[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mission Hill

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: hqdefault.jpg (24KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
24KB, 480x360px
Finally got around to watching Mission Hill, and it seems like the last six episodes before the show's cancellation were exponentially better than each other. The characters were starting to really come into their own and the writing was hilarious. It made great use of being a cartoon without losing realism.

Why was this taken from us? This shit is gold. I want more.
>>
>>94524106
There's rough storyboards and audio for the remaining two episodes out there.
>>
>>94524106
the executives at WB are idiots. I forget their specific reason, but I know the UPN guys canceled home movies due to it 'not being another simpsons, which is what they wanted'
mission hill is in every way another simpsons, so I dunno what WB was smoking
UPN would later (earlier?) greenlight dilbert of all shows, and then air it back to back with homeboys from outer space, so.. yeah. local channels are kind of shit.

oh i looked it up. apparently it got shit ratings. so there you go. Guarantee it was the execs' fault though. probably a bad timeslot
>>
>>94524881
Ellipses are three dots.
>>
>>94524881
yeah it got popular on adult swim. As did Home Movies, and The Oblongs. It was weird how back in the early 2000s we had all these decent adult shows that weren't just full nudity drugs, and swearing. Maybe with TBS getting those 3 new shows things will turn out good.
>>
I think the biggest shame is that a revival simply wouldn't work. The show is such a window into the time it was made that it can't be recaptured. They could do their best to make it feel as 1999 as possible but it wouldn't be the same.
>>
>>94525787
Yeah most adult cartoons are just TV-MA edgefests now
>>
>>94525833
https://youtu.be/NBoXaYHs7IM

Yeah very of its time
>>
>>94524881
>probably a bad timeslot
Bad timeslot and minimal advertising.
>>
>>94525894

I was too young to appreciate it at the time, but I grew up watching these adult
cartoons that weren't especially crass or edgy, just regular ol' good; Home Movies,
Mission Hill, Harvey Birdman, a whole lot of the original Adult Swim programming was
just a positive, alternative, independent spin on mainstream sitcom writing that got
absorbed into stoner culture and ate itself into unrecognizable esoterica.
I mean, that kind of thing has its place (12 Oz Mouse comes to mind), but, goddamn
Mission Hill was great.
>>
>>94525833
It could pull a Rocko and show us what they're doing 2 decades later.
>>
>>94525975
True, but it's still be a very different show
>>
>>94525980
Rocko looks like it's going to be different, but still good.
>>
>>94525935
Same thing happened to Home Movies. I don't think you can even find the promos on youtube. They apparently put out a bunch of bus ads in Boston, Brendon's hometown. There was also an ad in the New York Times some guy on the adult swim subreddit found that prominently displays Jason picking his nose.
>>
>>94525924
That My Own Worst Enemy in the background instantly anchors it to the early 2000s
>>
>>94526018
99 lol. The summer MH aired was the summer that song was a huge hit.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.