[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_5591.jpg (103KB, 540x789px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5591.jpg
103KB, 540x789px
I just watched SING and I have to say I'm very impressed. It had a lot of heart in it and genuinely made me smile, I was very involved with the story. I want to hear your thoughts and discussion, also post fanart. Provably doesn't have as much fans as Zootopia but it is a damn cute movie.
>>
>>94594059

Had potential but the jokes were extremely lazy and the character development was extremely forced. None of the cast bonded with each other until they were best friends at the end, and the only one who had a character arc instead of plot events was the pig.
>>
I loved this and Trolls
so comfy
>>
>>94594193
>they were best friends at the end
I don't remember that happenjng
>>
Sing is so weird because fundamentally, it should suck. It's a weak ass plot with shodily developed characters and a cast that panders to the most normie bullshit audience it can. But, people love it. It smashed the box office and has a huge following online as well as tons of demand for merch and a sequel. But that's because it's doing what a lot of animation departments seem to want to avoid completely; it's trying to be the most fun you can have in a theater. And for a kids animated movie, that's all you can really ask for. A fun film with likable characters and an ok moral at the end.
>>
>>94594445
>happenjng
>>
>>94594193
>None of the cast bonded with each other until they were best friends at the end

But that's not true, when Ash was crying over her ex cheating on her, Rosita, Gunther, ect. were comforting her.
>>
Someone post the Johnny shrine
>>
>>94594059
Hey whaddya know, I watched it last night too. I didn't really like it, it definitely wasn't a BAD movie, but it just wasn't for me. I didn't like any of the character designs save for a couple of them, and the story felt really weak and there were some parts that were meant to advance the plot that I thought were just plain dumb. Characters are down on their luck, find hope, things are looking up, oops shits fucked, but things turn out better than before because of the moral in the story. Didn't laugh at any of the jokes, and found myself getting bored. Definitely not a movie for me, but I can see why kids liked it, the singing was kind of cool. I do wanna fuck this sheep, though
>>
>>94594059
Honestly I was pretty happy with it. The eanimation on the characters was pretty good and the texturing on everything was superb.
I also was pretty happy with the selection of songs they used at the end. Other than the pig mom's they weren't super obvious.

I think the big issue is the size of the cast. There's too many plots to juggle at once and they all just sort of fall apart or peter out. It's not a masterpiece but it's much better than I expected.
>>
>>94597773
>eanimation
>>
File: IMG_5596.jpg (120KB, 500x647px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5596.jpg
120KB, 500x647px
>>94597594
>>
File: hotdogs.jpg (37KB, 500x442px) Image search: [Google]
hotdogs.jpg
37KB, 500x442px
How much do theater troupes get paid?

The ending really didn't seem happy to me, I was expecting record deals.
>>
File: IMG_5598.png (99KB, 500x334px)
IMG_5598.png
99KB, 500x334px
>>94597709
The plot definitely wasn't what I was expecting, I thought it was going to be like X-favtor. I did like how the strayed from "the theatre talent scout/manager is an asshole" trope. Sadly it's not something you'd see in real life, all tgese guys are cunty in some way. Buster is cute as fuck though.
>>
>>94600618
Not much, if at all. A lot of theatre stuff is just volunteer work, while big theatres like this still pay very low for troupes. Maybe between 1-2 thousand dollars a week if you're in a big company.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.