[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tim Drake

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 283
Thread images: 36

File: IMG_0111.png (243KB, 300x481px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0111.png
243KB, 300x481px
After a thread earlier, I went back and compared all of the Robins.

Tim as Robin and Red Robin is easily the best. He has a supporting cast. Best Titans/ a young Justice team. Stable girlfriend without being a slut like Dick or a dork like Jason. He is also less of a moron like them.

So what's the problem? I agree that Damian is pretty fun as Robin, but there is no reason to put Dick or Jason as Robin/Nightwing/ Red Hood ahead of Tim.
>>
>>94584387

Despite having a bunch of steady girlfriends and a pregnant girlfriend, the dude never got laid! Heck, it wouldn't surprise me if Damian has slept with more girls then Tim!
>>
He never was a Robin.

It's Dick, Jason, Damian. Red Robins like the signal, a different brand of sidekick.

Dicks more fleshed out. Tim is just tech smarter and better detective.

Damian is shown as being the smartest. See the Wally thing and witty banter.
>>
>>94584425
N52 Tim has banged 2 chicks. One an Amazon. Another area that he stomps Dick and Jason in.
>>
>>94584387
>He has a supporting cast.
Name several of Tim's supprorting characters that AREN'T other costumed crimefighters.
>Stable girlfriend
Now I know you're crazy. Tim has never had a steady relationship. The closest to that is Spoiler, and she's more of an on-again, off-again, will-they-won't-they tease.
>>
>>94584387
Are you arguing he was the best as Robin or he's the best legacy character from the former Robins? For Robin I'll probably give it to you he's the archetypal modern, plus a lot of Dick's time is out of continuity and Jason's writers hated him. But Red Robin is the worst of them he has nothing that makes him interesting.
>>
>>94584490

>Stable girlfriend

Ariana
>>
>>94584479
Dick has the most lays.
>>
>>94584479
n52 Tim isn't Tim Drake. Tim Drake isn't even his real name.
>>
>>94584513
All of dicks stuff exists and Titans restored more. Just the costume never existed.

Spoiler never was a Robin. Good.
>>
all other Robinfags are just jealous that Tim had 150+ well written issues of his own series and that PAD's Young Justice is better than any version of Teen Titans ever
>>
>>94584571
You guys were a lot less annoying when your spirits were crushed with hopelessness.
>>
>>94584524
Yeah but he's a shit boyfriend. Lately I think the boyfriend potential among ex Robins is showing itself to be Jason> Tim> Dick
>>
>>94584490
Does supporting cast have to be civilians? That's a dumb rule. Tim is faithful to whatever girl he is with and pretty stable.
>>
>>94584628

What are you a girl? Why would you rate Robins on boyfriend material? And if you're not a girl then Tim's the only answer, he's the only gay Robin.
>>
>>94584628
He doesn't need to be a good bf. Women are lame anyway.

Vast majority of comic characters are single pump n dumpers.

The forever bachelor was done in comics before America adopted in real ife. 50 percent of men USA aren't married.
>>
>>94584682
Where does this Tim is gay Robin come from? If anything he's the straightest. Winick implied that Jason is but and Dick has a damn harem.
>>
>>94584628
Jason seems the type to cry during sex. Don't forget his 1st time was pretty much rape. He has good taste in dominant women though.
>>
>>94584628
Ehhh Tim is a shit. I say Jason is the only good boyfriend material. Dick would be fine if he would stop sabatoging himself.
>>
>>94584524
Most of it seems to be rape thogh
>>
>>94584479
Jason will get Amazon pussy soon enough. Although is threre a reason Dick and Donna never happened?
>>
>>94584521
...was Tim's high school sweetheart whose parents sent her to an all-girls school after they caught her and Tim sharing their like second kiss, and hasn't appeared in the comics for almost twenty fucking years.

Yeah, that's the definition of a "stable relationship".

I want characterfags who don't read comics to jump off a cliff.
>>
File: IMG_5104.jpg (61KB, 250x380px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5104.jpg
61KB, 250x380px
tim is a good boy.
>>
>>94584704

Have you read a Tim Drake comic? Tim is known for having pussy throw themselves at him that he constantly dodges for no real reason. Ariana the cute Russian tries to get him to sleep with her while wearing a cute pink Teddy. They break up because of it. He dates Spoiler, who's pregnant and is totally up for fucking. They never Fuck. Secret and Arrowette both have crushes on him in Young Justice. Ravager shows up to his room naked, Lucious Fox's daughter, etc and he remains a virgin pre nu-52.

And in the weird obsession with Kon-el (he tries to clone him, changes his costume to Kon-el's colors, macks out with Kon's girlfriend after he dies).

Tim is either asexual or gay.
>>
>>94584571
>Dixon
>Well written
>PAD
>Better than NTT
>>
>>94584704
I'm waiting for Dick to become bi. It's coming. Also Jason being a faggot would be the least surprising thing ever.
>>
>>94584470
Fuck your retcon. He was Robin for more than twenty fucking years. The only Robin to hold his own title, for like 17 years.
Tim is the most fleshed out Robin by orders of magnitude.
>>
>>94584387
Of course he's the best. He's a Mary Sue after all. Boring one at that.
>>
>>94584886
I'll accept this if it leads to Dickstroke
>>
>>94584807
They were in a relationship from either his 2nd or 3rd mini to the mid 50's of his ongoing. That's a stable relationship.

He also had a stable relationship with Spoiler from after he broke up with Ariana until... 120's? 130's of his ongoing. Until Batman outed his Secret Identity to her.

The guy has long stable relationships, he just doesn't get laid in them.
>>
>>94584769
Dick/ Donna would be too pure
>>
>>94584704
There is no way Tim is straighter than Dick. Hell Tims hero worship of Dick came across as homoerotic sometimes
>>
>>94584886
They won't make any of them gay they've been dodging that implication since Wertham. Well they might be able to get away with Damian since he's is an actual blood relative.
>>
>>94584835
This. Although Chuck Dixon ostensibly wrote Tim as heterosexual, and he'd get fairly shallow crushes every so often to prove he had a case of the NotGays, but whenever a girl actually showed interest in HIM, which was more often than not, he'd immediately ball up and start acting like an aescetic monk.
>>
>>94584906
It's not my retcon. It's the reality it is now.

He is obv getting a new Id post lonely place of living.
>>
>>94584387
The longer I go the more convinced I am that who someone's favorite Robin is tells you how fucking casual they are.
Tim? People who not only know their shit, they know it from comics.
Damien? Johnny-come-lately batgod retards, the exact people Denny O'Neill fucking destroyed with Azrael.
>>
>>94584769
>Although is threre a reason Dick and Donna never happened?

It's disgusting. They're siblings.
>>
>>94585009
But casuals don't like Damian. They like Dick and Jason.
>>
>>94585003
Tims bi.

Jason asexual sociopath.
>>
File: Jetskisexual.jpg (202KB, 500x420px) Image search: [Google]
Jetskisexual.jpg
202KB, 500x420px
>>94584980
>>
>>94585021
I'd argue that Dick and Babs are siblings too but people have no problem with them.
>>
File: image.jpg (57KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57KB, 480x480px
>>
>>94584936
1992 to 1997 (she showed up in a few issues later, but that's when the break up happened)... I'll give you five years is a long time IRL, but this is comic book time. Their whole relationship lasted maybe an entire school year in-universe, and never escalated beyond hand-holding because Tim wanted to safeguard his precious virginity/was a deeply confused gay boy on the cusp of manhood.

I'm not saying Tim is BAD at relationships, but he's definitely not GOOD at maintaining them - how many of those fifty issues were spent with Ariana or her parents handwringing over how that Drake boy takes her for granted? If you're going purely by "how many issues a relationship lasts", I'm pretty sure Dick and Starfire were an item for at least twice as many issues of NTT.
>>
>>94584490
Before the Nu52 he had all his higschool friends, his Dad before he died, as well as Tam Fox.

Now name me some from the other Robins.
>>
>>94584980
Could've been out of fear and not gayness though
>>
>>94585003
My guess is that he'll end up remembering pre-flashpoint.

Fucking silver age fetishists and bat-edgelords ruined DC.
>>
>>94584966
New 52 Dick and Tim aren't even close. Tim now worships Jason and is a hero because of him now. Even called himself Red Robin instead of Robin because he wanted to honor Jason's memory or some shit.
>>
>>94585041
Jason is far from asexual. He has good taste in women minus Babs. He is just a giant dork. Dick should be his wingman and help him find chicks.
>>
>>94585039
Casuals love Damien and Jason.
>>
>>94585120
Well yeah now, but I was talking about Tims gayness back then.
>>
>>94585099
Nah. Too confusing plus pre flashpoint isn't fully coming back.

It's time to move on like all sidekicks.
>>
>>94584966
Is it just me or does Jason's hatred of Dick also come across as homoerotic?
>>
>>94584769
Because Dick is a good friend and didn't want to fuck Donna because of Roy, unlike Roy who had no problem fucking Starfire it seems.
>>
>>94585124
Dick would ruin it. Let him stay slutty somewhere else. Jason can charm women on his own
>>
>>94585151
Now he is gay for Jason.
>>
>>94584490
For a while there he had his friend Ives and his girlfriend Ariana, along with his dad and his step-mom, Dana. Then there were the other guys at Brentwood but I can't recall any of their names offhand.

But then he and Ariana broke up, Ives disappeared, his dad was killed and I think Dana got nuked in Blüdhaven, I dunno. It's been a while.

Really, Tim wasn't a bad character and there was a reason he was able to hold a solo for so fucking long, but he went to complete shit after Dixon and PAD. A lot of people blame IdC, but he was bad before then, pretty much ever since YJ ended.

I'd like him to be good again (and I am annoyed by the "/co/ hates Tim just because he's Tim" meme), but DC has their work cut out for them. Tim's been shit as a character for almost as long as he's been good, and it's hard to come back from shit like that.
>>
>>94585151
Do you remember when Tim spied on shirtless Dick through cameras? I do.
>>
>>94584387

>Tim
>Not Rason Rodd

cmon son
>>
File: image.jpg (270KB, 750x1139px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
270KB, 750x1139px
Tim vs another Batman in the jail.
>>
>>94585124
He should get Bruce to help him. They have the same taste in women given they both fucked Talia.
>>
>>94585178
I feel that way too but maybe it's cause I've been on tumblr too long.
>>
>>94585232
It's his future self. Our Tim becomes the arkham knight.
>>
>>94584906
Quantity != Quality

Tim had 17 years of "he's just a normal kid like you, reader! He has good morals and does average teenager stuff."

There's barely any personality there aside from "good with computers and nice"
>>
>>94585237
Is that still canon though? I say Dick because they both like red heads.
>>
>>94585227
> Rason Rodd

Why is corny Jason so adorable?
>>
File: image.png (67KB, 288x345px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
67KB, 288x345px
>>94585252
Makes sense.
>>
>>94585260
Her helping him's still in there, but~I doubt it will ever be brought up. I'm amazed they let Winnick do it in the first place.
We'll never get Jason telling Damian he fucked his mom. Feels bad.
>>
>>94585216
Uh no?????
>>
>>94585291
What Earth does the Arkham games take place on?
>>
>>94585319
>We'll never get Jason telling Damian he fucked his mom. Feels bad.
Jason teased him a bit pre-Flashpoint in that Batman and Robin run. Winnick wrote a few issues near the end and had him smugly ask Damian how he mother was doing.
>>
>>94584980

You need to remember that Chuck Dixon is an old school conservative writing for kids and teens, then it makes sense.

Tim was a heterosexual man! Robin of Batman! Of course girls were throwing themselves at him. But pre-marital teen age sex is wrong. Tim, being extremely moral, would of course turn down immoral teenage sex.

Of course, this makes Tim come off as really really gay, but Dixon doesn't believe gays exist so nbd.
>>
>>94585009
Damian's a piece of shit, but he's at least fun to read about. Also he was created by Grant Morrison; it's hard to argue that he's representative of 2kewl4comics mentality
>>
>>94585237
Man that story had horrible characterization across the board.
>>
>>94585349
>Winnick wrote a few issues near the end
Ah yes Ginger Thor Jason wandering around in a small towel beating up rapists, and reading Jane Austen. Still weird after all this this time.
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 1024x768px
>>94585291
Except no.
>>
>>94585129
>>94585039

Actual casuals don't care about Robin's real name retard
>>
>>94585129
I don't believe you. Between the animated movies and Injustice 2, the fuck Damian sentiment has never been louder.
>>
>>94585419
Red Hood was the most demanded character in polls for Injustice so they at least have some awareness.
>>
File: image.jpg (262KB, 1280x1239px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
262KB, 1280x1239px
>>94585414
Just make him Batman again along with bruce. Would fit the dual mantles and legacy thing going on.
>>
>>94585470
I don't understand why Timfags want Tim to become Batman. He's the one Robin with the small enough baggage to let him live a normal life.
>>
>>94585241
This is truly Winicks fault
>>
>>94585512
Because they're desperate for something to make Tim special despite it being made super clear repeatedly that Dick is the heir to the mantle
>>
>>94585512
His detective skills. Plus heis nice as pre crisis batman.
>>
>>94585547
Dick never wanted to be batman. Morrison threw that out.
>>
>>94584387
Am I the only one that finds Tim the most attractive?
>>
>>94585574
>Detective skills
There are way better ways to use this than to make him live a life dedicated to a war on crime.
>He's nice
So is Dick and 90% of superheroes
>>
>>94585600
They all look the same except Damian. Their appearance only differ based on the artist
>>
>>94585611
Dick is actually a giant uptight hypocrite asshole. Tim is in fact the nicest
>>
>>94585585
I thought Dick not wanting to be Batman is what made him a good Batman. He understood the weight behind it.
>>
>>94585600
Why????
>>
>>94585585
>Dick never wanted to be batman
Just because he doesn't want it doesn't mean he won't get it. Do you know how many times Dick's been raped? Nobody cares about what Dick wants
>>
>>94585585
He doesn't want to be, but he understands that it should fall to him
>>
>>94585625
>>94585646
Tim has more of a pretty boy look and slender body. Jason and Dick are too muscular looking.
>>
>>94585600
He's the most... Twinkish I guess. Probably because artists still draw him like a teenager while Dick and Jason get drawn as adults.
>>
>>94585629
Wut
>>
>>94585670
That's just because he's younger. If they ever decide to put Tim as an adult he'll get drawn like Dick and Jason
>>
>>94585673
Anon mistakes a character having flaws for their entire character
Dick's a nice person who is also self-righteous sometimes and can be mean when he's angry or bothered about something
>>
>>94584387
They're all better than Tim because Red Robin is a dumbass name
Nightwing and Red Hood show a clear graduation from Robin, but Tim never graduated, which is why he's perpetually 17 and stuck in a hole writing-wise
He can't go back to being Robin because of Damian, the best thing you can do with him is give him a new name and try and salvage the wreckage that the nu52 turned his life into
>>
>>94585670
But Dick is pretty slender and clearly a pretty boy. Unless drawn by Greg land
>>
>>94585093
>Before the Nu52 he had all his higschool friends
You seriously don't think Tim's high school friends were in any way relevant to Nicieza's Red Robin, do you? Sorry to say anon, most of the stuff that Dixon built up in his ongoing was ignored or torn down by other writers, starting with the death of Jack Drake in Identity Crisis.

You also seem to be willfully ignorant of the fact that Nightwing has had his own ongoing more often than not the past 20 years, and that means he's had just as many friends and coworkers and love interests, like Clancy, his Irish-Asian-American landlady, or his fellow cops from the Bludhaven PD. Before you accuse me of being a Dickfag, I'm not saying any of their supporting casts are better or worse - they're all pretty mediocre to me - but don't act like Tim's the only one.
>>
>>94585276
It's the contrast between the his dork side and his edgy side.
>>
>>94584387
Tim is alright. The most baffling thing is how popular Dick is: he is truly a Mary's sue with little personality
>>
>>94587035
>The most baffling thing is how popular Dick is
Blame the cartoons.
>>
>>94587113
But he was popular in comics before that. I'm talking about comic fans who like Dick.m when he is bland as hell.
>>
>>94587165
Depends what he's in. Give him a good supporting cast of friends and people to play off like Teen Titans (when it's well written) or Grayson and he's amazing. Though I've never really liked Nightwing.
>>
>>94584769
Marv Wolfman wanted his SI to marry his waifu
>>
>>94585291
How does one integrate the Arkham Knight persona into the main comics.
>>
>>94584525
Is his real name. It's just not his full name. Read more comics, anon.
>>
>>94587340
Tynion tries with that bad first Tec arc/ honestly if it's not Jason then I don't care
>>
>>94587328
Terry was cool bro. He and Dick laughed at retarded strippers together so it's all good
>>
>>94587352

Tim, or Timothy is his first name but the last name Drake was given to him by Witness Protection. We don't know Tim's actual last name.

Learn 2 comics, anon. The nu52 team, heck the whole Young Justice crew are completely different character in Nu52. Barr Tor isn't Bart but an Atheist terrorist, and Kon-El is no longer the SCIENCE baby of Superman and Luthor but the clone of an evil Jonathon Kent of the future.
>>
>>94584490
You didn't read much of Dixon's run, or Jon Lewis afterwards, did you, anon? He was faithful and in love with Steph for a good 70 issues.
>>
>>94587501
They were completely different characters ever since Johns got them for his TT run. N52 was even worse, by a huge degree, but that trio (plus WG) have been getting their personalities and characters fucked over ever since YJ ended.
>>
>>94587524
>Virgin nerd shacked up with used goods

Beta Max
>>
>>94587619

There's a difference between personality changes with different writers and completely different characters with similiar names.

John's Bart Allen, Pad's Bart Allen, and Waid's Bart Allen all were Barry's grandkid from the future with superspeed and adhd. Lobdel's Barr Tor is a completely different character, an atheist religious terrorist from the future.

Kessell's, Pad's and John's Kon-el was Superman's clone trying to live up to and eventually take over Superman's legacy. Lobdel's Kon-el was a clone of an evil child of Superman's that... actually I don't remember Superbody's story.

Nu52 Tim Drake only shares a name with Post-crisis Tim Drake, and he doesn't even share a last name because Drake isn't his real name.
>>
>>94587813
Okay, but you really don't think that DC Rebirth is gonna end with all their pre-52 backstories restored?

We already have white Wally West back and Tim conspicuously kidnapped, I assume something something time fuckery something something memory fuckery will come up as a handwave for "and that's why everything is same as it ever was".

Yeah, I do share trepidations that Johns is the one to oversee these characters going "back to their roots", but as you noted, his versions of the characters had more-or-less the same origins, and I think if there's one thng Johns hates, it's having to memorize a bunch of stuff that invalidates what was canon when he was in college.
>>
>>94587501
Freaking no. You have NOT read the comics. Drake is his middle name.
>>
>>94587712
Whatever, man. Wasn't arguing that it was the best pair ever. Just that it wasn't a shiptease will-they-won't they.
>>
>>94585051

Ah one of Tim's great fetishes. The other two being open masked Batgirl outfits and female Asians who are criminals.
>>
>>94585600
No, he is the cutest. Dick is the handsomest.
>>
File: Adorable dork.jpg (91KB, 619x388px) Image search: [Google]
Adorable dork.jpg
91KB, 619x388px
>>94584387
>or a dork like Jason.
But he's OUR dork.
>>
>>94587813
PAD's and Waid's Bart was fun
Johns' wasn't
Kesel, PAD, Kelly's Superboy was fun
Johns wasn't
PAD and Dixon's Tim was fun
Johns' Tim sucked
Lobdell literately did the exact same thing Johns did, but under New 52 editorial instructions (aka Johns)
>>
File: yeah nah.png (418KB, 728x610px) Image search: [Google]
yeah nah.png
418KB, 728x610px
>>94584824
>Timothy "I hacked" Drake
>good
>>
>>94585600
I don't know, the most exposure I have with him was on Booth's art. That kinda affect me in a bad way.
>>
>>94588595
Jason's feet are huge!!!
>>
>>94585697
Like when he fucked a crippled girl before invited her to his wedding right?
Oh he suuuure is angry and bothered about something during that.
Yeah suuuuure.

What a nice person Dick is!
>>
>>94588689
Why is this face so funny?
>>
File: who knows.png (451KB, 1212x610px) Image search: [Google]
who knows.png
451KB, 1212x610px
>>94588883
>>
>>94588689
Damnit I hate Ferdinand on nightwing
>>
>>94584387
>Not liking Jason dorkiness
You're gay,

G A Y
A
Y
>>
>>94588830
Don't look at current Titans then. Everyone's limbs look goofy and they look like they lost a fight with an oil truck
>>
>>94588872
Judging Dick's character on something that poorly written is like judging Jason's character for when he pretended to be Nightwing and started killing people to ruin Dick's reputation then turned into a tentacle monster and started eating people
>>
>>94589010
And missing out all the clusterfuck?
Yeah nah, that sudden fight between wally and roy are the highlight for the series for me.
>>
>>94588987
Anon it's Rason. Not Jason. You guys need to stop making that mistake.
>>
>>94584387
He defined himself too much as Robin, when that has been a name that gets handed down to a young hero. Tim needs to define himself.

Incidentally, he would have likely been a good choice for a Gotham hero active during the day, but they gave that to the Signal. Could have gotten a chance to really come into his own then, make an identity that was all his, but it got spent elsewhere.
>>
>>94585252
Seems fair.
After all, he was Jason-ish in the Timevese.
>>
>>94589117
Is there a reason why Wally can't punch Roy's head off? Not reading Titans just curious
>>
>>94589083
>judging Jason's character for when he pretended to be Nightwing and started killing people to ruin Dick's reputation then turned into a tentacle monster and started eating people
Of course, because that's literally Jason at that time. His "want people dead because they're scum" is always a part of him, it's just that the current him already developed and grew out of that phase because he got bzarro and artemis.

Just like what Dick did to Shawn (I don't want our kid to have your bad influence), and being a traitor in Titans, he's still the same person. He's still the same person who will pity fuck a crippled girl and invited her to his wedding in the morning.

So yeah, the judgement is fair and true.
>>
>>94585260
>>94585319
I would say Jason likes strong women in general, anon, but especially blondies.

And didn't they refer to their closeness in the last vol. of incorporated and the stuff in n52 RHATO? Maybe not the fuck part, but their could have had some kind of relationship canonically... yet.
>>
File: lel.jpg (738KB, 1041x1600px) Image search: [Google]
lel.jpg
738KB, 1041x1600px
>>94589196
I don't know you tell me.
>>
>>94589289
Wtf. Aren't they in the middle of a fight ???
>>
>>94587915
Rebirth won't restore it all.
>>
>>94589083
I also want to add,
Are you just going to brushed off every part of a Dick you don't like because "the writer is shit"?
You'd know that will always going to bite you in the ass.
>>
>>94589289
Ahh good ol Roy is still garbage
>>
>>94589325
Exactly.
Titans have been a hell of a clusterfuck you've been missing too much. Try to read it during storytime. (no need to read it from the start, since if nothing's happening you can still bashed it with shit booth's art)
>>
>>94589325
Happened lot in pre crisis. Every boy wanted Donna in the Bob Haney runs.
>>
>>94584835
They should just have him star in a Young Animal comic where he fucks Kon already. And get Marcus To to draw it.
>>
>>94589118
I don't know that Rason Rodd fellow.
And definitely doesn't rhyme with anyone else's name.
>>
>>94584387
Not that into Batman lore, but I remember that each Robin had an aspect of Batman or something?
Time Drake has Batman's detective skill right? What aspects of Batman do Dick, Jason, and Damien have?
>>
>>94589118
Who's this Rason you speak of?
>>
>>94589567
Who do you think it rhymed with?
>>
>>94589549
Jason has the drive. Damian has the legacy and brooding and cunning. Dick has the save people and fighting skills.

Anyways Bruce won't ever be fully replaced but have another batman existing with him.

Pre nu52 was Dick and Bruce.

Doomsday clock probably ends with more legacies. You can tell Johns want character progression and mantle sharing.

The Jla could end up being all legacy again like pre flashpoint.
>>
>>94589662
>You can tell Johns want character progression and mantle sharing.
Judging by how they're approaching GL, yep.
Not a bad thing, honestly, and that comes from someone who comes from Marvel. If it's natural and built, I say why not.
>>
File: image.jpg (122KB, 444x630px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
122KB, 444x630px
>>94589662
>>
>>94589357
Wally could've ignored him
>>
File: Batman aspect.jpg (211KB, 750x752px) Image search: [Google]
Batman aspect.jpg
211KB, 750x752px
>>94589549
>>94589662
I really hate the Robin is an aspect of Bruce's personality thing. I blame Tynion.
>>
>>94589789
But then they'd look like an actual competent team, we can't have that
>>
>>94589357
Why do people have Roy so much should be the real question
>>
>>94589800
I hate it too. It reduces all of their characters to parts of Bruce which just seems stupid.
>>
>>94589800
They're his damn kids. It's gonna rub off on him.
>>
>>94589910
Tim/stephanie drake isn't his kids.
>>
>>94589820
Do you see his hat? He is stupid trailer trash
>>
>>94589910
>It's gonna rub off on him.
Well now we're back to gay Robin.

It's just a far to simplistic reading of the characters that some writers and fans jump on. They all have certain similar aspects to each other, but reducing characters to a single trait is bad for them. Dick for example has never been a bad detective, dude was a cop for God sake, but this got reduced to give it to Tim.
>>
>>94589800
I like the concept of it. Each Robin having a particular specialization that better differentiates their skill from the other Robins.
>>
>>94589967
He is. Tim has no dad.
>>
File: cass steph tim sleep.jpg (411KB, 567x800px) Image search: [Google]
cass steph tim sleep.jpg
411KB, 567x800px
>>94584387
Tim gets Steph and Cass
>>
>>94590028
Dick never pieced shit with ease like Bruce. Or even Tim. Tim figured out who is Batman and night wing is at a young age. No one else has those skills. Why do you think Oz kidnapped him?

Most of Marvs Titan run is just Dick fighting good and saving the day, while Slade pawns his ass. Tons of Silver Age Dick is just Dick failing to figure out mysterys.

Cops are dog shit at figuring out shit and require higher authority figures to help.
>>
>>94590188
No one was saying Dick was as good a detective as Bruce or Tim, anon, they were just saying he's a competent one and shouldn't be reduced to just 'the acrobat' Robin just like how Tim shouldn't be reduced to just 'the detective' Robin
>>
>>94590250
Dick is nothing more but a shitty meme character that had his first passable story after "dying"
>>
>>94590250
No one is reducing them. They still have character quirks and personalitys. But they all do some things better as the books shows.
>>
>>94590171
Cass is gay now.
>>
>>94590367
She banging Harper?
>>
>>94590413
hopefully
>>
>>94590367
>>94590413
>>94590663
Now we can have a lesbian only bat-team.
>>
>>94590030
This. It also highlights just how unique Bruce is that he has all of those specialities that other people would be lucky to have just one of.
>>
>>94584470
Did Nu52 retconned Tim as Robin??? WTF?!?!?!

Why knew Nu52 was bad but this is mindblogging non-sense!
>>
>>94591364
Where the fuck have you been.
>>
>>94590171
>Tim gets Steph and Cassie
better
>>
>>94591422
I stopped reading comics when Nu52 begun.
>>
>>94584807

>has literally no idea of Ariana's relationship with Tim
>claims to read comics

Get off of this board, dude.
>>
>>94584387
Anybody have that screenshot of Tim hacking? I think it was from a 90s comic and he uses a bunch of ridiculous words like "tubular" or something.
>>
Holy shit there is a literal Tim war on tumblr right now.
>>
>>94592151
/co/mblr
>>
>>94592151
I saw that it's a group of Jason lovers that seem to hate Tim. Truly co and tumblr are one
>>
>>94592386
I don't think Jason lovers hate Tim, I love both and hate Damien, (((Batwoman))), Batwing, Harper, Duke.
>>
>>94592386
Jason fangirls are really defensive of him tbqh. Like how they try and make him seem more politically correct by saying he's a feminist and that he's also a latino.
>>
>>94592426
this
Jason and Tim are the best Robins
Dick and Damian can fuck off
>>
File: 1502074868170.png (154KB, 250x382px) Image search: [Google]
1502074868170.png
154KB, 250x382px
>>94592435
>Like how they try and make him seem more politically correct by saying he's a feminist and that he's also a latino.

I don't know why this surprises me
>>
>>94592459
Dick is great.

Who needs to fuckoff are the post-52 characters like Batlesbianjew, Batwing. Blue Hair and Duke Cage
>>
>>94592435
These ones still stick by the possibility that he could be related to Shiva.
>>
File: btfo.png (73KB, 720x635px) Image search: [Google]
btfo.png
73KB, 720x635px
>>94592478
They literally started harassing Lobdell after he said he wouldn't make Jason bisexual and latino
Tumblr was a mistake
>>
File: IMG_0136.jpg (2MB, 2048x1362px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0136.jpg
2MB, 2048x1362px
>>94592435
>he's a feminist and that he's also a latino.
>>
>>94592525
Bat woman is pre52 you moron
>>
>>94592596
She was (re)introduced in the 52 series of 2006 was a Jewish lesbian.
>>
>>94592435
I guess I'm not a fangirl then. Tsk.

What a pitty, I was absolutely digging him right now: has the most interesting editorial history and character development in the Batfam. And the sexiest costume.

I would add mecha somewhere (a bipedal tank or a trabsforming bike or something), but so far, Jason is nice stuff.
>>
>>94592525
Dickfags are dicks and faggots
>>
>>94592549
What happen to bunker?
>>
why did new52 Teen Titans have to make every origin story more complicated for the original young justice trio?
-was fanboy turned hero
-clone of superman and lex
-and Barry's grandson from the future
so much more boring than
-Olympic level gymnast and genius hacker put under witness protection because he fucked with the Penguin, and turned into Bruce's new sidekick
-time traveling clone of Superman's evil son from the future
-and something so complicated i don't even remember if he's in anyway related to Barry
>>
>>94592664
More I learn about new52 more happy I'am for staying out of comics.
>>
>>94592664
DC constantly fucks it their own characters for no good reason.
>>
>>94592664
editorial mandate to keep Johns, Snyder, Azz and Morrison happy meaning Lobdell had separate their origins as far as possible from those franchises
>>
>>94592933
Did Geoff Johns approve this? Everybody says he is the DC Guy that reabilited Silver Age characters
>>
File: Hackitude.jpg (57KB, 240x505px) Image search: [Google]
Hackitude.jpg
57KB, 240x505px
>>94591696
>>
>>94592549
>I'm not Bendis
Holy shit, is this real?
>>
>>94594371
Yep
Lobdell brings the bants
>>
>>94585039
casuals buy Damian Wayne comics his books are in to 40.
>>
>>94594570
Forget Angry Superheroes — the Big Money Is In Kids' Comics -
>>
>>94594588
Kids probably don't know about timfags.
>>
>>94594570
That's right kids. ^_~
The real problem are the Jason comics themselves
Convoluted soap-operas that should have ended 2years ago
>>
I think the best book to really grab new readers would be supersons.I honestly think Cartoons are the best Vehicle outside of actual comics to create new fans.
>>
>>94594681
Damian sales . casuals love him,

http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2017/2017-05.html
>>
>>94594632
>>94594655
>>94594681
>>94594738
>random capitalisation
>weird punctuation
>obsession with Damian

Damifag has finally been summoned, we did it reddit!
>>
File: IMG_0223.jpg (181KB, 666x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0223.jpg
181KB, 666x1024px
Fuck damien and Fuck his faggot fans!
>>
>>94591594
Well, Rebirth has already retconned a bunch of stuff, so who knows
>>
>>94585073
What happened in the original issue?
>>
>>94584470
>different brand of sidekick

Aside from the retcons, Red Robin was already an alias for Jason and Dick before him
It's like the last year at Robin School
>>
>>94594824
What the hell is wrong with her left hand? Poorly drawn bullshit
>>
>>94592549
I'm going to search this tweet and i will give and heart on it
>>
>>94585470
>Just make him Batman again along with bruce.

But why? Batman is still there, why should someone take his mantle? This is ANAD level of bs
>>
>>94584835
>Tim is asexual

You know, i don't care of who fucks who in a superhero comic, but this i would want to read
In fact, i can't think of any asexual character that isn't like cosmic level
>>
>>94594824
>>94585039
>>94584906
Jasonfag has finally been summoned, we did it 4 chan!
>>
>>94594824
Timfags homosexual (Hipsters)
>>
>>94594824
Why Tim Drake's popularity has fallen significantly over the past ...his fanboys.
>>
l hate Tim Drake but now he is just there, like I see him but every time, I do he bores me to death.

DC just can't figure out what to do with him.
>>
>>94585039
. Damian's refreshing, especially after Tim drake, and he had a great character arc.
>>
Batman Tim .
>>
File: tumblr_n65hxrni0G1rawmemo1_500.png (580KB, 479x750px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n65hxrni0G1rawmemo1_500.png
580KB, 479x750px
Battle for the Cowl
>>
>>94585470
The only Robin who should become Batman is Damian and you all know it
>>
>>94594738
>http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2017/2017-05.html
And he is just 13.
>>
>>94595488
Jason ?
>>
>>94585258
Look at that, a Damianfag who doesn't know their comics talking out their ass.

If Tim doesn't have a personality, neither does Batman.
>>
>>94596231
>a personality
Tims personality is Batman.
Tim is a clone .
>>
>>94596231
think it's because Tim never really moved on to anything else besides just being (red) robin. When Damien was added and established as Batman's Robin, Dick was able to fall back on being Nightwing and Jason could fallback on being the Red Hood. Tim was still stuck as being Robin
>>
Aside from Damain being robin the main reason why he is pushed because he is robin and in all honesty its time for Tim to move on from being known as the sidekick character Robin like Dick and Jason did;
>>
>>94584479
> Dick has probably banged every piece of ass that shows interest.

You're definitely right with Jason, he turns down pusy even when they offer it. CoughBabs. But Dick's a walking slut.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 1000x897px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 1000x897px
>>94594908
>>
File: image.jpg (225KB, 500x697px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
225KB, 500x697px
>>94596692
>>
File: IOmsU.png (273KB, 543x228px) Image search: [Google]
IOmsU.png
273KB, 543x228px
>>
File: image.jpg (165KB, 544x799px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
165KB, 544x799px
>>94596708
>>
File: image.jpg (48KB, 400x244px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48KB, 400x244px
>>94596727
Not in order
>>
File: image.jpg (73KB, 500x245px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73KB, 500x245px
>>94596727
>>
File: image.jpg (253KB, 685x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
253KB, 685x1024px
>>94596727
Ok
>>
File: image.jpg (248KB, 664x822px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
248KB, 664x822px
>>94596822
>>
File: image.jpg (128KB, 514x799px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
128KB, 514x799px
>>94596727
>>
So in the Arkham series it's Tim and Babs who are boning.

Weird.
>>
File: image.png (637KB, 443x669px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
637KB, 443x669px
>>94596727
On
>>
File: image.jpg (224KB, 498x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
224KB, 498x750px
>>94596727
>>
File: image.jpg (824KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
824KB, 1600x1200px
>>94596927
Gtg
>>
>>94596534
>he turns down pusy even when they offer it. CoughBabs.
You mean Jason the only person that smart enough to refuse a slut?
Well well well, he got a plus point to me now.
>>
>>94585574
You know you're right, Bruce should just retire immeditely and give his cowl to Tim.
>>
>>94592617
Post-52 means after the new 52, not after the event
>>
>>94590188
>Tim figured out who is Batman and night wing is at a young age

Because he saw Dick do a specific acrobatic flip two different times and immediately decided it had to be the same guy when he asked a carny if anybody else could do it but Dick Grayson.
>>
>>94584886
Jason is the Robin who least likely to be gay.
>>
>>94596231
Throughout Tim's tenure as Robin, editorial basically had him as a stand in for the reader. He had a personality but it was very bland and boilerplate so as to let comic nerds imprint on him.

If I'm wrong, describe his personality without using the terms "detective" (not a personality trait) or "good" (not in the slightest way notable)
>>
>>94597390
Gotta ask why you think so?
>>
>>94597390
Is it because he looks manly and the others look like twinks?
>>
>>94597846
>>94597984
No, because he never showed any interest ever and only seems to like few males (Bruce, Alfred and Bizarro). Not to mention that Batman once said that Jason really love girls.
>>
>>94587035
Oh look, it's that one Dick-hating fag. Shits up every thread.
>>
>>94598056
When has Dick showed interest in dudes? Also some of Jason's comments towards Bruce, Kyle, And Dick are kinda gay
>>
>>94597984
Dick looks manly
>>
>>94584387
>damian
>anything but trash tier
I don't think so, james.
>>
>>94598079
>When has Dick showed interest in dudes?
Grayson.

And are you freaking serious? Bruce, the guy who Jason looks up to as a father? Dick and Kyle, the two guy who he hate? Are you from tumblr?
>>
>>94598193
Not them but Winick did admit he had Jason say stuff that hinted attraction towards Dick and Bruce and something about child prostitution. Winick is strange
>>
>>94598193
You should go tell Devin Grayson and Jude Winick how gross it is then. Cause they wrote both Dick and Jason having an attraction towards Bruce.
>>
>>94598193
Dick wasn't attracted to dudes in Grayson.
>>
>>94598398
He should've been. Tiger was best boy
>>
>>94598363
>Not them but Winick did admit he had Jason say stuff that hinted attraction towards Dick and Bruce
I read Winick interviews and he never even once said that.

>>94598398
There’s a scene King wrote which he admitted that he did it to catch Tumblr attention.
>>
File: roy gets cuck'd.jpg (319KB, 1041x1600px) Image search: [Google]
roy gets cuck'd.jpg
319KB, 1041x1600px
>>94589357
I wonder why...
>>
>>94598749
Lmao his face
>>
>>94598363
>[Citation needed]
>>
>>94597390
A guy reading bruise books in a prion yard is bound to be gay
>>
>>94598749
Is Wally a chad like Dick?
>>
>>94599123
Jason has always been a litfag. It's like the most weird consistency across his editorial history.
>>
>>94599138
He's more like a guy.
>>
>>94585414
It's obviously Thomas Wayne, saved by Oz right after The Button. Batman and Superman are going to have their dads back.
>>
>>94599189
That's going to throw a lot of drama into Bruce life.

I dig it.
>>
>>94599138
No Dick is the ultimate Chad.
>>
>>94599153
I like it. Big difference from the other guys
>>
>>94596505
>Dick was able to fall back on being Nightwing and Jason could fallback on being the Red Hood.

Neither of those changes were immediate tbqh
>>
>>94584479
Oh just you wait for Jason
>>
>>94598749
*takes heroin*
>>
>>94596954
Thank you Anon
>>
>>94599865
I feel like we wil only get teasing
Thread posts: 283
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.