[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone even remember anything about this show?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: hqdefault (103.jpg (22KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (103.jpg
22KB, 480x360px
Does anyone even remember anything about this show?
>>
you saw the new Oney Plays, we get it.
>>
>>94588946
Jesus Christ, I actually remember this goddamn show. I thought about it while reading through a "shows only you remember" thread but could be bothered to post it.
>>
I have a vague memory of a show about a kid who became an angel.

Anyone remember that? He would switch back and forth.
>>
I remember it was what first made me notice that all cartoons starring black people tend to be the same.
>>
I remember the theme pretty well even tho I the last time I watched it was back in Kids WB.
>>
Yeah, I have memories of catching briefly as a kid. Wasn't something wrong with his leg?

>>94589401
The Gary Coleman Show (which isn't even the name of the character he plays)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7nz2TrbgJU
>>
https://youtu.be/j0wkHixS6iA

I don't think you can run and dance like that with a broken leg
>>
I remember he was voiced by Orlando Brown and he's lost his goddamn mind.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaQcD5mh5ww
>>
>>94589464
>Wasn't something wrong with his leg?
He had a corrective boot
>>
I remember liking it because it was pretty unabashedly hood. A lot of cartoons of the time followed The Fresh Prince's example and kept things safely lightskinned, but Waynehead wasn't afraid to be a little more street. Hell, I'm pretty sure there's an episode where the main character loses the money he was supposed to use to buy groceries playing nickels with his greedy friend.
>>
>>94588946
It was basically Hey Arnold but about black kids and not as memorable
>>
>>94588946

What the fuck does "Waynehead" even mean?
Was that the name of his deformity?
Is it Black slang for "Bald little nigga"?
Was it a cruel nickname? What?
>>
Yeah, it was part of the early days of The WB, when they really focused on appealing to African Americans. This, Wayans Bros, that show with the guy from Meteor Man...

But man was it boring.
>>
>>94589977
It was created by Damon Waynes

The main character was designed after Waynes, was named after him, and had a giant ass head. So Waynehead.
>>
>>94589928
1. Demon of The Dozens: Damey digs for dirt when his battle with the school bully turns into a "dozens" fight, a contest of insults. (October 19, 1996)
2. No Mo' Money: Damey tries to earn money for the Harlem Week Festival. (October 26, 1996)
3. Brothers And Bros.: Damey learns the difference between friends and family when he sneaks out of the house to run with his gang. (November 2, 1996)
4. Botswana Aki And The Hydrant of Doom: Damey's angry when he's forced to spend the day with the nerdy new kid, but when Aki is endangered by a run-in with the Hydrant of Doom, Damey sets out to rescue his unlikely friend. (November 9, 1996)
5. 3 Hats And You're Out: Waynehead's cousin Three Hats from Los Angeles comes to visit. (November 16, 1996)
6. Dad's A Spaz: Damey asks his dad to coach the gang for a game against the tough St. Mary's team, and soon realizes his dad's a disaster on the court. (November 23, 1996)
7. Be Mine...Or Else: Roz falls for Damey when he rescues her from junkyard dogs. (December 31, 1996)
8. To Be Cool Or Not To Be: Damey's desperate to keep his opera role a secret from the guys, but circumstances conspire against him. (February 1, 1997)
9. Special Delivery: Damey and his pals struggle to get Mom to the hospital when she goes into labor at the library. (February 15, 1997)
10. Quest For Fireworks: When Toof and Damey happen to find a firecracker the night before the 4th of July, the gang thinks they've got a secret source for illegal fireworks. (April 19, 1997)
11. A Friend In Greed: Damey's torn when Marvin gives him a Ken Griffey, Jr. autographed glove with the money he stole from the gang. (April 26, 1997)
12. Bummed Out: Damey helps a homeless DJ who works on his guilt over a prank they'd pulled just before the man was fired. (May 3, 1997)
13. Rebel Without A Paw: Damey becomes convinced that the world is against Tripod because of his missing paw. (May 17, 1997)
>>
>>94590041

That is silly.
That entire concept is silly.
>>
>>94588946
HEYYY OOOOHHH HEYYY OOOHHH
>>
>>94590166
They're kids from the Hood, what do you want
>>
Didn't this show have a few curses in it despite being for kids? or am i remembering shit wrong?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.