[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Carl Barks duck stuff

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6

File: dernald.jpg (62KB, 363x500px) Image search: [Google]
dernald.jpg
62KB, 363x500px
Read 'Lost in the Andes' and thought it was pretty cool, but definitely want to read a few more before I can decide if I'm really into his stories.

What Barks duck comic should I read next? Any other well-regarded stories I should try out? I'd rather get through Barks library before I move onto Rosa's.
>>
File: Back_to_the_Klondike.png (234KB, 265x374px) Image search: [Google]
Back_to_the_Klondike.png
234KB, 265x374px
>>94596808
If you liked Lost in the Andes, you may like The Golden Helmet, and if you're a Scrooge fan you'd definitely like Back to the Klondike. (Really, all of Carl Barks' adventure stories are great in my opinion, it's only his jokes that were hit and miss.)

Oh, and be sure to check out Don Rosa's sequel to Lost in the Andes, Return to Plain Awful.
>>
>>94596940
Thanks. I'll give Golden Helmet a go. Right now I'm mostly looking for more stories to get me hooked on Barks, but I plan on reading Rosa eventually.

Are there any other less-talked-about creators for the duck family outside of Barks and Rosa whose work I should check out?
>>
>>94597023
Wish I could help you there. My only exposure to the Duck comics is through those two, but I've heard there's some great Italian stories. Dunno how many have been translated, though.

Sad the gazillion threads about that crappy Ducktales reboot are getting so much attention than this thread.
>>
>>94597103
I'm still interested in the DuckTales reboot honestly, and a few discussions mentioned it taking a few more hints from/referencing the comics, which reminded me of them.
>>
File: 1502525217347.png (25KB, 662x166px) Image search: [Google]
1502525217347.png
25KB, 662x166px
>>94597340
The fact that one of the directors implicated the Nine Old Men in a remark about the "repressive" days of Disney gone by is enough reason for me to not want to support the show, even if it is decent. I hope she leaves.
>>
File: duk.png (23KB, 348x565px) Image search: [Google]
duk.png
23KB, 348x565px
Turns out you can even pirate 50s duck comics. Wonderful world we live in!
>>
>>94597379
I think she already left. Her episode was pretty bad too but there's still hope for the rest of the series.
>>
File: IMG_3131.gif (16KB, 369x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3131.gif
16KB, 369x500px
>>
>>94599331
thank you
>>
>>94599945
Because?
>>
>>94599991
because of the nice duck picture
>>
File: Barks Donald.jpg (24KB, 300x417px) Image search: [Google]
Barks Donald.jpg
24KB, 300x417px
>>94599331
>posting the inferior Disney Donald
>>
>>94601322
Looking sex-c
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.