[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people hate Bendis? Does he deserve it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: Brian_M_Bendis.jpg (68KB, 720x894px) Image search: [Google]
Brian_M_Bendis.jpg
68KB, 720x894px
Why do people hate Bendis? Does he deserve it?
>>
>>94530315
That's not him is it? And yes he does. That guy looks too tall and thin.

Why? He went beyond his ability and now just fucks thing up that people used to like.
>>
>>94530315
What is Zidane doing on /co/ ?
>>
>>94530376
>>94530315
the fat fuck wishes he looked like that only black.
>>
>>94530315
Yes, because rather than improving as a writer, he only manages to become lazier and lazier, yet feels very self-impressed by the select vocal few that compliment him. When he wants to be a good writer, though, I believe he can be. However, his talent is usually burried beneath his biases, lack of respect towards the audience, and typical laziness that comes with arrogance.

Other than that, he can be very, very good. His downfall is how he puts his needs first and, even if knowing it should not work, proceeds with certain choices anyway.
>>
I rate Zidane
>>
>>94530315
Bendis has won the last two Champions Leagues so he's been good so far
>>
File: keking connie.png (337KB, 526x602px) Image search: [Google]
keking connie.png
337KB, 526x602px
>>94530315
Bendis, more like Baldis.
>>
I see what you did there, you cheeky /sp/ shit.
>>
My original experience with Bendis was Avengers Disassembled. I'm a more traditional comics reader, and was loving the direction Avengers was taking previous to him taking over, under people like Johns and Austen. They were concentrating a bit on more minor avenger characters, and the interactions between characters was really nice.

Then for no reason, Bendis came right along and wrecked everything, killed a whole bunch of minor characters just to create drama and wrap up plot points, and ended the Avengers book period.

It never ever got back to the caliber it was before. I continued to try to read up until Civil War, then just considered the book ruined, and quit reading it.

Before this, Bendis had pretty much stuck to his little corner of the market, in Ultimate or MAX books I didn't care to read, so he wasn't really a concern of mine. But going forward, he was given more and more main book titles, and every story arc he wrote ruined the books for me, and I quit buying them. All his stories were normally the same: not character driven, but fueled by some kind of real world issue, which I read comics to mostly escape from. And he'd kill off many characters that I cared about, just because, to create headlines and drama. He further changed characters I liked as well (Iceman was suddenly gay), but that was long after I dropped the books and pretty much quit reading comics in general.

Now years later, I almost consider him to have ruined the entire company. Everyone who does write for Marvel seems to copy his style. I am aware character development does happen, but I enjoy character development to occur as part of a character-driven story, not because it's what is in the news or making headlines or making hits on your webpage. I've given Bendis books more chances, but his writing style and nonescapable big blocks of writing on one book eventually leaves me to drop it every single time. He's just not a good writer. That's the bottom line.
>>
File: mourinho_mobile_top.jpg (74KB, 750x352px) Image search: [Google]
mourinho_mobile_top.jpg
74KB, 750x352px
EXPOSED
>>
>>94531180
He even ruins comics like Nailbiter for me, which I enjoyed until he was suddenly showing up as a character in the book. It's just pitiful. From that issue on, I couldn't take Nailbiter seriously at all, the one saving grace is if he would have been killed by a serial killer...just because.

Anyway, I can't really think of any good things coming from Bendis, other than he sort-of created the timeshifted X-men, which I enjoy reading about. Never read the Bendis run other than a couple issues though, but they were nicely developed under Hopeless, which is an excellent writer. I enjoy the X-men Blue book somewhat too, and the Jean Grey book is guest star central but is at least incredibly well-written.

And that's why people hate Bendis. He's taken something we enjoy and we love away. And he continues to do so. Everyone has pretty much given up on the matter at this point, and when they start seeing the name Bendis on their books, it's into the drop zone with them again.
>>
File: footballers.png (297KB, 406x586px) Image search: [Google]
footballers.png
297KB, 406x586px
>>94531237
And also, he couldn't kick a goal if his life depended on it. Fuck Bendis up his ass.
>>
>>94530315
I use to love his work and I still love his old work. But ever since the "heroic age" era of Marvel his work has been shit.
>>
>>94530315
>Plans to sell Gareth Bale
How did Bendis get away with this?
>>
>>94530315
That's Grant Morrison you stupid fucking casual
>>
>>94531431
What? Why? He basically already has a dream team. Though one can argue that his team got quite decompressed.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.