[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Otto Octavius

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: XZVOc01N.jpg (42KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
XZVOc01N.jpg
42KB, 400x400px
Does anyone even care for this character anymore?
>>
>>94488872
I'd say more people do than ever, since Superior was the most development he's ever had.
>>
I loved him ever since Superior. Bringing him back as Superior Octopus is the only reason why I keep reading.
>>
>>94488872
>Does anyone even care for this character anymore?
Slott

>>94489034
>I'd say more people do than ever, since Superior was the most development he's ever had.
Slott, please...
>>
He actually has a purpose now, but he's also a bit too close to the action. He should be a scheming mastermind first, powerhouse second. His obsession with Pete's successes are also a bit annoying.
>>
>>94489054
>I loved him ever since Superior. Bringing him back as Superior Octopus is the only reason why I keep reading.
Agreed.
>>
>>94488872
He's my favorite modern Marvel character.
>>
Slott is the worst thing that's happened to him. I wish someone else wrote superior.
>>
>>94488872

I'd say having him team up with Hydra hurts his character a little but not as much as the color scheme he's currently rocking.
>>
>>94489034
>Superior was the most development he's ever had.

The biggest problem with Superior was that he didn't develop. He just ran away from all of his problems and killed himself instead of learning to be a hero. He was a cowardly mustache twirler from beginning to end, making you wonder what exactly happened to his promise to be Spider-Man in the first place. The decision to be a hero was never followed up on by actual development and change from Otto like it should have been.
>>
File: Consider the Following.jpg (54KB, 640x482px) Image search: [Google]
Consider the Following.jpg
54KB, 640x482px
How is it with the octopus motif that Dr Ock hasnt been hired by HYDRA as a mascot villain of the month?
>>
>>94489034
I'd agree with this. He went from a dumpy, campy joke to a well understood, relevant, and I'd say beloved character.
>>
>>94488872
>1 reply by this poster
>>
>>94489766
Yeah, although I think the point of Superior Spider-man was that couldn't be a hero due not really understanding what it actually meant to be one. But it really is squandered potential that the version of him that learned the lesson died. I kind of hope that the original Otto somehow comes back and chews out the current version for being a prick.
>>
>>94490419
>But it really is squandered potential that the version of him that learned the lesson died.

IMO i dont think he learned a lesson. There's nothing heroic about shoving all your problems onto the next guy.

If this was a spider-man story about a hero, Otto would have found out that it was impossible to resurrect Peter, be driven to his lowest point, and then figure a way out with his back against the wall. But he just threw his arms up, went WOW I CANT DO IT, and unlike Peter he didn't have a friend to stop him from quitting being spider-man. so he just quit being spider-man, threw the suit in the proverbial garbage can, and rewarded him by having that easy way out magically solve the Goblin problem for no reason. There's no responsibility there at all. It's a spider-man no more story, except the writer had just as little faith in Otto's ability to change as Otto did.

The only real lesson was that mean old Doctor Octopus learned to get over his own ego, i guess, but that's the lesson he was supposed to have learned at the beginning of the story when he got Peter's memories. The entire finale of Superior really cemented that Slott had absolute no idea what to do with the concept.
>>
>>94488872

To be honest, no. It's weird how Slott's books seem to emasculate Peter, and make him a lot less competent than he is. Otto's new look is a nice design, but it's not really something that's hypeworthy: It's something so different from the initial concept of the character, you just sort of go "Meh, I guess."
>>
File: 1460115830789.jpg (15KB, 621x502px) Image search: [Google]
1460115830789.jpg
15KB, 621x502px
>>94488872
JUST GET SLOTT OFF SPIDER-MAN AND HAVE HIM WRITE AN OTTO ONGOING
ABSOLUTELY FUCK ALL WOULD CHANGE
>>
>>94490820
This.
>>
>>94490552
Now that you mention it, that was total bullshit. I haven't read that arc since it came out so my memory of it was hazy. I wonder if it had gotten rushed at all with the Spider-verse event, and if things would have changed if they didn't have to rush to get Peter back in control for the event.

I think Slott wrote himself into a corner with his own interpretation of Otto. But I do kind of like where he is now as the Superior Octopus (which is a pretty lame name) and having a more legit Evil Spider-man to go with flood of newer Spider characters.
>>
I just want an evil version of Spider-Man who literally IS all the bad things that Jameson says about Peter.

I don't care if its Otto or Ben; just give me a good rival Spider whose not Venom.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.