[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Dracula the only Balkan "Hero" in Marvel?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

Inspired by yesterday's Eastern-European thread, I decided to take a look into the wikia, and honestly, Vlad's the only true Balkan protagonist.

>inb4 villain
He's the only one with his own ongoing, "Tombof Dracula". Everyone else, like Baron Mordo is just an antagonist, never a protagonist.

>inb4 Doom, Wanda,Pietro
Gypsies. They don't count. I guess Ultimate Doom could count, in a way.

>inb4 Werewolf by Night.
I just want a Marvel Draculathread, and the title is catchier than "Marvel's Dracula Thread".

Also, ToD was the shit. Marvel's 70s Horror was really solid in general. Dunno why it'sso shit nowadays.
>>
Horror stopped being a popular genre, so less talent is interested, less creativity is invested, and ultimately less sales are... transacted
>>
>>94526632
Vertigo's stuff were still great throughout the 90s.Marvel just dropped horror/supernatural/magic completely.
>>
>>94526589
What about Silver Sable? Symkaria is right next to latveria on the Balkan Peninsula.
>>
>>94526589
Tomb of Dracula was pretty fun but it ended up being a meandering mess and perfect example of why Marvel's writer/editor thing was just a bad idea in general, speak nothing of the money scam
>>
>>94526589
Most recent stories with Marvel Dracula in them are fun just because of how stupidly ridiculous most of them are. My personal favorite was that arc where he tried to take over England from his base on the moon. Maybe it's just because it's Dracula and it's funny to picture most of his stories, "Yeah remember that one time Dracula literally slapped the shit out of Silver Surfer? I think it was before he had a lightning fight with Thor"

I do hate how he looks like a Final Fantasy villain right now though.
>>
>>94527493
...Thots don't count...

>>94527618
But when it was good, it was gooood.

>>94527789
I like the armor, I just don't like the hairstyle.
>>
File: 1497907186166.jpg (4MB, 3975x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1497907186166.jpg
4MB, 3975x3056px
>>94526589
Remember when he was in Spiderman/Deadpool?
>>94527789
> that arc where he tried to take over England from his base on the moon
Wasn't that in Dr. McNinja?
>>
>>94526589
They've got some big name horror writers (Wrath James White, Brian Keene and Edward Lee to do DC's Halloween thing this year and it looks like it may spin into something longer scaled.

Not Marvel but those guys do write big horror.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUrUaiCam3A
Edward Lee's the Bighead trailer.
>>
>>94526589

Should I as a bosnian go to Twitter and cry about how underrepresented Balkan heroes are? I feel like acting like a black person and saying Marvel is racist as fuck and disrespectful toward my home country
>>
>>94527942
>Wasn't that in Dr. McNinja?

No, that was the last arc of Captain Britain and MI-13.
>>
>>94528014
Ha! You're deluded if you think you'll get anywhere.You're FUCKING WHITE, you already have represenation.

Just last week I brought up the fact that making all Balkan heroes gypsies was insulting to the natives, and I got lectured by a guy from San Diego. SAN DIEGO!

I've tried it before, anyway.I've gone in threads aimed at diversity and pointed that problem, and I either got told off (why do you hate the gypsies) or nobody gave a damn and proceeded to talk about how they need to out Rogers as gay.
>>
>>94527942
Marvel Drac did it when he fought MI-13
>>
>>94528014
Yes, especially because Bosnia has a high population of Muslims, so you can also say they're being Islamophobic.

Just go whole-hog on this shit.
>>
>>94526589
Baron Mordo used to be a good guy.
>>
>>94528062
...When? Since his inception he's been a Doctor Strange antagonist. He was "redeemed"and went to Heaven during the end of"Sorcerer Supreme", but now there's an evil, time displaced Mordo running around.
>>
>>94528044

I was just kidding. Only americans need that shitty diversity and representation crap

I actually grew up in Germany and always felt represented by any hero who looked and acted in a cool way (Superman, Batman, Spider-Man). Even if I'm catholic, I never gave a fuck about heroes' nationalities, races, or religions. They're literally made up so who gives a shit about anything other than what the characters do and the overall stories?
>>
>>94528986
Are you not bothered by the fact that most Germans are Nazis, and that most Balkans (except one or two D-Listers) are either gypsies or villains? I'm pretty irked.I used to love Doom, but now I fucking hate him.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.