[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Disney licensing out Marvel Comic books

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 152
Thread images: 19

Can we talk about this?
>http://thekingdominsider.com/will-disney-stop-publishing-marvel-comic-books/
If this is true, what does it mean for the comic book industry? I find it hard to believe that something as big as Marvel collapsing wont have lasting effects on the industry. What does it mean for Marvel characters themselves? Could this be a result of Marvel fucking up their books so much?
>>
This entire article is speculative clickbait meant to ponder upon the conditions that would lead Disney to end in-house publication of Marvel Comics. There is no actual evidence of this being the case, nor is there any evidence suggesting that this would ever happen. OP is a shill and a shyster.
>>
>>94558770
>yfw this happens and they license them to DC
>>
>>94558846
They did the same to Power Rangers because it didn't make them enough money. Can you imagine something as small as Marvel Comics?
>>
>In fact, it may have already begun, as it was announced that IDW Publishing will start producing Star Wars Comics, and Archie will publish digest comics based on Marvel superheroes.
>>
>>94558846
They already started man.
>>
>>94558942
>IDW Publishing will start producing Star Wars Comics
WHAT
>>
>>94558903

They dropped Power Rangers because they never wanted it in the first place and found it too violent.
>>
>>94558986
Kid-friendly Star Wars comics, unlike Marvel's. Funny how the article doesn't note that.
>>
>>94558873
At first glance I'd love this. But at second? This seems even more terrifying. Competition brings out better products. If DC owned Marvel it's game over for the other companies as there would be no more power struggle and both books would suck. Marvel needs to go to a company that's well known, but still shy from being considered a big deal. They also need to have good relations with other companies, including DC.
>>
>>Blaming white males again
Ugh.
>>
>>94559015
>a company that's well known, but still shy from being considered a big deal
Image.
>>
>>94558995
And you think they want to produce comic books? The industry is seen as a joke compared to movie and television. It's why they refer to the movies as "super hero movies" instead of "comic book movies", because everyone sees it as childish.
>>
>>94559003
Aw, I wanted Barber to write SW.
>>
>>94559040
This is what I was thinking. Either them or IDW. The latter is more likely considering the Star Wars thing.
>>
>More people are going to watch ‘Avengers: Infinity War’ than will have ever read the Infinity Gauntlet comics
;_;

>>94559073
Disney would never approve of Image; too liberal. It's IDW or Dark Horse.
>>
>>94559067
Well, he still could, just don't expect it to be the meatiest or most complex of comics.

Of course, he's a freelancer now, so Marvel could also hire him to write SW comics for them if they wanted to.
>>
File: 1430836759257.jpg (63KB, 760x640px) Image search: [Google]
1430836759257.jpg
63KB, 760x640px
>>94558770
>Could this be a result of Marvel fucking up their books so much?

no doubt in my mind that it's exactly that if this is true.

disney never bought marvel for the comics anyway so unless they're bleeding that much money from disney i can see them wanting to shut them down.

>>94558873
>mfw
i think quesada and the rest of the old guard at marvel would kill themselves if it did happen

>>94559015
i wouldn't worry too much. if marvel was taken out of the equation either image or IDW would take their place
>>
>>94559040
You misspelled "Valiant."
>>
>>94558770
Well that's one way of getting Ike out of the company.
>>
>>94559073
>>94559098

Or--snicker--Boom Studios.
>>
>>94558942
That was all announced months ago. Why the fuck are people panicking and going "MARVEL IS DOOMED!" now?
>>
>>94559098
>Dark Horse Marvel.
Best outcome in my opinion.
>>
Why doesn't Disney sell Marvels comics at their stores?

Please someone tell me. It seems so logical to do.
>>
>>94559193
I know they sell them at their parks.
>>
>>94559138
honestly if disney actually cared about anything other than the movies from marvel they would've forced ike out completely years ago.
>>
File: 1502016444537[1].jpg (14KB, 300x403px) Image search: [Google]
1502016444537[1].jpg
14KB, 300x403px
>>94558873
>DC brings back the marriage
>makes Mayday canon to 616
>Mayday hangs out with Jon and Damian
>Quessada, Bendis and Slott commit simultanious sudoku on livestream
am i finally out of the bad timeline
>>
>>94559193

Cuz some fat bitch mother from Arizona might buy one, see the blood and/or skimpy outfits, and sue them.
>>
>>94559193
Because Disney doesn't care about the comics. If it was up to them they'd erase the comics from every account so that people would associate the characters with Disney themselves. Comics are seen as a joke to everyone because of how inexesable and unprofitable they are. Which is a shame.
>>
>>94559220
they also sell them at Universal
>>
>>94558770
If Disney bled money because of Marlel wouldn't they just do a purge and put in a new staff?
>>
>>Comics are failing
>>"It must be because minorities and women can't relate to white guys!'
Jesus fucking Christ, comics suck now because the current Marvel writers are too incompetent to tell a story on their own!
>>
>>94559098
>More people want to laugh at quippy jokes then reading a well meaning story packed with drama.
It honestly pains me.
>>
>>94558873
>>94559119
>>94559235
Have you guys completely forgotten that Disney and Warner are competitors? This is like believing Disney could license Mickey out to Warner Animation.
>>
File: didio hope.jpg (49KB, 463x450px) Image search: [Google]
didio hope.jpg
49KB, 463x450px
>>94559235
>>
>>94559332
It could happen.
Remember Roger Rabbit?
>>
File: image.jpg (277KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
277KB, 960x720px
>>94558846
Disny don't care about comics. Pic related.,
>>
>>94559365
>cameos for one movie with a bunch of stipulations attached to them
>anything like licensing your IPs out to your competitor to use on a regular basis
It couldn't happen, and I have no idea why you'd think the two situations are anything alike.
>>
>>94559365
Dude, are you aware of the fucking conditions for that? The characters had to have the same amount of dialogue down to the number of letters each of them had in their words. They had to be on screen for the same number of frames. There's no way an arrangement like that would be possible for comics.
>>
Watching Marvel slowly decay after Civil War is like watching a loved one die of cancer. It's sad.
>>
>>94559040
>Image created because writers and artist didnt want to be Marvels bitchbois
>becomes Marvels bitchboi in the future anyway
Todd Mcfarlanes suicide note when
>>
>>94559400
>>94559419
What about Lego Avengers? Or Universal Studios? I don't think Disney cares so long as they get a check at the end of the day.
>>
>>94559332
i was just pointing out a hypothetical reaction to the whole thing.

realistically speaking it would go to IDW since they seen like the go to for licensed books especially hasbro.
>>
>>94559443
More like Marvel becomes their bitch. It's revenge rape.
>>
>>94559050
Or maybe because the term "comic book movie" is complete nonsense.
>>
>>94559459
Universal Studios is rumoured to be closing down their super hero island. As for the Lego Avengers games, I'm sure the inclusion of the Lego company is what makes that a sweeter deal.
>>
>>94558995
>>94558903
I thought it was because Disney wanted to make a animated Power Rangers and they kept saying no?
>>
>>94559230
They can't force him out. He's one of the largest Disney stockholders now with the sale.
>>
>>94559529
>Universal Studios is rumoured to be closing down their super hero island
This is far from true. Disney struck a deal with Universal recently allowing them to expand on super hero island actually. Plans of a new Iron Man ride already surfaced.
>>
>>94559551
Why not hire a hitman? It's not like Disney couldn't afford one.
>>
>>94559235
>Slott
He would be the first to jump back on DC's ship.
>>
>>94559570
I don't think Hitmen are around anymore. We haven't had a major assassination in forever.
>>
>>94559556
All right then, but it's still just a completely different situation than the Warner, Disney one. These are companies that have been in direct competition for decades, whereas Universal at least had some prior basis upon which to build a relationship.
>>
>>94559265
>If Disney bled money because of Marlel wouldn't they just do a purge and put in a new staff?
It's actually far easier just to close down Marvel and license the rights to everything instead. They wouldn't have to pay employees, wouldn't have to pay production costs, etc. All they do is take money for the license and let the guys buying the license make toys, comics, etc. and essentially advertise for them. Marvel would be nothing but a movie studio and a corporate office that handles licensing rights. Which would actually be ideal for Disney.
>>
>>94559121
You spelled Boring as Fuck wrong.
Weird.
>>
If Marvel goes to IDW does that mean Transformers, Micronaughts, and Rom will go back to being in continuity?
>>
File: 1490461808773.jpg (23KB, 477x331px) Image search: [Google]
1490461808773.jpg
23KB, 477x331px
>>94558770
>It's a pure speculation article
>Nothing in it says Disney is doing anything
>Just says Disney could do all these things
>>
>>94559442
A loved one who suddenly starts molesting you in the night, maybe.
>>
>>94559684
The Hasbro and Marvel licenses are completely separate, so no.
>>
>>94559685
I think everyone can read, anon, but thanks for the spark notes, well done!
>>
>>94559685
Of course it's all speculation retard. But the very fact that Disney /is/ selling properties doesn't bode well for the comics since it's obviously the weakest link.
>>
>>94559717
Can we at least expect crossovers? IDW loves those.
>>
>>94558986
HAHAHAHAHHA the SW titles are the majority of non-event Marvel books that regularly sell well (for Marvel). I don't believe this for a second until I research it further- but if it WERE true God that'd be fucking hilarious.
>>
>>94559770
What about IDW Star Wars? Marvel SW outsells almost every in-house title that isn't an event or a Number 1.
>>
File: Jew vs Jew.png (195KB, 1853x1158px) Image search: [Google]
Jew vs Jew.png
195KB, 1853x1158px
>>94559623
>Which would actually be ideal for Disney.

Wasn't this what Ike originally wanted?

>The joke everyone muttered was that, if Ike Perlmutter had his way, Marvel would consist of one guy in an office with a phone, licensing the characters. Why waste money on anything else?
>>
Everyone in thread is talking about Disney selling off Marvel as a whole. But what if they start selling characters individually? We may never see Spider-Man teaming up with Wolverine again.
>>
File: x9EsGoh[1].png (759KB, 613x828px) Image search: [Google]
x9EsGoh[1].png
759KB, 613x828px
>>94559827
See >>94559003
It's just SW comics for kids, because Marvel has no interest in publishing comics for kids anymore. We've known about this for months.
>>
>>94559551
>He's one of the largest Disney stockholders now with the sale.
>one of
it's irrelevant. if they were able to force him out of the movies they're able to force him out entirely.

and if they really can't they could've always shoved him off into a corner away from the big decisions as a "promotion" and forget about him
>>
File: It's not my blood running gag.png (111KB, 641x882px) Image search: [Google]
It's not my blood running gag.png
111KB, 641x882px
>>94559580
Brevoort can kiss DC's ass when it suits him.
>>
>>94559925
>every time you fix him somebody comes along afterwards and breaks him again.
Funnily enough, Tom strikes me as one of the asshats who supported OMD.
>>
>>94559924
>it's irrelevant. if they were able to force him out of the movies they're able to force him out entirely.
They didn't force him out of the movies. Marvel Studios was part of the Marvel proper. They moves Marvel Studios out of Marvel proper and into Disney proper. They can't simply remove him from Marvel proper without probably a big payout or some such.
>>
>>94559770
Star Wars isn't a core Marvel product. Which core Marvel property has Disney sold? Spider-Man? Fantastic Four? X-Men? Avengers?
>>
>>94559865
>ke Perlmutter had his way, Marvel would consist of one guy in an office with a phone, licensing the characters

given that marvel's biggest strength over DC was marketing & licensing their characters. ike technically got what he wanted ages ago.
>>
>>94560095
Doesn't matter whether or not. The bottom line is that weak links are being cut at Disney. We saw it with Power Rangers and that one Japanese studio they owned. It's obvious they don't see the comic industry as a profitable one so logically it comes across as one of the ones on the chopping block. In fact, the only reason why they bought Marvel in the first place is because George Lucas wouldn't sell Star Wars to them. Guess what they have now?
>>
File: MFW.png (60KB, 228x271px) Image search: [Google]
MFW.png
60KB, 228x271px
>MFW DC again just waits out Marvel to implode from greed like in the 90s.
>>
>>94560050
going by what you said they could by just slowly moving everything away from marvel proper to disney proper till marvel proper is just a guy in an office.
>>
File: Kelly.jpg (145KB, 800x582px) Image search: [Google]
Kelly.jpg
145KB, 800x582px
>>94558770
>Kelly was right AGAIN!
>>
>>94560220
>going by what you said they could by just slowly moving everything away from marvel proper to disney proper till marvel proper is just a guy in an office.
Like what >>94559623 said, the comic, television, etc. parts don't make enough for them to bother moving the from Ike. It's easier for them to just shut it down and license the rights so other companies can do it for them.
>>
>>94560166
You know, this comment had me thinking...

This is the same Disney that closed down Playdom and fired their 200 employees when they closed down Avengers Alliance, a game that was once the highest played Facebook game ever. When that game was ending, there was an air of flaws and rushed problems. Hell, the forums closed down and they never opened again.

Flash forward to current Marvel. What do they have after Secret Empire? Even Venomverse is being rushed in 1.5 months with 4 issues in one month and one in the next. There doesn't seem to be any stories being hyped up and everything seem to be going on their current bland course. What if Disney is closing down the comics division and they are just riding it out?
>>
>>94559539

Nah. Short version: Disney bought Fox Family, looking for a place to dump ABC reruns and cheap dramas. They got the entire Saban and Fox Kids library as part of a package deal.

At first Disney didn't really care, mainly since Bandai kept it going and they stayed pretty hands off. Eventually Disney got fed up with spending on the money, so they tried to make a cheaper animated one. No go. Then they thought it was too violent, so they tried to force Toei to make it less intense, even trying to get creative control. That REALLY pissed Japan off (and now you know why Shinkenger/Samurai was so Japanese-heavy: sort of a fuck you to Disney). Finally Disney just said "fuck it" and cancelled the show. Bandai begged and pleaded to have SOMETHING they could sell toys of, so they slapped together the "reversioning" of MMPR season 1.

Then Saban swooped in and bought the rights back. The end.
>>
>>94560446
It would make sense why DC is going to suddenly hire Marvel writers. Hell, it even makes sense with legacy numbers coming back so they can end with one last story or something.

My concern is that /if/ they sell the rights, do they go individual IPs or Marvel as a whole. And if individual, what does that mean for continuity? Like, say DC buys Spider-Man. Will he continue to live in 616, even though they aren't allowed to reference the rest of the universe? Or will they zap him into the DC universe somehow?
>>
I want Jim Shooter as the editor for that new Marvel.
>>
>>94560525
I think it's just gonna be reprints in the end, anon.
>>
>>94560573
Which tells me you don't really know that much about Shooter. There is reason no one wants him, anon. Even 90's Valiant gave him the boot.
>>
>>94559332
Pretty sure a Warner company makes the Lego Marvel games.
>>
>>94560700
Yes.
>>
>>94560700
Because the Lego company hires them to.
>>
>>94559050
A History of Violence is a "comic book movie." Cape movies are a subset of comic book movies so deserve their own label.
>>
>>94560857
I always like to throw "Road to Perdition" out there instead of "A History of Violence" because I feel like it's the better GN/comicbook movie.

It's very close to "Lone Wolf and Cub though
>>
>>94560525
>>94560589
...now I'm starting to legit get worried. Like, SDCC, Marvel had nothing to really announce at all in the way of comics. There is no big book after Secret Empire outside "Marvel Legacy". Marvel usually at least has some BIG book. Even the Avengers lineup is fucking pathetic right now!

Shit, we might actually be seeing the end of Marvel comics!
>>
>>94560446
>Flash forward to current Marvel. What do they have after Secret Empire? Even Venomverse is being rushed in 1.5 months with 4 issues in one month and one in the next. There doesn't seem to be any stories being hyped up and everything seem to be going on their current bland course. What if Disney is closing down the comics division and they are just riding it out?

Wasn't it revealed they're gonna do a re-launch after Legacy? With IW coming out you bet they're gonna shit out a giantmega event with Thanos.
>>
>>94560946
Even so, you'd figure Marvel would at least push a big seller between now and then, and there's nothing.
>>
>>94560222
>no lady liberty
This looks fake imo
>>
>>94560446
>>94560525
>>94560589
>>94560935
>people complain that Marvel does event after event
>Marvel says they won't do anymore for a year or so
>start crying that no event after Legacy must mean it's the end of Marvel
Alarmist retards.
>>
>>94560986
Legacy and Generations WERE supposed to be the big sellers. Same with Blunder Empire.
>>
>>94561000
But even when there aren't events, they at least shake things up. A massive Avengers lineup of A-Listers! Fucking Uncanny X-Force! Some book to get the hype going again, but there is literally nothing they are offering. I'm not saying "Do another event", but instead Marvel is doing fucking nothing at all! Name one story they presented for Legacy that looks like the writers are giving a shit.
>>94561004
Generations is so mundane, it fucking hurts!
>>
File: 1426566019844.jpg (13KB, 216x234px) Image search: [Google]
1426566019844.jpg
13KB, 216x234px
>>94558873
>JLA/Avengers sequel by Johns

not sure if want
>>
>>94559015
If competition brings out better products then why do most of Marvel's books suck so much shit comparatively to when both companies were on better terms?
>>
>>94559239

What skimpy outfits? Nu-Marvel barely has any.
>>
>>94561106
Easy, because Marvel doesn't view DC as a competitor. They think no matter what they do Disney will have their backs and prevent them from crashing. So they let themselves get lazy.
>>
>>94561055
>Name one story they presented for Legacy that looks like the writers are giving a shit.
Guardians of the Galaxy, because Duggan certainly does give a shit.

I'm sorry, anon, but this just feels like you bitching about the fact that nothing has you interested and that Marvel's keeping most of their pre-SE writers and artists on right now. Even then, they are shaking stuff up. There's Waid and Samnee on Captain America, plus the rumors of Aaron and Ribic on Avengers and Spencer on Spider-Man.
>>
>>94560299
which brings everything back to my original point that disney would've cut ike loose years ago if they didn't only care about the movies from marvel
>>
>>94561180
Marvel Comics, as bad as they are, are still operating in the green. Disney would cut them only if they became unprofitable.
>>
>>94561158
All that you listed isn't high selling material though. Duggan's GOTG, though I like it, isn't doing anything revolutionary, especially since it's doing "Gather the gems" again. Waid's and Samnee's Cap reeks of "Killing issues til the big number change". Like, after Waid's Champions and Avengers, I'm expecting the bare minimum from Cap. Like, "Reference WWII and equate it to what's happening now" boring. I'll have to see what that Aaron Avengers will be, cause Aaron always starts with promise then nosedives, and I doubt the Spencer Spider-Man news cause Slott.
>>
>>94561216
Again,
>I'm sorry, anon, but this just feels like you bitching about the fact that nothing has you interested and that Marvel's keeping most of their pre-SE writers and artists on right now.
>>
>>94561245
And I'm telling you, none of this feels like Marvel giving it their all and this could be Disney slowly terminating the branch.
>>
>>94558770

What you get Marvel for fucking everything up HAHAHAHA!
>>
>>94561272
And I'm telling you, you're literally treating the fact that Marvel isn't changing things up as much as you'd personally like as the end of the company.
>>
>>94560935
they're waiting until stan lee dies. screencap this.

thats why they went full retard with the sjw stuff. they are using it as an IP farm for the movies and tv shows. it was all a test to see what kind of sjw shit the fans would approve of that could be brought into other media. thankfully most of it failed.
>>
>>94561547
whoa. this, brah.
>>
>>94558986
Fuck that, give it back to Dark Horse
>>
>>94561925
I want the entirety of Marvel to go to them.
>>
If this happens the funniest thing will be seeing how dramatically Marvel's bookstore sales jump in just the first year. Like it has to be at least a 150% increase just because they're clearly doing much worse than they should be.
>>
>>94558770
>Will Disney Stop Publishing Marvel Comic Books?

Any headline that ends in a question mark can be answered by the word no.
>>
>>94560449
Based Japan
>>
>>94559098
>>94559073
>>94559040
Do any of you even understand how Image works? Even when GI Joe was published under Image, it wasn't Image itself that got the license, it was Devil's Due, who decided to publish under Image at the time. If Disney were to make a deal with someone at Image, it'd have to be with someone (like say for example, Kirkman or McFarlane) and not Image itself.

>>94559443
>Hey, I think Disney could try to license Marvel to Image
>IMAGE TAKING CONTROL OF MARVEL MEANS THEY'RE MARVEL'S BITCHBOI

How are you this fucking illiterate?
>>
>>94559966
Uh yeah, he didn't just support it, he wrote up a Spider-Manifesto as a guideline for writers during BND. You didn't know that?
>>
>>94558770
>>http://thekingdominsider.com/will-disney-stop-publishing-marvel-comic-books/

Please, Lord make this happening

>>
Marvel should start a patreon
>>
>>94558903
They sold Power Rangers for $43 million in 2010 (as widely reported at the time). This represented the entire rights held by Disney at that time.

In 2010, the comic book market in North America as a whole was worth $660-690 million (estimated) of which about 60% was through Diamond (the value of which is known, not estimated).

Marvel's dollar share in 2010 was 38.23% of the overall market (for a 43.35% unit share). 38.23% of the lower-end value of the market would be around $252 million. This represents turnover, not profit, but it's a good starting place to understanding the value of the business.

But the value of the turnover doesn't include the potential value of assets held by the business; any Marvel property might easily be worth eight figures in movie rights, whereas with Power Rangers, all Disney had was the right to make tv shows, movies, and comic books about one thing. That there are multiple variations on the basic theme doesn't matter; Power Rangers as a whole are not anything like as valuable an IP. It took eight years for the franchise to sell $6 billion of merchandise; Spider-Man alone sells that every four years.
>>
>>94562867
We're not talking about Marvel as a whole though. We're talking about specifically the comic rights.
>>
>>94561000
I just said I thought it would end up being reprints, based on the fantagraphics Duck history. You made all that other shit up.
Climb out from under all those cocks before you post again.
>>
>>94563194
Nah, your post is just as absurdly alarmist as the others.
>>
>>94563358
>alarmist
I'm not nearly as alarmed as you seem to be.
Idle speculation doesn't get me mad.
>>
>>94558770
I can't wait for the direct market to die. The whole floppy business model is cancer, the sooner we transition to stand alone graphic novels the better.
>>
>>94558770
>even with explanations that included blaming diversity for Marvel’s shortcomings
Christ, it's true that people only read headlines. The actual quote wasn't blaming diversity as bad. It was blaming the fans for not liking diversity. It wasn't "diversity was bad and we shouldn't have done it" but "the stupid assholes were too sexist and racist to go with what we were doing".

Marvel never admits it fucks up. It is always the fault of the fans.
>>
>>94566223
I read the article and it was pretty clearly saying that they tried to use diversity to get an audience wider than the stereotypical 'straight white man', but since comic books were only stocked in specialty stores, only the pre-existing fans would see the books, and those fans were 'straight white men' who weren't interested in the diversity.
>>
>>94566223
>Marvel never admits it fucks up.
And look where it theoretically got them.
>>
>>94558770
It would be great

>>94558873
>Vertigo X-Men
YEES
>>
>>94558770
As far as Disney is concerned, they have the movie rights, that's all that really matters to them.
>>
>>94561080
But jla/avengers was two reboots and two crisis ago for DC and one "reboot" ago for marvel could they even connect it still?
>>
>>94564198
This. Burn motherfuckers, burn. BURN
>>
>DC buys Spider-Man.
>We get regular Superman, Batman, Spider-Man stories.
>>
>>94561106
Because their competition is equally shit, so neither of them strive to do better.
>>
>>94572942
>Daily Planet hires new photographer, Peter Parker
>Peter becomes rivals with Jimmy Olsen
>Jimmy Olsen becomes Venom
>>
>>94558770

Disney isn't going to hand over the IP of comic book characters from which they can make money in others way.

At most, they will LIMIT what Marvel Comics can spend on salaries, exclusive contracts, cut editorial and other executives (within limits of whatever fucking parachutes Ike and whomever set up for themselves with the whole Marvel BS LLC shit they've been doing since the 1990s).

They are already, for example, licensing REPRINTS, in digest form, to Archie so that Archie can push Marvel comics in drugs stores and supermarkets, where Archie still has an in and Diamond can't get Batman marrying Harley Quinn past the answering services.

The most that Disney might do is entertain selling off lesser characters and I doubt they will do that, they will simply mothball them the way they did the extended universe characters for Star Wars.

>>94562867
Comics are far more profitable than you're implying.

DC trade sales a few years back were reputably reported in Forbes at being $600M. I suspect what are talking about is the current floppies (and presumably the trades of those when they are released). I know Forbes talked about DC's back catalog when they did their run and they were simply talking TPBs, HCs, etc. but I don't remember if the article broke it down to all older stuff or was (at that time frame) also putting New 52 trades in with the rest of this.

I also think Digital has to play a role - DC Super Hero Girls has turned out to be highly profitable for DC, and that's not just licensing from the toys. They also have deals with Lego, which churns out graphic novels, but the DVD sales of their direct market stuff (the Legion of Doom and the Bizarro League stuff) sells really well, even better than the mainstream New 52 direct market DVDs were doing, which is why they stopped adapting those crappy arcs/canon so quickly after Throne of Atlantis.
>>
what would be different? Marvel lets any hack write stuff without care for continuity.
>>
>>94560222
Except DC sold out to Warner Bros long before Marvel did to Disney.
>>
>>94573309
That woudn't even be the weirdest thing Jimmy has become.
>>
>>94573747

Warner Brothers left DC alone for years. It's only been post Levitz that they have gotten involved. It's one of the reasons the MCU got started and DC/WB was backpedaling while standing still.
>>
>>94559922
What shitty quality control department didn't veto that stupid look on Vader's face?
>>
File: fuck disney.jpg (499KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
fuck disney.jpg
499KB, 800x1200px
>>
File: fuckdisney.jpg (209KB, 594x900px) Image search: [Google]
fuckdisney.jpg
209KB, 594x900px
>>
>>94573747
>Except DC sold out to Warner Bros long before Marvel did to Disney.
DC's been part of Warner since the 60s. They've been the same company for 2/3rds of their existence.
>>
File: lordfanny.jpg (90KB, 142x297px) Image search: [Google]
lordfanny.jpg
90KB, 142x297px
>>94558770
It's a trap.
>>
>>94561547
Stan Lee's going to be rolling in his grave.
>>
File: 1501638169589.jpg (212KB, 592x900px) Image search: [Google]
1501638169589.jpg
212KB, 592x900px
>>94558873
>dc saves spider-man
Want.
>>
>>94558770
FUCKING FINALLY!
>>
>>94573376
the fact that you wrote a tl;dr post means that it's very likely to happen
>>
>>94577353
I'd be happy if anyone saved Pete, even someone at Marlel. He's had like a decade of the company shitting on him and it just needs to stop by any means necessary.
>>
File: 1502397031344.jpg (13KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
1502397031344.jpg
13KB, 350x350px
>WB buys Marvel
>DC vs Marvel 2 happens
>mfw Amalgam is back
>>
File: Just as planned.jpg (154KB, 750x905px) Image search: [Google]
Just as planned.jpg
154KB, 750x905px
Thread posts: 152
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.