[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you ever had to explain a canon to someone?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 10

File: JusticeLeague.jpg (2MB, 2670x1421px) Image search: [Google]
JusticeLeague.jpg
2MB, 2670x1421px
because it fucking sucks
>>
>it's like mythology, there are lots of different versions of these characters and stories, and only some of them connect to one another

It's not that hard if you're not autistic.
>>
>>94518787
Have you ever tried to explain to an Arrow fan who is convinced Arrow will appear in a justice league movie?
>>
Nigg, I've had to explain DC and Marvel aren't the same thing. My sister watched the Avengers and asked me why Arrow looked so different.
>>
>>94518683
>Its the main story
>Others are either fan fiction or alternative interpretations of the main story
such hard much normies
>>
>>94518818
>tv and movies especially don't tend to cross over

If they're still arguing at this point then let them think whatever they want, they're being obtuse.
>>
>>94518818
Just say its like different versions of King Arthur, or Robin Hood.
>>
>>94518683
It's not hard.
>>94518818
Like this. Just tell them Arrow sucks and stop watching shit. Simple to answer.
>>
>even Joss Whedon thought the OP image was a possibility
>>
File: 1498276391311.jpg (319KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1498276391311.jpg
319KB, 1920x1080px
>>94518826
Nigga, a few loud obnoxious autists thought Hellboy was at the end of Avengers
>>
>>94518683

I had to explain the plot of Evangelion to a family member once.

Which was complicated by the fact that a friend of mine spoke up first and said "its a fucked up show about a kid piloting his mom but she's a robot" so I couldn't just give a simple non-answer. No, I had to explain things in detail to clear things up.
>>
>>94518826
>>94518980
Negro, I work in a book store and at least once a week have to tell full grown adults what the difference between fiction and non-fiction is
>>
>>94519021
Could be worse. You could be a biology teacher trying to argue with her students about they're only being two genders.
>>
>>94519060
10-15 years ago you'd be arguing with your students over whether evolution should be banned for oppressing their religious beliefs.
>>
I explained the canon of Sandman to my GF by first telling her about how Superman can throw planets.
>>
>>94519097
Actually, 10 to 15 years ago I was wanking off in my room to anime titties.
>>
>>94518683
My friend once ask me about LoSH. 15 minutes in, he regretted that.
>>
>>94519125
Is English not your first language? Do you not understand the grammar used in the post?
>>
>>94519060

If you were a biology teacher, you should be arguing that there are two SEXES. Gender is psychological/cultural, and thus beyond your purview as a biology teacher.
>>
>>94519165
just a joke, ya mongrel
>>
>>94519198
There was no humor to your post.
>>
>>94519125

...for the whole five years?
>>
>>94519097
Where the fuck do you live that 10 years ago evolution was being religiously challenged?
>>
>>94519060
Being trans is not some scientific thing, its a special thing you feel.

More importantly trans people should never be pressured or even have to reveal that they are trans to an SO. Stop being so backwards
>>
>>94519221
I was wanking off to anime titties. how is that not comedic GAWDDDDD
>>
>>94519230
Back in the early 2000's from personal experience I was a highschool student in Alabama where on a biology exam there was an essay question simply asking explain how evolution works and several students refused to answer because of religion and then complained loudly about failing the test for not answering it.
And for not personal in across the country news in early 2000's 10-15 there was also national news about court cases in Kansas trying to block teaching evolution. Where you not alive 10-15 years ago?
>>
File: 1502199156947.jpg (34KB, 519x519px) Image search: [Google]
1502199156947.jpg
34KB, 519x519px
>>94519223
Well I live on my own now, but I'm still wanking off to anime tiddies. Maybe 5 years was too small.

>>94519316
15 years ago I was 9.
>>
>>94519281
If this isn't bait, don't you think not being forward is manipulative?
>>
>>94518683
Not only have I explained early Stan Lee era X-Men canon, I've explained the Cyclops family tree before.
Those are some sad bragging rights.
Explaining why Captain America is a green Nazi now just doesn't hold a candle to that.
>>
>>94519345
>15 years ago I was 9.
Well now you can understand how your libtard students got so insufferable. Conservitards years ago were insufferable to the point of trying to ban evolution cause religious persecution that libs got annoyed and pushed far into libtard territory of not wanting to bother dealing with the other side any more leading the other side annoyed to the point of not wanting to deal with them.
>>
File: al.jpg (34KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
al.jpg
34KB, 800x600px
>>94518683
>that image
BUT SUPERMAN DIED IN BATMAN V SUPERMAN

seriously why did they kill off superman if they spoil the thing in their god damn promotional material
>>
>>94518818
Why the fuck wouldn't he?
>>
>>94519281
Not even that.
It's a documented brain ailment that should have been acknowledged as an intersex condition a decade ago, when the brain differences of transfolk were discovered by neurologists.
In sensations that shit is more closely related to a combination of phantom leg syndrome and alien leg syndrome, only obviously with a different focus, than is "a feeling".
Asshats these days think they're victimized by someone else being outed, I will never understand why those same asshats always demand universal disclosure.

The whole thing is a prime example of how people turn their brains off whenever there's something important to someone else being discussed ...
... which brings us right back to the thread topic: because THAT is what makes explaining canon impossible.
>>
File: Batgirl Reading 02.jpg (1MB, 2102x2400px) Image search: [Google]
Batgirl Reading 02.jpg
1MB, 2102x2400px
I love it. Especially when I get to talk about Dredd's super loose early canon, or Jonah Hex's sense of history. But the one I always remember was back when my brother and I were working at the same company on different departments, and we'd use the company chat to ask questions and dick around on slow days. The one day, a message window pops up and it's my brother asking:
>"Yo bro, you know anything about an asian Batgirl?"
I thought about it for a minute and answered
>"I'll tell you when we clock out."
And that's how I spent a half hour bus ride explaining Cassandra Cain (and her much, much cooler mom) to my brother.
>>
>>94519428
(not them)
Anon, there's no actual social pressure to universally accept others with fanatical zeal.
That's just some bullshit white NeoNazi ultraconservative special persecuted snowflake meme propaganda.
If you're creeped out by genderbending just admit it makes you uncomfortable and own it, no sane minority group wants to push themselves on a possible bigot hate-criminal.
That'll end the interaction and you can go on with your life.
See how much easier that will be than making some big whine-fest out of it?
>>
>>94520096
Are you trans?
>>
>>94519194
THIS! There are infinite genders right now (waiting for Crisis on Infinite Genders to put it back at 2)
>>
>>94519869
Death-of-Superman was one of the few truly film-worthy dramatic combat scenes in all of Superman comics.
They're trying to pigeonhole in as much worthy material as they can into the movie to sell the fans on buying the next ticket.
They obviously haven't scripted this beyond the next movie's brainstorming.
>>
File: 1497740930869.gif (2MB, 245x207px) Image search: [Google]
1497740930869.gif
2MB, 245x207px
>>94520156
oh jesus that made me laugh
>>
>>94519194
its funny how some people these days like to differentiate gender and sex nowadays when they really just were synonyms originally
>>
>>94519021
Crioulo, I had to bibbity babbity boo
>>
>>94519869
They spoilt his return at the end of that same movie tard.
>>
>>94519194
That's too simplistic, there are other sex configurations besides XX and XY.
>>
File: super busy.jpg (25KB, 276x298px) Image search: [Google]
super busy.jpg
25KB, 276x298px
>>94520179
didn't know it was based of a comic. sorry im just visiting from /f/. was wonder woman in the comic too? batman v superman got really bad as soon as wonder woman appeared
>>
>>94520234
they moved the dirt on his grave a little to make the audience ask questions, if that's what you mean
>>
>>94518683
I think it's fun. It's always funny to try and explain the convoluted bullshit in comics. I always have to handwave shit away by just telling them "comics are weird sometimes".
>>
>>94519428
Having sex with someone who is trans without knowing it should, ideally, be acceptable. To think its any iota different is transphobic because it assumes your status is damaged in some way
>>
>>94518856
>obtuse
okay, I'm not sure if it's just you or a few of you faggots but I pray you don't use this term in public. It's fucking insufferable. people likely make fun of you, if so.
>>
>>94520429
only reason someone still use "obtuse" is because of the shawshank redemption movie
>>
>>94520429
Yes anon, it's just one person who uses that word you don't understand, and not you continuously running afoul of your own lack of literary comprehension.
>>
>>94518683
>canon
canon stories, terrible or great as they may be, are generally part of a larger context. unless the writer is a hack. other stories are just for funsies.
>>
File: 1500456201132.jpg (2MB, 3000x1966px) Image search: [Google]
1500456201132.jpg
2MB, 3000x1966px
I'd like to apologize to the group for setting the trans fella/sheela off on a tangent.
>>
>>94520527
i understand it perfectly well you smarmy faggot I simply think it's fucking insufferable. You're speaking english not some fucking hidden language of the oh-so-enlightened. Judging by your fucking response I think its pretty indicative of you just being an insufferable cunt overall.

So I think it's pretty clear you do, indeed, say 'obtuse' in real life. In which case, people very likely do laugh at you when you aren't in the room. Maybe even when you are.
>>
File: 1485600948126.png (7KB, 493x402px) Image search: [Google]
1485600948126.png
7KB, 493x402px
>>94520622
Yeah yeah, and judging by your response you must throw autistic tantrums in real life too right? Are you done?
>>
>>94518787
Most people are not into mythology and don't understand there are multiple versions; it would be difficult explaining that too. Normies are just boring people.
>>
>>94519869
They revealed he was coming back at the end of the film.
>>
>>94520895
Sounds like you're hanging around idiots instead of normies. I mean you don't have to be into mythology to understand that stories are constantly retold. That's like a basic human thing.
>>
>>94520713
No I'm not. I was too busy autistically reeing at the suggestion that someone was smarter than me that I missed the fact that you said

>continuously running afoul of your own lack of literary comprehension.
>own lack of literary comprehension
>literary comprehension
>literary

that's just pure ass-speak, m'lad. Insufferably stinky, diarrhea-tier shit talk, pulled directly from the depths of your, assumedly, cock-ravaged bowl.

>Literary

I'm in stitches.
>>
>>94520271
Seems like a reveal of coming back to me.
>>
>>94520956
Reminder that Joss Whedon was upset that grant gustin isn't the flash in the DCEU even though it very obviously was never canon
>>
>>94520210
Have you ever read about the dude who started the sex!=gender thing? Dude was a fucking wackjob.
>>
>>94520253
Death of superman was just superman vs doomsday. Batman and ww had nothing to do with it. The movie was trying to blend multiple comic stories into one story
>>
>>94520271
no that's called a call-back anon. It was just like when he was flying for the first time in MoS and the pebbles started floating around his fist.
>>
>>94520956
Anon, normies are idiots
>>
>>94521103
Nah, you don't give em enough credit. But that's just my filthy cyborg opinion.
>>
>>94518683
Speak for yourself, I love explaining shit to anyone who actually wants to listen.
>>
>No one notices the OP image
>>
>>94520205
Th-thanks...
>>
File: image.jpg (630KB, 1500x1130px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
630KB, 1500x1130px
>>94521184
Well, it was the point of the thread.
>>
>tfw you're not socially autistic and successfully explained to your 10 year old brother why the X-Men and Tobey Spider-man won't be appearing in the MCU
He even has a concept of the MCU and how rights are cockblocking the X-Men and Fantastic Four from appearing in the Marvel movies.
>>
>>94523069
You did mention it's D*sney's autism and greed ruining everything, right? Otherwise you've done a poor job of explaining the facts of the matter.
>>
What if Superman Returns took place in the Nolan Batman universe instead?
>>
>>94518683

I once gave the bare bones version of the GL emotional spectrum corps to a friend when I had to explain my Black Lantern T-shirt. By the time I got to the part where Red Lanterns puke blood he was rolling his eyes.
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.