[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

He's a company man but what decisions at Marvel do you think

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

File: Brevoort.jpg (12KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
Brevoort.jpg
12KB, 300x168px
He's a company man but what decisions at Marvel do you think he personally thinks are dumb?
>>
Is that Dobson?
>>
>>94518984
any suggestion that Bob Harras should ever come back
>>
>>94518984
Pandering to readers? Not having bendis write everything?
>>
>>94518984
He makes the dumb decisions.
>>
>>94518984
Probably most everything. He's just waiting for his golden parachute.
>>
>>94518984
It was pointed out to Brevoort that controversy eventually causes apathy, which he disputed.

As we can see from the plummeting sales, Brevoort is totally right, and pissing people off over and over does not at all create apathy.
>>
Brevoort is just out of his depth. He's not a bad person, he just doesn't know what to do as an executive editor.
His career before being promoted was excellent. He made some great comics and provided good qualities products to the public.
>>
>>94519934

We can keep hoping and dreaming that Disney execs will clean house and fire Marvel's entire editorial team for the damage they've done.
>>
>>94519994
>As we can see from the plummeting sales, Brevoort is totally right, and pissing people off over and over does not at all create apathy.

Brevoort has ALWAYS been that guy. He started smaller, deliberately angering a sub-section of Avengers fandom with a "Vision gets cucked" storyline, that was intended to make fans angry and in doing so keep them reading.

From there he's escalated to years of sustained hero vs hero events that always made readers angry, and replacing virtually every classic Silver Age hero, plus more heroes getting cucked, from Black Bolt to Cyclops.

This man is using his position to make Marvel readers miserable, and has been doing it for almost 20 years.
>>
He likely despises the decision to bring Rich Rider back and is actively doing all he can right now to ensure he doesn't show up again any time soon, citing the Loveness run's low sales and proof that no one wants to see him.
>>
>>94519994
>the plummeting sales

you... really need to look at the actual sales figures, not just Rich Johnston's fanfic
>>
>>94520701
We all know how the numbers work, anon. Stop embarrassing yourself.
>>
>>94520693
I highly doubt he's that invested. He seemed more annoyed by hardcore Dick Riders who kept bothering him about it than the character himself.
>>
>>94518984
He's part of the problem. His entire philosophy is "Schock value and pissing people off is the best method." He encourages awful twists over quality, which only gains more money in the short run. He treats readers like shit whenever he responds to them, and treats fans like they don't deserve anything decent.
>>
>>94520693

This is one more reason Brevoort is awful. Yes, his interacting with fans via social media opens him up to some of the worst, most entitled elements of fandom, but it's his choice to do that.

He could just do like other senior Marvel editors have done, and have a regular column at somewhere like CBR, and answer some hand-picked softball questions, the worst he'd have to deal with would be this week's special snowflake who wants a character to represent him.

But he chose this instead, and he uses it to insult and belittle fans who just want Marvel to use the characters they like.
>>
>>94520693
I think Loeb was more upset than Brevoort, plus he can't pin the blame on Rich when Sam's effect on numbers is undeniable
>>
>>94521014
I was talking with a guy today about Marvel, and one thing we talked about was how everyone at Marvel either needs to get off social media altogether or get a manager for social media.
Most of the time, all these guys use Twitter for is a way to lash out at fans.
>>
>>94520042
This, he was one of the people who pulled for Cosmic Marvel to happen.

Alonso becoming EiC is what fucked up Marvel, Quesada was shit and he made some terribly shit decisions (OMD being one of the biggest turds) but he wouldn't have fallen to the SJW craze.

>>94520693
That's more on Loeb and whoever allowed him to make his Nova OC, they tried to push Sam and everyone in Marvel defended him but once the character wasn't selling that's when they brought back Rich (and then they both didn't sell together).

Brevoort was one of the people involved with making Giffen-DnA Cosmic Marvel happen (and this article talks about the Cosmic side)

>http://www.multiversitycomics.com/interviews/the-secret-origins-of-2008s-guardians-of-the-galaxy-revealed-with-editor-bill-rosemann-interview/

So I feel like his dickishness was him justifying Marvel's decisions

Now Wacker I can believe he despises the decision to bring back Rich (which if you noticed happened once he left), he was the guy in charge of Cosmic after DnA left and he let Loeb make his own Nova, and promotes Loeb's character in his cartoon.

Even Duggan said in an interview that he was happy to bring Rich back to his GotG run because Rich was unavailable when he was writing Nova with Sam.
>>
>>94521574
>(and this article talks about the Cosmic side)
Errr I meant the Guardians side
>>
>>94521574
>but once the character wasn't selling that's when they brought back Rich
Sam wasn't selling since the beginning, and it took half a decade to bring Rich back. I'm not sure what the decision was to bring him back, but Sam's poor sales wasn't it.
I actually think it was how well Wally coming back was received
>>
>>94519855
Bendis?
>>
>>94521711
Yeah I guess I meant to say that it was the third time his series got relaunched and he wasn't selling.

They were probably tired of him not selling that well and decided to fuck it and try to do a Rich and Sam comic, then they just scraped the whole thing, Sam got sent to Champions and Duggan picked up Rich.
>>
>>94522711
I really wish Rich had gotten to go Ultimates instead, but at least he gets to have some presence in Marvel and Sam isn't tagging along with him
>>
Well the fact that this is the sort of thread that used to get like 500 replies sure shows how much of a fuck everyone gives about The house that Tom trashed.
>Amused sage
>>
>>94522688
Yeah, Bendis.
>>
>>94518984
The decision to rock that fadora.
>>
>>94525159

Bendis, the writer?
>>
>>94518984
The Fantastic Four situation. He obviously won't say it outright, though.
>>
>>94520701
No one believes you anymore.
>>
>>94526603
The writer, Bendis. As in Brian Michael?
>>
>>94520693
good
Dickfags, for Grayson or Rider, are just faggots
>>
>>94518984
At this point probably the company-wide suicide ban.
>>
>>94526634
Brian Michael Bendis? He's a writer? What does he write?
>>
File: a change is in order.jpg (132KB, 1024x366px) Image search: [Google]
a change is in order.jpg
132KB, 1024x366px
>>94518984
His day is coming...
>>
>>94526637
No anon, it is you who is the faggot.
>>
>>94520693

Rich had nothing to do with Loveness Nova's failure. Sam kills books because there's a rabid "NINO" hatedom revolved around him and people refuse to buy/read books with him in it, no matter how he's portrayed.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.