[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Michael Bay In Talks To Direct DC's FLASHPOINT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 7

File: Michael Bay.jpg (393KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
Michael Bay.jpg
393KB, 1000x563px
>Sources say that longtime 'Transformers' director Michael Bay is in early talks with Warner Bros Pictures to helm their upcoming tentpole superhero film FLASHPOINT, starring Ezra Miller and slated for a release in 2020. 'Back to the Future''s Robert Zemeckis was previously the frontrunner for the job, but it seems negotiations have stalled, prompting WB executives to reach out to Bay and a few other select candidates to discuss the project, with Bay, who recently vacated the director's chair of the 'Transformers' franchise, emerging as the favored candidate, due to his long history of box office success and known ability to deliver movies on budget and on schedule.

>Story is developing...

http://ew.com/movies/2017/05/16/flash-director-michael-bay/
>>
>>94558183
Nothing's showing up on Google, OP. At least you tried.
>>
Nice source there OP.
>>
>>94558183
>May 16
>>
>>94558183
>Story is developing...
With Bay involved, there won't be any story to develop.
>>
>>94558604
There has never been any story in anything by Johns.
>>
>>94558183

I know it's not real, but Bay is our guy anyway.
>>
>>94558183
So Bay is gonna make a movie about a guy who runs really fast, phases through things and makes them explode? Figures.
>>
Obvious bait but WB might actually be retarded enough to hire a hack like Bay.
>>
>>94558183
Thank god it isn't real, DC even though I am not a fan wouldn't deserve that.
>>
>Michael Bay to adapt Johns' work
Like pottery
>>
Bay is Snyder gone right. That'd actually be a good choice.
>>
>>94560028

>Dawn of Baykino
>>
>>94558992
>Obvious bait but WB might actually be retarded enough to hire a hack like Bay.
Bay actually makes decent movies when someone keeps him on a leash. Bad Boys, The Rock, Pain and Gain, the first Transformers, etc. All of those are fine and all made a really good amount of money. It's really only when you let him off the leash, like the Transformers sequels, and allow him to go full Bay that he fucks things up.
>>
Pain and Gain was fun
>>
File: 1486956110554.gif (3MB, 220x115px) Image search: [Google]
1486956110554.gif
3MB, 220x115px
>>94558183
>Michael Bay
>>
File: aw lawdy.jpg (28KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
aw lawdy.jpg
28KB, 500x375px
>>94558183

Fake but what movie would you give Bay? I'd give him Suicide Squad honestly. Big dumb action with villains. Maybe he'd revert back to the Bay that did Bad Boys and the Rock.
>>
>>94560598
Green Lantern.

>Hal Jordan and John Stewart are RED-BLOODED AMERICANS
>Hal Jordan is a HOTSHOT MILITARY PILOT
>John Stewart is a STOIC MARINE SNIPER
>They live in California, which is filled with PRETTY SUNSETS
>Hal has sex with lots of HOT WOMEN
>Hal has an ETHNIC WISECRACKING BEST FRIEND
>John deals with MARINE STUFF
>Their fellow Corpsmen are QUIRKY EXTRATERRESTRIAL ARCHETYPES.
>Their bosses are BUREAUCRATIC DICKS that are often PUT IN THEIR PLACE
>Their mentor turned enemy is a CONSERVATIVE MILITARY MAN GONE ASTRAY
>Hal has a BARELY LEGAL qt on the side.
>John was a SEXY FOREIGN alien babe on his D.
>Their powers are inherent to EXPLOSIONS and COOL CGI.
>The Star Sapphires are an army of SCANTILY-CLAD BABES who need BIG GREEN DICK
>The Red Lanterns are basically SPACE ISIS
>>
>>94560598

Justice League 2.
>>
>>94560143
And genrally still makes an ass load of money. He knows what he's doing.
>>
>>94560694
This is a ton of valid points.
>>
>>94558183
LOL please mother of god let this happen. I want to see DCCU fags lose their shit.
>>
>>94560694
wtf i want this now
>>
>>94560694
FUND IT
>>
I don't think he's THAT bad outside of Transformers.
>>
File: 268.jpg (8KB, 226x226px) Image search: [Google]
268.jpg
8KB, 226x226px
>>94558183

Reminder that Johns is a hack, flashpoint was a terrible comic and this is EXACTLY what he wanted: ROYALTIES

The guy uses his power to get rich, he used his role as a consultant and executive to get paid as a writer in the batman movie and it failed hard. Now this is a full push. JL 2 will be literally forever evil or blackest nioght or some other shit. Fuck him and fuck his stupid fans.
>>
>>94560598
Nu Suicide Squad, maybe. But Ostrander Squad deserves better.
>>94563087
Johns has written some good stuff, but you're right. Why else would he push Curse of Shazam! and JL Origin upon the masses?
>>
>>94558216
better?
>>
>>94558183
when bay finds out he can't do wonder woman in slow motion, wel... he could but why, he'll say no thanks.
>>
>>94564426
>when bay finds out he can't do wonder woman in slow motion

Why not. Patty Jenkins did.
>>
>>94560772
>He knows what he's doing.

Which is make things go boom and let the CG artists go crazy. He knows Americans are stuid enough to watch his garbage. Good thing they're getting wise too Hollywood's bullshit. This summer may have been bad for Hollywood but at least we know they'll try harder next year.
>>
File: Michael.bay.png (270KB, 340x416px) Image search: [Google]
Michael.bay.png
270KB, 340x416px
>Be Michael Bay
>Get contracted to do a Transformers sequel
>Play casting couch with jailbait models because they so want to be part of the Transformers franchise
>Let interns film all the human scenes
>Stop by to "direct" the human scenes that include the models you fucked
>Get the movie studio to pay for your not-vacation to some exotic location
>Get there and film yourself blowing random things up with your buddies
>Hand over the raw footage to the special effects team and tell them to bring the script to life
>Make millions

I hate him but damn if he isn't living the dream.
>>
>>94558183
I wish.

Then the Flash movie would guarantee to bomb and the chances of Barry staying around in comics would diminish and we'd get Wally as the Flash.
>>
>>94560598
I wouldn't give Michael Bay shit. He's like Zack Snyder but even dumber.
>>
>>94565746
>Michael Bay movie
>Bombing

boi
>>
>>94560694
I'm down
>>
why
the
fuck

hasn't there been a GI Joe movie directed by michael bay

>military jerking
>ridiculous characters
>racist stereotypes (spirit etc)
>woman only exist as vapid bombshells for the men to attain or fight over (snake x scarlett x duke)

seriously it's match fit for him
>>
Bay doesn't write his movies, so the story wouldn't necessarily be bad.

But he's a terrible director either way so even with a good script it would probably be ass.
>>
>>94565928
He's from /tv/, he thinks "getting a low RT score" = bombing
>>
>>94565983
The first GI Joe movie was definitely an attempt at replicating Transformers' success. But even Bay can't direct multiple movies at once and they need him pumping out those Transformers sequels.
>>
>>94565419
I think we know what I meant but I'll be more forward.

Gal Gadot doesn't have the bouncy boobs to make a bay slo-mo necessary. As much as I enjoyed her movie and Patty's imitation of Snyder's slo-mo.
>>
>>94560598
They should have let Bay direct Man of Steel
>>
nice bait OP this isn't hard to do at all

>Sources say that surreal director David Lynch is in early talks with Warner Bros Pictures to helm their upcoming tentpole superhero film FLASHPOINT, starring Ezra Miller and slated for a release in 2020. 'Back to the Future''s Robert Zemeckis was previously the frontrunner for the job, but it seems negotiations have stalled, prompting WB executives to reach out to Lynch and a few other select candidates to discuss the project, with Lynch, who recently said he was interested in making more feature films, as well as directing the revival of his cult classic “Twin Peaks” for Showtime, emerging as the favored candidate, due to his long history of critical success and known ability to deliver movies on budget.

>Story is developing...

http://ew.com/movies/2017/05/16/flash-director-david-lynch/
>>
doesn't matter who directs it, it's gonna suck
>>
>>94568912
is... is it bad if i want this?
>>
>>94568912
>inb4 when can it fail so grant gustin gets to be flash in teh movies

just make it a kevin smith movie if they EVER try putting gustin in even a cameo role. flash and shitty tv leather flash go to mooby world.
>>
>>94560694

Scary good
>>
>>94565928

13 Hours wasn't a huge hit. Not a flop, either, but it had a lukewarm time at the box office.
>>
>>94558183
It's like they are actively trying to make me not want to see this movie.
>>
>>94565983
>why
>the
>fuck
>hasn't there been a GI Joe movie directed by michael bay

There have been. The first three Transformers movies, starring Josh "Duke" Duhamel.
>>
Sure. They brought in Whedon, might as well bring in Bay.
>>
>>94559127
This. Flashpoint is already a story made for Bay to direct. Johns is the Michael Bay of comics.
>>
>>94570339
paint him blonde, he can't have been worse than channing tatum was.

fucker can't act, don't know why people actually seem excited for him as gambit
>>
>>94560694
Give it to me right now nigga!
>>
>>94560694
I want M.A.S.H. with green lanterns now
>>
>>94571895
they're gay but don't realise it
>>
>>94565928

What is The Island.jpg
>>
File: whose to blame.jpg (75KB, 450x488px) Image search: [Google]
whose to blame.jpg
75KB, 450x488px
>>94563087

The worse part of this is The Cereal Lord got WB Animation to waste time adapting two of his shitty Justice League arcs because he convinced of the suits of the necessity of doing it for "synergy" with the comics, which was lead up by forcing them to adapt his shitty Flashpoint arc as an animated movie.

Then, stepping up into his role of getting the 80 plus years of creativity and imagination that is the back catalogue of DC/National/All-American, et. al, he talks Greg Berlanti into ONCE AGAIN adapting his shitty Flashpoint arc into the most hated season of any of the DCW shows in five years of television (and this includes the Hawk Legends of Tomorrow season).

Now, he gets to force the DCEU to once again adapt more of his shitty canon, so that Barry Allen can be introduced to the vast unwashed of casual superhero fandom with Flashpoint....
>>
>>94558183
Based Bay and Whedon saving DC
Fuck Snyder
>>
>>94571987
But anon, Spearchucker Jones was only in like 3 episodes.
>>
>>94570187
It was a borderline indie movie with a limited release.
>>
>>94572174
>Flashpoint arc into the most hated season of any of the DCW shows in five years of television

Come on now, season 4 of "Arrow" was worse.
>>
>>94560694
>This gets made.
>Articles like "Why the parade of toxic masculinity known as 'Green Lanterns' is the Donald Trump of superhero movies ovies" everywhere in the media.
>Tomatometer 27%
>Audience Score 93% Liked It
>>
>>94568912
Lynch can pull off a time travel movie, especially with the idea of Zoom as Barry's eternal tormentor since childhood.
>>
>>94572174
Geoff Johns will end up the richest modern comic book writer after MacFarlane

The guy is literally swimming in royalties.
>>
>>94574829
>900M+ worldwide
>>
>>94560694
>Mark Wahlberg as Hal Jordan
>Will Smith as John Stewart
>>
>>94568912
Put Lynch on Doom Patrol, then I'll be happy.
>>
>>94558183
Weak bait, even Michael Bay is not that stupid
>>
>>94560694
$1.1 billion at the WW box office guaranteed, China's gonna love it
>>
>>94574788

I'm talking actual reactions on sites that are very normie/casual but cover the DCW - e.g. Entertainment Weekly, which recaps all the shows - the Savitar reveal was savaged there and pretty much all over the place and all the FP drama during the Dominator cross-over and elsewhere was also savaged - even nerd/geek sites like the forums/comments on i09, DenofGeek, Nerdist's video shows, ComicVine all bring up Barry/time travel/FP hate boners.
>>
>>94558183

You know what needs to be done.
>>
>>94558183
he looks like michael bolton
>>
>>94560694
Don't forget.

>John makes fun of Hal for being Air Force
>>
>>94575747
Oh, it was bad. Just not the worst.
>>
>>94560694
what the fuck this actually sounds good
>>
>>94574829

>Offensive towards strong womyn
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.