[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Justice League - Power Rangers #5 Storytime

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 138
Thread images: 29

After a long delay the next issue of this ridiculous but amazing crossover is out
>>
>>94534654
>>
>>94534670
>>
>>94534685
>>
>>94534709
Tommy looks terrible with that helmet
>>
>>94534736
>>
>>94534758
>>
>>94534736
>Red Hood hamlet
Nice
>>
>>94534783
>brainiac drones
>they don't have a Z stamped on the chest
>>
>>94534783
Oh yeah I forgot that Billy skewered Cyborg
>>
>>94534685
Dang, I was hoping the world leaders on the Power Rangers' Earth would be like "What the fuck? Wonder Woman is a comic character!"
>>
>>94534820
>>
>>94534850
>>
>>94534876
>>
>>94534903
Wait Brainiac has never met another artificial intelligence? That cannot be right.

Don't let him meet the Machine Empire
>>
>>94534934
>>
>>94534962
>>
>>94534988
>>
>>94535083
Man I don't remember the Rangers' weapons doing this much damage
>>
>>94535111
>Batman keeps the kryptonite
Never change Bruce
>>
>>94535141
>>
>>94535141
Bruce acting like an asshole is a universal consistent, good to know.
>>
>>94535163
>>
>>94535111
cause lining a costume with squibs takes less time and money than designing an alternate suit with severed limbs
>>
>>94535186
>Flash catches Zedd's bomb before it can grow the monster

Why did they never think of this before?
>>
>>94535213
>>
>>94535234
What. The. Fuck.

Anyway that's all for this month.
>>
>>94535264
Whoah!!! I never thought of this!! Now the Rangers have a new Zord, don't you think?
>>
>>94535288
no. at best he's as lame as the warrior wheel.
>>
>>94535264
Holy shit
>>
>>94535309

Alpha can be cool at times, I like how they made him know martial arts in the power rangers movie. Can't wait to see him kick some ass in the next issue.
>>
>>94534847
The Power Rangers didn't know who Batman is.

They must be more of a Marvel universe.
>>
...I can't get over the fact that they used their Dinozords in issue 1 or 2 when they're fighting Zedd and should be over to the Thunderzords. I'm sorry, I'm too much of a faggot.

...also when's the Legacy Shogun Megazord coming out?
>>
>>94535264
LOl. What even is this? God, I hate book, but I can't stop reading it. Thank you, OP
>>
>>94534654
I'll read it later
>>
>>94534654
Thanks for the storytime.
>>
>>94535141
>>94535179
Well it's partially him being an asshole and making sure he has the means to stop Clark.

And partially because Clark trusted him and only him with the Kryptonite and Bruce takes that responsibility seriously. He probably feels like no one else should have Krypronite except him (and he limits himself to a small stash).

Clark had accepted President Luthor having Kryptonite but Bruce was so against it that he stole it from the White house.
>>
>>94535517
You are right about it. The Power Rangers are more worthy for a crossover with the Avengers. Marvel Universe has a lot of giant monsters like Fin Fang Foom ("Monsters Unleashed") that Lord Zedd would have loved. Kid Kaijuu has his own Megazord, and there was another Megazord in USAvengers recently.
>>
>>94535264
thanks for the storytime OP.
>>
When does the regular power rangers comic update? Also how is it doing in sales, enough to keep it going for awhile? I really like it.
>>
>>94535264
This is so great.
>>
>>94535213
Fucking Flash, I love it
>>
>>94537082
It's a 6 issue mini
>>
>>94534934

I always wondered if someone would be able to put Brainiac on the spot about his consumption of knowledge by putting everything in a bottle.

And it was Alpha Five.
>>
>>94535213
NOT IN MAH HOUSE
>>
>>94537082
I know they just finished their big arc in their last issue. Don't know if they'll take a break before the next issue
>>
>>94535264
Well that's ridiculous. In a good way, I think.
>>
>>94536930
The best part would be when they see a sentinel fighting some mutants and join in, be a funny moment.
>>
>>94534934
>Thinking only of yourself isn't sentience.

When did Alpha Five become so based?
>>
>>94537638
I always viewed it as a computer glitch. (and i feel like i probably got that from a comic or cartoon.)
He knows it's impossible to know everything but he's compelled to try and know everything so he uses his hobby as a way to circumvent his programming.
>>
>>94538084
>robot
>confuses sentience with sapience
Base animals have sentience and are solitary, caring only for their own survival.
There are also social sentient animals that are still not thinking choosing beings.
So, never.
>>
>>94537627
The regular one? The one with the alt universe evil green ranger/white ranger combo dictator?
>>
>>94535111
They're used to fighting things that are somehow more durable
>>
>>94535141
>>94535179
>>94536893
Can someone on the league just kick Batman's ass? Just once on general principal?

Because its real scummy for a guy to claim to be your friend and ally and still carry around ways to kill you "just in case you ever go bad".
>>
>>94538794
Clark has literally told Bruce to keep kryptonite around just in case
>>
>>94535213
>Flash blocks the growth grenade

I really fucking love all the little perfect moments this crossover has.
>>
>>94535213
Love this page, this crossover is really based
>>
>>94538861
There's keeping a kryptonite ring and then there's also having ways to kill everyone else on the League and having a backdoor into Cyborg's systems (basically his soul) without telling him.

He needs someone to get him a talking down. Flash maybe.
>>
FUCKING FINALLY
>>
>>94538861
You act like Batman isn't doing the exact same thing to everyone else in the league. If anyone else turned out to be constantly planning ways to kill Batman they'd actually be in trouble.
>>
>>94535141
How does he even fit that piece in his belt?

It's obviously longer than the pocket
>>
File: Batdead.jpg (366KB, 583x900px) Image search: [Google]
Batdead.jpg
366KB, 583x900px
>>94539947
He's the only one without powers. It wouldn't be that hard
>>
>>94540102
That's not the point.
Consider how most people would react to discovering that a coworker or friend has spent months on end fantasizing about ways to beat and murder you.
>>
>>94540155
You mean Tower of Babel? Because that happened already. They got pissed and kicked him out the league. Also none of his plans are designed to kill

Batman was still right about the league being too powerful not to have countermeasures just in case. Doing it to your friends is still a dick move though
>>
>>94540155
>And I ask myself, should I tell the the bitter truth?
>>
>>94540329
>I know I typed the letter 'm' there, how light heartedly annoying
>>
>>94540266
Tower of Babel is worse due to Brother Eye and his lack of security for those plans means that if anything the Waller should be sending her goons in to kill Bruce Wayne as he's a greater threat to the security of the planet than any possible rogue JLA mind control plot.
>>
>>94535264
>>94535213
>>94534934
This comic has no right to be so entertaining
>>
>>94540266
>>94540393
>Bruce is a greater threat to the security of the planet.

He really is. So many writers (particularly the writers of Injustice) treat him like the safety net between superheros and humanity.

But he's the least socially adjusted. He's the one with the worst mental health. He's the paranoid, edgy one.

If anyone were to cross the line it would be Batman. If anyone were to pose a threat to humanity it would be Batman.

But so many writers paint Bruce as the League's non-powered babysitter.

Someone needs to take Bruce aside, Flash or Martian Manhunter or Wonder Woman and tell him to quit it with planning new ways to kill everybody alongside the giant spy satellites.

You know who I'd trust to take down the JLA if they went rogue? Not fucking Batman. I'd trust the JSA.

There's so many better ways to deal with the idea of the League going evil/mind controlled than "please keep a binder full of keikakus Bruce". JSA logically should be the first line of defense as they're arguably MORE powerful than the League and are crawling with enough magic guys to handle Superman.
>>
I almost forgot about this series. How long has it been?
>>
>>94540750
>Bruce goes into a big spiel about how contingencies need to be made against the League

>Barry has had enough and in an attosecond takes Bruce's utility belt and puts all the contents neatly on the table

>"Stop trying to bully us. Stop thinking of ways to hurt us. Stop thinking of ways to kill us."

>Clark tells Barry to chill

>"No. I'm sick and tired of us tolerating his bullshit just because he's the weak one. You ever wonder who WE worry about going bad Bruce? You ever wondered who I worry about going bad? It's not the happily married reporter with a wife and kid and dog. It's the guy whose entire social persona is a mask, the guy who spends all his time in his parent's basement, the guy with back up personalities in his head whose been exposed to every kind of psychoactive drug on the planet. And you know what my plan for dealing with him is Bruce? Punching him in the face before the first neuron in his perfect little brain fires"
>>
>>94540750
Illuminated comics made a good point about that recently. All that time spent on trying to figure out how to kill his friends could have easily been spent on figuring out ways to stop their actual enemies. Why the hell can't he devote some of that time to inventing something to catch the joker right after he leaves arkham? He can break out something that can be used to unleash WMD level destruction but never breaks out the same sort of stuff to sneak attack fucking Mogul or Brainiac?
>>
>>94534850
Batman is still the same paranoid asshole he's always been
>>
>>94534934
Burn!
>>
File: cap.png (458KB, 792x574px) Image search: [Google]
cap.png
458KB, 792x574px
>>94534962
>>
>>94541603
Remind me again? I know it's a GA line, I just can't remember what from.
>>
>>94535186
Billy has a girlfriend now
>>
>>94541323
>>94541071
"Hey Bruce, what's the plan for if Joker ever goes evil and starts killing people?"

I'd kill for someone to have the balls to have a character say that to Batman.

Batman is the one who has files on all his friends but he can't keep a guy in greasepaint from racking up a body count like a pinball score.
>>
>>94541323
>>94541071
>>94541947

Batman's plans for the League going rouge involves a level of cruel lethality. His Babel counter for Wonder Woman was to have her fight until she died for exhaustion. His counter for Aquaman was to drug him until he was scared of water and dehydrated to death.

His plan for Joker is to punch him and carry him back to his cell.

This is so fucked up I don't even know where to begin.
>>
>>94534736
>>94534962
>>94535163
Unless there someone else with a red helmet and flaming sword, Jason is borrowing Jason's headgear and All-Blade
Neat
>>
>>94542189
He's using Azrael's sword actually
>>
>>94534654
Thanks OP!
>>
>>94542270
My joke is ruined!
>>
man, this entire crossover has just been so boring.
>>
>>94534670
>an american city

"Are we sure? it sure looks japanese half the time."
>>
>>94542006
Your point kinda falls apart when you realize Batman can't just punch the league into submission like the Joker and the plans were modified to be lethal
>>
>>94543324
I'm not sure how making Aquaman afraid of water so that he's dangerously dehydrated isn't potentially lethal
>>
>>94543385
I mean, so is beating the shit out of people, but Batman pulls that off too
>>
>>94543324
I can't see how a few of them wouldn't have an element of lethality even in their unmodified forms.

The point is he's willing to use near-lethal force to stop the people who are supposed to be his best friends but he treats Joker with kid gloves.

Why doesn't he just take one of his tower of babel plans and modify it for use on Joker? Make Joker afraid of killing people. Trap Joker in a VR illusion.

Asking Bruce what's his plan for when the Joker killing people is the sickest burn anyone could give Batman because the answer is he has no plan that works. If he did Joker wouldn't be a continual threat.

And yet he's supposed to be the silver bullet to shut down and contain the world's strongest heroes.
>>
>>94535213
It's scenes like this and the one in issue two that really serves how onesided this is and that the power rangers is just extra baggage.
>>
>>94543487
>>94543385
>>94543471

>Superman is exposed to red K causing his skin to turn transparent, causing him to feel intense pain and overloading his natural solar absorption ability.

>Aquaman is made deathly afraid of water

>Flash is shot with a magic vibrating bullet which gives him light speed seizures

>Wonder Woman is trapped in a VR sim where she fights until exhaustion kills her

>Martian Manhunter's skin is transformed into magnesium so that he's constantly on fire and burning no matter what he does

The only way these plans had a "non lethal" version would be if Batman had a remote control to shut down the traps. And even then he's likely to kill a few of them with these traps. At the very least he's causing them intense pain and psychological damage, especially to poor Martian Manhunter.

>Joker is punched and given the best health care Arkham has to offer

Why doesn't Batman just shoot Joker with magic VR nanobots like Wonder Woman?
>>
>>94543487
He can dropkick the Joker whenever he wants to and dump him in a prison. He doesn't need Babel plans to do that. The plans were in case he actually had to fight a league member by himself.

Joker still going around doing shit is more a fault legal system if anything. That and the writers giving a guy with a no-kill code a villain with the ability to murder to an absurd degree and get away with it. Seriously, fuck whoever thought Joker should have a kill count that rivals a small town
>>
>>94543814
You'd think the families of everyone he's killed would just pool their money and hire Deathstroke or Deadshot to kill him by now.
>>
>>94543874
He should literally be at the top of every Hitman's list.
>>
>>94543901
Batman saves him at every time.
>>
File: 1500129093463.jpg (122KB, 750x929px) Image search: [Google]
1500129093463.jpg
122KB, 750x929px
>Superman: I've got this.
>Classic Superman theme kicks in.
>This is gonna be amazing...
>...fucking kryptonite.

Being a Superman fan is suffering. You'd think they dispensed this stuff on street corners in vending machines. I mean, it's not like there even being one or two chunks on earth, full stop, is streching it.

I mean, if anyone would have some, it would likely be Brainy, but it's the general 'find a way to stop Superman being Superman' plot element that always ends up being a green rock that rustles me.
>>
>>94534934
SAVAGE
>>
>>94541071
>the guy who spends all his time in his parent's basement

fucking hell that's thermonuclear
>>
>>94535517
They referenced Batman in Dino Thunder
(because Red's actor was related to '66 Alfred)
>>
>>94535264
Alpha just keeps being based
>>
>>94545061
There was also a scene in the original MMPR where Ernie (the fat guy who ran the juice bar/youth center) said something to the effect of "The Power Rangers are going to do for this city what Batman did for Gotham!".

So my head canon is that PR and DC are in the same multiverse.
>>
>>94534654
decent cover
>>
not a huge fan of this artist, but it works for this crossover
>>
>>94535264
UROTUROMAN ARUPHA
>>
>>94535111
What in the fuck?!
>>
>>94546340
Power Rangers don't have a No-Kill rule?

Except for Time Force
>>
>>94535264
PAGE OF THE FUCKING WEEK!
>>
>>94546391
SPD also "captured" their enemies.
It's kind of a theme for police seasons.
>>
>>94535264
This is awesome.
>>
>>94546430
>SPD also "captured" their enemies.
as opposed to Dekaranger where villains got the death sentence
>>
File: tumblr_ouexx48AXU1sx4r6bo1_1280.png (1MB, 850x1200px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ouexx48AXU1sx4r6bo1_1280.png
1MB, 850x1200px
Thoughts on Kamen Rider W manga?
>>
Thanks, OP.
>>
>>94540155
Batman doesn't kill, retard. All his plans are for stopping them only and they are all theoretical. Superman,ww and the other Leaguers don't think that way becuase they could stop Batman a thousand times easier than Bruce could. Batman planning for the worst is smart and all of the JL should do the same. Even more so after everything they been through.
>>
bumping for others
>>
>>94535264
I never knew I wanted this.
>>
>>94545061
>>94545123
>Conner's mention of Batman is the second reference to the character; the first was in "Happy Birthday, Zack". A reference to Superman (who like Batman is from DC Comics) is made later in "Drawn into Danger".
>>
>>94541071
Well written, Anon. You should write comics.
>>
>>94538861
There's that, but that one arc where he kept all the Kryptonite after he and Clark went to find and destroy it all seemed really scummy
>>
>>94541947
>and what's your plan if the Joker decides to go nuke a city? Locking him and sending apology checks to the families of the victims? Face it Bruce, you can't even keep your own son alive let alone protect a city
>>
>>94551020
Don't forget making his sidekick a good guy in charge of Brother Eye with all her past sins forgiven.
>>
>>94551020
When you compare Gotham to Metropolis, Star City, and Central City Batman looks REALLY bad.
>>
Wasn't there a story where Punisher goes after Joker?
>>
>>94535264
alpha has NO RIGHT to be this fucking based.
>>
>>94534654
When is Saban letting Boom do comics about a series other than MM? I want my fucking Krugger backstory comic.
>>
>>94547596
If you paid attention to everyone else you'd notice that even the modified Batman plans had no logical way to stop them from being lethal before modification. Do you also think that going "Oh, NoI wasn't planning on killing all of you, just a bunch of torturing and maiming." is going to make you look like less of a psychopath?
All of that planning would be nice if it was spent on stopping Brainiac, Mogul,Doomsday, or Joker before he nukes Metropolis too. Those seem like much worse worst case scenarios. All of the members have managed to get by mind control plots without Batman so it's not like he's the sole solution to anything and there are literally thousands of metahumans that can band together to fight. Finding ways to torture your teammates is not smart. What would have been smart is keeping track of people with mind control abilities/technology and developing counters to those instead.
>>
>>94551056
Gotham is a cursed shithole and all but on the other hand, He did have an actual working plan to eliminate all crime in Gotham that he was just sitting on for no reason.
>>
>>94551741
This.

If Bruce is smart enough to create magic vibration bullets that give Flash light speed seizures and nanites that turn Martian Manhunter's skin into magnesium (seriously Bruce what the actual fuck) then he's smart enough to find out how to make everyone mind-hack proof.

When Batman keeps his secret Bat-plans from his friends he looks less concerned with the world's safety and more with having the biggest dick in the room to compensate for his lack of powers.
>>
>>94551823
"Don't worry my Martian friend, if you're ever mind controlled by the enemy I'll SET YOU ON FIRE AND IT WON'T STOP NO MATTER WHAT YOU SHAPE CHANGE INTO OR EVEN IF YOU GET IN WATER BECAUSE THE NANITES HAVE CHEMICALLY TRANSFORMED YOUR SKIN.

It should pacify you and get you under control. If it doesn't kill you first. You'll also probably need some oreos and hugs afterwards what with fire triggering that PTSD you got when you felt your entire race burn to death.'

What? Just call the JSA if you get mind controlled? Sorry buddy, we got to be sure. Don't you know I got to keep you super powered types in check just in case."

What Bruce planned for J'onn was the equivalent of someone gang raping Bruce with the ghosts of his dead parents.
>>
>>94540155
It's worse that.
Imagine that, during the hours when your coworker is supposed to be doing his job, he instead thinks of ways to get you fired just in case.
>>
>>94535141
>tiny Ranger hands
>Fatman
>Zack is suddenly holding a pipe instead of his axe
>fat biceps
>wonky perspective
Man, the art got really shitty on this page in particular.
>>
>>94535213
Holy shit this is great
>>
>>94545039
It had just occurred to me that's technically true.
>>
>>94534709
Nice job bouncing that bullet into someone Diane.
>>
>>94535234
>I get that you don't have any friends, which is probably why you want to "keep" me.
When did the silly little robot get so much attitude? Is this Alpha 6?
>>
>>94551859
>was the equivalent of someone gang raping Bruce with the ghosts of his dead parents.
I'd buy that issue
>>
>>94535264
Alpha is a Zord now.
>>
File: Kamen America.png (494KB, 590x800px) Image search: [Google]
Kamen America.png
494KB, 590x800px
>>
File: Quadnoculars.jpg (12KB, 457x480px) Image search: [Google]
Quadnoculars.jpg
12KB, 457x480px
>>94535264
TOPKEK
Thread posts: 138
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.