[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>The first episode is polarizing, albeit decent for a Disney

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: duc_jeep_billboard_art_webres.jpg (591KB, 2000x879px) Image search: [Google]
duc_jeep_billboard_art_webres.jpg
591KB, 2000x879px
>The first episode is polarizing, albeit decent for a Disney cartoon
>The threads and discussion will be minimal for the first 3/4 of the season though there will be one or two notable stand out episodes. Hints of plot will get dropped
>The show will get hate because of reasons. (Too loud, too annoying, comedy is bad, x character is boring, plot is repetitive, etc.)
>The first season will end with a very standout episode justifying it's existence. Also there will be a main villain who everyone will like
>In season 2, the fandom will explode because the lore will get deeper, the characters will develop further. Threads will become a mainstay of the board
>Between season 2A and 2B, we'll look back at those opinions of the first episode and be like "wow, we were such faggots"

This is what's going to happen. How do I know?

It's happened for every Disney XD cartoon lately that had a continuous story. Phineas and Ferb, Gravity Falls, Star vs., it's the same thing. Heck, it was happening with Wander over Yonder, it just got cancelled because the first season didn't turn enough heads. It's a constant pattern. As someone who initially dropped Star vs on the first episode, I can attest to this.

As for the DT pilot itself, it was pretty good. I'd say it was better than PaF and Star's premiere but not as good as GF's
>>
>>94596592
>Phineas and Ferb
>Gravity Falls
>Star vs. The Forces of Evil
>Wander Over Yonder
Amidst all this namedropping you forgot to include one major factor in your prediction, faggot: not a solitary one of those shows was based on a preexisting property. DuckBoot has DuckTales AND a rich history of comic books to be compared to. It will have to work a hell of a lot harder than Gravity Falls ever did to win this board's overwhelming support.
>>
>>94596691
True enough. I still think I'm right though.

>win this board's overwhelming support.
That never happened with any of the shows I mentioned though. That's not the point
>>
>>94596691
This board is mostly Americans though and we don't really read duck comics much.

I mean, everyone's read Life and Times but that's pretty much it for most people's duck knowledge here except for one or two outliers.

Also, original Ducktales was good for its time and for when you were much younger and didn't understand quality but watching it now is painful.
>>
>>94596592
Soooo many references in these episodes.

They mentioned cities from ALL the major disney afternoon shows, for god sake! Saint Canard! Spoonerville! CAPE SUZETTE!

Webby's chart had reference to F.O.W.L. on it!

All the old shows are coming back! The boys have their own individual personalities! Webby is actually barable rather then utterly, deeply annoying every second she was on screen!

Launchpad is hilarious! Beakley is AWESOME! Scrooge and Donald's rivalry is flawlessly done. Flintheart is an asshole!

So many little things. From the lamp from the movie to the big stone coin from the original opening 5-episode Ducktales.

These episodes were nostalgia on crack, and only liable to start a new era of Disney toons.
>>
>>94596592
You forgot to add the last step, OP:
>After season 2 is over, /co/ goes back to hating the show because reasons.
>>
>>94596784

I kind of want to read some duck comics to get future referances they might include in the show. What are some good stories to read? Preferably in english if possible. Are the idw comics good?
>>
>>94597366
Just get the Carl Banks and the Don Rosa comics. A torrent for them should be really easy to find.
>>
>>94597157
But then S3 starts and we go back to discussing a children's cartoon heavily every week again at least in PnF and Star vs. case. (The other two didn't make it past S2)
>>
>>94596784
>OG DuckTales is painful
Lo and behold, an objectively wrong opinion. It's like witnessing a unicorn.
>>
>>94597366
>referances
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.