[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"The button" part four. Batman and Flash

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: RCO024_w_1495030119.jpg (548KB, 1987x3156px) Image search: [Google]
RCO024_w_1495030119.jpg
548KB, 1987x3156px
sorry, i'm not very intelligent: I don't understood Epilogue of "The Button". Somebody can explain this to me?
>>
>>94575215
This is Superman's logo.
>>
>>94575215
>sorry, i'm not very intelligent

Don't worry, neither were the writers of that piece of shit!
>>
File: RCO023_1495030119.jpg (398KB, 1987x3056px) Image search: [Google]
RCO023_1495030119.jpg
398KB, 1987x3056px
>>94575222
yes thanks you, but the image before is: and i don't undersxtand zoom and zoom out...
>>
>>94575415
It is leading in to Doomsday Clock. Superman is the main character.
>>
>>94575636
thaaaank you I will be able to sleep this night! ^^
>>
>>94575415
>>94575215
It's basically a zoom-in on the Comedian's button followed by a zoom-out on Superman's shield. All symbolizing the main conflict of the whole Rebirth era, gritty cynisism (Watchmen) against hopeful idealism (Superman), to be further expanded in Doomsday Clock.
>>
>>94575925
tl;dr watch us try to rip off alan moore's style and fail
>>
>>94575215
Johns is an absolute retard and that wb forced him to include watchmen so he had to came out with this idea to justify this gimmick.
Don't worry, it will be shit, so there's no need to read it until the storytime of pain starts.
>>
>>94575925
I love how some people actually for the bullshit PR guys designed for us, the consumers. Good goys.
>>
>>94575215

1. Short answer, Geoff Johns is calling out the feminazi/SJW race baiting/white male hating brigade.

The quote at the bottom of the page (about poisons blinding you and opening your eyes) is from a short story where an office drone quits his job to become a writer, only to become red pilled about the evils of social justice/liberalism, when he falls into a clique of liberal/feminist/anti-racist writers who are pure evil and do all sorts of evil shit in order to extort money out of people and eliminate other writers who are a threat to said clique being the Alpha dogs in their little fiefdom.

In this, Geoff is mocking Marvel and their SJW bullshit and open hatred for the Marvel fanbase.

Following the SJW death cult (the first poison) blinded Geoff to how he was killing DC Comics and is blinding Marvel with how they are killing their company with their bullshit. And the "poison" of being red pilled helps you see that listening to your customer base (bringing back Ted Kord, Wally West, OG Titans, Superman and Lois as a married couple) makes you money
>>
>>94576364
>>Continued

2. Long answer? Dr Manhattan REALLY REALLY hates Superman and what Superman represents. The events of the Button (complete with Batman finding Comedian's smiley face button) was an elaborate scheme Manhattan came up with to kill Bruce, if not emotionally break him via having him meet Flashpoint Thomas Wayne (his dad). Because Manhattan wants to crush Superman mentally and since he utterly failed to destroy his relationship with Lois and corrupt his relationship with Wonder Woman, he is now targeting Batman to try and steal Batman away from Superman
>>
>>94576364
LMAO, is this fresh pasta? This is great.
>>
>>94576364
>from a short story where an office drone quits his job to become a writer,

Which story? Sounds a bit too on the nose to current events coming from someone who died 100 years ago.
>>
>it's just 90% Superman stopping Watchmen from happening giving the universe it's hope back
This is the best option
>>
>>94576411
Well it is written by that guy who pretends to be a Marvel Insider.
>>
>>94576364
>>94576391
Not this guy, but here's the plot of the novel (The Red Room) from Wikipedia

A young idealistic civil servant, Arvid Falk, leaves the drudgery of bureaucracy to become a journalist and author. As he explores various social activities—politics, publishing, theatre, philanthropy, and business—he finds more hypocrisy and political corruption than he thought possible. He takes refuge with a group of "bohemians", who meet in a red dining room in Berns Salonger to discuss these matters.

And the link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Red_Room_(Strindberg_novel)
>>
>>94576152
>>94576364
Go to bed /pol/
>>
What's the reading order for the Rebirth storyline?
Is it just Rebirth #1, The Button, and then Doomsday Clock?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.