[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the emoji movie really the worst ever? i don't think so

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 6

File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (71KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
71KB, 1280x720px
From what i've seen in the trailer, the movie appears to at least have competent animation, graphics and voice-acting.

The plot and writing is garbage, but should it really be considered the "worst movie of all time" when it at least has competent animation and voice acting?

(Note: i'm not saying the animation was "good", i'm saying it was competent)
>>
>The movie has a story that is nothing more than product placement and it makes you want to kill yourself with how atrocious it is
>But it's not bad because it's pretty
>>
>>94553309
I didn't say it's not bad, read again what i wrote: i said it's not the worst thing ever
>>
>>94553339
Then why not go see it for yourself? Sounds like the only experience you have had with it is through the equally as shitty trailers.
Making broad generalizations off a trailer then posting your ill-informed thread about a movie that was produced to fail seems ridiculous.
>>
>>94553408
I don't really want to see it because it seems like garbage. i'm just thinking, a movie that combines incompetent graphics with incompetent writing would be worse than this
>>
>>94553237
Suicide squad was worse imo. This wasn't even too much worse than the lego movie that gets circle jerked.
>>
>>94553440
Then why post when you, in multiple replies, have stated that the movie is garbage? If it's so bad that you are unwilling to waste the money and transport yourself to a theatre to see it, does it not refute your claim that it isn't the "worst thing ever?"
>>
>>94553555
No because there are bunch of movies i wouldn't pay to see, not just this one
>>
What I'm wondering about reactions regarding the film is:
>"If this film succeeds, Hollywood will get ideas!"
Really? How can you be so sure?
>>
>>94553565
Yes, because you are trying to talk away why you won't see it with half answers. You are full aware the movie is unadulterated flaming trash. Are there worse movies? Absolutely. But they have a lot more heart than this big budget war crime against cinema.
>>
>>94553586
Marvel succeeded, no everyone is trying to make a Cinematic Universe when 10 years ago it was something un-fucking-heard of that no one in their right mind would produce.

in fact, the general prevalence of Super Hero movies since X-Men and Spiderman were popular.

R-Rated superhero movies after dead pool was a success and the fact that not soon after Warner Brothers set up an R-Rated BvS as a response.

All of the crazy action movies like Aeon Flux and Ultraviolet in the 2000s because of The Matrix

Stupid amounts of slasher sequels in the 80s

I mean, now I'm just going down the line but Hollywood does that kind of shit all the time. That's their MO. do the things that that one guy took a risk with and was a success.
>>
>>94553692
There are equally heartless movies out there, i'm sure, that also have actual shit animation
>>
Will this fucking shitty tripfag that came over from reddit stop making shit threads and broadcasting his shit opinions? I fucking hope so
>>
File: 1492234480029s.jpg (3KB, 117x125px) Image search: [Google]
1492234480029s.jpg
3KB, 117x125px
>>94553237

It's not really the itself movie that's the problem, it's somewhat what the movie represents that really gets to people. It's kinda the epitome of the corporate film making world taking one of the most bland and cancerous but popular concepts of this decade into something that's a cash grab rather than something with true artistic merit. It was designed more to be an investment than a movie. Just because some people put effort into it doesn't make it less of what it is.

Worst thing ever? No.

But in my opinion it basically mirrors/summarizes a lot of the businesses decisions and the corporate mess the internet has become today.
>>
>>94553237
It's not Foodfight, but it is pretty much a waste of everybody's time and effort. Depends on which you think is worse, a movie that's intensely, memorably horrible, or a movie that just sits there being blah and vanishes from everyone's thoughts in a few weeks.
>>
>>94553724
Just to throw in another example, all the endless teen fantasy books in the 2000s after Harry Potter boomed. Narnia, Golden Compass, Eragon, most of which utterly failed.

Also in this decade, when everyone jumped into the "dystopian teen fiction" with Hunger Games (looking at Divergent and Maze Runner).
>>
>>94553783
As an animator working in a studio, I back up this statement 100%. Me and my fellows put our heart and effort into our animation, but no ammount of talent changes the fact the final product is utter and complete crap (the artwork and scripts aren't ours, so the lame viduals and storytelling doesn't fall on us).
>>
>>94553408
Fuck off, TJ Miller
>>
>>94553237
Hung out with a few people that worked on the movie at a bar
They came already buzzed and this was before it was even close to completion

The single thing these normies were so upset about was how little input they had
They gave the suits their portfolios and they were ordered to pump this shit out and those that faltered were replaced

They were terrified of the precedent they set and I have never seen sane men down that much tequila

They signed over an entire medium to it's death and they knew it
>>
>>94553237
No, it's not the worst, but it is clearly a cash-grab, meant to sell as many tickets whilst spending as little money as possible. I'm not gonna subscribe to it.
>>
>>94554069
>They signed over an entire medium to it's death and they knew it
That's a little too dramatic. The worst thing that can happen is Sony Animation studio gets shut down. Family friendly cartoon films are released every year and will keep getting made. There is a stable market for as long as parents want to have two hours of peace.
>>
>>94553237
Of course not, we just live in a hyperbole attention-whoring culture. If you say a movie is bad then people go on about their day, but if you say something is "the worst ever omg! It's the end times" then you get clicks, retweets and (You)s.
>>
>>94554132
Coulda fooled me by the way they were drinkin

And I say that as in, they knew they compromised the legitimacy of 3D toons for normies
>>
>>94553783
>>94553783
Reminder that we had a rubix cube and a powerglove movie in the 80s.
>>
>>94553818
Narnia predates HP by 50 years.
>>
>>94553237
>From what i've seen in the trailer

Maybe you should actually watch the full movie then, genius.
>>
>>94554239
what makes you think this doesn't deserve to bomb like those films did?
>>
>>94554285
What makes you think I claimed that in any way?
I'm just pointing out it's nothing new.
>>
>>94554239
Is the Power glove movie any good?
>>
>>94554341
It's so bad.
>>
File: 1494180732096.gif (1MB, 510x326px) Image search: [Google]
1494180732096.gif
1MB, 510x326px
>>94554379
>>
>>94553237
It promotes cancer. How hard is that to understand? Studios do not try and do anything creative. Animation is just another medium to make money with. Actually, animation will only be used to make money with. Successful sequels, and IPs based on existing properties are the only things that will be in theaters. Looking at Disney/Pixar, and other animating studios. Thisis the case.

American animation is now a soulless cash grab.
>>
>>94553237
Here is a copypasta from a Youtube comment that explains the massive hate for this movie:

The hate towards the emoji movie is less about the quality of the movie, (honestly there are much worse movies) and more of a reaction to the shitty movies that hollywood has been producking the last couple of years. I think that people are worried that the quality of movies are dropping so hard that people are finally becoming aware of the fact that movies are more important than they are.
Movies are a part of our culture, and if we let companies like Sony or Ilumination get away with making billions of dollars from shitty movies then the rest of the film industry will follow. This movie and several other big budget flops in the last two years are evedence to this.
>>
File: Depression.jpg (15KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
Depression.jpg
15KB, 600x400px
>>94555717
>if we let companies like Sony or Ilumination get away with making billions of dollars from shitty movies
This pasta is so true it hurts.

Universal trying to make a Dark Cinematic Universe that I did not know was a thing till like two weeks before The Mummy was released. Thank god that fucking thing bombed. Look at fucking Disney/MUHvel. Now every fucking capeflick needs to have quirky dialogue, and hipster soundtracks.

I would say fucking Disney/MUHvel was the worst fucking thing to happen to cinema sense the blacksplotation films from the 60s. Now everything needs to have a cinematic universe to be successful. Sony trying tyo force feed us a shitty Ghostbusters, and reboots Spiderman three times. I still refuse to watch that shit. Sad part is even if I refuse to see that shit, even for free. There are 10 other idiots that will go see this trash giving them money to make more.
>>
>>94555717
>Illumination
At the VERY LEST,Illumination make movies about original properties and not fucking emoticons or fidget spinners
t.a guy that think Minion bashing is disproportionated
>>
>>94553237
I'd say so, it's the first movie that's actually pissed me off while watching.
>>
>>94556189
I'm originally a 4chan poster though, i used this name in 4chan way before i made my reddit account
>>
>>94554273
Not on the silver screen you dunce
>>
>>94556199
Who are you?
>>
>>94556239
yes I am a sage
>>
>>94554273
>>94556208
Also a lot of things were changed round or bent over backwards in the Narnia movies to fit in with a potter-tier movie because CS Louey really didn't write any of his books in a way that could be translated well into movies. Barely any of them were epic adventure sagas with the battle of good vs evil riding on the line that was just like 2 of the 6 or so books.

Most of the books had different main characters and different adventure themes. Hell, Voyage of the Dawn Treader didn't even have any proper villains just some islands were meaner than others. Not every fantasy adventure book has to have a voldemort or a sauron but whoever made the movie was like "well we have to have someone so...... THE WITCH I GUESS" or something.

I'm too fucking old and this thread is shit
>>
>>94556236
I'm a tripcode user who posted mostly on /mu/
>>
>>94556762
No, I'm the real me, you're just a poor manifesatation of some loser's inner demons
>>
>>94556199
>>94556236
>>94556762
You forgot to take your tripcode off dumbass.
>>
I saw it thanks to putlocker

It felt like every scene or element to the movie was stolen out of a page of another western animated film and done in such a lazier fasion. You dont feel any emotion in this film it feels like the filmmakers didnt give a single shit about this project. All it feels like is horribly suttle product placements shoved in. With every character being one to two dimensional. There is little character development, this movie is garbage
>>
>>94557321
Who are you talking to?
>>
>>94557403
the only faggot with a trip code
>>
>>94555832
>Now everything needs to have a cinematic universe to be successful
You got that backwards. Every half-ass cinematic universe has failed, for the simple reason that it is hard.

The same way it isn't easy to make a superhero movie. If you think making films is easy, you are going to burn your investors.
>>
>>94553461
fuck off, both SS and TLM are good movies and TEM is the worst movie ever
>>
Of course the animation and voice acting are good, it's a movie made by a major studio. They have hundreds of talented animators and a lot of money. There is no way the movie is going to lack under that aspect.

The reason why this movie is so bad is its own existence.
It's a soulless, uninspired, bland and uncreative movie based on the simplest and most popular thing, with zero artistic value, made only to be a cash grab.
This is not even product placement, this is literally an 1-hour long advertise sold as a movie.
And at the end, they even put the moral "Express yourself".

You know in cartoons and comics, when you see the stereotypical Hollywood producers, obsessed with money, who consider normal people idiots and would make a movie about ANYTHING to take their money?
This is the movie they would create.
And they did it in real life.
And even now, people are try to defending it.
>>
>>94556208
Good thing the post said "books" then I guess.
>>
>>94553741
stfu, good animation doesn't equate to quality
>>
crazygaga? is that you?
>>
It's not the worst movie ever, it's just the combination of being painfully average and cringe that makes it so unpopular.
>>
>>94553237
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjObqNxcyig
>>
File: still sippin.png (75KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
still sippin.png
75KB, 800x600px
>>94557721
Compare this to the transformers franchise, whose entire existence is nothing but a commercial for kids to buy toys, with animators shovelling out shitty, poorly written episodes with 500+ animation errors and the only quality control is if the whims of the marketing department have been satisfied.

The 1980s transformers movie was the same as the emoji movie, a cashgrab to get kids to buy toys from the toy car robot fad before it all burned out.

But the big difference between Transformers and Emoji movie is that there was actual effort put in, there was a willingness to try new things (as well as get new toys advertised on the shelves). The transformers movie fucking established a legitimate villain, killed off a fair bunch of the fandoms favourite characters and established some literally whos in their place and even had its own (good) songs written.Transformers movie by no means perfect, a solid 5/10 movie if you like that shit and forget the middle arc exists, but its fun, it gives a lot of things for every idea and cliche it takes.

Concept art aside, all the Emoji movie did was take, it took the plot of inside out and wreck it ralph, it took app advertisements in place of making their own apps with their own worlds, it took popular songs and took an hour or so of people's time and gave them nothing to show for it except to complain how nothing it is.

tl;dr robot car toy cashgrab turned out to have more soul than emoji cashgrab, because there's actual shit to take in and think about even if none of it is meaningful in the real world. I'm tired.
>>
Dumb tripfag
>>
File: 1470712959319.gif (325KB, 370x330px) Image search: [Google]
1470712959319.gif
325KB, 370x330px
>>94553440
>this movie isn't that bad
>then go see it
>I don't wanna see that garbage
huh
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.