[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (1MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2448x3264px
I'm really interested in making a webcomic.

What is a recommended drawing tablet to get started/program to draw with?

Only ever done pencil and paper...
>>
>>94556797
i think that looks bad
>>
>>94556863
Okay... But I want to get better. Never said I was good.
>>
File: images (1).jpg (5KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
5KB, 210x240px
>>94556797
I can't tell if you're joking
>>
>>94556925
I'm not joking... I want to get good. Haven't drawn since a little kid but I think I want to give it a try and watch myself progress over time because I enjoy it
>>
>>94556797
A tablet won't make you good and is a big waste of money if you lose interest.

I'd say just keep using pencil and paper until you've run through a tablet's worth of money of both.
>>
>>94556996
This guy knows what's up. You just need to draw all the time, and constantly challenge yourself. Hands look like meatloaf? Draw hands for a few days.

I've been drawing for 30 years and I still look at stuff I drew five years ago and go 'yuck' because I've improved since the .

It's a slow process, and I hate to say this but I'm convinced it's almost 80% about having raw talent.
>>
>>94557232
DESU, drawing your own hands by sight is easy and quick to get a hang of, but I find it almost impossible to translate it into drawing hands from my imagination, When I draw hands from my imagination, I always fall back on some stock poses.

>>94556797
You're pose looks stiff and unnatural, the feet certainly shouldn't be facing opposite ways like that... maybe practice drawing yourself in the mirror (a long vertical one). Look up what foreshortening is so you can draw things like arms facing towards the viewer.
>>
File: 1442399111869-1-loli.jpg (23KB, 500x755px) Image search: [Google]
1442399111869-1-loli.jpg
23KB, 500x755px
If your serious OP

It will take time, patience, practice

A good start is just doing simple still life to at least get the flow and movements of your hands and arms down.

Don't put money into the tablet for at least a year if your still drawing then you can bump it up into a maybe
>>
>>94556797
Is that Street Fighter 5's Abigail?
>>
Best thing to do is before you start spending money on expensive equipment you should first learn the fundamentals of drawing such as breaking things down into simple shapes and learning about posture and anatomy.
I know it can be very boring and sometimes you wont even feel like you are progressing but knowing these things can help you a lot, trust me.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.