[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What were they thinking?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

File: MrToad.jpg (132KB, 534x750px) Image search: [Google]
MrToad.jpg
132KB, 534x750px
What were they thinking?
>>
>>94582186
This had better not be what i think it is.
>>
>>94582186
What is this?
>>
>>94582186
They ruined Wind in the Willows.
>>
Anarky had a nice theme.
>>
File: toad and the wet sprocket.webm (682KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
toad and the wet sprocket.webm
682KB, 1280x720px
>>94582186
What is Mr. Toad anyway? A mutated frog? A mutated man? A robot? Anunnaki?
>>
>>94582519
Print art

http://miketartworks.com/illustration-portfolios2d/package/
>>
>>94582995
Oh cool. I never saw that GL:TAS art before. Thanks.
>>
>>94582186
i'd plough him
>>
File: 43.png (2MB, 1916x1076px) Image search: [Google]
43.png
2MB, 1916x1076px
>>94584377
>>
What's wrong? Didn't like seeing that promo 1 million times in a row?
>>
File: ProfessorPyg.jpg (125KB, 418x901px) Image search: [Google]
ProfessorPyg.jpg
125KB, 418x901px
>>94584830
It honestly didn't play THAT much, but it was the only commercial that played about it.

CN pretty much halfassed the promo and premiere compared to when Teen Titans Go was coming out.
>>
I'm not sure why they didn't play up the "pathological car thief" angle with him like in the comics. It's a gimmick that doesn't overlap with any of Batman's existing villains, so it makes the character interesting even if you don't know the reference behind it.

Instead they just made him (and Pyg) into "Poison Ivy, but for animals instead of plants", which is both deeply uninspired and also pretty random seeing as Batman has lots of other animal themed villains. Why single out these two, specifically, for reinvention as P.E.T,A, members?

It's really symptomatic of this show's problems, to be honest. It wanted to use newer or more obscure Batman villains, but it also changed many of them drastically in ways that made them more generic and bland. Anarchy not being a little kid wearing high tech stilts is another example.
>>
>>94585364
>Instead they just made him (and Pyg) into "Poison Ivy, but for animals instead of plants", which is both deeply uninspired and also pretty random seeing as Batman has lots of other animal themed villains. Why single out these two, specifically, for reinvention as P.E.T,A, members?

The animal activism angle is honestly overstated. Poison Ivy genuinely gives a shit about protecting plants and is a fanatic about it, while Pyg and Toad never gave the impression they were more than two sadists that used it as an excuse to torture and kill people, and have a good time doing it. They're essential a perversion of Bruce Wayne's philanthropic efforts.

The animal theme? Beats me, but they were making Pyg to be more of a mad scientist and obsessed with turning people into brainwashed animal hybrids, and were responsible for Man-Bat's predicament. They would probably be responsible for more animal-themed villains (like maybe Orca or Gorilla Boss) had the show not be cancelled.
>>
>>94582797
Just another citizen of Gotham.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.