[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ignorant Normies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 397
Thread images: 56

What's something casuals say that actually anger you?

>We already got a good Fantastic 4 movie lol!
>teh Incredibles!! Ex Dee
>>
If you wanted to make this thread, you could have at least used an example a casual might actually say in an actual conversation.
>>
I know the OP is bait, but something that casuals seem to talk about a lot that kind of frustrates me is talking about which character could beat which character.

There seems to be this obsession over powerlevels, DBZ-style, that they fervently use to defend which character is their favorite. My roommate literally googled Omega-level mutants because he heard about it in a YouTube video and now he says those are his favorite characters.

I wish they understood that comics are a pretty great storytellling medium, and not all of the characters are just action figures that you throw at each other.

Every time my friend asks about a comic character it's always "how strong is he?" "Could he kill Iceman?" "I heard that he fought the Hulk once, who won?"
>>
>>94598476
Well that person is not wrong Iron Man is way better than batman
>>
>Superman is boring
>Aquaman is lame

these are the two big ones that will legitimately annoy me.
>>
>>94598569
Normies like OP characters because they'd feel ashamed of liking a weaker/joke character. If you said you liked Aquaman in public, Chad would mock you for your pleb choice.

>"All he does is talk to fish! He doesn't DO anything!"
>>
File: Esdeath_VS_Bowser.png (455KB, 750x422px) Image search: [Google]
Esdeath_VS_Bowser.png
455KB, 750x422px
>>94598569
It's all their fault and the stupid 12 year olds that keep comparing every single fictional character in existence to Saitama and Goku
>>
>>94598569
It's such a childish thing to do. The worst is when they use one-off and joke comics as cannon.
>>
>>94598500
>>94598569
OP here. I meant I hate when people legitimately consider The Incredibles as a Fantastuc Four movie.
>>
>>94598614
Aquaman IS lame, though.
>>
>>94598678
I agree with you but most of /co/ do think that Incredibles is "the perfect F4 movie". Yes, most of /co/ is super casual about F4, so similar powersets and a family? Close enough.
>>
>>94598632
But normies always shit on superman for being OP
>>
>>94598874
Superfags BTFO
>>
>>94598836
Well meme'd.
>>
File: SUWEEEEEEEEEE.png (119KB, 215x231px) Image search: [Google]
SUWEEEEEEEEEE.png
119KB, 215x231px
>watching Spiderman Homecoming
>ad for Justice League comes on
>girl behind me asks her friend what the Justice League is
>"oh it's the DC version of the avengers, they copied marvel"
>>
>>94598678
I have literally never heard that outside of /co/, and also I think it is a great FF movie.
>>
>>94599211
Fuck off casual, it's not an FF movie, there are no characters like Ben or Reed in the film and Dash is only sort of similar to Johnny. The plot is completely different and closer to Watchmen than it is anything FF
>>
>>94599211
It's not an FF movie at all though. None of the personalities are similar except maybe Helen to Sue (and even then that's a reach), there's none of the adventure or science bullshit, there's a midlife crisis jealous wife subplot, and Syndrome is closer to being Reed than Bob is.
>>
>>94598614
I love Aquaman, but it bothers me even more to find normies defend Aquaman and pull up all of these bullshit feats from all over his history. “No, no, he can BEAT SUPERMAN! LOOK AT THIS OUT OF CONTEXT IMAGE OF AQUAMAN SUMMONING A SHARK!”
It’s pretty annoying.
>>
>wtf? I thought christian bale was batman? why does this joker look different from the dark knight?
>>94599062
That is turbo casual.
>>
I hate normalfags that say "normie" instead of the former.
>>
>>94599738
>words and language can't change
hello brainlet
>>
>>94599906
Normie was the original word, normalfag newfag faggot.
>>
I used to be really bothered by people who thought Dr Manhattan was on the upper eschelons of reality warping since in Watchmen itself he's clearly far below, say, Franklin Richards or Scarlet Witch.

Then of course Rebirth happened.
>>
File: 1500095136055.jpg (162KB, 1462x1462px) Image search: [Google]
1500095136055.jpg
162KB, 1462x1462px
>At least people buy Marvel's comics
>>
>there are good comics

There aren't and saying this is prove you don't read them at all
>>
>>94598614
Aquaman is completely fucked up at this point. His existence gravitates almost entirely around his dreaded Superfriends rep, whether it's to make fun of him, or people who like him getting ridiculously defensive resulting in shit like people actually making talk-to-fish jokes in-universe just so he can glare them into submission.
>>
>>94599062
Well, it's not wrong. From a pure movie standpoint, I mean. We wouldn't have the DCEU (and all those other wannabe cinematic universes) if Marvel didn't make billions with the idea.
>>
>>94599062
>>94599706
"the DC version of the avengers, they copied marvel"
>1st Justice League comic debuted in 1960
>1st Avengers comic debuted in 1963
>1st Fantastic Four comic debuted in 1961
>The Fantastic Four were created specifically to serve as a comic with an ensemble cast to compete with the Justice League.
>We won't see the Fantastic Four in any shared continuity films for at least another eight years if Fox doesn't cave.

There is so much irony in this.
I do think that one of the big problems with the DCEU is that Warner Brothers have been trying to play catchup to Disney and rake in that sweet shared continuity money which is why they hyped Batman v Superman as Avengers v0.8.
>>
>>94598614
>>94598836
>>94599340
>>94600093
Aquaman comes in only two flavors: useless, talk-to-fish superfriends or brooding edgelord

This is why Aquaman from Batman the Brave and the Bold is my favorite version. He's the only one to not only be competent but also have genuine self confidence instead of overcompensating with "muh angst" and "muh grit."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yE8C1WWixgc
>>
>>94600356
If he acted like BtBatB Aquaman people would call him a rip off of Thor.
>>
>why wasn't Batman in the Avengers?
Oldie but a goodie.
>>
>>94599315
>personalities

Normies see "stretchy powers" and "invisible and can create forcefields" (and how much more fucking blatant can you get than that combo?). The only thing stopping it from being a more conspicuous ripoff is the likelihood that someone would sue.
>>
>>94600140
We wouldn't have the MCU if Universal Monster Crossovers hadn't been forgotten.
>>
>>94599062
That really depends if they're talking about the movies, which DC is doing, or if they're talking in general, in which there is no hope for them.
>>
>>94599294
To play devil's advocate, it is technically still a better F4 movie than any of the actual F4 movies though, in that it's actually a good movie and has a passing resemblance to F4.
>>
>>94598476
I can understand that mistake though.

The worst Marvel character is the best DC character.
>>
>>94600356
He has been much more than “useless” or edgy. Read The Search for Mera, Death of a Prince, and other Aquaman work by Ramona Fradon, Jim Aparo, Mike Grell, Paul Levitz, David Michelinie, Neal Pozner, Gleason, etc. There’s more Aquaman out there than Superfriends, Peter David, and Geoff Johns.
>>
>>94600563
STOP CALLING IT A FANTASTIC FOUR MOVIE HO LEE SHlT
>>
>>94600626
I'm not, I'm saying it's closer to being an F4 movie than the F4 movies are. In the same way cubic zirconium is closer to gold than shit is.
>>
>>94600698
Firstly
>it is technically still a better F4 movie
Secondly, how is a movie featuring no Science Fantasy, a man going through a mid-life crises, and a plot based around illegalizing superheroes resemble the F4 at all?
>>
>Superman is weak to magic
>>
>what the fuck Green Lantern is supposed to be Black
>>
>>94600971
While I'm on the subject, that last point makes no sense. It was stated there was no way of knowing who had powers. This most likely includes cops, firefighters, and other emergency responders. So how would they tell if someone was using superstrength to put down a criminal? Or superspeed to get to a crime scene faster? Not that that plot point mattered outside of the "Bowling night" joke. The movie is so juvenile and it leaves so many questions and opportunities unexplored.

inb4
>but Bob's mid-life crisis wasn't juvenile
Okay I'm not talking about that but if that aspect of the movie is so good why wasn't that the focus? Why give the façade of being a superhero/espionage movie if they wanted to be a more mature movie that explored real life family issues?
>>
>>94599340
>LOOK AT THIS OUT OF CONTEXT IMAGE OF AQUAMAN SUMMONING A SHARK!”
Was this during The Brightest Day? When he could command dead water animals?
>>
>>94598476
When does Batman sleep?

Oh idk maybe the other 18 hours he isn't on patrol.
>>
>When are the Guardians of the Galaxy going to do a movie with Star Wars?

Loterally my brother said this after GotG2; he actually thought this because they're both in space, not because Disney owns both properties.
>>
>>94598569
Wait 'til he finds out that there's an "alpha" level superhuman rating that's even more powerful than "omega-level" mutants.
>>
>>94601089

But this is perfectly true.

The old writers realised they wrote themselves into a corner, so a lot of old comics are superman getting his shit kicked in by a street level magician, or being bewitched to do something stupid like marry a villainess.

Hell, Merlin shows up at one point and tells Superman to just let humanity fall for once, else it'll cause the apocalypse.

It's gotten better, but that's still a running theme of superman.
>>
>>94601093
To be fair, the Justice League cartoon had far more reach than Green Lantern comics have ever had.
>>
File: muh shoe.jpg (26KB, 960x539px) Image search: [Google]
muh shoe.jpg
26KB, 960x539px
>>94599062
>>
>>94601093
>implying based black marine guy wasn't better than ryan reynolds.
>>
>>94601089
When you're invulnerable to so many things, the one thing you're just as susceptible to as any normal person counts as a weakness.
>>
>>94598476
>DC Is darker and more mature than Marvel
>Inhumans can be Marvel's X-men
>Company wars in general
>>
When people say aquaman sucks all he can do is talk to fish
>>
>>94598476
i don't think i ever heard anyone outside of 4chan or over the age of 5 even say half of the shit in these threads and i hang out with pretty casual people.
>>
no joke, one of the comments i saw on the first Thor: Ragnarok trailer was "since when can Hulk talk?"
>>
>>94602105
>>DC Is darker and more mature than Marvel

funny because before the MCU and Man of Steel everyone said the opposite
>>
>>94599062

the Justice League movie is a response to the Avengers movies though, regardless of the fact that they came first in comics
>>
>>94602822
Well yeah, I've been waiting for more "Hulk Smash" and not "GRUMP SNART RAWR HEHE"
>>
File: 10 October.jpg (287KB, 1200x1062px) Image search: [Google]
10 October.jpg
287KB, 1200x1062px
>>94602099
>implying Stewart is anything but a token black character.

Even DC admitted to it.
>>
>>94598569

>I wish they understood that comics are a pretty great storytellling medium

Great storytelling medium where nothing happens, hence no solid powerlevel definitions.
>>
>>94598476
Not even Iron Man thinks hes good lol
>>
>>94603324

*nothing matters

damn, missed that one
>>
>>94600018

There may not be any NEW good comics (and I would argue that point but that's not what this thread is about and I can't be fussed with arguing on this site anymore because rationality has been replaced by ignorance, bait, stupidity and 'faggot' as a response and it's not worth my time OR energy) BUT if you think there have never been ANY good comics, I just feel sad for you, anon.
>>
>>94601089
>superman is weak to magic

>>94601736
>But this is perfectly true.

>>94602103
>When you're invulnerable to so many things, the one thing you're just as susceptible to as any normal person counts as a weakness.

DEFINITION OF "WEAK"

1: lacking strength: such as
c : not able to resist external force or withstand attack

The problem with the bottom two responses, besides the fact that they minimize the facts and aren't accurately represented post Silver Age (and even then it's rare - anyone can find one panel or page or story, among thousands, in any of the characters that have been around for 80, 70, 50 years in numerous issues and team-up books) is that EVERYONE, including MAGIC USER, no matter whether you consider them Homo Magi or Sorcerer Supreme or what have you, is WEAK to magic.

It's not particularly a weakness either exclusive to NOR especially effective generally against Superman, no more than it would be especially effective against the public at large or any random cape.

The better way of saying is that it's one of the things that Superman is 'susceptible' to when he is rarely vulnerable to nearly all other threats, as >>94602103 slightly suggests

THUS, >>94601089 is totally correct in saying it's one of the stupid things you find on You Tube, stupid normie conversations, etc.
>>
>>94603003
I wish Grey Hulk had been introduced in Age Of Ultron. If only so there would have been something interesting and have an even better dynamic with Thor in Ragnarok.
>>
>>94598476
basically anything about Superman triggers me something fierce
>>
>>94598569
They grew up with DBZ, so they've been conditioned to think only in terms of fighting and strength, not stories.
>>
>>94602105
I'm pretty sure Ike is/was the only person who unironically thought of that
>>
File: 1488594106031.jpg (55KB, 862x892px) Image search: [Google]
1488594106031.jpg
55KB, 862x892px
>>94598614
But both of those are true
>>
I overheard a guy tell someone that Thanos at the end of Avengers was a frost giant from Thor.
>>
>>94598476
>wonder woman can beat superman
>>
File: baitout.jpg (40KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
baitout.jpg
40KB, 625x626px
>>94598614
>>
>>94604358
Not him but I have a coworker who thinks Aquaman is a "bitch" but hypes up Green Arrow from the CW show
>>
>>94604331
The way I've always looked it is that she can at least compete with him and under limited conditions can beat him but it's not likely
>>94604388
Amell is VERY pretty though
>>
I remember one time, someone told me that Hulk would be able to beat Galactus in a fight. Their reasoning is the whole, "potential for infinite rage so infinite strength" shit. They remained adamant when I said about the completely different scale they operate on. It still bothers me.
>>
>>94604400
i think the only thing that ever gets her mad enough to be destructively reckless is ironically supermans death.
>>
File: 1492979683746.jpg (85KB, 540x568px) Image search: [Google]
1492979683746.jpg
85KB, 540x568px
>>94604292
>"IT'S HELLBOY"
>>
>>94604388
don't know much about green arrow but i'd probly like him more than ole hookhand aquaman haha
>>
>>94603842
>Autism, The response
Spurgerman would get beat up by Harry Potter, grow up.
>>
>>94604449
>tfw people always use Superman/Hulk for strength comparisons
There's all kinds of people who are stronger. Why just these guys?
>>
File: fred-SD.jpg (60KB, 270x360px) Image search: [Google]
fred-SD.jpg
60KB, 270x360px
>>94598881
Fine example of an ignorant normie comment
>>
File: gaydar.jpg (41KB, 346x288px) Image search: [Google]
gaydar.jpg
41KB, 346x288px
>>94604048
Except not
>>
>>94604648
dumb supermanposter
>>
>>94604546
I guess they're the mainstream staples of strength for the big two. I find it interesting how many people think Spider-Man just swings around and wall crawls, before looking into things like physical strength.

I've had plenty of people say stuff like "Spider-Man isn't super strong is he?" Simply because it's not really an important enough power to highlight often to the general audience. Even having seen the movies, people are surprised if I tell them he is super strong and to quite a high degree.
>>
>Deadpool is Spider-Man's cousin
It doesn't anger me, it's just like no
>>
> Iron Man is my favourite Marvel character!

Iron Man is a shit character with 1 or 2 good storylines at best.
>>
>>94604546
They're top tier for strength
Spidey is like what? 10-20 tons usually?
>>94604718
Spidey is hilariously powerful for a "street" hero
And is strength is more of bonus his spidey sense and agility are way better imho
>>
>>94604750
>tfw my friend brings up Deadpool kills the Marvel Universe when talking about how strong he is
>>
>Ant-Man premiere
>before the film starts
>two girls sitting behind me
>one is just scrolling through her phone
>suddenly she tells the other
>'Hey, did you know that Ant-Man was created in the 60s?'
>'Wow, I thought they've created him just for this movie'
>>
>>94604789
>Ant-Man releases in theaters
>retards didn't want to see it because "lol he just shrinks"
>>
>>94600018

There are a lot of good comics right now. They're just not easy to find.
>>
>>94603609
This.
>>
>DC heroes are gods trying to be human.
>Marvel heroes are humans trying to be gods.
This statement just means to me that you know jack shit about DC.
>>
>people talk about shit Superman does in Injustice as if it's canon and a good arguement why he's shit
>>
>>94604939
>trying to be gods
I feel like the shit Reeds,Tony and Doom have pulled I think playing is a more accurate statement
>>
>>94598476
Wait, people say 'Ex Dee'?
>>
>>94604545

>What Is Reading Comprehension, Your Standard /co Poster
>>
All DC characters are unrelatable Gods

Marvel characters are down to Earth heroes
>>
>>94598476
More like triggered dumbfuck nerd that falls for obvious bait posts.
>>
>"batman's more relatable than superman"
I never understood this argument.
>>
>>94600218
Avengers were created in reference to the JSA too, I think. I remember how Stan Lee had wanted it to be a book for characters who didn't have a full comic to themselves.
>>
>>94598569
That's because strong characters > weak little shits.
>>
File: 1500938536117.jpg (33KB, 596x960px) Image search: [Google]
1500938536117.jpg
33KB, 596x960px
a friend of mine once asked
>why don't they make Aquaman capable of summoning ancient creatures and unspeakable horrors from the depths of the ocean?

to this day I can't figure out if he's a moron or a fucking genius.
>>
>>94604950
This. Fuck those guys.

>>94605852
I never got it either. Superman had the far more normal upbringing, and has a relatively normal job and family house hold. The only thing most readers can relate to with Batman is that he can bleed when getting shot. Outside of that, he's a craze rich dude who spent his entire life mastering himself in all forms of physical endeavors, while swimming in pussy while he's Mr Wayne.
>>
>>94605902
Character being the key word.
>>
>Miles deserves to be spider-man, I grew up reading that comic and Peter Parker should have stayed dead
>>
>>94598569
>The "my dad can beat up your dad" mentality

I sincerely hate how contrived that shit is too.
>>
>>94606036
>tfw people always talk about "black Spider-Man" but didn't get the reference in Homecoming
>>
>>94598633
The only reason she's popular is because she's a BDSM freak.
>>
>>94605606
>mention the LITERAL gods in marvel
>"nah those don't count"
>>
>>94600406
That's the fucking point anon: it's only superficially similar to F4 and no actual F4 fan should consider them a good adaptation.
>>
>>94598569
>Every time my friend asks about a comic character it's always "how strong is he?" "Could he kill Iceman?" "I heard that he fought the Hulk once, who won?"
Sorry if you are so pretentious that having casual "Who would win" conversations with your friends is no longer fun. I have been doing it with my friends since we were kids, and we always enjoy having our fanboy debates. It is a good way to vent autistic faggotry in a controlled environment (Basically /co/).
>>
>>94598476
I don't even like Iron Man much but that anon is right. Bruce Bats sucks
>>
>>94606113
Nobody reads the comics in the general public.

They just know he's black and want that
>>
I just read these threads to make sure I'm not a normie.
>>
>>94598476
"Spider-Man killed Mary Jane with his radioactive semen" is one i hear fairly often, talking about Man-Spider.
>>
>>94605606
With the exception of Cap, none of the 'core' avengers are that relatable either.

>billionaire alcoholic
>mad scientist that turns into an indestructible monster with only a basic understanding of english
>norse god
>mad scientist who's into ants and killer robots
>Jan
>King of Wakanda
>Robot
>Ex-Circus trick arrows guy
>>
>>94606736
>either
Okay, scratch that. I actually think 'relatability' is kind of a retarded concept. You don't have to 'relate' to a character personally to enjoy the story, you just have to care about their problems.
>>
>>94603842
Nobody cares about your semantics AUTISM and I wish you'd stop bringing that up in EVERY other Superman thread.
>>
>>94600608
Thanks for the recs.
>>
>>94604964
Remember that time Tony and Hank got together to clone Thor?
>>
>>94605928
>unspeakable horrors from the depths of the ocean
I've been under the impression he could do just that for the last couple of years
>>
>>94606774
That's sort of what relatable means, not "he's exactly like me in every aspect".
>>
File: elric of melnibone.jpg (98KB, 930x810px) Image search: [Google]
elric of melnibone.jpg
98KB, 930x810px
>>94600018
If you dont think elric is the tightest shit get out of my face
>>
>>94606894
"Exactly like me" is totally what casuals think that means.
>>
File: lobo_l.jpg (43KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
lobo_l.jpg
43KB, 300x400px
>Who's Lobo?
Hurts every time...
>>
>>94607372
The other day at my LCS, someone said they had always hated lobo.

He was a regular with a fairly large stack of books too, so i don't know what his problem was. He did agree with me that JLA should have been called Justice Leage International though.
>>
>>94605928
aquaman is shit.
>>
>>94598476
Kill yourself
>>
>>94602105
>>Inhumans can be Marvel's X-men

Those are obvious shills, you idiot
>>
>So is Green Lantern white or black?
>What do you mean there's multiple Green Lanterns?
>Their superhero names are all Green Lantern?!
>WHAT THE FUCK THERE ARE RED LANTERNS
>WHAT'S NEXT BLUE LANTERNS

I have learned that nothing hurts the brain of a normie more than Lanterns.
>>
>The current Suicide Squad is better than the original run because it has Harley Quinn on the roster rather than a bunch of nobodies
>>
>>94607425
>>94607437
>>94607468
Were these posts all made by the same person?
>>
>>94607372
who's lobo?
>>
>>94598476
That Batman (and Batman accessories) is the only good part of DC
>>
>>94607492
They've always been an agrivating rabbit hole
>why didn't the Crops do X or stop Y
so then you have em all jobbing all over the place or doing nothing
or
>Where are the rest of the Corps? Why don't they ever do anything
>>
>>94607492
what is green lantern's power?
>>
>>94606149
and big tits
>>
>>94598569
>I heard that he fought the Hulk once, who won?

An adult asked you that?
>>
>>94608090
Not him but my casual friends legitimately use that metric for measuring strength.
>>
>two guys fighting over who would beat who
>one guy starts losing
>y-yeah well. it just depends on how strong the writers make them!
>>
>>94603899
Anytime people talk about MoS. Anytime people say good things about Spiderman Homecoming.
>>
>>94606736
So then the writers add things like Alcoholism, Drug abuse, spouse abuse, and borderline poverty.
Real world problems doesn't equal relatability though when your audience is teens and adults in their 30's.
>>
>>94608702
As a 30-something borderline poor guy with drugs and alcohol problems, I can't say that I agree with you.
>>
>>94604039

DBZ barely worked like that. The strongest was rarely the winner. Yamcha was killed by a sibaman, Vegeta defeated on earth. Ginyu outsmarted Goku and was outsmarted later himself. Cell ended up being more powerful than Gohan and Buy had to be destroyed with a Spirit Bomb.

You can't blame DBZ. This shitty mentality has been a thing for a long time
>>
>>94600585
(You)
>>
>>94607468
Fuck off. There were actual Mcufags who thought this when Inhumans was still a film.
>>
>>94604292
tfw I told my friend that Thanos was a super skrull
>>
>>94610267
Why? Don't mislead people, anon.
>>
>>94600356

>Aquaman only comes in two flavors
>That's why I like him in this third flavor

I can tell you haven't read modern Aquaman or 90's Aquaman if you think those are actually "brooding" or "edgy"
>>
>>94610267
Doesn't Thanos have some Skrull heritage? Or am I misremembering?
>>
>>94598476
>implying that's wrong
>>
Its pointless to get mad at them for their comic ignorance, its in their nature. Although I will admit, I do groan from the occasional "Aquaman sucks" or "Spider Man is great in high school" comment
>>
File: 1493342439425.jpg (51KB, 539x595px) Image search: [Google]
1493342439425.jpg
51KB, 539x595px
>>94598476
>Superhero movie comes out
>"I've loved [INSERT HERO] since I was a kid!"

Those faggots came out of the woodworks with Man of Steel and I've seen it resurge with Spider-Man Homecoming, some having the gall to call Tobey the worst Spider-Man/"Man of Steel is the kino superman movie!!!!".
>>
>>94598614
Superman is not lame but they did make him too powerful.
>>
>Batman wins no matter what!!!

im a huge die hard Batfag but his iconic status and TDK attracted so much ass sauce
>>
>>94610496
I wouldnt worry about the Spider Man or Superman lovers, but the ones claiming to have loved Iron Man or Doctor Strange since they were a kid are flat out lying
>>
>>94606363
>I didn't read the entire post
>>
>>94598476
>Rebirth is good
>ANAD/Legacy/whatever Marvel relaunch is going on is good
>Image is changing the medium
>>
>>94610517
Eh, Iron Man is a stretch but i can see it if they enjoyed watching the cartoon in the 90's.

Dr.Strange is just bullshit.
>>
>>94610517
Iron man did have a cartoon so it's not that much of a stretch.
People might have kiked the concept of doctor strange but that's a bit of a stretch
>>
>>94604545
I am unsure if potter could act fast enough to take out supes.
>>
>>94610545
>>94610564
I suppose, but the 90s mullet wearing Iron Man cartoon isnt as well remembered compared to the other comic cartoons. But I suppose its still valid.

Alright heres one that REALLY irks me; Any faggot who claims to love either The Flash or Green Arrow and only knows them from the terrible CW shows
>>
File: 1500707847308.gif (141KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1500707847308.gif
141KB, 250x250px
>>94598476
>shitty facebook screencap with censored names and a huge watermark
Hmm sweetie, gas yourself
>>
>>94610615
I'm more of a Marvel dude but my only exposure to Flash before the CW show was Justice League/Unlimited.
>>
>>94599315
>Syndrome is closer to being Reed than Bob is.

oh great even that movie had Ultimate's Reed!
>>
File: REEEEEEEEEEEEEE.jpg (269KB, 550x964px) Image search: [Google]
REEEEEEEEEEEEEE.jpg
269KB, 550x964px
>>94602105
I refuse to believe anyone's that retarded.
>>
>>94609068
You're right anon. We should never ignore exceptions.

but it's still bull
>>
>spider-man's always started out as a high schooler
>homecoming works as a modern take on Amazing Fantasy

Choose 1. But you'd still be wrong.
>>
>>94611504
What are the right choices?
>>
Trying to explain almost anything about superheroes to a friend that doesn't read comicbooks but wants to behave like they do usually results in me saying, "YOU DON'T READ COMICBOOKS!"
>>
>>94611633
Make Peter Parker but make him well imto his college years or at least someone who isn't depending on his aunt.
Or
Make Miles Morales. Expose people to a new Spider-Man instead of drawing out hipsters that only read meme Spider-Man stories. Like Reign, One More Day, and Superior.
>>
>>94598633
>and the stupid 12 year olds that keep comparing every single fictional character in existence to Saitama and Goku
Reminder that both characters are a parody of powerlevel bullshit.
>>
>>94598476
>We already got a good Fantastic 4 movie lol!
>teh Incredibles!! Ex Dee
family of 4 with powers that actually correspond to the F4, with strong themes of family and an overall tone of domesticness interspersed with super action?

i actually find that understandable
>>
>>94612054
People that think this are only looking at the bare bones of one of the mediums. I won't pretend to know every FF story out there but most of the ones I've read are
20% Comaraderie
75% Science Fiction/Action/Fantasy
5% Sue or Ben complaining about Reed not being there for his kids or about Johnny needing to think about his family
and stop being reckless
>>
>>94611409
>exceptions
You don't know many people, do you? Plenty of 30 year olds have money, alcohol or drug problems.
>>
>>94612526
Plenty of 30 year olds have it under control. Addicts aren't buying comics when they are too busy buying drugs. Battered spouses aren't buying comics when they're too busy fighting for custody or sleeping around.
>>
>>94612054
>strong themes of family
Barring exceptions and more modern stories (notably Hickman's run), that's not as much of a core concept of F4 as people like to say, and it's really not the same family dynamics. F4 is a group of young adults who most importantly see each other as family despite Ben not being related to any of them which is also why adopted Sue in Fant4stic was never an issue for me, they behave more like siblings (Reed and Sue fucking notwithstanding). Incredibles is literally about a married couple of 40 year olds and their young kids behaving exactly like you'd expect parents and their kids to behave.

Yeah it's understandable, but it's still mostly wrong.
>>
>>94613078
>Plenty of 30 year olds have it under control
Nobody claimed otherwise.
>Addicts aren't buying comics when they are too busy buying drugs.
Yeah they are. Buying drugs only takes part of your time and money.
>Battered spouses aren't buying comics when they're too busy fighting for custody or sleeping around
Maybe their children are.
>>
>>94600397
He is more of a herc rip off. Aquaman is a tier higher than that guy in popularity. No normie has heard of marvel herc.
>>
>>94613255
Hm. You might be right Anon. Thanks for the insight.
>>
>>94605606
jesus christ this thinking isnt even casual exclusive. Comicfags here and other boards spout the same bullshit. This is why i hate most of you guys.
>>
>>94607617
Back in my day you just sent one Lantern to deal with an entire space sector. That's how competent Green Lanterns were. Now they job to every tiny little threat that decides to come their way.

At this rate Im waiting for tattoo man to rape the GLC in a future crossover.
>>
>>94610545
eh, I knew strange as a kid reading JMS amazing spidey and watching the TAS reruns. That being said I was more familiar with Iron Man due to the hulk TAS and Spidey one.

I thought he was cool but knew nothing of him. Oh and his suit looked alright until the 2008 movie came out.
>>
>>94613172
also I sperg out when people call them a family or a group of explorers.

Fuck you, if you read the early issues they decided to be a team of SUPERHEROES, who occasionally end up exploring random parts of the marvel universe accidentally.

I think a fellow autistic had an interesting piece written on it on zak-site.
>>
>>94598476
>Why didn't X superhero help Y superhero?
>>
>Spiderman's quips are just dumb. Villains and heroes cracking jokes is silly and unrealistic.
>>
>>94611504
>spider-man's always started out as a high schooler

I think you meant "his best stories are when he's in highschool"

Peter always started out in Highschool. The problem is how much people were deluded to think its where he spent most of his time.

I remember some people criticizing the 90s series because Peter was an adult chad and not a scrawny highschooler. Even Feige seems to get it wrong by saying he's just a kid, yet he cites one of his favorite moments from Spider-man which happened when Peter was a 30 something and a teacher.
>>
>>94613078
>If you have a problem it's all you ever do
Your ignorance is showing. Not everything is a crippling heroin addiction anon. Most people who are suffering from these kinds of problems can and do carry on with their daily lives (including hobbies such as comics) even as they suffer, just as cape characters go about saving the world or whatever even as they deal with their personal problems. Some writers manage to integrate these aspects into the characters and stories organically and gracefully. Some hamfistedly shove them in where they shouldn't. Either way the concept is quite sound, and really does make for more relateable characters when done well.
>>
>>94614976
Yeah I just noticed how they keep moving pete to high school age for a while now. Remember untold tales of spidey? Then we got ultimate spiderman and so on. It didnt help that the spec spidey cartoon was a great show in its own right and Greg Weisman refused to let him grow up.
>>
>>94598476
People who think Starfire is from the Teen Titan's cartoon

Or just any of the characters, I just see Starfire the most
>>
>>94616795
I'm more weirded out by the fact that they think that's her original design.
>>
>>94598476
>tfw you liked the early 2000s fantastic four movie
>>
>>94617090
I did too honestly. They could have been better but they were decent.
>>
>>94598569
^ this desu, "how can batman beat superman that doesn't make any logical -realistic-comics-are-real-life-now sense"
>>
>>94598476
get over it shitlord
>>
>>94617090
>>94617159
same, I can remember a lot of things about it
>>
>>94604789
literally every "le nerdy marvel fangirl xd"
>>
>>94604545
Potter can barely sneak around a giant three headed dog what makes you think he can defeat supes?
>>
When the meme autistist but casual says something like
>how are they gonna put Krypto or Streaky in Man of Steel
>are they gonna include radioactive spider semon in MCU?
>>
>>94604545
Potter and pretty much any wizard in HP universe could be defeat by a shotgun, they aren't very impressive wizard
>>
>>94618901
Give them a little slack. They make great housekeepers and carpenters.
>>
>>94605928
No aquaman has already did that?
>>
>>94598476
Not frustrating but I thought it would be fun to share
>talking to a friend about Nolan movies
>mention TDK as second film
>another friend comes near
>"Wait I thought second film was the one with Bane"
>tell him about Batman Begins
>"okay and what villains did it have?"
>"Scarecrow and Ra's Al Ghul"
>his face is all like "literally who???"

>another time
>talking to same friend about how Joker died in Burton movies
>same guy comes near once again
>"Wait Joker didn't die in the movie"
>"You mean Nolan's movie, I'm talking about an old one by Burton where he fell to his death"
>"no I remember he didn't fall in the old one, you know, where he was showing a pencil trick"
I love how some people have never heard about Batman before TDK
>>
>>94601412
But doesn't he have business work to do
>>
>>94604783
I absolutely hate hearing about that book
>>
>>94604292
>"wtf why is Hulk grey at the end of Avengers 2"
This is a legitimate thing I heard
>>
>>94604939
God my coworker loves saying this shit to anyone unfortunate enough to be caught in a conversation with him. He has admit to me that he doesn't read comics
>>
>the Killing Joke movie becomes 10/10 after the Batgirl shit is over
No it doesn't, it still fucks a lot of things up. People are saying that only because they'd praise any KJ adaptation that follows the events of the book even if the meaning of some scenes is ruined
>>
I remember back when BvS was first coming out, I was talking about the trailer with a guy at work and he said "Man, Mr. Freeze looks way cooler in this than he did in Batman and Robin."

It took me a good thirty seconds to figure out that he thought Bruce's anti-Supes armor was Mr. Freeze.
>>
>>94619390
My sister unironically though Arnold was a good Mr. Freeze. Me and my brother had a good laugh.
>>
>>94619390
Ahahaha
>>
File: 1494906266925.jpg (69KB, 461x600px) Image search: [Google]
1494906266925.jpg
69KB, 461x600px
>>94619401
He might not have been good, but he was fun.
>>
>Be in line for BvS
>Converse with random person
>They start spouting out random false shit about comics in general
>I begin to question them and tell them "but that's wrong..."
>They respond with "Well, I've read The Dark Knight Returns by Frank Miller and The Killing Joke by Alan Moore so I'm pretty well rounded on the comic book topic"

I've never wanted to scream into a pillow that fucking badly in a LONG time. Fucker even emphasized their names in a way that just made my skin literally crawl. It was like "The Dark Knight Returns by FRANK. MILLER. and TKJ by ALAN. MOORE."
Fuck I wanted to die
>>
>>94619428
He was. I liked his stupid puns.
>>
>>94604761

If Spidey were a street level hero he'd be in the Defenders show. But if he were he'd be the strongest character by a wide margin.
>>
>>94619428
Like the rest of the Batman and Robin movie, Freis was a callback to 60's Batman. That Mr. Freeze had a German accent (because that's what he's meant to be). Though he didn't make many cold puns. Those were just bullcrap.
>>
>>94598476
The other day I was talking to my buddy about the new mister miracle book, explained to him his backstory and where he comes from.

By the time I was done I realized the whole time I was calling him "Miracle man"

Triggered myself
>>
This holy shit, not just super man. Every IJ character.
>>
>>94599906
Fuck off. Normalfag is only true word and if you use normie you are normalfag yourself
>>
>>94608628
Go on, tell me about how Vulture was a better villain in the comics
>>
>>94613812
I disagree modern Lantern stories usually have bigger threats compared to Silver age ~ Bronze hence 2 Lanterns per sector. I mean who were they even fighting back then? Hammond? Evil star, Sonar, Goldface, Black Hand? Major Force? peanuts compared to what they're facing now.
>>
>They've used Norman Osborn/Green Goblin to much in the movies!
>Yes! Can't wait to see the Joker again for the 40th time.
Most times they're talking about the Harry vs Peter plotline, which yes is overdone.

But Norman hasn't been more than a minor character since the 2002 movie.
>>
>>94619721
Spoken like a true normie.
>>
>>94619730
>Go on, tell me about how Vulture was a better villain in the comics
This but sincerely. I've been struggling to find a Vulture story that I enjoyed more than the movie's.
>>
>>94619762
nah he's just a newfriend. Let him have his fun.

>>94619721
I like cursing anonymously too anon!
>>
>>94619730
I can't. I actually like that Cuckture.
>>
>>94598614
I just tell them about BaTB Aquaman.
>>
>Barry created speed force so wally cant be faster than him
>>
I dressed up as Green Lantern when going to Drk Knight Rises as a joke since it was after the movie shit itself and died.

Some dumb cunt dressed as Poisn Ivy said "Green Lantern is Marvel, dude."

Fake Greg girls really are a thing.
>>
>>94620657
*geeh not Greg I fuckin hate phoneposting.
>>
>>94601262
Bob's mid-life crisis was the focus of the film, anon. Like, entirely; his family has to get back into the superhero game because of his midlife crisis.
>>
>>94620681
It wasn't the entire focus. It had random explosions and robot fights because Bird thought the kiddies would get bored.
A better example of a man dealing with his uselessness/sense of place in the world after his life changes, would be Up.
>>
>>94610496
Wonder Woman is the best example

>I loved WW since forever!
>Only talks about the movie
>>
>>94598917
It's not a meme. It's an examination of his character- where you get two outcomes- cheesy fish cracker or edgelordiest tryhard.
If he just owned being a cheesy fish cracker I'd probably like him, just like I enjoy Plastic Man.
But all the trying to make him The Dark Knight of the ocean- brooding, serious, and "too powerful to make fun of" backfired. Dipshits like you trying to turn him into a purity test is even more harmful.
>>
File: 1502630512087362565640.jpg (1MB, 2576x1932px) Image search: [Google]
1502630512087362565640.jpg
1MB, 2576x1932px
>>94621490
>people wonder why WW didn't get her own cartoon
A. She had a long running 70's show already
B. No one gives a crap to know anything about her.
Pic related is my mum's shrine to her. She has so much Wondy paraphenelia (since before the movie... yet she's only read 3 books and like most casuals can only name 2-3 villains. Cheetah, Circe, and Ares. Most of them don't even know who Giganta is let alone the origins of the most common ones.
>>
>>94621608
Just like Marilyn Monroe, women only want some icon to project themselves onto and not an individual character to learn about
>>
>>94621700
Sort of like Blacks and Black Panther, yeah?

Speaking of casuals angering me:
>Black Panther is the hero blacks need right now
What about Falcoln and Cage and Rhodes?
>he's the first black lead character in a franchise ever!
Yeah. Let's just forget about Blade, Steel, Meteor Man, and Static Shock.

>meanwhile Black Lightning, actually interesting crap that's faithful to the comics, either gets called a cash grab (which it is) or passed up entirely
>>
>>94598476
>posted a few seconds ago
Uh huh.
>>
>>94598569
Fuck you
Power level discussions are the best shit ever
>>
File: 350.jpg (24KB, 500x373px) Image search: [Google]
350.jpg
24KB, 500x373px
>>94604545
>>
>>94621490
>watch Justice League while growing up.
>like wonder woman
So I am a poser?
>>
>>94610615
Wasn't there a more recent 3D animated Iron Man show?
>>
>>94598476
Any time someone shit talks Superman
>>
But seriously, who wins in a fight, Punisher or Rambo?
>>
>>94621797
The first black lead superhero in a movie was Spawn and his movie is underrated
>>
File: Get Help.jpg (19KB, 250x353px) Image search: [Google]
Get Help.jpg
19KB, 250x353px
>>94604545
4/10 got me to respond with a reaction image.
>>
File: IMG_5164.gif (888KB, 500x286px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5164.gif
888KB, 500x286px
This one isn't /co/ but I was in a theater watching the preview for Dunkirk and after it was done a girl whispered to her friend "this is a WW1 movie because there's nazis in it"
>>
I am actually dreading the day Darkside makes his appearence and 25 normies utter the words:
"is this guy a Thanos Rip-Off?"
>>
>>94601093
>tfw because of watching Justice League as a kid, John Stewart is always my go-to Lantern.

Strange how it didn't work like that for Wally though.
>>
>>94607372
Bit off topic, but who the fuck decided to change Lobo's classic look to the pretty boy pissant he is now?
>>
>>94598614
Superman is extraordinarily vanilla.
Like going on dozens of dates and not even getting to hold hands vanilla.

Aquaman is all kinds of fucked. Nonreaders have zero reason to care about him.
>>
>>94602105
normalfags wouldn't even know who the inhumans are
>>
>>94624162
>Darkside
The only normal here is you.
>>
About ignorant normies....Can someone name me JL crossover with some 90s team where is some 4 or 6 ironhand guy, ninja girl and other people?
>>
>>94624162
*Darkseid

But no, my dude, I'm with you. I'm going to facepalm so fucking hard. Gonna be great when people think Orion and Kalibak are ripoffs of Gamora and Nebula as well.
>>
>>94620657
Maybe it was a joke you unsociable cunt.
>>
>>94604950
This legit pisses me off. Can't talk about Damien, Shazam, or WW without some faggot bringing up Injustice.

Fuck Ed Boon and fuck Tom Taylor.
>>
>>94624954
Damiens a cunt regardless of the universe
Shazams dead, who still talks about him?
>>
>>94624778
Outsiders?
>>
>>94600356
Arthur wasn't broody in David's run, quick to anger? Sure. Bit of a chip on his shoulder? Hell year, but not really brooding,
>>
>>94624486
That's old stuff. Now the old Lobo is back actually.
>>
>>94619432
I bet he watched the animated versions or just read the synopses on Wikipedia which is what most normies do to get comic knowledge.
>>
File: 1334041228467.png (436KB, 500x535px) Image search: [Google]
1334041228467.png
436KB, 500x535px
>>94598476
i don't get it.
>>
File: v8rga-7U.jpg (24KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
v8rga-7U.jpg
24KB, 384x384px
>>94604449
But could the hulk defeat his weight in bees?
>>
>Batman is more relate-able than Superman
Oh, did you see both your parents get murdered in front of you and are a manic sociopath bajillionaire? No?
God I hate my roommate's comic opinions.
>>
>>94612020
not goku
>>
>>94624486
N O R M I E
>>
>Wolverine "Deserves" Jean..
>>
>>94600356
Yes, the B&tB Aquaman is the best Aquaman.
I so fucking hope that they will make him at least somewhat like that in JL and Momoa movie, the trailers and Momoa himself shown some signs of it - but then again, there were signs of the opposite and hell, this is DCWB, they can fuck even the perfect setup into the ground.
>>
>>94628388
>When we all know he deserves Loli Kinney
>>
>>94601428
How old is he? Up to certain age this is a perfectly good statement, and even after if it was irony or just good wishes.
>>
>>94602827
Nah, even before that. I thought that way when i first saw Spider-Man and BTAS cartoons, at the middle to late 90s, i think. I didn't read any comics because Russia, and didn't know about the companies till the 2000s, but the initial reaction stayed.
>>
>>94604939
Well, both companies know about this meme and trying to play it as a card against one another.
>>
>>94610517
I didn't even knew about Iron Man before the movies. I only went to it because i thought that the concept is cool and the costume is cool, and the trailer looked good. Only after the movie i remembered that he appeared for a second in the Punisher game (and fucking good it was).
>>
>>94600356
>Aquaman comes in only two flavors: useless, talk-to-fish superfriends or brooding edgelord
Momoa Aquaman looks to be a less-silly version of the boisterous and cheerful BatB Aquaman with the edgy "badassery" of edgelord Aquaman, which I'm fine with.
>>
>>94610517
I read Doctor Strange a lot as a kid since I thought he was cool in 90s Spider Man. Never read an Iron Man solo comic though. The most BS I've heard is "I used to love reading Guardians of the Galaxy as a kid"
>>
>>94598476
The fuck is breakbrunch?
Next time get you pics from Imgur or Tumblr. I've at least heard of them.
>>
File: Aquapunch.jpg (118KB, 694x491px) Image search: [Google]
Aquapunch.jpg
118KB, 694x491px
>>94599340
>>94601383
>>
File: Polar Bear Special.png (409KB, 440x600px) Image search: [Google]
Polar Bear Special.png
409KB, 440x600px
If Aquaman dosn't throw polar bears at people in Justice Lague or his solo movie, I'm gonna be fucking disappointed
>>
File: ugh.png (93KB, 320x324px) Image search: [Google]
ugh.png
93KB, 320x324px
>>94610496
This. I forgot when I started seeing this but this shit pissed me off a lot. Worst part is sometimes my friends would say they grew up with [insert hero] ever since their childhood.
>>
>>94604783
I've never read it but whats wrong with that
>>
>>94631216
>but whats wrong with that

*but what's wrong with that?
>>
>"OMG Zack Snyder made me like Superman"
>"Before Snyder Superman was just a boring, perfect, unrelatable boyscout"
Fcuking triggers me hard.
>>
>>94623282
Oh god... no way can this be true...you should take this to /his/, it would be fun to see what they have to say about it and have them share other similar events like this.
>>
>>94631117
Punisher did a similar thing. So what?
>>
>>94603888
They were going to, but it'd follow Ultimate route where Grey is Savage
>>
>>94604292
>>94604516
>>94610267
>>94619177
Wait for Doomsday to show up
https://youtu.be/r9Ki3O4zJQA
>>
>>94610496
Tobey is the worst Spider-Man. You just have rose tinted nostalgia goggles on.
>Rarely quipped
>Overly emotional and constantly crying
>Mask looked stupid
>Over acting

It was a fun movie for what it was trying to be, but it was certainly NOT the best Spider-Man movie franchise that we've had.
>>
>>94624954
>fuck Tom Taylor
The comic wasn't the problem, it's the game
>>
>>94610451
Only in Earth X as I recall.
>>
>>94633689
>Solomon Grundy
>>
File: putting-gun-to-head.gif (2MB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
putting-gun-to-head.gif
2MB, 250x188px
>>94633689
>quirky intro
>unironically *squee*
>SOLOMON GRUNDY
>crying because "muh wondy womyn"
>>
>>94598638
God, I fucking hate that. I know this kid who is obsessed with Deadpool, and when I mention a character being powerful, he goes, "NUH UH! Deadpool could beet him! hur durr he killed everyone in the marvel universe!
>>
File: REE.gif (1MB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
REE.gif
1MB, 680x680px
>>94598476
>PRONOUNCING DARKSEID AS DARKSEED

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>94600356
I badly need an HD version of this song.
>>
File: spiderfacepalm2_size3.jpg (171KB, 590x295px) Image search: [Google]
spiderfacepalm2_size3.jpg
171KB, 590x295px
>>94635106
>le planet benching superman
>le attosecond speed man
>le actually super sane clown man
>le plan for defeating everyone prep man
>le ghost rider fire peeing

Sorry for the "le" this is just what all these idiots sound like to me.

I think the worst out of context example is infinte crisis. When superman had to lift a infinitely paged book that was "heavier than anything imaginable"
>>
>>94631216
It is a what if book, there are tons of "___ kills the Marvel Universe" books that are just that hero or team going on a murder spree and taking out threats that they should not be able to. The main thing here is the what if part, it did not actually happen in a Deadpool book or some Marvel event so saying "hey Deadpool killed all the heroes before" when it was some self contained story then bringing it up to point out how strong he is does nothing.
>>
>>94603842
huh, I never knew that
I always figured magic was like superman's kyptonite.
>>
>>94624954
Not really their fault, from 1st glance you know it is some alternate universe that is darker than the normal, blame the people who think everyone is a straight adaption. Like I rememeber when the 1st was about to come out someone online replying to me saying Superman killed the joker when I was talking about main DC (I don't even think Injustice was brought up in that conversation until that point) so I had to explain it was its own thing.
>>
>>94622308
Came after the movie
>>
>>94610517
When I was a kid, I always knew Doctor Strange as that magician that every super hero crossovers with
>>
>>94598476
>Ex of mine loved the Green Lantern movie
>Told me about how excited she is to see him in Avengers soon

She later went on to join the throng of Loki fangirls that appeared at the time.

Meanwhile i was in the throng of people waifu-ing the comic's Sif/Loki at the time.
>>
>>94635679
Except this happened at peak shit Deadpool. So that Deadpool went on to the Deadpool Killistrated series, which led to Deadpool vs Deadpool. He eventually made it all the way to 616. But that doesn't make it any less of a bullshit story.
>>
>>94625641
>Batman is a sociopath
That's just an awful normie opinion all in itself.
>>
>>94635913
People getting butthurt about Elseworlds whether they be from movies, tv shows, video games, or comics is just fucking dumb.
>>
>>94602822
He's not exactly retarded.
>>
File: Green_Lantern_Corps_Vol_2_2.jpg (86KB, 660x1008px) Image search: [Google]
Green_Lantern_Corps_Vol_2_2.jpg
86KB, 660x1008px
>>94598476
One event in particular triggered my autism, pic related, it was the comic I was reading at work
>slow day at work
>working opening box office shift at movie theater
>chick tearing tickets comes out to talk
>reading 2006 GLC I picked up at local comic shop
>"Why is there a girl on the cover?"
>She's a Green Lantern.
>"I thought Green Lantern was a black guy"
>There's multiple Green Lanterns
>"Nuh-uh, your lying"
>No, there are a bunch, they're like space cops

I just wanted to be left in peace and enjoy a slow day at work getting payed to read comics man....
>>
>>94639179
>revealing your power levels to a female co-worker
>>
>>94639334
She was annoying and not very attractive desu. One of those manic-tumblr tire chicks who's always gossiping and shit.

Plus, by now most of my coworkers there know how much of a loser I am so I've stopped caring as much, and I can usually have a good chat about comics and Star Wars stuff with a handful.
>>
>>94639418
Wish I was you man.
>>
>>94599062
I'm sorry but I refuse to believe someone who's not a super young kid wouldn't have at least heard of the DCAU Justice League show.
>>
File: 1477814347473.jpg (54KB, 389x366px) Image search: [Google]
1477814347473.jpg
54KB, 389x366px
>>94598476
>>Joker is about Chaos
>>
>>94598476
>hating on capekino
>>
>>94598476
>i like batman because he has no powers

The sheer ignorance is just too much for me.
>>
>>94639664
>Those same people rag on Hawkeye
>>
>>94639586
I really wish more works focused on him as a the clown prince of crime, where he's just a motherfucker obsessed with ANTICS, and less on him being THE DARKEST VILLAIN IN THE DCU that breeds that kind of shit
>>
>>94639179
>"Nuh-uh, your lying"
She can see the fucking cover. That's some willful ignorance shit right there.
>>
>>94604950
Injustice is fun as a batwank elseworlds and all but I hate how it's popularity has tarnished the image of certain characters. Wonder Woman is straight up evil from the beginning on that earth unlike other heroes who were pushed into the regime.
>>
>>94605928
Any normal person in the general vicinity would go insane and probably gouge their own eyes out from seeing it.
>>
>>94633725
>It was a fun movie for what it was trying to be, but it was certainly NOT the best Spider-Man movie franchise that we've had.

When your competition for movie franchises are disjointed duology and Ironlad, yes, its the best Spider-man movie franchise. To say otherwise is the most retarded thing possible.
>>
>>94640055
Wonder Woman is fucking awful in Injustice. Hipefully, a sequel will make her less of a bitch.
>>
>>94633757
>The comic wasn't the problem

The comics are legitimately awful.
>>
File: IMG_3574.jpg (396KB, 1234x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3574.jpg
396KB, 1234x1920px
>>94639586
People play up the psychopath aspect of the Joker too much to the point they forget he's a clown. When Joker became god, the universe didn't become a dark and hellish landscape but a hellish cartoon world.
>>
>>94640250
It was still unpredictable. One might even say hectic. one might even say ...chaotic.
>>
File: Joker.gif (119KB, 500x378px) Image search: [Google]
Joker.gif
119KB, 500x378px
>>94639586
>>94639810
>>94640250
All of this. Joker use to be among my favorites for how goofy and sardonic his humor was. But at the same time, that playful side has a cunning mastermind in place. I'm also not too fond of the destined for eachother. I'm all for a nemesis, but Joker is treated as Batman's eternal foe or the ultimate evil in his life.
>>
>Chicks who want a relationship like Harley and Joker
Literally retarded
>>
>>94610267
Fucking legit laughed out loud
>>
>>94618901
Man if only fucking wizards had a spell that could expel weapons from someone's hands, or maybe stun them from a distance while knocking them back.
>>
>>94598569
You ever had that argument with a normie about superman being stronger than batman.

That's not even the point it's about making a coherent and interesting fight between the two. Read the Bible if you want an OP Gary stu
>>
Knew a fat lard ass who said that he likes the new thor cause she didnt objectify herself.
>>
File: IMG_0197.jpg (99KB, 367x401px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0197.jpg
99KB, 367x401px
>>94633757
Well memed friend
>>
>>94624201
Wally was basically Barry in JL
>>
>>94602105
On a related note
How does Marvel get a way with the violent things they do? Is there no fcc for comics?
>>
>>94641442
Man... if only. But I'm sure there'd be some law or RULE against doing that against normal humans... sucks.
>>
>>94601262
They... didn't? So? If noone knows, nothing really changes. A decorated and praised cop/firefighter doesn't change much in the grand scheme of things. You're an idiot if you think that a minor stuff like this matters. Besides, the chance of a person with superpowers happening upon a job like that is low. I mean, most people DON'T become cops or firemen. In fact, I'd imagine most people would steer clear of said jobs since there are laws against such things.

One actual issue is that the ban wouldn't stop supercriminals, so I'm assuming regular cops have some sort of firepower upgrades to deal with occasional superpowered crooks - I mean, I doubt they'd get many actual supervillains, because where's the appeal of all the theatrics if your opponents are gonna be just some suckers in uniform?

>Movie is so juvenile
IT'S A KIDS MOVIE. It's supposed to be a story about a family coming together, NOT your stupid worldbuilding circlejerk that categorizes every instance of fictional bullshit.
It's a story, no a wikia dot com fodder that people on this board seem to mistake for stories.

It's a story, two hours long. Not everything requires an expanded universe and an ongoing tie-in comicbook to add a ton of 'lore' that noone cares about. It's not there to 'explore' anything except for real human emotions of a regular family, and if you're so out of touch with reality that you don't recognize this and are mad that it instead isn't a treatise about legal regulations of superhumans, I don't know what to fucking tell you. Except that you somehow missed the point of what art is about.

Art is about regular human lives. Policemen with superpowers don't exist and don't apply to our lives in any meaningful ways. Families exist and are real and tangible thing, and lessons and messages from Incredibles are real and human and can actually be applied to your life, and if you think that movie focuses on things that actually matter instead of random bullshit, you're a moron.
>>
File: 8ad.jpg (421KB, 720x576px) Image search: [Google]
8ad.jpg
421KB, 720x576px
>>94598476
>OMG fuk fox everything wud b better if tehy just gave the rights back to based D*sney! their films are so good! OOGA CHAKA XD

Awful to see such a shitty company coasting off the social capital gained by long-dead talent.
>>
>>94642257
>and if you think that movie focuses on things that actually matter instead of random bullshit, you're a moron.
Oops, this was supposed to be:
>and if you think that movie that focuses on things that actually matter instead of random bullshit is 'juvenile', you're a moron.

Basically, art that focuses on irrelevant unimportant nerd bullshit like superpowered policemen and trivia like that IS truly juvenile. It's something you would see in a kid's show or shonen anime.
Incredibles instead focuses on actual human life and emotions, and lets this kind of bullshit go to the sidelines where it belongs, that doesn't make it juvenile, that makes it more mature than every single fucking story about Justice League epically saving the world by epically punching a bad villain, so epic.

I understand that you can ENJOY these kind of stories that talk about fucking superpowered firefighters being undetected, sure - but saying that this story would be more MATURE than a story about actual real life human family issues, means you're completely fucking braindead, dude.
What's next, this Kafka dude is so juvenile because worldbuilding in Trial is lame? You're gonna complain that you can't create a wiki out of Lolita or Crime and Punishment, so they're "juvenile" as opposed to your amazing capeshit? Reevaluate your fucking life, dude.
>>
>>94642294
Disney and Fox both suck.
>>
>>94641793
Not anymore. There is generally no legal oversight over print media and the old "voluntary" CCA is just a novelty these days. Most comics do have ratings, but no one pays attention to them.
>>
>>94641816
True true only if they had some sort of court of law that could determine if you were right in defending yourself from said power level 5 farmer with shotgun. Or maybe you were some kind of crazy "dark" wizard who didn't care about the welfare of humans. But I don't think either of those things ever come up in that very short book series
>>
>>94640585
Hey, I'm okay with a girl who wants me abuse and hit her and then force her to commit crime with me because if she tries to run away I will shoot her.
>>
>>94598633
jesus christ i'm so tired of seeing this shit when i google a character
>>
>>94635153
Surprised they even know who he is.
>>
>>94600356
Hey look, a normie.
>>
>>94602105
>DC Is darker and more mature than Marvel
No normie has ever said this. The classic normie opinion is that Marvel is more gritty and reality based than DC, which is more super based.
>>
>>94604400
It really just depends who's writing. Frank Miller would make WW faint with a case of the vapors if Superman decided to put her in her place. I think Geoff Johns was one of the ones who wrote her as being one of the only heros capable of stalemating Superman.
>>
>>94643869
Wrong. Most normies/casuals have built their knowledge on the the films from the past 10 years. Most DC films have been dark, while most Marvel ones have been lighthearted.
>>
>>94598476
The main complaint it seems is that casuals are unable to separate stories from each other and think it's all part of one ongoing instead of a main cannon and side stories and what if's' Like they think the current superman and injustice are happening at the same time
>>
>>94610496
>>94631128
>Superhero movie comes out
>"I've loved [INSERT HERO] since I was a kid!"
I hate these fucks.

>I was a huge Marvel/DC fan as a kid [because I watched one of the cartoon series on Nick/CN like every other fucking kid in the 90s and early 00s did] and I don't like this movie/adaptatiioin or random tidbit of news I heard about [something that wasn't canon with the cartoons].
9/10 times, the fuckers have never so much as look at comic shops, let alone read them.
>>
>>94602827
Yeah, I remember that. People in the early 00s would constantly shit on DC for being "too kiddy" due to brightly coloured heroes.
>>
>>94621608
>Pic related is my mum's shrine to her. She has so much Wondy paraphenelia (since before the movie... yet she's only read 3 books and like most casuals can only name 2-3 villains. Cheetah, Circe, and Ares.
This is adorable. If you ever kill yourself, can I adopt your mother?
>>
>>94643869
Just check out social media and YouTube comments.
>>
>>94598569
>observe for i am of refined taste above these 'normies'
your derisiveness only serves to expose your jealousy
>>
>>94644051
Probably wouldn't want her, mate.
>>
>>94642759
In HP magic is treated as an antiquated art mostly kept alive for the sake of keeping it alive
which makes sense given the scope of magic in that universe, aside from the rad healing stuff they can do, you know
>>
>>94640472
I am actually depressed that modern comic writers dont get this about the joker. This isn't a normie problem either senpai.

All the good bat-writers have long fucking left the franchise. Also as much as I love morrrison, he never understood the Joker that well either.
>>
>>94604292
I thought it was super skrull for the longest fucking time until I re-watched it and felt retarded.
>>
File: 1378699495529.jpg (56KB, 404x342px) Image search: [Google]
1378699495529.jpg
56KB, 404x342px
>>94621121
You mean the movie that ended with a child and an old man fighting against talking dogs piloting airplanes?
>>
>>94598614
all superman comics i read were fucking shit , he is boring
>>
>>94632816
Punisher PUNCHED a polar bear, not threw it.
Big difference.
>>
>>94613172
this means the incredibles are the best F4, for embodying the ideals they are believed to have over the source material

it out F4ed the F4
>>
>>94644360
She should meet Tex Anon
>>
>Hawkman is so dumb, why isn't Hawkgirl with Green Lantern?
>>
>>94598678
You got a better one you are not telling us about?
>>
>>94598476
Toonfags whining about gatekeeping or comicsfags being cancer because comicsfags pointed out they don't know shit about their waifu.
>>
>>94635153
Hahaha you can't get me to stop anon
>>
File: 1502339215407.png (62KB, 140x247px) Image search: [Google]
1502339215407.png
62KB, 140x247px
lemme ask this, why do we and why should we care about what normalfags think? we're literally acting like /r9k/ right now. why should they know about or indulge in our hobbies? we don't need them.
also for the record if you say normie you are actually a normalfag. You too OP.
>>
>>94646624
Mayhaps an actual Fantastic Four movie?
>>94645685
The movie with the old man wanting to relive his childhood fantasies and loves while learning from a young kid and at the same time passing on his own experiences to the kid? Yes.
>>
>>94646813
>Le All of 4chan is my secret club
Shut up. You have no friends here.
>>
>>94646430
Oho... definitely not.
>>
File: 1487019775989.png (153KB, 405x405px) Image search: [Google]
1487019775989.png
153KB, 405x405px
>>94646967
>The movie with the old man wanting to relive his childhood fantasies and loves while learning from a young kid and at the same time passing on his own experiences to the kid
...and doing so by tying his house to a bunch of balloons and flying it all the way to South America, yeah.

You can't seriously pretend that The Incredibles is the only one at fault for having fantastical elements. Not that that's a bad thing, mind you
>>
>>94647006
Please don't make me do this... I'm gonna let you win this one. But only because I know what replies I may or may not get. Maybe I'm a "big 'ol bussy." But I know there's 40 Anons cracking their knuckles to spam troll replies.
>>
File: 1502197774740.png (174KB, 329x298px) Image search: [Google]
1502197774740.png
174KB, 329x298px
>>94646990
where in my post did I invoke that. you're pulling shit out of your ass. so you're saying you want normalfags to indulge in your hobbies...but no not really. ..you just want to shit on them for being a normalfag and not as cultured as you are.
my point is, if you know that they don't care about your interests as much, there's no reason to waste time complaining about them as a cheap way to make yourself feel confident and superior.
>>
>>94598476
>>BvS is high art
>>
>>94647128
what?
>>
>>94647139
I only said Normies once in the OP. I switched to "casual" because I realised "hardcore memers" like you would sperg out for using non 4chan approved words.
>>
File: Jungle Action_6.jpg (421KB, 679x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Jungle Action_6.jpg
421KB, 679x1024px
Every black person who lost their goddamn mind over the Black Panther trailer and how "lit" he is when I can garentee most of them have never even heard of the character until the Civil War movie came out and then just read the wiki page for him and decided hes always been their favorite

tfw I like the character because hes cool not just because hes black
tfw Ill be the only white person in the theater
>>
>>94598476
>UGH ANOTHER reboot?
>>
>>94647587
>memers
>4chan approved terminology
really nigga
>>
>>94622337
this very thread is full of shit fags
>>
File: THIS IS NOT IRON MAN.jpg (14KB, 216x418px) Image search: [Google]
THIS IS NOT IRON MAN.jpg
14KB, 216x418px
>>94598476
Image title speaks for itself. It's fucking astouding how many people actually think there was an "80s Iron Man movie".
>>
>>94647698
Same here. He's just a cool character, in general. Can't wait to see all the retarded social media stuff after it comes out though. I was the only black guy at a showing for Atomic Blonde
>>
>>94647770
Well. at least you didn't post a midframe Spongebob capture, like you've been doing. Steller argument by the way.
>>
>>94646581
That's more pitiful or hilarious at this point. Space cop Hawkgirl has been dead for more then decade if you ignore her brief resurrection in the new 52. And DC is back to pushing the Reincarnation versions again.

John Stewart no longer has as much SJW brownie points because Jessica Cruz and Simon Baz exist.

The person in charge of overseeing adaptations doesn't like Stewart or the pairing.
>>
not /co/ but I always get triggered when normies say shit about pokemon that isn't true

stuff like claiming lapras is an evo or making up things that never happened
and before you assume, I'm 28 and still keep hearing stuff like that at my job
>>
>>94649785
>>>/vp/
>>
>>94649825
threads in there are pure unadultered cancer though
>>
>>94598836
Agreed. Isn't that the appeal? I mean the guy has super strength and a bunch of abilities and still gets rekt regularly by a normal guy in scuba suit with a nonsensical vendetta against him. It's hilarious.
>>
>>94649855
No excuses.
>>
>>94631117
>dead baby seal corpses
GA Aquaman was hardcore
>>
>>94649598
>been dead for more then decade

*been dead for more than a decade
>>
File: 27.jpg (377KB, 1063x1420px) Image search: [Google]
27.jpg
377KB, 1063x1420px
>>94652703
Golden Age comics can get brutal.
>>
File: 28.jpg (368KB, 1023x1411px) Image search: [Google]
28.jpg
368KB, 1023x1411px
>>94654612
>>
>>94649234
I was the only Aztec in my cinema.
Thread posts: 397
Thread images: 56

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.