[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was your reaction when you first saw this scene?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 345asdfasdf.png (872KB, 1283x680px) Image search: [Google]
345asdfasdf.png
872KB, 1283x680px
Discuss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7i3CnigjY8
>>
>>94473826
It didn't meet up to my expectations but I liked it.
>>
>>94473826
pretty happy that we were covering that ominous samurai ghost man lurking in the background. Pretty disappointed that he wasn't directly related to the loss of his sword
>>
>>94473826
Oh, it's just the failing his family in the past thing. I thought it might have been something different considering the hallucinations of his dad already did that. I'm a little disappointed.
>>
>>94473826
I was still wondering who the hell that tiny old lady was supposed to be
>>
>>94473826
Could've been done A LOT better imo. I thought the demon samurai was going to be some sort of spiritual/mystical entity that jack (with ashi's help) had to defeat in a psychological battle of the mind and once Jack found hope and will to live again the demon (after failing to convince jack to kill himself) would mysteriously fade away as if he was never there, possibly another on of jack's illusions OR real supernatural being like the death. I think Jack alone should've been able to see the ghost and no one else, not even ashi.

What dissappointed me was that instead of any of that happening, the demon samurai just ended up being another physical enemy for them to destroy and once doing so all his problems were solved.
>>
My reacton was
>What the fuck is this ghost thing now
My reaction now is
>What the fuck was that ghost thing now
>>
>Hell yeah! I can't wait to see how Ashi gets him out of this one.
*Stream lags the fuck out*
*miss the entire thing.*
>>
>>94473826
>You didn't actually kill those kids!
>Whoops all better now
All this over a stupid misunderstanding. If Jack waited 2 fucking minutes he would have known they didn't die.
>>
>goddamn that ghost is chubby
>>
>>94475151
I think it was the camel that broke the camels back as he was already racked with guilt over his failures and killing the daughters
>>
File: critic.jpg (165KB, 800x366px) Image search: [Google]
critic.jpg
165KB, 800x366px
Genuinely, this scene changed me as a person.

Seeing a character who I'd always idolized, a character with such unparalleled fortitude and strength of mind fall prey to the despair and self-destructive mentality required to make the decision to end one's own life was a very powerful message to me.

It showed us the oft glazed-over flip-side of the honorable samurai creed: failure. Jack felt that his quest no longer could end in anything but failure, and opted to end his life in the only way his school of teaching acknowledged: ritual suicide.

Seeing that was a very powerful message to me. To have a character who was so much larger than life, so strong, and so devout fall victim to the mental disease of constant feelings of failure was incredibly poignant.
>>
>>94476397
I think it was the camel that broke the this season was stupidly written
>>
>>94473826
I've never watched season 5, does Ashi's voice sound weird to anyone else? It kind of sounds like she has a stuffy nose.
>>
Wasn't too invested, was sad that The Omen didn't really turn out to be anything.
>>
>>94476817
boo hoo
>>
>>94473826
I was disappointed he didn't have a grisly 10-minute-long fight scene with Jack. Honestly, after episode 3, there were no fight scenes that made me go "Fuck yeah." They were just... there.
>>
>>94473826
I thought it'd be his actual ancestors or his imagination telling him that it's his time not some actually real physical ghosts that can attack Ashi
>>
>>94478192
>waaaaah don't make fun of my shitty waifu show
>>
>there are people who didn't understand that the Shogun/Samurai was supposed to be death from the moment he first appeared on screen
Its astounding how dumb this board is. Everyone was speculating WHO IS THE GREEN GUY.

Gee the ominous dark figure that's following the guy who isn't aging.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.