[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ATLA has a Book 4: Air. What would you like to see from it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 10

ATLA has a Book 4: Air. What would you like to see from it?
>>
>>94565872
Does it retcon LOK and the comics?
>>
>>94565872
Commies and shitty romance subplots
>>
Toph character development.
More Iroh backstory.
Zuko's struggles as the new firelord.
Zutara.
>>
>>94565909
>t. Ehasz
>>
>>94565895
LoK was better than ATLA
>>
>>94565872
More diversity.

>>94565944
This.
>>
>>94565872
>Toph/Aang/Suki
>No Zutara
>Search For Space Sword and Ursa
>>
It probably would have been like Korra season 3. Aang using energy bending somehow causes air nomads to awaken again, instead of harmonic convergence. We then get an evil team Avatar as the main plot with Zuko's mom being the subplot like in the comics. basically a composite of Korra season 3 and the post series comics. There honestly wasn't many plot threads left to tackle after the series finale except fan theories and symbolic gestures
>>
>>94565895
Theoretically it came out either during, or some time after the height of ATLA. It takes place after the defeat of Ozai, and the closure of Book 3: Fire, but before Korra was created.
>>
>>94565872
Expanding dong and reciprocating vagina for 21 episodes. Finale is a huge fight scene with Aang in the avatar state battling the big bad, with Katars spinning on his dick while he flies through the air.
>>
File: 63 avatar.png (439KB, 867x680px) Image search: [Google]
63 avatar.png
439KB, 867x680px
>10 years later or whatever
>Kaang in full swing, but not yet married
>Sokka doing his Sokka thing, married to Suki
>Toph boffing every dude she wants
>Zuko is firelord, Iroh is bedridden
>Gaang slowly drifting apart
>bandits attack diner where Gaang reunion dinner is at
>bandits defeated quickly, powerlevels revealed
>Aang finds scrolls written by the air nomads on them
>realizes that besides twelve years, he knows almost nothing about air nomad culture/history
>decides to leave to find more information
>We'reGettingTheGaangBackTogether.jpg
>everyone excited, except for Katara, who wants to start settling, and Zuko, who feels he cannot abandon his duties as firelord, nor abandon Iroh in his last months
>feelingsDisregarded.bat
>Aapa's also on his last legs
>travel to air temple remains
>despite finding hidden rooms, libraries are empty
>almost like someone's beaten them there
meanwhile...
>shadow organization is revealed to exist

cont
>>
>>94566265
>Gaang finding a few scrolls/artifacts here and there, but they mostly reference other works
>Eventually find some important air nomad work in some abandoned mansion/temple/cave that's become a deathtrap
>set upon by shadow organization
>defeat them, loose a few unimportant things
>start looking for answers as to who these dudes are
>Kaang starts getting rocky
>Katara wants to call it good enough, Aang is being perfectionist
>The past is the past vs. This is my heritage
>Gaang split
>Sokka, Toph and Katara vs. Aang, Suki
>Zuko's on the fence, like his sexuality, but leaning tow
>>
>>94566399
>zuko on the fence, just like his sexuality
>sees the benefit in letting bygones be, like his uncle taught him, but also recognizes his obsession with finding what happened to his mother, and that he’s released neither Azula or Ozai
>Katara and Aang spending less time with each other
>Katara and Zuko spend evenings talking
>Sokka accidentally gives Aang idea that Katara will leave him for Zuko
Then
>Find medium sized shadow group holdout in some inn or average house
>mix of benders and non-benders
>some of Jet’s freedom fighters are there
>leader reveals they believe the Air Nomads sacrificed themselves to ascend to a higher plane of understanding
>therefore, their knowledge is sacred, and not just anyone should have access to it
>only a few, i.e. shadow group, let’s call them Air Disciples
>Aang loosing his cool over denial of the Air Nomad genocide
>start to attack the Air Disciples
>Leader has a firebender threaten to burn down what collection they have there
>”After all, what really matters is their teachings, not the medium they reside in”
>Gaang retreats
>arguing at the campsite
>Aang wants to Rainbow Six that collection back
>Katara points out that the collection is still being kept together, isn’t that what Aang wanted, can’t we go home now?
>Together: “I can’t believe how unsupportive you’re being”
>silence
>Sleep in separate tents
>Katara has Zuko summon his dragon (bow chicka wow wow) to take her back home
.Cont.
>>
File: dur.png (78KB, 192x196px) Image search: [Google]
dur.png
78KB, 192x196px
>>94565872
>Book 4: Air
>Korra
>>
>>94565944
Objectively false
>>
>>94565872
>dismisses season 3 as non-canon
>redo the season so it's at least decent
>>
>>94566843
You'd need to change the very ending of Book 2 for that as well, anon.
>>
>>94566917
True, it sucked as well
>>
>>94565944
>>
>>94566917
The ending of book 2 was good. The only problem is that they wrote themselves into a corner, so that Aang conveniently had to hit a rock in the finale to unlock the avatar state again.
>>
Tokka
>>
>>94566984
It ruined Book 3 because Zuko could no longer join the Gaang in time to bond with them properly. Which kinda caused the problem you mention, actually, by actually having Aang and Katara get together instead of him giving her up
>>
>>94565978
>Toph/Aang/Suki

What?
>>
People would hype themselves up like it was gonna be the greatest thing they've ever seen, but would hate it no matter what it was.

So basically like Korra and Samurai Jack S5
>>
>>94566652
>Remaining Gaang (Aang, Toph, Sokka and Suki) is upset
>continue mission anyways
>hideaway has been cleared out
>start chasing leads towards Villain HQ
>start hearing rumors of Fire Lord having a new girlfriend
>Aang really starting to loose his cool
>find more scrolls in fights with Air Disciples
>Aang becomes depressed as he thinks Katara has truly left him
>Toph points out that romance doesn’t last, follow her way
>Sokka and Suki point out maybe it’s for the best, they’ve been fighting a lot recently
>Arrive at Villain HQ
>Gaang set to kick butt
>Make their way to the whole of the Air Nomad collection in huge room
>Sokka, Suki and Toph held back by guards, Aang goes in alone
>Scrolls, outfits, toys, training tools and everything else that the Air Nomads use
>Threatens to burn in down again
>Aang squares off
>”My people died over a hundred years ago when the Fire Nation attacked”
>”They didn’t deserve it, and they were slaughtered mercilessly”
>”But”
>”They weren’t perfect. I remember how petty and jealous some of them could be. I imagine many of them were scared to die”
>”but”
>”When you rewrite history to suit your own fantasy, you’re killing my people all over again. You’re no better than the Fire Nation was”
>”I’d rather have them partially remembered as ordinary people than the flawless saints you’d make them out to be”
>”It’s better to accept a painful truth-“
>A tear threatens to fall as Aang thinks about his ruined relationship with Katara
>”-than a comfortable lie. “
>Villain sneers
>NotBluffing.mp3
>starts to burn down collection
Whoosh!
>>
File: what do you think, sirs?.jpg (56KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
what do you think, sirs?.jpg
56KB, 500x375px
>>94567247

>Zuko and Katara come riding in on a dragon!
>Katara using clouds to put out fire while Zuko firebend extinguishes them
.>Aang shocked
>Katara yells she just needed some time to figure things out, and that she’s still loyal to Aang
>Zuko had been seeing some other water nation noble, which is what the rumors had been about
>Aang does a battlefield proposal while they chase down the villain
>Katara agrees
>Catch bad guy
>Leave Air Nomad collection where it is, form Air Temple Island
>happy ending all around
Aang learned all about the Air Nomads and truth and stuff.

What do you think, /co/?
>>
>>94567276
That was retarded.
>>
>>94567157
Except /co/ still loves the first 3 eps of the latter, and if it had continued like that it would have been beloved by /co/ forever.
>>
>>94567109
Nah, Zuko betraying Iroh at the end of book 2 was perfect and made sense for his character. The solution was to have Day of Black Sun earlier on in season 3.
>>
>>94567109
This. Zuko's decision there undid all of his previous development through the series.
>>
>>94567518
It was a regression, but a regression that made perfect sense. He'd desired his father's acceptance for so long and that isn't going to disappear so easily, especially when granted such a golden opportunity.
>>
File: zuko_and_toph_by_sakurah18.png (157KB, 400x297px) Image search: [Google]
zuko_and_toph_by_sakurah18.png
157KB, 400x297px
>>94567464
Exactly. The biggest problem by far with Book 3 is there's so much fucking filler. It's ridiculous, especially because it took away from stuff that I know for a fact I, watching it at the time, really wanted to see. Like, for example, why DIDN'T Zuko and Toph get to have their own adventure? I would rather have seen an episode of that than the fucking Painted Lady.
>>
>>94567646
>easily
>he stood by returning to his father, despite his uncle's advice
>got burned several times in his attempts and regressions
>finally relinquishes his tie to the fire nation
>forgets that even happened...?
>>
70 year time skip. Let's see what the next Avatar is like.
>>
>>94567935
bisexual
>>
Since I'm in the 'Aang must suffer' camp, something like this:
>Aang's decision to spare Ozai comes back to bite everyone in the ass, bigtime.
>Cracks in the Gaang start to show up as Zuko serves the interests of his people first while Aang still insists on an inflexible version of 'balance'.
>Colonies political intrigue and Earth Kingdom/Fire Nation brinkmanship
>General post-war distrust/conflicts that threaten to reignite
>More interaction between Gaang members that aren't Aang (i.e. more zuko/sokka bonding, toph being toph with everyone, etc.)
>*Scenes Missing*
>New Avatar when Gaang is in their mid/late 20s.
>>
>>94567771
He had only just started to break free from feeling obliged to his father, and needing to restore his honour. You can't expect him to let all of that go so suddenly.
>>
>>94567965
That makes sense when you have so many past lives and past loves.

It's also hotter when you're a delicious brown cutie.
>>
>>94567996
>only just started
That's complete bull. He came to follow Iroh's advice in book one. At the very first episode of book two, he turned away from that and his foolish attempt bit him in the ass. Right after, this happened:
>Zuko and Iroh cut off their top-knots and threw them into a creek to symbolize their rejection of their homeland
in other words:
>As a symbol of severance from their family and the Fire Nation, the pair cut off their top-knots and place them in the creek

The dumb "twist" was a whole season later.
>>
>>94565872
It'd basically be the comics wouldn't it?
>>
File: damn illegals.png (139KB, 269x255px) Image search: [Google]
damn illegals.png
139KB, 269x255px
>>94565944
>LoK was better than ATLA
>>
>>94565872
Better resolution and I mean 1080p or 4k
>>
>>94565960
Fuck you sjw
>>
>>94568176
You're forgetting that Zuko had been hunting the avatar for a few years prior to the series even starting.

>As a symbol of severance from their family and the Fire Nation, the pair cut off their top-knots and place them in the creek
Zuko proudly proclaimed himself as heir to the Fire nation throne in Zuko Alone. He abandoned Iroh to chase the avatar in Avatar Day. He snuck into Lake Laogai to steal Appa.

Zuko had definitely not cut his ties with the fire nation at the start of book two.
>>
>>94568518
Oh yeah. It sucks that we'll never get ATLA in HD. I haven't checked out the fan restoration though. Does anyone know how good it is?

>>94568532
lol
>>
>>94565944
I don't even like steampunk, but he's not wrong.
Maybe I have to be a nostalgiafag to like AtLA better
>>
>>94567935
A sjw avatar
>>
File: Best Try.png (2MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Best Try.png
2MB, 1600x900px
>>94568583
You tell me...
>>
>>94568587
>Maybe I have to be a nostalgiafag to like AtLA better
nah you don't. ATLA is just better in every single way.
>>
File: this isn't even bait anymore.jpg (191KB, 1600x1584px) Image search: [Google]
this isn't even bait anymore.jpg
191KB, 1600x1584px
>>94565944
>>
>>94568176
Zuko was still actively hunting Aang in "The Chase". Later, as soon as he learned that the Gaang were in Ba Sing Se as well, went right back to seek and capture mode.

Furthermore, when he had his double dragon vision in the "The Earth King", he fell to the Blue Dragon. He wasn't strong enough yet to make the right choice.

People who complain about Zuko taking Azula's bait at the end of S2 just plain weren't paying attention.
>>
>>94565872
>Aang and Katara have their first child
>one fine day, Aang goes outside to see him airbending
>cue excitement and adventure
>>
>>94566265
female Aang is so cute
>>
>>94567689
that and the footloose episodes were basically pointless
>>
>>94568176
but Zuko still wanted to try and become fire prince again long after that
isn't that why he was still doing the blue spirit shit in ba sing se?
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.