[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the dust has settled, really, what went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: 1280x720-Y06.jpg (98KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1280x720-Y06.jpg
98KB, 1280x720px
Now that the dust has settled, really, what went wrong?
>>
>>94493610
It existed.
>>
They really didn't try and it really does show
>>
What didn't? Honestly I don't think it did anything right
>>
>>94493610
They don't understand or know what made the original show so good.
>>
File: nom.png (243KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
nom.png
243KB, 480x640px
>>94493610
A poor understanding of what made the Powerpuff Girls popular as a franchise, a poor understanding of what made the Powerpuff Girls work as a show, a poor understanding of what should and shouldn't be done in storytelling.

An attempt to do something different with the show to set themselves apart while also not doing so in a way that's actually unique or accessible to any audience besides a really particular youth audience that has a multitude of better options that work harder to appeal to more people.

Being primarily brought back, not because they had anything fresh or interesting they wanted to spin with the franchise but, because they wanted to sell more merchandise of the series, even allowing this to infect the series, itself, by giving them toyetic powers and having sponsored episodes that drive things like STEM stuff too hard.
>>
>>94493610
1. No involvement from the old writers.
2. They tried to appeal to SJWs but ironically did everything SJWs despise.
3. Came 5 or 6 years too late
4. Doesn't even try to emulate the tone and themes of the original, opting for "Powerpuff Girls but if they were in We Bear Bears"
>>
File: ravioliravioli.png (398KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
ravioliravioli.png
398KB, 800x450px
You just want someone to say "This guy", don't you?
>>
File: IMG_2873.jpg (8KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2873.jpg
8KB, 480x360px
>>94493610
There is literally nothing that can go right with rebooting a cartoon that is less than 20 years old, especially when you replace actual writers and a creator who wanted the show over with literally who's who can't write for peanuts and Jake "Bubbling out Blossom's Buttercup" Goldman
>>
Jared.
SJWs.
Tumblr.
>>
Not enough twerking.
>>
>>94495256
this
>>
>>94493610
>Now that the dust has settled
just make a normal op instead of resorting to memes you idiot
>>
>>94493610
Now that the dust has settled, what was his problem? What went wrong for him to become, dare I say it, /ourguy/? More importantly, what is his end-game, and is it kino?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.