[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why does /co/ love or hate the Fantastic Four?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: The-Fantastic-Four-United-Family.jpg (224KB, 1400x700px) Image search: [Google]
The-Fantastic-Four-United-Family.jpg
224KB, 1400x700px
>>
File: Thing_v2_1_coverart.jpg (48KB, 250x378px) Image search: [Google]
Thing_v2_1_coverart.jpg
48KB, 250x378px
>>94548781

I love them because they're the first family of comics and actually really cemented down on the team being just that. A family. They bicker, have fights, play pranks and get on each others nerves but at the end of the day they would go to the ends of galaxy for each other in a heartbeat.
>>
I love it for the science. Very few other comics explored the kind of concepts and ideas that F4 did.
>>
>>94548781

I think they're alright but they definitely got a raw deal from Marvel. I would definitely read a comic about the Future Foundation discovering the Marvel multiverse but apparently America Chavez is more deserving of a title than Marvel's First Family.
>>
File: image.jpg (57KB, 236x342px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57KB, 236x342px
>>94548811
This and 102 issues and 7 annuals by the motherfucking King.
>>
Some of the best science fiction with moral quandaries and philosophy this side of Star Trek. So much of the best cosmic in the Marvel U is from them-- Galactus, the Negative Zone and Annihilus, Silver Surfer, Inhumans, the Watcher, Adam Warlock, etc.

The "family" aspect is part of it, but I don't think it's as big a deal as people say. That was something mostly expanded upon later. For the Kirby years they were just the closest of friends.
>>
I love the characters. Even in non-FF stuff it is cool to see Johnny Storm or double R pop up in other books.
>>
Sue is hot.
>>
>>94548781
I like Johnny as long as they keep him white and blond and hoy
>>
>>94549741
SUE IS NOT FOR SEXUAL THAT'S LIKE SEXUALIZING YOUR MOTHER
>>
>>94550519
Yes and?
>>
>>94548781
>>
>>94549096
Basically this. Marvel Cosmic wouldn't be where it is if not for them (kirby too). Some of the best books in marvel today are cosmic books. The latest Ultimates team is basically a F4 book without the family aspect.
>>
>>94551791
I know it's not the place but I need to vent. I don't like current Starlin cosmic. It's too philosophically preachy. I hate his Thanos becoming an anti hero instead of a villain nemesis for Warlock or Mar-vell or the surfer.

Also I don't get this celestial madonna bullshit with Englehart. What the fuck is the priest of pama and how is it connected with Libra. Wasn't he zodiac? ugh so many things wrong with marvel these days.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.