[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Slight scar or horribly disfigured?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 13

File: tumblr_static_drdoomhead.jpg (38KB, 600x414px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_static_drdoomhead.jpg
38KB, 600x414px
Slight scar or horribly disfigured?
>>
Slight scar that he can't handle leading to his horrible disfigurement.
>>
I prefer slight scar, because it is a problem that would resolve itself if Doom had anyone around that he trusted enough to tell him it wasn't that bad. He is his own undoing.

Doom's weakness is and always should be "so isolated that he fucks himself over". It's why he's the villain for a super family that pulls together despite their differences to save the day.
>>
Nicest person you will ever meet or twisted fucking psychopath?
>>
>>94538418
Teehee
>>
>>94538304
This
>>
>>94538261
slight scar that he couldn't handle so he horribly disfigured himself by putting a molten hot mask on
>>
Slight scar, no disfigurement. He's just too much of an autist to figure out that it's not an issue.
>>
>>94538304
>>94538515
That's so retarded though
>>
>>94538261
Slight scar. Total disfigurement adds nothing to the character. Hiding a slight scar with a full iron mask tells you Vic's whole character.
>>
>>94538669
Why, it's signifies the kind of melodramatic villain you're dealing with

He will spite himself over a minor inperfection
>>
>>94538261
All healed up, now.
>>
>>94538669
Well yeah. Doom is up his own ass about a minor thing because he can't possibly consider anyone's point of view besides his own.
>>
>>94538669
its in character for a man who calls himself doctor when he gave himself the doctorate
>>
>>94538261
Depend on the writer...
>>
>>94538669
No it isn't. Doom is so obsessed with leaving his frail imperfect human self behind that he would scar himself in the process of killing Victor and becoming DOOM.
>>
>>94538730
>>94538762
>>94538771
I can buy him hiding a scar like it's a disfigurement. I can't buy him being so retarded that he puts on a hot iron mask.
>>
Doom being extremely concerned about a small scar because of his pettiness is obviously the best choice.
>>
>>94538304
Yeah. I'm a fan of the combined stories where he has only a minor scar but dons the mask while it's scalding hot and almost completely burns his face off.
>>
File: RCO006_1495628422.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
RCO006_1495628422.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
>>94538771
Doctorates, plural. I'm willing to bet he made some Latverian University give honorary doctorates until he had more than Richards.
>>
File: cut myself shaving.jpg (161KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
cut myself shaving.jpg
161KB, 1280x720px
>>94538784
>>
>>94538856
He is kind of an enormous jackass tho.
>>
>>94539051
>kind of
>>
>>94538669
He's a mentally unstable perfectionist. As someone with perfectionist traits and a perfectionist father, I have personally witnessed "throwing the baby out with the bathwater" as a viable solution to simple problems.
>>
>>94538700
This or>>94539211
this
>>
>>94538669
It was a symbol of his failure, Doom cannot fail.
>>
>>94538856
It's possible he had a moment when the mask was drawing near where "I immediately regret this decision" flashed through bis mind. But he had already given the order for it to be placed on his face anf he already had told the monk voicing his concerns to STFU.
He couldn't say "Stop, guys, I realize the blacksmith had a point" - that would undermine his precious total authority.

Such is life as Victor.
>>
File: 3ec.gif (980KB, 500x238px) Image search: [Google]
3ec.gif
980KB, 500x238px
>>94538967
>That dialogue
>>
File: FF278D.png (2MB, 1164x1164px) Image search: [Google]
FF278D.png
2MB, 1164x1164px
he's been fully regenerated any number of times, but this is the definitive answer.
>>
i want to wear a mask like dr doom
:(
i understand such peacock feathers would just draw more attention to myself, but id be a lot happier in somewhat of a disguise in public. at least they arent seeing my body
>>
>>94538418
both, he's nice as long as you're following DOOM's rules. you fuck up and he'll turn on you quick tho
>>
>>94538261
Neither, it has to be a Doombot
>>
>>94538967
>Every year Reed mentions how many new degrees he's been awarded
>Every year Victor has Latveria U, home of the Fightin' DOOMS, award him more degrees
>Reed hasn't actually bothered to earn more degrees after his fifth one, he just wants to see how long it will take for Victor to catch on
>fifteen years and 43 degrees later, Vic still hasn't caught on
>next year Reed is going to claim to have written a children's book to spice things up
>>
>>94538261
Actually a doombot, Victor is long dead, only Doombots remain.
>>
>>94538261
Perfect face with one pockmark from the only pimple he ever got as a teen.
>>
>>94538304
I prefer slight scar but >>94538304 is a decent enough compromise
>>
>>94540666
Why is it bad, anon?
>>
>>94539249
On that note, tests indicate that genius parents are just as likely as regular parents to have 'average' children.
What would Doom's response be if his own child wasn't a mind nearly his equal? (Presumably they're still quite intelligent just because of the education Doom would insure his child would get)

Or... would Victor be far more likely to just clone himself and raise the result as his own son?

And this discounts Kristoff, I suppose.
>>
>>94539211
As someone without those traits, I have to ask: What kind of situation comes up that makes this seem like a viable solution?
>>
>>94538967
What is going on here?
>>
>>94542334
Bendis
>>
>>94542334
Anon. You're gay
>>
File: serveimage(11).jpg (323KB, 1200x1000px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage(11).jpg
323KB, 1200x1000px
My servants began to form what would be the most dreaded costume on the face of the earth. The last thing to fit was the mask, which would conform to my twisted features in comfort. And now I seek vengeance on the one who forced me to hide behind this dreaded mask.
DON'T MOVE, YOU FOOLS! Within my gauntlet is concealed a most effective weapon!
These hoes be askin' me if I'm you.
>>
File: Doom's scar.jpg (90KB, 400x554px) Image search: [Google]
Doom's scar.jpg
90KB, 400x554px
>>94538856
You underestimate just how autistic Doom is.

Even in the "disfiguring his face" department, even THEN Victor has to one-up Reed to feel superior.
>>
So how do you imagine Doom sounding like, for me it's Simon Templeman.
>>
>>94538261
Minor scar, mask-inflicted disfigurement.
>>
>>94539051
He's a jackass because he can't look past himself

Not because he's an idiot. He's touted Time and time again for being a complete evil genius. How can he be perceived as a threat when he is stupid enough to put on a mask while it's still hot?
>>
Got a minor scar and then the mask horribly ruined his face but since the scar was caused by Richards it's his fault
>>
>>94538378
This is the guy you should all be trying to be.

He gets it.
>>
>>94538261
Manly handsome boy with unfortunate badass scar.
>>
>>94540816
please call me a faggot so i stop fantasizing all day about what is essentially walking around as a supervillain in public in order to feel safe and anonymous
>>
File: asm350.jpg (205KB, 800x1141px) Image search: [Google]
asm350.jpg
205KB, 800x1141px
Erik Larsen says burned face and I agree.
It may have started off as a slight scar but he fucked himself up even worse after the fact.
>>
>>94541788
Heh. I like this.

>>94548230
I always love that kind of detail, seeing his scars under the mask like that.
>>
>>94538418
>>
>>94538261
It doesn't particularly matter, as long as the Dredd rule is followed of never showing his disfigured face.
>>
>>94538261
Slight scar that reminds him of his failure, causing him to hate himself so much, and sink into such despair, that he can't stand the sight of his own face..
>>
>>94538261
Kirby preferred slight scar, so that's what I'm going with.
>>
>>94538418
Both. He's that edgy teen from that picture, except he's actually as important as he thinks he is.
>>
>>94540742
Why would Professor X do this?
>>
>>94541788
>Doom makes a book out of children
>>
>>94538973
That's his self image in his mind being imposed onto reality.
>>
he doesn't have a slight scar, it's been confirmed that his face has been seriously burnt when we put on his mask when it was still hot
>>
>>94542216
Everyone's forgotten about Kristoff anyway. Has he even appeared post-secret wars?
>>
>>94538967
It's amazing how Bendis can make everyone sound the same, even when Doom has one of the most distinctive way of talking in the Marvel universe
Also, how are Doom fans taking this all new and all different direction with Doom?
>>
Never rea d a F4 or an Xmen comic
Please explain Doom to me
>>
>>94551048
Doom is the smartest man in the world and its rightful ruler who clearly knows whats best for humanity.

He is even a better sorcerer than Strange and a better scientist than Richards.
>>
>>94551048
He's the son of a gypsy witch who died when he was young.
As a teenager he was recognised as being a savant with technology and was invited to attend Empire State University. While there he attempted to build a machine which would transport him to the afterlife so he could raise his mother from the dead, but he made several errors in its contstruction. A fellow student named Reed Richards tried to correct his mistakes but Doom was so pissed that someone claimed to know more than him that he turned the machine on to prove he was right.
The machine blew up in his face, scarring him and he got kicked out of university. He then went trekking to Nepal to live with monks and study magic and they made him a metal mask to hide his face.
>>
>>94551048
He's in the top ten greatest scientists in the world, and the second greatest mage. But his massive ego and extreme pettiness keep him from doing the most with the talents he has.
>>
>>94551107
>>94551114
thanks
>>
>>94551114
This is more or less the size of it. Dr. Doom is a cross between Viktor Frankenstein and Vlad the Impaler with an insurmountable ego. Early on he was basically a lampoon of tin pot dictators and North Korean-esque double think. He would always go against Richards to prove he was smarter, an always lose, but always find a way to rationalize it as not his fault.

Later on he BECAME something more interesting as someone asked the question: What if, instead of being a self obsessed narcissistic meme, he was a COMPETENT self obsessed narcissistic meme.

Latveria, the small country he rules, now has universal health care, universal education, 100% employment, and a crime rate in the single digits. The cost of this is omnipresent surveillance and Doom's word being absolute law. These days Doom is more obsessed with ruling the World because only he has the VISION and WILL to save it, and the frightening and alluring thing is he may be right - at the very least his determination is so pure even God's have acknowledged it, and though he has never been "moral" he does have righteous goals. Latveria is also a refugee state where any can live in peace, so long as they never leave and obey dooms laws. One of the reasons I found God Emperor Doom leading pogroms against the mutants to be fucking stupid as hell, Doom isn't racist, all men and women are inferior before Doom.

Anyway the point of Doom is he's a narcissist, but he's frighteningly capable to back it up, and his balls are as limitless in size as his ego. Said ball power transforms itself to basically infinite will.

If he was in DC, he'd be a yellow lantern and cuck Sinestro out of his corps in a heartbeat.

Once, Doom burst into a random peasants home and demanded Droit de Seigneur (prima nocte, aka brides first night) from their daughter. Then, instead of raping her, he took her on a hunting trip and spent the whole time pontificating. His autism is weaponized.
>>
File: moralorel_cc_002_pt2-03.jpg (100KB, 1080x608px) Image search: [Google]
moralorel_cc_002_pt2-03.jpg
100KB, 1080x608px
>>94551192
>has no idea what that means and assumes it is a first night hunt
Goddamn he is pure
>>
>>94551225
Doom knows what every word in every language means, he simply has desires far more complex than the base chemical urges of lesser men
>>
>>94551107
>>94551107
>>94551154

Go fuck yourself doomfag. He has always lost to Richards time and time again. He isn't the best scientist in the world.

ALSO he isnt the rightful ruler. The panther god let him pass because Doom is egotistical to think he can create a world utopia under his dictatorship.
>>
OTP that should have stayed together

Wanda sure has a thing for metal...
>>
>>94551269
Go to bed, Reed
>>
>>94551279

>Implying Reed isn't banging Sue right now with his sizeshifting cock

Faggots its not my fault I have to correct you fuckwits. Seriously the doomwank has gotten to the point where it will exceed batwank among normies.

I am not going to let you fuckers ruin my favourite villain that way.
>>
File: What_If-_Secret_Wars_Vol_1_1.jpg (124KB, 399x600px) Image search: [Google]
What_If-_Secret_Wars_Vol_1_1.jpg
124KB, 399x600px
>>94551192

He did it in one of m favorite books. Sadly it was taken away in the end
>>
>>94538261
If Doom's so awesome why doesn't he get his face fixed? Surely someone could do it. Ask Reed.
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.