[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people like this show?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 226
Thread images: 49

File: Better SU.png (613KB, 1257x536px) Image search: [Google]
Better SU.png
613KB, 1257x536px
Is there any legitimate defense of this show?

>There's only 4 likable characters (a few townies are okay)
[Pic related]

>The plot is completely retarded
Nothing actually happens in this show, literally nothing changes, the planet gets invaded by homeworld gems and nothing happens except for the gems getting some new sidekicks.
Is the world affected by this? No. Is there any damage done to the world? No. Do any of the characters care? No. Did someone get hurt? Not really.

>The character arcs are absolutely retarded
Pearl's entire transition over the story was to have more focus placed on her ridiculous obsession with Rose that added nothing to the show, then got over it but not really.
Amethyst became less of the fun (female)bro character and just turned into a cunt who torments someone who was supposed to be her friend, and becomes a drain on the team over some emotional conflict that the show never even suggested she had before.
Garnet does fuckign nothing, even when her future vision should have given the ability to, such as stopping Greg from getting kidnapped, but Ruby and Saphire have the absolute most annoying episodes because they are nothing but a nuisance when she un-fuses.
Peridot and Lapis compared to the powerful threats they were introduced as ended up have completely asspull 'redemption arcs' but at least they actually have likable personalities.

>Completely fails at creating even a slightly tense situation
Maybe in early season 1 the show did a better job with this, in episodes like cat fingers, but in any attempts made recently it shits the bed everytime, a good example of this is the recent Lars "death" scene, where the impact seems minuscule, he doesn't look even mildly hurt, he wasn't a character I think anyone even cared about prior to this event, and his demise doesn't even seem to last long enough to even have an impact, even the first time seeing it, the manner in which he was revived seems incredibly contrived.
>>
because its competition is teen titan go and season 156 of adventure time
>>
>>94565242
cont.

Lar's revival was the most disappointing explanation for Rose's lion, it's just... a lion, it's incredibly boring for what seemed like a really interesting side character(pet). The entire scenario was a poorly veiled excuse to have Steven witness the trial and reveal a ridiculous plot twist that Rose didn't kill Pink Diamond without having Steven actually have to escape by any actual skill or ability of his own.

>Even it's gay shit isn't great
There are like a million better subtle homo stories out there that actually feel like they're telling a decent story.

>The animation is average
With the exception of a few scenes most of the animation is bog standard for modern cartoons and doesn't do anything special, the action (again with the exception of maybe one scene) isn't that good

>The music
The songs in this show are kind of campy but they are used so often to attempt to take the place of dramatic or substantive character interaction, it seems and though it tries to be reminiscent of Disney in this way but Disney never completely replaced these things with songs, rather added the songs on top of it, and the songs themselves aren't particularly memorable.

>There are other better cartoons currently airing
Pretty much every cartoon airing on networks like Nick, Disney, and even CN are much better than this even if you're stuck with cable.
>>
>>94565242
>>94565468
Even ignoring the social commentary that hits you like a brick this show has absolutely nothing of value to offer.
>>
>>94565653
It started one hell of a salt mine.
>>
File: 1501885826808.jpg (50KB, 579x589px) Image search: [Google]
1501885826808.jpg
50KB, 579x589px
>>94565468
> Decent story
>>
>>94565468
agree that the first visit to homeworld being this is kinda weird, but i honestly dont care much about the lion reveal. i actually fucking hated the dumb theories about how it was pink diamond or whatever.

agree 100% on the action animation. it could be so good, even if they just some weight into their impacts and made fight scenes more than "characters that could very easily be helping attacking at once"
instead of the weird JRPG "let's take turns getting our asses kicked" style that was so glaringly bad in the Topaz/Aquamarine fight
>>
>>94565702
It's/a/ but I think Madoka Magica had a decent romantic plot if you view it that way.
>>
I think people just liked the first season, so they got invested enough to stick around.
>>
>>94565468
man, I always fell like it should be pointed out that the music in the show isn't JUST the shitty sung songs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sclzb5mWhbg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhw2qtZGsuc

All the instrumental stuff is solid is far as I care
>>
File: 1502038118633.gif (743KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1502038118633.gif
743KB, 1280x720px
>>94565242
1. Steven Universe has a beautiful and distinctive artstyle that looks simply beautiful. despite the several animation inconsistencies, it doesn't harm the beauty of the style.

2. The songs and sound design is just incredible for this show. like really, from an audio perspective SU is top notch.

3. The characters naturally develop and they feel very relateable and human. the writing just feels really honest and down-to-earth. and i love it. almost every character is three dimensional and interesting. also the way the show portrays relationship is nothing less than beautiful

4. When the show gets more towards towards the alien-fantasy side of things, it gets even more exciting. they really know how to create a feeling you are in for an epic adventure in this show.

Overall, SU is easily one of the best shows right now
>>
>>94565242
I dunno man, hard to say, what shows do you like anyway?
>>
>>94566015
I think the seasons of SU have been pretty consistent in quality. Season 1 just appears to be better because it has double the amount of episodes
>>
>>94566030
Agreed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LsNmHNQSWY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNcXFlcBJy4
>>
>>94566030
Yeah I hate it when people bring up the music and the standard response is "Some songs are ok but they're mostly shit". Like there's more music than the literally lyrical songs in the show, the background music is great.
>>
File: 1501713348447.jpg (62KB, 490x535px) Image search: [Google]
1501713348447.jpg
62KB, 490x535px
>>94566180
> Background music
Nah, ripoffs of most videogames memorable themes... it's shit, you know?
Quickly forgettable
>>
>>94566040
1. Only the backgrounds look consistently great. the character designs range from okay to really ugly.

2. The instrumental music is pretty great. The actual songs are garbage.

3. It's stilted, slow, and mostly badly told.

4. It goes from uninteresting to sorta interesting.

It's a mediocre show that isn't all that bad nor all that good, but either gets hyped up way beyond what it deserves or slammed harder than it probably deserves as well.
>>
>>94566228
what songs are they ripping off, exactly?
>>
>>94565242
You hate the show, there are plenty of people who love the show. and i explained why i love it here >>94566040

Honestly i don't even understand how the fuck you can attack the show with a criticism like: "Nothing actually happens in this show" which is so objectively untrue that just watching few episodes can prove you completely wrong
>>
>>94565242
>>There's only 4 likable characters (a few townies are okay)
>[Pic related]
Stopped reading there once I saw the image.

The good characters are Greg, Steven, Pearl, Amethyst, Lars, and Buck. There's a few other decent ones.

I actually think this show would be a lot better if it was just a drama about Greg and Pearl raising Steven together, without the Steven focus and instead just focusing on all three of them together or individually at times.
>>
>>94566248
Alright that's your opinion and i respect it. I just disagree with it.
>>
>>94566262
pf, you wanna know all s1-s4 they ripped off?
i'm not wasting time revealing the truth
>>
>>94566228
>lies
>>
File: 1502411226994.gif (92KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1502411226994.gif
92KB, 400x400px
>>94566286
shut up bitch, you're a cancerigenous piece of shit in /co/
You never learn the lesson?
>>
File: 1502317782873.gif (634KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
1502317782873.gif
634KB, 160x160px
>>94566365
hhhhhhhh, i said: I DON'T FUCKING MAKE A 5 HOURS POST REVEALING THE TRUTH, MOTHERFUCKER.
>>
>>94566381
She is bi, why wouldn't she have gay relationships in her show when she had gay relationships herself?

you really think gay artists should be banned from having gay characters in their artwork even though they are gay themselves?
>>
>>94566403
Name one track they ripped off then.
>>
>>94566415
He isnt saying anything about that faggot with victim complex.
>>
>>94566464
Isn't this what the picture he posted implies?
>>
>>94566101
Season 1 was great because it was still mysterious. Things were better back when the audience didn't know much about the Gems. After everything comes to a head in the finale, what of significance was left to surprise us anymore?
It's like the first 3/4 of Gravity Falls.
>>
>>94566228
>>94566403
>jojofag thinks he has taste
>>
>>94566491
h, you're jelaous girl, please, nobody fucking cares your work and art because you crying a lot in 4chan & reddit.
Get a fucking life, please, you make me sick.
>>
>>94566519
The newest episode was a huge surprise, no one expected a pink lars with hair that can teleport you, and it also explained the origin of Lion
>>
File: pepedot.png (254KB, 867x768px) Image search: [Google]
pepedot.png
254KB, 867x768px
164 animators around the globe collaborate to redraw the episode of Steven Universe "The Answer" in their varying styles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDuLP-ImfgM [Embed]

For something like this to happen, the people involved need talent, skill, creativity, drive, passion, and the self-discipline to see something through to the end.

This video is definitive proof that the fans have more of these qualities than the critics, who will never do anything remotely as impressive. The malcontents here are all talk and no action.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat."
-Teddy Roosevelt
>>
>>94566534
Sorry man, you can't beat me.
I'm overusing memes and josuke/jotaro are the nearly can make a sand torment in your ass.
You're the first to fall... congratz?
>>
>>94566538
1. Jealous of what?
2. I didn't post my art here????
3. I didn't cry?????
4. I have life
>>
>>94566565
there's nothing wrong with criticizing a show. i love this show, and have shitloads of fanart taking up my harddrive with it, but i still think there's so many things that could be better
>>
>>94566565
You got the point anon, finally.
Fandom > Cartoon
>>
>>94565242
>the planet gets invaded by homeworld gems and nothing happens except for the gems getting some new sidekicks.

Lore explain Homeworld are invading Earth since centuries ago and always are defeated because Homeworld society are incompetents.
>>
>>94566573
> Art
Make a depressing good story novel and we talk serious, miserable bitch.
And i win because my project is more "god-like" and no using a tripcone like you, asshole.
>>
>>94565242
simple, it's better than the things you like anon.
>>
>>94566653
I'm a musician, not a novelist
>>
>>94566591
>there's nothing wrong with criticizing a show

Nothing right with it either. Criticism is nothing at all. As effortless and meaningless as taking a piss. People who do things matter. People who criticize them don't.
>>
>>94566713
Constructive criticism is useful. Bashing on it based on tastes alone is not
>>
>>94566713
alright. what are you doing, besides writing this post?
>>
>>94566694
So... hey, if you mind is sticking in your ass and don't make a convincent comment about you... please, eat shit and die...
[/spoiler]Teach me if you make a good remake song like RushJet1, if you don't had that, consider you're a failure to the music[/spoiler]
>>
>>94565242
If you date a bunch of girls, and I'm talking "deep" girls, the characters in the show make way more sense.
>>
>>94566346
Can't even name one cuz it's just shit you pulled out of your ass
>>
>>94566800
Learn how to use a DAW.
A pretty cheap DAW that is also actually good is Reaper so if you don't want to pirate stuff i recommend that.

See? i'm helping you, so start being nice towards me
>>
File: 1501125178781.png (18KB, 254x274px) Image search: [Google]
1501125178781.png
18KB, 254x274px
>>94566040
>distinctive
>>
>>94566040
>1. Steven Universe has a beautiful and distinctive artstyle that looks simply beautiful. despite the several animation inconsistencies, it doesn't harm the beauty of the style.

Nope the inconsistent design actually harms the product, it highlights how fucking flanderized some character get in later seasons.

>2. The songs and sound design is just incredible for this show. like really, from an audio perspective SU is top notch.

Not really, the music goes from dull to OK, some ambient music is decent but the action music is honestly quite dull for the pace it is supposed to have, and then you get the fucking songs wich are poorly written and inserted as pseudo development, it just doesn't work.

>3. The characters naturally develop and they feel very relateable and human. the writing just feels really honest and down-to-earth. and i love it. almost every character is three dimensional and interesting. also the way the show portrays relationship is nothing less than beautiful

You lost me here, the characters font develop since there are zero resolution to their arcs, they just hang around and get flanderized harder wich each episode we wait for the next bomb. SU might have cool concepts but the characters are actually very poorly utilized by the writers, and no singing while crying isn't development, it's a cheap writing tool.

>4. When the show gets more towards towards the alien-fantasy side of things, it gets even more exciting. they really know how to create a feeling you are in for an epic adventure in this show.

The alien stuff would work if it actually mattered, when you wait 25 episodes of absolutely nothing happening to jump into 3 episodes of build-up for an anticlimactic resolution you get the format of SU, and it's fucking terrible.

SU is bad, they try to coat it with an alien rock empire and a "relatable" lead(That is actually an emotionally stunted retard) but their show fails when the viewers are cockblocked of shit actually happening.
>>
>>94565242
I can defend season 1 and 2
I cannot defend the others season
Is just plain garbage
My headcanon is the cluster one and everyone dies so there is no s3 or more.
>>
>>94565242
>suggesting peridot, lapis and connie are likable
stopped reading there
>>
>>94566040
>3. The characters naturally develop and they feel very relateable and human. the writing just feels really honest and down-to-earth. and i love it. almost every character is three dimensional and interesting. also the way the show portrays relationship is nothing less than beautiful
Yes, Lars turning into a badass space captain off-screen was a natural development for his character.
>>
>>94566911
1. The design itself is not inconsistent in terms of style. the inconsistencies are mostly about character proportions

2. subjective man, i love the songs on SU

3. I have to 100% disagree with you. the characters definitely developed and we also discover more about them as the series keeps going on. almost all characters are beautifully written and very three dimensional.

4. The alien stuff matters, the fact most episodes are on earth doesn't mean that they don't matter. the storyline just develops in a really smart way where you have alien creatures getting used to the every day life on earth and learning to love it
>>
>>94566030
Whoa these are incredible! Sugilite's beats were the most memorable but never thought to listen to them by themselves
>>
>>94566180
Season 1 / 2 have fantastic ost
The ost for seasons 3/4 are forgettable garbage
>>
File: BURNING WITH KEKVENGE.jpg (8KB, 228x222px) Image search: [Google]
BURNING WITH KEKVENGE.jpg
8KB, 228x222px
/co/ is becoming shittier by the minute
>>
>>94566790
I'm not doing anything productive or impressive, but I'm also not shit talking people who are.
>>
>>94566976
1. He didn't turn into a space pirate yet, we only know he became pink after steven revived him. the space pirate thing is only spoiler from unreleased episodes

2. there was definitely a natural progression for lars up until now. before Lars was stuck with Steven on homeworld there were two episodes dedicated almost entirely on Lars character development and preparing us for his redemption arc
>>
>>94566565
You only need to be exposed to a product to be a critic.

As long as it exist and it's out for the public to consume all criticism is fair play, so when people tear a new asshole to a shitty piece of garbage it has the same value as the guy that praises the piece of garbage on a pedestal and masturbation furiously to said piece of shit.

All criticism good or bad is worth the same, the fanart doesn't exclude the opinion of the masses and if they seem a piece of garbage as a piece of garbage it will still be an irredeemable piece of garbage regardless of what the fan artists say.

Enjoy your piece of garbage.
>>
>>94567082
>You only need to be exposed to a product to be a critic.
You only need to drink water to piss
>All criticism good or bad is worth the same
Literally nothing
>>
File: 1502357689517.jpg (27KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1502357689517.jpg
27KB, 720x480px
>>94567082
>All criticism good or bad is worth the same
Right when I was ready to agree with you
>>
File: 1501010122751.jpg (16KB, 255x247px) Image search: [Google]
1501010122751.jpg
16KB, 255x247px
>>94566040

Crazyaga, unironically please just leave /co/.

I've been seeing you fucking everywhere dragging your opinions around like a wet rag and I believe I speak for everyone here when I say fuck off.
>>
>>94567180
I like him. He's either naively genuine or a superb countertroll. Either way he's better than the people who just post "it's shit" in every thread.
>>
File: 1500401353716.png (185KB, 295x384px) Image search: [Google]
1500401353716.png
185KB, 295x384px
>>94567180
i agree with you... beatiful pizza
>>
>>94566978
>1. The design itself is not inconsistent in terms of style. the inconsistencies are mostly about character proportions

I'm not asking for perfectly corrects stills, but Jesus, their approach to animation and direction actually breaks the immersion, for many it is actually a deal breaker.

>2. subjective man, i love the songs on SU

I can concede it is subjective if you enjoy something, but I have to say that in a piece of story telling characters can't sing everything they feel, that's actually considered a sin in writing by many, it cheapens the impact of a lot of scenes.

>3. I have to 100% disagree with you. the characters definitely developed and we also discover more about them as the series keeps going on. almost all characters are beautifully written and very three dimensional.

Flanderization killed most of the development, and we just get rehashes of previous plots where the characters are merely reactionary for that one episode, development is lost afterwards, it's not rewarding for a viewer.

>4. The alien stuff matters, the fact most episodes are on earth doesn't mean that they don't matter. the storyline just develops in a really smart way where you have alien creatures getting used to the every day life on earth and learning to love it

The alien stuff is just a coat, without stakes or development the episodic format actually hinders the narration the gem aspect is mostly explored in the bombs wich leave the audience hanging for long periods of time where not even the setting is explored.

SU reaches a point where it just isn't entertaining anymore.
>>
File: 1500743768472.jpg (537KB, 2576x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1500743768472.jpg
537KB, 2576x1920px
>>94567229
>>94567019
> (You)
>>
>>94567229
Stop samefagging Crazyaga.
>>
>>94567117
This is why most Tumblr artist are shit. They don't value criticism. You should go back there and stop shilling your garbage content.
>>
>>94567385
Exactly, if is a passive or offensive criticism, they always crying like faggots...
>>
>>94566040
Off yourself loser
>>
File: 1501807727916.png (1MB, 723x816px) Image search: [Google]
1501807727916.png
1MB, 723x816px
>>94567447
> It's a girl loser...
That's very sad.
>>
File: image.png (12KB, 356x260px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
12KB, 356x260px
>>94567471
That's even worse
>>
>>94567117
>>94567131

Sorry if I crashed your bubble, but all forms of entertainment are weighed the same by the consumers, the medium news views to stay relevant, and no viewer is different from the other, thus their criticism having the same weight.

If a decline of quality is perceived the art piece is hit by a decrease of viewership and harsher critics, we aren't talking about the anomaly "shit 1/10" that is out of the focus group, but an actual member of the mainstay demographic abandoning the product.

In such way all criticism towards entertainment is worth the same.

Sorry man, but this is a market, not just art.
>>
File: 1498707233453.jpg (11KB, 225x255px) Image search: [Google]
1498707233453.jpg
11KB, 225x255px
>>94567489
Good meme, anon.
>>
>>94565242
I have to say,i admire that you actually put effort in this bait.
Thing is mr retard,just because you dont like something,it doesnt mean its objectively bad and everyone shouldnt like it.
I hate star vs the forces of evil,and i can bring up reasons why i despise it more than teen titans go,but im not asking why people like it. I know why it is. It has stuff that attracts people but repels me.
You dont like the characters? Well thats on you. I love all of them except lapis.
I will agree that season 4 was dogshit. Other seasons and wanted where better
>>
>>94565242
>>94565468
>stop liking things i dont like
whiny baby
>>
File: 200.gif (909KB, 294x200px) Image search: [Google]
200.gif
909KB, 294x200px
>>94567505
> Market
It's time to wait the torment sand you created, pal.
INCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMIINGGGGGGGGGGGGG
>>
File: 1502306903988.png (245KB, 576x497px) Image search: [Google]
1502306903988.png
245KB, 576x497px
>>94567550
I never said to stop liking it, just an honest attempt to explain why I don't and to understand why someone would.

But "wahh he pointed out flaws in mY show instead of having a discussion about it I'm going to act like a child, only confirming assumptions made about the show's fanbase"
Cartoon discussion board is really hostile to discussion ain't it. I'll post waifus instead.
>>
>>94567550
>Stop criticizing things i like
whiny baby
>>
File: 1498852738022.jpg (25KB, 472x536px) Image search: [Google]
1498852738022.jpg
25KB, 472x536px
>>94566040
Not you again.
>>
File: 1502307745820.png (116KB, 363x408px) Image search: [Google]
1502307745820.png
116KB, 363x408px
>>94567513
>>94566975
Learned my lesson. Won't discuss cartoons any more. Only waifus. That's reasonable right? Can't have discussions about subjective opinions with people of similar interests. That's just wrong.
>>
>>94567780
I'm a SUfag and even I hate that dumb namefag
>>
>>94567859
Out of curiosity, why is this guy infamous.

Legit curiosity man I don't want to lurk through the shithole that is SU fandom.
>>
>>94567008
>>94567008
i think this is the crux of your problem, dude. you think that all criticism is "talking shit" rather than just "expressing dislike". a lot of people's criticisms aren't a personal affront on the creator themselves
>>
>>94568149
I don't know about the fandom, I've just seen him around /co/ a lot recently, starting dumb threads and generally being obnoxious. It wasn't even SU most of the time.
>>
File: IMG_3728.png (636KB, 1080x644px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3728.png
636KB, 1080x644px
>>94566534
Look, I'm with you in defending SU, but don't talk shit about Jojo.
>>
File: 1495345870241.jpg (322KB, 800x565px) Image search: [Google]
1495345870241.jpg
322KB, 800x565px
>>94568220
>>
I think the problem with OP is not just that he dislikes SU, i think he is annoyed that other people love something he dislikes instead of accepting it's a matter of taste
>>
>>94566570
are you having a stroke my guy
>>
File: 1502398742506.gif (1MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1502398742506.gif
1MB, 480x270px
>>94568220
>>94568240
>>
File: wise old man.png (1MB, 1280x1436px) Image search: [Google]
wise old man.png
1MB, 1280x1436px
>>94565242
better question...
why are threads like this a thing?
>>
>>94568296
Boss, i had CANSUR
>>
>>94568252
Where in the OP did you see me insult fans of the show you disingenuous retard? You are actually the most inept piece of human filth on this board, the fact you haven't off'd yourself is a failure of our society. I cannot actually be made to believe there is a single person who wants someone as worthless and unlikable as you to continue to live and be a drain on the rest of humanity. If you had a shred of decency you'd fucking end it all now.
>>
When is next episode
>>
>>94568333
It's a fucking cartoon discussion board, it's a thread about cartoons, not everything is about fucking waifus and pickles.
>>
File: Extremely-cute-kitten_large.jpg (30KB, 500x331px) Image search: [Google]
Extremely-cute-kitten_large.jpg
30KB, 500x331px
>>94568435
I... i didn't say you insulted fans of the show.

Read again what i posted. i just said that i thought maybe you felt a little annoyed that people love something you really dislike.

You don't need to be mean towards me like that anon....
>>
File: 1500674369064.jpg (22KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1500674369064.jpg
22KB, 320x320px
>>94568435
I readed this fucking comment with pearl's VA and holding a gun.
Well done, pal, well done.
I FUCKING LOVE IT
>>
>>94568482
But i didn't even do what he claimed i did. i never said he insulted fans of the show
>>
File: 1449858057008.jpg (2MB, 2624x2264px) Image search: [Google]
1449858057008.jpg
2MB, 2624x2264px
>>94568479
Fuck off, tripfag.
>>
File: skipper.jpg (9KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
skipper.jpg
9KB, 210x240px
>>94568478
>"why do people like this show"

right from the get-go it's worded in a way that can only devolve into petty trashtalk/opinion wars, not actually discussing the possible merits/shortcomings. if you can't see why i encourage you to to go do some thinking to do little buddy.

it's NEVER about if it's good or bad, and why, it's ALWAYS "it's shit and you're shit for liking it" or "i like it you're shit for disliking it you blind shit"
>>
>>94568479
You never even said he was little bit annoyed. God do you even read your own posts?
>>
>>94568631
Okay i said "annoyed" in the original post and not a "little bit annoyed". that doesn't change the core of the argument that was being made
>>
>>94568593
>MUH DEPRESSION
>MUH THERAPISTS
>MUH BULLYING
wew, straight outta reddit
>>
>>94568539
You plainly made assumptions about my motivation for talking about a cartoon on a cartoon discussion board and attributed it to me "being annoyed" at people who like it you autistic waste of space.

>>94568620
>Literally two character limit post about what I don't like about the show
>Ask for different opinions
>Respond to people's defense of it
>"You weren't discussing the show, you were insulting the people who like it"
Pottery
>>
File: blunder.jpg (11KB, 386x291px) Image search: [Google]
blunder.jpg
11KB, 386x291px
>>94568593
wow. if this is real i feel super fucking bad for these people. maybe take the target off your chest (drop the tripcodes) or get banned and take a break or something

this clearly isn't the place you ought to be anywhere near with where you're at in life right now. or ever.
>>
>>94568539
I dont have anything against you but I have no idea why youre hanging on to that tripcode when it gets you nothing but people shitting on you
>>
>>94568685
You are right, it was just an assumption.

So are you completely okay with the fact alot of people love Steven Universe and it does not annoy you at all? if that's the case i'm sorry for making false assumptions about you
>>
File: its-time-to-stop-posting.jpg (48KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
its-time-to-stop-posting.jpg
48KB, 500x375px
>>94568709
please, take a year or two off friend.
>>
File: 1497673603625.gif (1MB, 400x287px) Image search: [Google]
1497673603625.gif
1MB, 400x287px
>>94568479
>>94568539

I'm with that anon and the ones before him on this thread. Leave /co/ and never come back you fuck.
>>
File: FdzSOzFL.jpg (42KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
FdzSOzFL.jpg
42KB, 480x480px
>>94568752
If i really annoy you this much, you can always filter me.

If you don't know how to filter tripcodes: just go to settings in the top right corner, click "filters & post hiding" and add me there (don't forget to check the box to activate it)
>>
File: 1501883255678.png (222KB, 594x408px) Image search: [Google]
1501883255678.png
222KB, 594x408px
Jesus fucking Christ why are detractors so obsessed with this show? It's not my favorite of all time but its a good fucking show. if you're honestly talking shit about the music you're subhuman. Listen to Opal's theme, Amalgam, It's Over, Duel of the Quartz Soldiers, The Mother, etc. Fuck off

Also lmao those characters you posted are literally the worst barring Peridot.
>>
>>94568854
I'm annoyed you're not dead, that fact is far more upsetting to me than seeing your asinine excuses for arguments and inflated ego.
>>
File: f14ab2fed5cd8a2be707a57b7a0dda6e.gif (1018KB, 499x374px) Image search: [Google]
f14ab2fed5cd8a2be707a57b7a0dda6e.gif
1018KB, 499x374px
>>94568917
Wew that's pretty dark. you really want a person to be dead because he posted some things you don't like in 4chan?
>>
>>94567180
You don't speak for me at all you fucking doublefaggot.
>>
File: 1501642900156.jpg (27KB, 451x359px) Image search: [Google]
1501642900156.jpg
27KB, 451x359px
>>94568959
The thinks we don't like simply don't like.
You're the problem here.
>>
>>94568917

Don't pretend to be me man.

>>94568959

For clarification no. But it gets damn annoying. So yes, i will filter you out from this point forward.
>>
File: 1494197911114.png (58KB, 500x531px) Image search: [Google]
1494197911114.png
58KB, 500x531px
>>94568752
>>94568854
>>94568917
>>94568959
>>94568986
>>94569089
>>94569093

And thus the thread is derailed all because of one tripfag.
>>
File: 1502424259779.gif (2MB, 423x234px) Image search: [Google]
1502424259779.gif
2MB, 423x234px
>>94566040
>>
>acknowledging a tripfag for an entire thread

What the fuck is the matter with you guys?
>>
File: 1502378898600.jpg (26KB, 198x255px) Image search: [Google]
1502378898600.jpg
26KB, 198x255px
>>94566381
>Rebecca Sugar
>>
>>94570038
He is a master at ruining literally everything he touches, he probably destroyed his parent's marriage too.
>>
>>94566030
if there's one thing this show does right it's the music.
>>
>>94566040
>crazyaga
wait a minute. arent' you that /mu/ tripfag that got laughed out of the board for some dumb shit? i knew I've seen that name before somewhere. figures you'd pick this show to autistically defend
>>
>>94567385
>>94568157
Content is like the water you drink. Criticism is like the piss that comes out. Even the most mediocre and unremarkable water is better than finely crafted piss

Now there may be the rare exception, where criticism is constructive, intelligent, based on education and experience and a high understanding, and I'm sure every critic here thinks they are in that category. But you're not. There is none of that to be found on this website.
>>
>not filtering crazyaga
You're retarded and at fault. They were kind enough to have a tripcode and a name to filter and you don't take it.

Literally,
"There's nothing wrong with social justice"

Filter and don't bump the thread and don't reply.
>>
>>94571569
>Content is like water
No, it isn't, you don't need content, you need water. People will just choose not to watch shit content. No one can choose not to drink water.

>Criticism is like the piss that comes out
Either way, people complain about dirty lead water, because they want better water.

Criticism is how you keep the lead out of your water.

>the rare exception
All criticism is constructive in regards to animation because it's entirely subjective. Whether something is good is solely decided by the majority of the "uneducated or unintelligent" people you're claiming don't matter.

Also, education and intelligence has fuck all to do with knowing whether you actually enjoyed something and the reasons why you didn't.

Go be a pretentious little snowflake somewhere else.
>>
>>94571569
There is no discussion without criticism.
Only masturbation.
>>
>>94565242
I've got news for you anon. Crystal Temps only lasted one episode before getting canceled.
>>
File: new crystal gems.png (401KB, 825x464px) Image search: [Google]
new crystal gems.png
401KB, 825x464px
>>94571753
I'm still in mourning for the chance this show had to not be garbage
>>
>>94566565
>ignores the limitations of the show's production crew
>ignores constraints on style that the fan animators were completely free from
>posts unrelated quote wall to make himself sound profound and like he knows what he's talking about
This bait is lazy yet also inspired, 5/10
>>
File: 1472186816496.jpg (113KB, 566x557px) Image search: [Google]
1472186816496.jpg
113KB, 566x557px
>>94566538
>>94566573
>>94566653
>>94566800
>>94566844
What am I reading?
>>
These threads are no different from waifu threads at this point.
>>
File: crazyaga.jpg (30KB, 329x326px) Image search: [Google]
crazyaga.jpg
30KB, 329x326px
>>94571828
>>94571828
the faggot it replying to himself like he did in other threads only this time he was smart enough to remove his tripcode.

>also crazyaga tripfag is a redditor.
>>
>>94565242

Why does that even matter to you?

Do you go out of your way to do things you don't like doing?
>>
Your subjective opinions are not objective facts, nor are they so clearly true that they're self-evident. They aren't necessarily wrong, they just aren't right. They're sort of in the middle. Look, the point I'm trying to make is that people who are not you have different standards and different tastes than you do, and you can't do anything to change that. You'll just have to learn to live in a world where there are people who like things you hate.

Anyway, Steven Universe fucking sucks.
>>
>>94571648
>All criticism is constructive
"It's shit" is constructive?
>>
>>94565242
>WRAAAAAAGH PEOPLE ARE LIKING STUFF I DONT LIKE AGAIN

;tl;dr
>>
>>94565242
This and Adventure Time are the shit of the shit. I guess it's just the age of tumblr-pandering we're in
>>
>>94566565
Your post is literally pointless, for nothing in the history of humanity is above criticism. I have a friend who thinks Shakespeare is absolute trash, but he has valid points to make and he is entitled to his opinion even if he isn't a writer. Conversations on works of art, weather those opinions be negative or positive, is a vital part of human discourse.
>>
>>94572237
>age of tumblr
>the shows creators have specifically denounced the tumblr part of the fanbase at least 2 times for its cancerous behavior

1/10
>>
>>94572212
>WRAAAAAAGH PEOPLE ARE DISLIKING STUFF I LIKE AGAIN
See how pointless that is?
>>94565242
Pretty much everything you posted is exactly why this show went from something I couldn't wait to see the next episode in season 1 to something now that I kind of feel I have to watch because of how much I've invested into it, hoping it will get better.
But after the Lars thing it seems like the death and his revival was just a way to give you a bit of a peak of Homeworld without actually resolving or actually revealing anything, which they've been talking about since season 1 but able to instantly go back to the status quo and have more townie episodes.
It's clear the writers are too afraid to change anything too much, it's like Adventure Time, every big event was somehow wrapped up with no loose ends, not permanents and forgotten the moment it ended, there are only so many times you can go through that before you just lose interest in a show, because there is never a pay off.
>>
>>94572211
Not that person but I don't think that's criticism and it's definitely not constructive. That could be criticism if it was "it's shit because...". Saying it's shit with no reason given behind it would make it more of an opinion. Giving actual criticism helps, giving opinions like it's shit does not.
>>
File: payday.jpg (313KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
payday.jpg
313KB, 1280x960px
If I can remember correctly, there was a n artist on the show who self-inserted as Pearl's boyfriend. Can someone post them, please?
>>
>>94572569
people are entitled to their opinions just like people are entitled to take a piss. Equally effortless, equally meaningless. Nothing compared to people who actually make content.
>>
Imagine for a moment, if instead of the show being 90% filler episodes, it was only like 5% filler.

The show would have already reached a satisfying conclusion and would be hailed as a great cartoon. Instead, it's a bloated mess that doesn't lead anywhere. I still watch it, because I want to see what's at the end of this way too long road.

But I don't recommend it to anyone. Don't fucking start watching it until the finale airs and someone makes a definite list of episodes that actually matter.
>>
>>94571646
I stand by my statement. social justice is a great thing.

Fact: places that have less social justice are worse to live in. look at Saudi Arabia as an example
>>
File: hm_.png (174KB, 543x386px) Image search: [Google]
hm_.png
174KB, 543x386px
>>94572153
You must be crazy person.
>>
File: KekConnie.png (40KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
KekConnie.png
40KB, 600x600px
>>94566301

>Greg
>Stephen
>Hamethyst
>Lars
>Buck

""""""""""""""""""""good"""""""""""""""" characters

>>94568904

>barring Reddit and Memeydot
>implying
>>
>>94573286
Except most content creators don't just make things for those who also create, they make it to be consumed by whoever cares to take the time to partake in the experience. OP is valid in his criticism even if he isn't an artist because the work was made for general consumption. Say that you are an avid fan of jazz although you've never actually played an instrument, and a large group of people like a group's work that with your experience, you grade as being average at best. Wouldn't you be inclined to throw your opinion in simply because you've heard better and don't understand the undue praise?
>>
>>94573597
There's equal rights and freedoms and then there's inequalities in favor of those who were once oppressed.
>>
>>94565242
>any of the townies
>ok
Fuck off Sucrose, we know it's you. Only you could like the townies.
>>
>>94572569
>I have a friend who thinks Shakespeare is absolute trash

I don't know about 'absolute'. But people seem to have forgotten those plays were written to entertain crowds, not make lasting literary monuments.

>>94573981

Let's discuss that once it becomes a reality instead of a paranoid fantasy.
>>
>>94573981
>inequalities in favor of those who were once oppressed

I think you are talking about affirmative action.
Affirmative action is there to counter oppression, not to give minorities unfair adventages.

Just look at /pol/ and you will instantly see how racist society can be sometimes. you really think a /pol/tard would ever want to hire a black person or give a black person a fair chance? that's why affirmative action exists
>>
>>94571543
He's also a redditor
>>
>>94566944
/thread
>>
>>94574617
>He thinks "redditor" is a legitimate insult
wew
>>
>>94574668
>durr imma play dumb like i don't know reddit is a generalized term for grating kid with an annoying tendency to put themselves wherever they want and be attention whore meme fags
>>
>>94565242
>There's only 4 likable characters
>[Pic related]
Those are the worst characters in anything I've ever fucking seen. Peridot was fine at first but she was ruined.
>>
>>94565242
>Connie
>Lapis
>A fucking pumpkin

I get that memedot is written like an autist to entertain the children but the others are literal non-characters
>>
>>94574699
Nah, they just try to shame people for using reddit . it's a part of 4chan culture, but honestly it's really dumb because reddit is not one community, its a collection of many different communities
>>
File: 3mLydMU.jpg (42KB, 600x494px) Image search: [Google]
3mLydMU.jpg
42KB, 600x494px
>>94574757
>>
>>94565242
>Muh diversity
>>
>>94572111
I watch cartoons,. I like to talk about them whether they're good or not.
>>94572153
This entire topic is subjective. People can have a conversation about their opinions.
But I don't think it sucks, it's just mediocre.
>>94572212
You guys killed this Strawman already. Stop beating it's corpse.
>>94572211
In it's own way, yes. If more people are saying you're a shit person than not, you might need to do some introspection.
>>94573286
Anyone can make content too. For example that shit reanimation you posted.
>>94573549
I disagree, Log Date, Kindergarten Kid, Beta, The New Crystal Gems, Cat Fingers (I don't know if people considered that filler) have been some of the only good episodes. I think the show fails because of the emphasis it puts on the plot and emotionally driven scenes when, with the exception of cat fingers, they're incredibly bad at.
>>94574278
Forcing people to associate with people they don't want to is immoral. They have the right to discriminate and you and I have the right to discriminate against them too. Affirmative action, not only is wholely ineffective, but incentivizes non-meritocratic decision making and advantages those who are undeserving because those who are can succeed by their own ability anyway.
>>
>>94574791
Nah, i'm just a reasonable person. he clearly tried to shame me for using reddit

>>94574799
When you don't have laws against discrimination, not everyone are going to get equal opportunity to succeed in their life.

Black people won't get an equal opportunity to succeed if they live in a society that hates them and thinks they are inferior. that's why affirmative action exists.

I think the right of minorities to be given a fair chance is much more important than "the right to discriminate"
>>
>>94566040
You do realize that the sound is either chiptunes or sugar fucking around with a random instrument right?

Like, the person creating the music cannot play an instrument.
>>
>>94574903
Some of the music from SU is inspired by video game music but none of it is chip-tunes
>>
>>94574903
And btw Rebecca Sugar is working with professional composers to make the songs for SU. she is just writing the lyrics, she is not making the actual composition
>>
>>94566040
>they feel very relateable

here
is
that
word
again

if it's so relatable why I don't have a harem of magical diamond girls or whatever for myself
>>
>>94574938
>none of it chiptune
The overwhelming majority is chiptune. The creators themselves are in interviewers saying this. Like howbl sugar laughed at how bad she wad at music and yet was doing the "hipster" songs.
>>
File: 1501550643308.jpg (77KB, 700x658px) Image search: [Google]
1501550643308.jpg
77KB, 700x658px
>>94566565
>blocked in my country

it's not like I wanted to waste 10 minutes of my life with that turd of a show anyway
>>
>>94574958
1. Chiptune is not essentially bad
2. "Inspired by chiptune" is not chiptune
>>
>>94566565
>the critics, who will never do anything remotely as impressive.
that's saying way too broad of a statement, dumbshit fan
>>
>>94574951
You have to remember that you are talking to Steven universe fans. The protagonist is an obese, mentally handicapped kid stuck in an eternal childhood and whose so "empathetic and emotional", to put it gently, that a significant chunk of the fanbase holds the headcanon that he has sever autism. Not only that, but he is more mature and responsible than any of the other protagonists aka the gems. There is an entire scene with Connie ripping into the gems for that.

So when you hear them say that it's "relateable", like you said it's not because of the magical powers or aliens or other supernatural shit. Its because the protagonist is a teen old enough to be in high school, yet doesn't go to school, doesn't have a part time job, doesn't so sports, never works out, but instead spends his time playing video games, watching cartoons, overeating, and crying.

That's what they find relatable and it's pathetic as it is hilarious.
>>
>>94575184
Why did they even isolate him from his peers and keep him out of school anyway? I've heard fans claim it's because of powers hence why he lives with the gems. But everyone he has powers show up, cause he doesn't train they just pop in like a woman getting her period one day, the gems are baffled and have no idea how to help him.
I mean fuck his powers are a bubble, healing spit, and levitating. How the fuck is he dangerous?
And yes I know he has "super strength" but as we can clearly see when he got his fat add stuck in a lot he can clearly turn it on and off. And we deal with retards with retard strength all the time in education.
>>
>>94574951
You don't have to be in the place of a fantasy-world protagonist in order to find him a relateable protagonist.

What makes him relateable is the way he reacts to those situations

>>94575184
I stopped reading after the first sentence. you are not interested in honest criticism, you just want to shit on a show you dislike and attack people who love the show with no justification other than "They like something i dislike XD"

Fuck off honsetly
>>
>>94575276
I mean you're a fucking tripfag and I'm still reading your shit you fucking snowflake
>>
>>94575235
I don't think he has a birth certificate, so he can't enroll to school. He lives off the grid too.
>>
>>94574799
>i like talking about cartoons wether they are good or bad
You dont do that starting with "ugh why do any of you like the show? It sucks" and then go out of your way to refute everything the fans said they like about it. You just hate the show and want to revel in other people hating it because you feel that will make you feel better for not liking something popular
>>
>>94575235
It's because the writing is shit
>>
>>94575292
Why? His dad's a citizen and everyone seems to know gems are a thing.
Was his father just too much of a lazy deadbeat to get him one?
>>
>>94575287
Because i actually make reasonable arguments and i'm interested in actual conversation.

What >>94575184 did is just shitting on an entire fanbase of a show he dislikes just because they like something he doesn't.
>>
>>94575322
I mean feel free to refute my points and tell me how Steven Universe is "relatable" if my argument is so bad
>>
>>94567694
Kill yourself you absolute retard.
Your entire post started with you saying "why do you guys like it?" And then point out subjective opinions on WHY you dont like it. Furthermore,everyrime someone said why they like it,you fight them over their points. Stop being defensive,you just want to get people mad,and this superior attitude you have makes you look like a bigger autist.
But of course it makes sense for you retarded lapisfag.
>>
>>94574840
>You
>Reasonable
No.

>Black people won't get an equal opportunity
Yes, they will, they still have the ability to build their own businesses and communities. And you're also assuming that the society at large would be unwilling to cooperate with them. Which has never been true. Infact, Jim Crow laws existed so that people who were willing to service blacks couldn't. Government enforced discrimination is a far bigger issue.

And no one has a right to be given anything. They have right not to be violently aggressed upon, such as by a state enforcing association.
>>
>>94567843
What an idiot you are. Nothing in your post is subjective. You said all characters suck,which is entirely up to you. This thread is people fighting over SU quality without any real discussion.
You should stick to waifus because its the only thing youre good at
>>
>>94575235
There is an entire episode that explains why Steven is isolated and lives with the gems.

It's episode 10 of season 4, go watch it
>>
>>94575319
None of the gems are legal citizens either, So he couldn't get one since his "mother" does not exist.
>>
>>94565242
>characters suck
>plot sucks
>no tension
All of these are entirely subjective. I think the characters are great. I think the plot is good but dragged too much. I think the show still can be tense.
Its like people can have different opinions in stuff and getting mad at other people enjoying them is stupid
>>
>>94575356
There is clearly still racism and discrimination in western society. there are studies showing that even with identical credentials, people with a "black sounding name" are less likely to be hired than people with a European sounding name. things like that is why affirmative action exists.

If you don't believe me racism still exists, just go to /pol/ and ask them what they think about black people
>>
>>94575402
All stereotypes are rooted in truth though
>>
>>94575456
Some of them are, but not all. jews don't actually have large noses for example.

And even the ones that are rooted in a grain of truth still cannot be applied on everyone because within every ethnicity there is a wide range of different individuals.
>>
>>94575337
>Your entire post started with you saying "why do you guys like it?"
Yes that's how you start a discussion. With a question.
>subjective opinions on WHY you dont like it.
'Subjective opinion' is rather redundant. But yes, this is a board about cartoons, what did you expect if not opinions?
>everyrime someone said why they like it,you fight them over their points
That's what a discussion is.

>>94575295
>"ugh why do any of you like the show? It suck"
If that was what I said this would make sense, but that's not what I said is it.
>to refute everything the fans said they like about it
Are you to autistic to know what a discussion is?
>you feel that will make you feel better for not liking something popular
Almost EVERYONE on this board hates SU. I'm not exactly insulting a sacred cow. It's more likely you want to feel better about what you like, so you viciously attack my character instead of my argument.
>>
>>94575545
>Almost EVERYONE on this board hates SU
I have to disagree with you. from what i've seen it's mostly mixed: some people hate it, some people love it and some people think its just okay
>>
>>94575545
Exactly, no shit we want to shit on the show. The high majority of /co/ hates the show and even CN doesn't fucking air it.

The animation is objectively bad with mistakes fucking everywhere, the music is incredibly basic (creators even admitted it), and the story is shit because they decided to drag their feet and focus on slice of life for a couple seasons
>>
>>94575402
>There is clearly still racism and discrimination in western society
Sure, but that's not what I said is it. Infact I said it should be legal to discriminate.
>Things like that is why affirmative action exists.
That doesn't justify affirmative action. Not only does it clearly not solve that "problem" but people have the right to hire or not hire whoever they want, for whatever reason they want.
>>
>>94575612
What's more important: the right to discriminate, or the right of minorities to be given an equal chance to get hired regardless of their race?
>>
>>94575545
Its not a discussion if you continue to shut up people who are presenting a point from the other side. If you really wanted a discussion you would hear what fans have to say instead of looking down at them based on what they like.
The fact that you dont know what a discussion is shows how much of a kid you are
>>
>>94575600
And this is the type of people who >>94575545 wanted to attract.
You arent interested in people telling you why they like the show. You want a hate circlejerk for SU. Well guess what? After this thread is over,nobody is gonna remember it and some other cunt will create another thread to shit on SU. Except he wont be a retard and he will treat the discussion like it is
>>
>>94575662
Shut them up? What the fuck am I going to do if you post? Shoot you? You can say whatever you want. Disagreeing with you on a discussion board is not shutting you up.

This is the most retarded thing I've read so far.

>"Replying to things people say isn't a discussion"
How retarded do you have to be to believe this.
>>
>>94575654
The right to discriminate. No one has an equal chance to get hired. We're all different.
>>
>>94575578
>deep in hiatus, generals have been banned for a good while, literally nothing new to discuss
>bait-taking on SU hate threads finally slows down, but baiters keep trying, so there are "god SU sure does suck" threads that go unchallenged
>"welp, guess /co/ hates this show now"
>show eventually comes back
>assuming its not some rocknaldo tier bullshit, talkback/general threads proceed at the usual breakneck pace
>>
>>94575722
No anon, when i said equal chance to get hired i meant when two people have the same credentials and the only difference is race.

You shouldn't have a lower chance to get hired just because you were born black.

Now that you understand my question better, i will ask it again:
What's more important: the right to discriminate, or the right of minorities to be given an equal chance to get hired regardless of their race?
>>
>>94575700
Read my post you moron. Im not saying replying to people from the other side isnt discussion. But you act like you brought up a totally great discussion topic and WE ruined it,but your post starts with "why do people like this show?" and you get defensive when people tell you why. Your thread is fucked from the get go since the answer to your question is that different people have different opinions.
At least other threads are honest about hating SU and wanting a hate thread
>>
>>94575685
>And this is the type of people who >>94575545 (You) # wanted to attract.
I don't control who post here you insolent cunt.

>>94575740
t. Someone who has never left /sug/
>>
>>94575700
>why do people line the show?!
>i like the show because X
>pft you retard. Your show sucks
>well then why did you ask? This isnt leading anywhere
>SHUT THE FUCK UP ITS A GOOD DISCUSSION
retard
>>
>>94575782
Sure buddy. You totally went for a rational discussion angle by asking why other people like a show you dont. Its not like people can have diffeent opinions. No,what you say is law. Yes thats how the world works. Im sorry i insulted you,my king.
>>
>>94575782
With a title like that yes you do you absolute retard. But of course someone like you is too much of an idiot to realize that.
>>
>>94575771
>totally great discussion topic and WE ruined it
Did I say this?
I said telling people not to discuss their opinions on a cartoon is pointless and stupid, it's better than fucking waifufag threads constantly.
People complain about or defend SU in other threads anyway, nothing wrong with a thread to talk about it.
>>94575828
Yes, they do have different opinions. That's what this is. A discussion about opinions.

>>94575803
Never called someone a retard for liking SU. For other reasons yes, but not for that.
But you keep attacking that Strawman, it'll go down eventually.
>>
>>94575848
I didn't know the title stopped or forced people to come here. I'll wield this amazing power more carefully.
>>94575755
The right to discriminate.
You shouldn't be forced to hire people you don't like because of their skin color.
>>
>>94575941
Minorities shouldn't be forced to work much harder in order to feed their family because they happen to live in a racist part of america
>>
>>94575975
Others shouldn't be forced to feed or hire them if they don't want to.
>>
>>94575992
But by not hiring them you are forcing minorities that live in racist areas to have a much lower chance to succeed and progress.

A racist fuck isn't going to get harmed if he hires a black person for once. but a black person can actually get harmed if he needs to work in a shitty job because the all the good jobs reject him due to his skin color. and that's in the case he finds a job.
>>
>>94565242
it's having Hiatuses like Beserk, so maybe people can feel the same despair.
>>
>>94576047
Irrelevant. It's immoral to force someone to associate with people they don't want to.

Non-racist have the power to discriminate against racist as well and can boycott or in general choose not to service these people.
Also there's no such thing as a shitty job.
>>
>>94565242
This thread is allready shit but i like it because i love the characters a lot. The story has like a million problems but i think the characters and the writing on them is consistently good. Well,except lapis. Yes,even peridot,who everyone hates for some reason.
I dont like the music honestly.
>>
>>94576135
>Well,except lapis. Yes,even peridot,who everyone hates for some reason.
im sorry. I meant to say i like peridot, but i think lapis is not consistently written well. I like her, but her entire story is a mess
>>
I have 5 opinions about the show:

1) I think the show is actually one of the worst animated shows to be put on television.
2) I hold this belief, even after understanding that the show is inherently feminine, therefore not for me, and I don't consider that to be why I think it's the worst.
3) Despite its faults, I think the precedent it sets for the industry is great (maybe now the industry will (hopefully) be more open to creators not in the bubble developing for them)
4) I also think the precedent for allowing boarder-political miscegenation, rejecting a proper foundation for character models, and producing what should clearly be a show of script with storyboards in order to cheap out on actual writers is disrespectful to the art, to say the least.
5) Despite my dislike for the show and its contents, all of pearl's designs, and pearl as a character (at least in season 1) are my favorites, and she lacks enough lewds. I wouldn't watch the show for her, but I wish her design and voice was in something better.
>>
>>94576133
Its much more immoral to let people get a worse chance to succeed in life just because of their skin color.

Affirmative action is great also because it helps reducing unemployment in black neighborhoods, which suffer from the worst unemployment rates
>>
>>94576165
this is the most civilized hating SU response i have ever seen
But i disagree
>>
>>94576181
Black employment rates haven't improved since affirmative action was instituted and crime in the community has held fast and in places even risen.

And no, no it isn't.
>>
File: 1502358601978.jpg (45KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1502358601978.jpg
45KB, 500x500px
>>94565242
>Is there any legitimate defense of this show?
nothing that would satisfy you, it seems.

feel free to jerk off to AtLA and its wonderful, wonderful, sequel series. Perhaps anime would be more suited to your tastes?
>>
>>94576270
Both unemployment rates and crime rates in black communities dropped significantly in recent years actually.

I'm talking about averages here, not pinpointing one place as an anecdotal example.

affirmative action was nothing but positive
>>
>>94576276
this.
worst thing is the OP has a superior attitude like this is a real discussion thread instead of a circlejerk. In the end there will be another fucking hate SU thread and we will all forget this one
>>
>>94576276
Not a big fan of ATLA actually. I mean it's good, but not perfect. Not a big fan of anime either. There are good ones but they're mostly moeblobs with no real personalities or garyStu MCs who only lose when it's plot convenient. But it's interesting you'd assume that considering SU actually tries to emulate anime a lot. I mean if you wanted to insult me you could have said TTG or something. That would at least make sense.

SU leans far closer to a lot of anime than traditional Western cartoons, it's off to assume if I don't like SU that I would prefer the genre it tries and fails to replicate. But I would suggest it to SU fans, while a lot of anime is utter trash, there are a lot of series that do the action drama concept better.
Thread posts: 226
Thread images: 49

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.