[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong, /co/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (219KB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
219KB, 700x394px
What went wrong, /co/?
>>
>>94475472
They named it that
>Is this the Superjail! people?
>>
>>94475472
They forgot to make it funny.
>>
>>94475472
This wasn't the theme song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ufnj9F3fl-4
>>
>>94475472
It's funny, but really sophomoric and simplistic. After watching his youtube stuff for years and enjoying the shit out of China, IL you can see why people were disappointed.

every episode is a mixed bag, good skits mixed in with ideas that could have went somewhere
>>
>>94475472
China IL. Was better.

>>94475502
China IL. Babycakes was even in it sometimes.
>>
>>94475472
Bad name nonsense cut away gag complications
>>
>>94475472

As others have said before it feels like a bunch of inside jokes that's not really funny. So any attempts at humor feel way too random.
>>
Too much variety.

They should have stuck to something they do well (songs, interpersonal comedy) and kept at it.

They shoved too much weird shit just because they could.
>>
>>94475472
I'd say that making a show that's nothing but cutaway jokes doesn't work but Family Guy and Robot Chicken are still airing. Guess it wasn't even funny enough for that audience
>>
>>94479285
Family Guy at least has some sort of thread running the gags are attached to, and robot chicken is usually taking the piss out of familiar material. Brad Neely's Harg Nallin Sclopio Peepio is disconnected both from itself and its audience.
>>
The only parts that I found consistently entertaining were the Fruit Blood performances.
>>
When I imagined a lot of the sketches in his old style (simplistic, scrappy, one panel every couple seconds) they became a lot funnier.
>>
No punchlines
Jokes are on the sane level you'd hear among friends just telling stories with no end
>>
>>94475472
It was too fucking random without anything to ground it and the jokes were just kind of shit. Hell, even the name makes no fucking sense. It's just a string of nonsense that has nothing whatsoever to do with the show itself other than being an indication of how non-sequitur everything is.
>>
>>94479540
just without the build up. all you get is the end bits when it's barely funny anymore.
>>
>>94475472
Hit and miss skits
>>
>>94475472
It had good songs
https://youtu.be/-YU0qK1MZyU
>>
I ain't even know she had bowels, son.
>>
Adult Cartoons are shit. A TV-MA rating is like a confirmation the show will be worthless. TV-14 is kind of a shake up.
>>
>>94475472
We should have gotten China, IL season 4 instead of this.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.