>94631784
>getting so mad that you misunderstood a post that you resort to shitposting again

goddamn
>>
I enjoyed it. I liked Lex. I think Ben Affleck is the best live action Batman ever.
>>
>>94631769
Ive always maintained Rotten Tomatoes is a shitty service. I personally thinker WW is weaker than BvS and MoS (but much better than Skwad), but im glad its doing well financially because Wonder Woman deserves the exposure.

Stop making blanket statement strawmen.
>>
>>94631844
Not even that pussy, dumb ass.

Just think ur a fgt
>>
>>94631858
he is surprisingly good. He leaves bale in the dirt.
>>
>>94631844
>(You)
>>
>>94631659
He rammed his car in the back of the truck after he had already gotten away from the line of fire. That's not self defense in any way.

>Lex killed them.
How do you know? I mean, he's been branding dozens of criminals. Did Lex kill all of them? And where in the movie is this shown or implied?
>>
>>94631931
We get to see that Anatoli orders the hit on the human trafficker with his darkie friend.
>>
>>94631942
Yeah, that's one of them, who was linked to Luthor so it makes sense he'd have them killed. What about the other dozens of branded prisoners? Were they all related to Luthor? This isn't implied at all in the movie, but even if we endulge and say they were, did it take for Batman to question and torture dozens of people to get any leads?
>>
>>94606102
The Bad
>the plot
>the script
>the acting
>the dialogue
>the pacing
>the characterization
>the Batman v Superman fight
>the hollow symbolism
>cave troll
>forced JL setup

The Good:
>Batman vs thugs fight
>opening montage

Batman vs the thugs was really, really good though.
>>
>>94632061
Not him but as the movie clearly shows, the police is behind batman for the most part because he puts prisoners away for good. The bat signal is a thing in the movie. The cop says that he shot batman because he was spooked.

The black lady tells clark that batman only goes after the bad guys. He is basically a more extreme batman who is dipping into Phantom territory by branding his foes.
>>94632091
Come on, the Superman versus Batman fight was well done.
>>
>>94632091
nah, most of what you listed as bad was good.
>>
>>94632343
>subjective
>>
>>94631931
>He rammed his car in the back of the truck after he had already gotten away from the line of fire. That's not self defense in any way.

Yes it is you dumbass, if someone attacks you there isnt like a set period that the self defense lasts. They were firing at Batman and had ever intention to fire at him again. He was fighting in self defense, dont be pedantic. But again, the point was that at that point Lex HAD pushed Batman over the edge and got him to break the rule. Whether it was self defense or not doesnt matter, you are missing the forest for the trees.
>>
>>94632366
Yeah, you're list was subjective. I disagree with it.
>>
>>94632382
>>94632366
shit, I meant your, not you're, I'm sorry grammer nazi.
>>
File: BvS Alfred Wonder Woman.jpg (62KB, 552x828px) Image search: [Google]
BvS Alfred Wonder Woman.jpg
62KB, 552x828px
I love how cohesive the universe is desu
>>
>>94632609
Just about every movie does this stuff.
>>
>>94632609
it would be more cohesive because there are less movies to work with.
>>
>>94630648
If it was, it did a terrible job of conveying that. Instead of looking like a vigilante who lost his way, Batman is a jealous chad who has borderline Broly tendencies on the mention of his mothers name.
>>
>>94606102
Congrats Anon, that's truly shitposting of the highest tier. Look how everyone took the bait.
>>
>>94632887
what was he jealous about?
>>
>>94632547
Grow up
>>
>>94631670
>Yes there is you dumb ass. Batman going back to not killing and forming the league,
We haven't actually seen him do either of those things yet.
>>
>>94633187
>says he will form the league
>diana already signs in.
>>
>>94633187
>>94633237
Plus he is back to old style Batman in the Suicide Squad Batman scenes.
>>
>>94632609
Where do people find these?
>>
>>94625544
Flashpoint b.s, why did Lex do it all? was it all for spite and he showed all his cards from the get go, was he trying to get caught? was it all part of his keikkaku, Wayne employee who jihad himself was named *ally West. Besides that it was pretty enjoyable.
>>
>>94632368
>there isnt like a set period that the self defense lasts
What the fuck are you talkign about? Once your life and safety isn't in danger anymore, it's not self defense.

>But again, the point was that at that point Lex HAD pushed Batman over the edge and got him to break the rule.
And let me tell you again, he had been marking DOZENS of criminals to get brutalized in jail. That had nothing to do with Luthor.
He was torturing and murdering them by proxy, which makes him the ultimate thing that Batman never is and that is not a killer, but a fucking cowardly hypocrite.
>>
>>94634401
>find
>>
>>94606102
I don't know why you assholes keep posting this shit movie here. The majority of /co/ did not like the differing movie's portrayal of the characters from the comic and cartoons which they are supposed to be based on.
If you want a circlejerk on the movie's supposed "greatness", I'd suggest you take this to /tv/
>>
>>94606102
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Batman V Superman. The themes are extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of religious studies most of the story will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Superman's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these scenes, to realize that they're not just action packed- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Batman V Superman truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Batman's existencial catchphrase "DO YOU BLEED," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Zack Snyder's genius unfolds itself on their screens. What fools... how I pity them.
>>
>>94635487
See? This is good BvS shitposting. Sadly, it might get snatched by snyderfags and start being quoted unironically, because they, like Snyder, can't do anything but surface reading.
>>
>>94636258
This
>>
>>94606102
People are full of shit and can't see this is a good movie
>>
>>94635487

I'm a massive fan and defender of Batman v Superman, but this had best be shitposting.
>>
>>94639937

It's a variation on a copypasta about Rick and Morty.
>>
>>94620522
bumping this truth
>>
>>94608526
>Why has /co become over run with idiot

You're really asking this?
>>
>tfw thought the fight was very well done with the trinity working together as a team.
>>
The movie was fun but it didn't made sense, like Batman: Returns and Suicide Squad.
>>
>>94626680

Yeah, it was great.
>>
>>94606102

Why was this bait thread so bad Friday night? Why is a rerun of it so bad tonight?
>>
>>94606102

Hey Stupid Snyder Fan:

Your stupid bait thread from Saturday hasn't even dropped entirely into the ETHER of the internet.

Can't you AT LEAST come up with a NEW FUCKING OP IMAGE and change your copypasta?

>>94606102
>>
>>94629405
The worst kind of bad is the kind that gives people an easy way to feel smart.
>>
>>94629291
This whole fucking thread for one.
>>
>>94609498
no such thing because its garbage
>>
>>94640498

Figured it would be something like that.

Returning to the topic at hand though: my fave scenes in Batman v Superman are the Batman warehouse fight scene, and "you are my world".
>>
Watched the Winter Soldier the other day. I was amazed at how they handled a dark superhero story way better than BvS did.
>>
>>94643336
>the fight was very well done with the trinity working together as a team
It worked for a few seconds but then it became the typical CGI fuckfest of nowadays movies.
>>
>>94623153
great contribution
>>
>>94628961
>>94629641
How stupidly retarded can you be that you completely miss the point
>>
>>94643336
Yes, it was amazing and I liked seeing them work together.

>>94645209
Where? It looked good the whole way through.
>>
>>94646875
After the few seconds where you could actually see them working together, and it turned into a clubbering match that went for too long, with Batman walking around without shit to do.
>>
>>94646913
I disagree. I think it went on for just the right amount of time (personally I wish the titular fight were shorter, but that's just my opinion). The Doomsday fight was a way to get a glimpse at Diana's power and also to show why the team needed to work together instead of just one of them defeating him alone. Batman's lack of action was similar to how he was in For The Man Who Has Everything during the Mongul fight, since he was way out of his league. This might be the only time something like that is possible because from now on he'll have prep time and friends to help him make better gadgets/suits. Plus he was waiting for the proper timing to use the K gas, considering how if he missed it could be the end of the world.

The only downside is that we didn't get to see the whole JL fight Doomsday. Aquaman, Flash, and even Cyborg would have been useful in that fight.
>>
>>94646913
what would batman even do in such a case?
He distracted doomsday and helped wonder woman restrain him at the right time.
>>
why the fuck is this bait thread still active
>>
>>94647151
Well, first you need to write a scene where you give him something to do but that would take away the DBZ fights all these movies seem to need to climax with.
>>
>>94648768
most battles in comics are DBZ fights.
>>
>>94648768
>>94649080
Comics existed before DBZ. In fact, the coolest fights existed before Dragon Ball was even an idea.
>>
>>94629641
Reddit spacing
>>
>>94649113
I know. It doesn't stop people from dissing on the battles between nigh indestructible and godlike beings with superpowers as DBZ fights and thus worth only scorn.
>>
>>94606102
Because wb studios got out of the fucking way and instead of sending over retarded execs who totally have better ideas, let the people they hired do their fucking jobs.
>>
>>94649113
That's not the point. I'm not saying DBZ invented them, I'm just making an easy to understand reference.
And comic book fights weren't endless punch exchanges with ridiculous power levels that would destroy a whole fucking block and shit like that until the 90s, and guess what, a lot of that shit was influenced by manga and anime.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 1200x1779px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 1200x1779px
>>94650065
Yeah they used to be much cooler and larger in scale. The good ones at least.
Thread posts: 207
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.