[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

>>
>>94513389
I wonder if he fucked the dress afterwards.
>>
She had a funny shaped head so it's not that sad
>>
"Without aku, i would have never existed"

I TURNED MYSELF INTO EXPOSITION MORTY
BOOM BIG REVEAL
>>
>the Scotsman died for this
>>
>>94513389
i'm still in awe that jack could be so naive to think that ashi would live.

in half a goddamn century in the future, he never once thought about how changing the past might have a few consequences? total bullshit.
>>
>>94513389
You can't have a cake and eat it.
>>
>>94513389
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euo98i4vuaU
>>
Man, the ending of Gurren Lagann was sad.
>>
Oh my goodness gracious me and a bucket of jelly doughnuts, I do believe that I have many if not all of the powers and abilities that Aku possesses! Allow me to simply use those powers that I just discovered in this moment and as someone who possesses only a fraction of Aku's actual being to best him at his own abilities, and open up a portal back in time so that we may conveniently escape to the past to a point where Aku was weaker! Nevermind your friends, your place in this new future, or what my happen to me now that the timeline that created me no longer exists! Don't worry though, I'm sure I'll inexplicably stick around for an extended period of time even after you undo the future so that I can fade out of existence in a moment that may or may not be particularly disadvantageous to the concurrent situation!
>>
Why exactly did people want Jack to stay stuck in the future?
>>
File: SJ is a ripoff.png (164KB, 540x360px) Image search: [Google]
SJ is a ripoff.png
164KB, 540x360px
>>94513389
>>
>>94513389
The only thing that really pissed me off about the entire thing is that Ashi lived for a few weeks for no apparent reason other than Genndy being a cliche loving hack
>>
>>94513447
>What is Celtic magic.
>>
>>94513529
Celtic magic can't save what never existed
>>
>>94513510
This. She should have started to die immediately after the tower exploded. It wouldn't have really made a difference, I don't see why Gendy didn't just do that.
>>
File: 1501470455527.png (564KB, 1484x1220px) Image search: [Google]
1501470455527.png
564KB, 1484x1220px
>>94513434
>>
Changing the past wouldn't make a person from the future suddenly stop existing if they've travelled back in time with you.
They exist in the now. Their potential past doesn't change that.
>>
>>94513510
>few weeks
You don't rebuild a village, recover your father from malnutrition, plan a wedding, send out invitations across the world(via ancient longships) and wait for guests(who are making the same trip) in a couple weeks.
She was there for at the VERY least a year and a half.
>>
>>94513502
to me personally, the outcome of the ending, whether he went back to the past or not, doesn't matter as much as the fact that they didn't even explore the dilemma at all. we're led to believe that jack had never even considered the choice and assumed his friends would still exist.

shoehorning in ashi was just a bad idea from the start when there was already such a glaring loose end that deserved more focus than the typical defrosting ice queen story
>>
>>94513502
Why would anyone who watched the entire show and liked it + is an adult not want that? That ending was bot completely immature and completely unsatisfying.
>>
File: 1494463371798.gif (452KB, 540x500px) Image search: [Google]
1494463371798.gif
452KB, 540x500px
>>94513502
Because
>there were no more portals, so getting back would require a contrived last minute solution that would trivialize everything
>the future and it's inhabitants were what the audience knew and loved
>jack had already improved it significantly even with aku alive and could do so much more after aku died.
>going back was used to kill off a character we were intended to care a great deal for (whether you liked her or Not, genndy wanted you to root for her)
>the show wasn't about backwards time travel, so it doesn't fit the tone.
>it undid all his adventures with beloved characters.
>finally, altering the past with negative consequences as a trope is tricky enough if you know how to do it well, and genndy did not do it well.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.