[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Blue Beetle

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: blue beetle.jpg (200KB, 1900x900px) Image search: [Google]
blue beetle.jpg
200KB, 1900x900px
How do we make this guy interesting? is it impossible at this point?
>>
He already is.
>>
The failures of his recent ongoings are that they mostly haven't done a good job at just reestablishing the status quo from his 2006 run and haven't really moved forward from poorly rehashing things, but Jaime is a fine character. Not sure why you think he's uninteresting.
>>
>>94554378
Make him lay eggs inside villains as punishment.
>>
Decide once and for all whether the scarab is alien or magic

Whatever is decided, stick with for at least 30 years
>>
>>94554709
???
I thought it was always alien? Is this some retarded shit like the Spider Totem that only happened once and everyone ignores?
>>
>>94555041
Originally magic. Then alien. Then magic-alien
>>
File: Maxwell_Lord.png (211KB, 320x414px) Image search: [Google]
Maxwell_Lord.png
211KB, 320x414px
Kill him
>>
File: Blue Beetle (2016-) 011-014.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Blue Beetle (2016-) 011-014.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>94554414
why the hell is he still in high school with the same 1-dimensional group of teen friends? and why can't they afford a good artist for his book?
>>
>>94555106
"no".
>>
>>94555191
His friends were good in the 2006 run

But Giffen is fucking up and making them so goddamn obnoxious and hateful
>>
I want to enjoy the current run so much. I like Jamie, and Ted is one of my favorite fictional characters, but it's so...meh. Not even bad exactly, just forgettably mediocre.
>>
They need to follow up on the status quo from 2006 run, not rehash it. Move him up a few grades. Like how back in the 80s and 90s, comic characters used to age.
>>
>>94554378
They already made him brown, so they're probably out of ideas.
>>
>>94555937
You realize that Jamie was created over ten years ago, right?
>>
>>94555270
The problem is he waited too long to bring in his collaborator

As soon as DeMatteis stepped in the book noticeably improved but now it's too late
>>
>>94556102
I'm pretty sure the page that >>94555191 posted was from the latest issue and those two are still so poorly written
>>
>>94554378
The first volume was really good, just do more of that.
>>
>>94554378
He already is, his current ongoing may have issues but Jaime is not one of them, and his original run was great.
>>
Have him go on space adventures so he can protect other planets from the reach invasion, green lantern style.
>>
The thing that held Jaime's 2006 run together was the strong emphasis on his bonds with friends and family as a supportive network. We get almost none of that in the New 52 and Rebirth runs. Do they butt heads sometimes? Sure, but Jaime and his friends and family always pulled through and helped each other out in the end.

In Rebirth especially, you get this vibe that everyone just hates each other's guts. 95% of the lines out of any given character's mouth are insults and snark, particularly between Kord/Jaime and Brenda/Paco. The latter is especially off-putting because every time we see them, they're fighting. Not playful bickering and pushing each other's buttons like we're familiar with, but arguing and fighting. We get the impression that they aren't actually friends and it's a wonder why they keep interacting. Even Jaime doesn't come off as liking either of them very much.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.