[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/co/ vidya

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: 1467297587199.jpg (42KB, 468x317px) Image search: [Google]
1467297587199.jpg
42KB, 468x317px
Is this the greatest /co/ related vidya in existence?
I know people give it flak because it's LEGO but it's still fun.
>has basically every important and semi-important Marvel character playable (Iron Man, Spider Man, F4, X-men, Cap, Hulk, Daredevil etc.) Also has a huge roster of villains to choose from (Magneto, Doc Ock, Goblin, Loki, Venom, Red Skull, Doom)
>can free roam through NYC doing side quests and activities which there tons of
>interesting story that's over the top but still fun to play
>inb4 >>>/v/
we all know /v/ is shit to discuss anything and only will indulge itself in shitposting so I'm asking here, what's your favorite /co/ vidya?
If janitor doesn't like it, feel free to move it to /v/ or whatever.
>>
>>
How is this possible with Lego but no other freaking format in existence?
>>
I'm currently playing Lego Batman 3, and the voices they chose for some of the characters, and returning characters like Mr. Mystyx or what ever, voiced by Gilbert. And the fucking Adam West in peril shit is a riot but also sad.

Also, the whole 66 Batman being shot as a TV show in the Batcave.

Kevin Smith? Conan O'Brien? Daffy Duck as the Green Loonturn? Cameos by Dr. Who and Jurassic Park? The cheeky reference of Marvel heroes when a few DC ones enter a portal through silhouette and even had a man hanging upside down via a rope.
>>
>>94488379
>>94488379
Replace Capcom with DC and it would be legendary.
>>
>>94488399
The game is fun because it's bizarre as hell. Adding DC to the mix just makes too much sense and would ruin it.
>>
>>94488391
>>94488346
>TT has the rights to do super crossovers now, Sonic, DC, Marvel, Ninja Turtles, Jaws, King Kong, Harry Potter, Dr. Who, fucking everything

>we still don't have a Lego DC vs Marvel
>>
>>94488391
I remember playing Lego Batman 3 and being kinda disappointing.
Story was kinda meh and humor was cringy, but the biggest disappointment was no hub area like in Marvel Super Heroes where to fuck around in.
Did it get better as you finish the game (open up more)? Might give it another try
>>
>>94488445
It's just a series of smaller hub worlds (Batcave, Watchtower, Hall of Justice/Doom, Lantern Planets)
>>
>>94488425
Disney is not playing nice with them otherwise Lego Dimensions would have had Star Wars and Marvel stuff on Launch and would not be announced as cancelled in a couple of weeks.
>>
I just wish Lego would get their shit together and polish their fucking games. They have great games that are being held back by amateur design choices and glitches.
>>
>>94488445
Yeah, when you finish main story and beat the 66 Batman stage, you find the Green Loonturn in the Watch Tower, build a slide teleporter to the Moon and get access to every Lantern planet.
>>
File: IMG_2427.jpg (46KB, 559x413px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2427.jpg
46KB, 559x413px
>>94488506
>ywn get a Lord Vortech figure
>>
File: 1502026271150.jpg (27KB, 288x249px) Image search: [Google]
1502026271150.jpg
27KB, 288x249px
>>94488552
hmm, interesting
I'll give it another try then
i was kind of in a LEGO mood anyway
>>
>>94488346
I really liked that one

It's sad the new one won't have any X-Men or F4
>>
>>94488659
yeah, I guess Disney makes them add only characters that are in the MCU out of spite
>>
File: the-darkness-20060815043014121.jpg (133KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
the-darkness-20060815043014121.jpg
133KB, 1280x720px
Most satisfying, fun and fulfilling? Probably.
I haven't even played but I know how Lego games operate, great fan service, tons of related content and easter eggs, lot's of obscure characters and facts.

Wouldn't say is the best, though.
The best /co/ game to me is The Darkness, followed by Hulk Ultimate Destruction, simply because they are faithful enough to the source without being limited by it and being able to expand it and improve, to the point they are better than any comics.
>>
>>94488659
Looks better than the Avengers one at least.
>>
>>94488379

the trouble with the fighting games is that they've become so hardcore that casuals need not pick up the controller.

And I'm all for hardcore games. Dark Souls shouldn't be made easier for casuals, if anything its difficulty should be cranked upwards. But its hard for me to say that a marvel vs capcom game is the best /co/ game when maybe 1% of the gaming audience gets the full potential out of the game. For them, maybe, its the best thing ever.

Lego Marvel Super Heroes is easy to pick up so everyone can appreciate it. Much wider audience so I've gotta give it the spot.

Note: some of the challenges in the Lego game are NOT casual-friendly at all. Some of the 3D racing challenges were grueling. But thats cool, only the 100% completionists will go for that stuff and they (including myself) deserve a bit of punishment for being so OCD.

100% on steam, suck it!
>>
>>94488346
The lego games really aren't fun. There are 8 or so abilities then just a fuck ton of skins.
>>
>>94488506
>>94488713
The fuck kind of beef does Disney have with LEGO?
>>
>>94488346
I wish Marvel made better games.
The new Spider-Man looks okay but more of the same kinda stuff we've seen.
There should be fully fleshed out GotG games similar to Mass Effect.
Cap should have games like Arkham Asylum with cool MGS-like plots.
>>
>>94488899
It's Marvel with Fox, not Disney with Lego.
And blame either the executives at Fox for not giving the F4 and ike for being a kike
>>
>>94488346
Too bad they ruined everything with the new one... no X-Men and Fantastic Four = no buy!

But well... the story will be better... it's Kurt Busiek and is based on Avengers Forever.
>>
Lego Marvel is fun, but come on, best /co/ game?

Granted there are very few /co/ related games that even qualify as good games at all.

People will call me a pleb for this but the Arkham games have absolutely impeccable game design. In terms of story and content they became bloated as they went along but the design of the combat and predator challenge level design remained top of the line.

>>94488425
Just because they have the rights to make toys of them doesn't mean they have rights to video games, and it especially doesn't mean they can throw them all together in a game. That's not how licensing works.

>>94488899
Disney are ultra protective of their IP and probably breathe down TT's neck while they make these games.
>>
Honestly LEGO games are cool, but I wonder is it that hard to make a game like Ultimate Alliance or X-Men Legends but with more characters, more costumes and better graphics?

And I also think I saw a trailer of an Avengers game being developed by Square Enix not that long ago. That could turn out to be good.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.