[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want this show to come back. Do you?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 11

I want this show to come back. Do you?
>>
>>94469309
No.
>>
>>94469309
Only if it will conform to my fan fictions.
>>
>>94469329
>>94469338
YOU HAVE TO SAY YES!!!!!!
>>
Depends on what Gravity Falls season 3 does.
>>
>>94469355
why?
>>
>>94469433
BECAUSE IT IS A GREAT SHOW!!!
>>
I want Dipper to investigate a coven of witches.

Hot witches.
>>
Only if it comes back as the baby's first X Files that I thought it was going to be.
>>
>>94469338
I doubt the show would turn into Reverse Falls. Though that might be neat
>>
File: wayne.jpg (111KB, 768x433px) Image search: [Google]
wayne.jpg
111KB, 768x433px
>>94469309
But it already did
>>
Only if there is more PAcifica
>>
>>94469309
Will it give Alex something to do rather than drink?
>>
>>94469338
I'm just glad the show will never confirm to my own fan fictions.

Would be cancelled so damn fast.
>>
>>94469309
>>94469426
>The main hook of the show plotwise was the mystery surrounding the books and Stan. Once that was resolved halfway through season 2 it stopped being interesting. The big finale felt more like a formality than a climax, though it had some decent moments.

>And while the show was funny it followed a formula, which worked well but would get tiresome with a third season. The characters' gags were getting played out too by the end. Ending it at Season 2 was a good choice in that regard because it wrapped itself up before it got boring. Maybe a Season 3 could work if it had a big twist or changed up the main cast, but at that point you're changing the core of the show and that wouldn't mesh with its narrative focus.
>>
>>94470334
Are you going to paste that in every fucking thread?
>>
>>94470548
Every thread where some dumbfuck thinks season 3 should have been made.
>>
>>94469309
I've let it go, you should too, it went through it's arc, any continuation would be fundamentally different or break the continuity that made it desirable in the first place.
Also, it's too much Hirsh's baby for someone else to pick up but the mouse isn't going to let him get the chance to fuck them again till he's proven he's cleaned himself elsewhere.
and considering "the project with FOX" is dead in the water...
>>
>>94471448
You realize the ratings (for /co/'s hated season 2b in particular!) blew everything else on the channel out of the water, right? That's what happens when something of actual quality shows up next to the various garbage /co/ gushes over.

It's hard to imagine him actually wanting to come back for a continuation, or even a spinoff, and Disney saying no.
>>
You know what other show faltered in its second season after wrapping up a major plotline element of the first season too soon and ended up spending the rest of the second season meandering until picking up around the end of the season, far too late to immediately revitalize the series in such a way that a new season would be picked up?

Twin Peaks.

See you in twenty-five years.
>>
>>94469309

No, Learn to let things end, you fucking asshole.
>>
There is nothing left that this show can give you, except flanderized characters. Leave it lie.
>>
>>94472086
GF didn't spend any time meandering in the second season, are you fucking retarded? There was like one filler ep in the second half of that season, the rest was plot plot plot.
>>
>marathon show
>get to flashback episode
>Boohoo I will never forgive you for accidentally ruining my chances of getting into a famous college even though I admit 5 minutes later that by studying hard I was able to become successful, earn my PhD early, and receive a research grant that I used to chase my dream anyway, have fun being homeless

Really?
>>
I don't want Season 3 of Gravity Falls, I want them to start Piedmont, where the weirdness of the summer follows the Pines Twins home.
>>
>>94469309
I do not.
>>
I know it gets not enough eps, but. Just nah. It should be in the same status as now. Finished.
>>
It was great but I think it ended when it needed to, or maybe it ended slightly after it needed to like is stated here:
>>94470334

Luckily I got to watch Steven Universe afterwards and it's also great. But now that I've watched TLA, GF, and SU, there's pretty much no top-tier western cartoons left. Everything else is just pointless comedies with no overarching narrative that connects episodes.
>>
File: 1454198618961.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1454198618961.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
I'm 50/50 about it. Though I spent 4 years on /gfg/ and some wonderful times in those threads. I gotta say it just wouldn't be the same. But who knows, maybe Hirsch will pull a Twin Peaks one day were the twins have to go back and stop Bill again. I liked the ending and actually got a tear in my eye when (pic related) was the file shot. I'm okay with it, but it was fun
>>
>>94477139
>SU
>top-tier anything
bro
>>
>>94469309
it's done, and it was disappointing in some aspects of the story. I had fun, though.
>>
>>94477372
>I liked the ending and actually got a tear in my eye when (pic related) was the file shot.
I thought the ending was brilliant throughout, but that final bus ride sequence really had me welling up by the end of it the first time around. That slow remix of the theme accompanied by those quasi-nostalgic visuals, but especially Stan and Ford finally going on their adventure before it's too late for both of them... fuck, man.
>>
Not under Alex Hirsch. He gave us a masterpiece in season 1 and the first half of S2 until he burned out from working at Disney and scrapped his plans for a S3 and possibly a movie.

Instead, he chose to rush the mess that was the last half of Season 2.
>>
>>94478203
>the mess that was the last half of Season 2
Repeating a meme doesn't make it true, anon.
>>
>>94478230
It was a fucking mess. The hack knew he was going to end it right then and there and still had the odacity to put in filler episodes in there.

Developing plotlines that didn't need to be developed and the ones who were, were executed poorly (Ford's backstory, the apoclalypse)

We didn't get to know what Ford experiences behind that portal, where it led to, him reuniting with McGucket or even going with Dipper and Mabel and explore the hidden and darkest secrets behind Gravity Falls.

Wendy was thrown out the window and left to rot as a character and just shoved her in the finale along with some "funny" memetic jokes sprinkled all over.

A season 3 would have helped this show so much if Alex didn't decide to backstab his fanbase and actually work his ass off.
>>
>>94478305
Except all the shit you listed is blatantly untrue (and to be quite frank seems like a copypasta).

Your first point has no evidence whatsoever so I'm going to ignore it.
>We didn't get to know what Ford experiences behind that portal, where it led to
We do get to know quite a bit, as much as was needed to be exact.
>him reuniting with McGucket
That's literally a scene in the finale. Rewatch it.
>or even going with Dipper and Mabel and explore the hidden and darkest secrets behind Gravity Falls.
You seriously don't get the finale, do you? Nah, you're probably just trolling, but still.
>Wendy was thrown out the window and left to rot as a character and just shoved her in the finale along with some "funny" memetic jokes sprinkled all over.
Anyone who says this type of shit about Wendy in particular instantly loses all credibility. She got way more screentime and awesome (not funny) scenes, particularly in the finale, than a non-protagonist character like her deserved.

You're full of shit, just like most of /co/ is on GF.
>>
>>94471448
>Hirsch's next show on Fox
I't been like a year since he announced his contract with Fox and still nothing, no title, concept art, or even a still image from his next show. What is the hack waiting for?!?
>>
>>94479311
Maybe if you stopped calling him a hack and started recognizing his brilliance in making the best cartoon of all time in an era when cartoons have gone down the shitter, you'd get results.
>>
Personally I just want to know how many people want a TP Season 3, but also complained about Samurai Jack's 5th season.
>>
>>94479460
>a TP Season 3
A what?
>>
>>94479311
I wish Star would've pushed him over that ledge

Granted, its probably like a 7 foot drop, but that should be enough to kill the manlet.
>>
I never watched the last episode.
The end of S2 really sucked.
>>
>>94479872
I get the feeling this post describes most of /co/.

Fuck memes.
>>
>>94479872
Literally everyone agrees that part 3 of the finale was significantly better than part 2 though, including the haters. You're missing out.
>>
>>94477139
Watch Star vs. Thank me later.
>>
File: IMG_7939.png (2MB, 1513x1079px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7939.png
2MB, 1513x1079px
Yes I do, Steven Universe doesn't have enough fanservice for gay chubby chasers
>>
>>94469539
Wow that looks terrible
>>
>>94469309
The show still has enough potential content
Yes, I want more
>>
File: 1501402865381.gif (1MB, 600x436px) Image search: [Google]
1501402865381.gif
1MB, 600x436px
Yes. Definitely. Absolutely. I love this show too much.
>>
Should the official comics

-Follow the twins returning to Gravity Falls again the next year
or
-Follow inbetween random adventures in Gravity Falls during their first summer there without paying much mind to the show's canon
>>
I can only think of two huge reasons to have more Pacifica.
And they're good ones.
>>
>>94480606
It's actually quite good.
>>
>>94472843
That was the point, Ford would have been successful and done the stuff he loved doing no matter what college he went to. It was just his pride and their father's greed led them to ruining Stan's life. Stan even points out that it's silly that he didn't get into his dream school, even attempting the sensible thing by burning the journal after Ford told him to get rid of it instead of hiding it safe due to his own ego.
>>
>>94481309
I want the first option with a little bit of the second
>>
>>94477930
Anime makes me too depressed to watch any more, so the only way I can get my story fix is cartoons. And I like SU's story and characters even if the "acceptance" metaphors irritate me.
>>
Have Wendy go to College when the twins come back and have Pacifica fill her spot in the main cast
>>
File: alex.jpg (16KB, 236x265px) Image search: [Google]
alex.jpg
16KB, 236x265px
this show was annoying. I always wanted to watch it, but it was always a too long and unfocused.. leaving me tired and upset by the end. If they brought it back as an 11-min show, I might like it more.
>>
>>94482189
>too long
Well, that's a first. Usually the show gets ragged on for being cut short at 2 seasons (even though it wasn't, and the story finished).
>>
>>94482100
>I like SU's story and characters
bro
SU doesn't even have scripts, for crying out loud.
>>
>>94479917
That's just because part 2 was terrible
>>
no. it ended fine as is
>>
>>94482304
I think he meant episode length, because
>>94482189
>11-min show
>>
>>94482189
>>94483327
That's what I get for not reading to the end of a post. Then again, that's clearly a shitpost, so I didn't lose much.

Also, that anon doesn't even get that the whole 11-minute thing is one of the biggest reasons why the entire industry is going down.
>>
>>94481309

Ideally the second option. Them returning to Gravity Falls should be how a possible revival of the show starts. That way a revival wouldn't consequently render the comics non-canon.

However, if there really is no hope for a revival. The first option is probably the best bet for a continuation of the series, albeit one that'll probably end up being short lived sadly.
>>
>>94483513
I like shows that are 11 minutes long

or rather, I like shows that have a point, and don't waste time on boring subplots and family guy grade gags.
>>
>>94469309
I am okay with original ending, honestly. I respect Hirsch for ending show where he did.
>>
>>94483974
You speak English good, ya?
>>
>>94469470
Yeah, it was a great show. And that's why it shouldn't come back. It was here, it was fun, but like everything good in life, or life itself even, it had to end someday. Learn to move on.
>>
File: carl star.jpg (160KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
carl star.jpg
160KB, 1920x1080px
My idea for a new epsiode would be a christmas special fighting krampus in gravity falls with everyone trying to protect mabel as krampus tries to kill her for never paying for her mistakes and she finally reminders herself in some way and apologizes for the shit she put people through having more character development
>>
>>94469309
lol no
>>
>>94484370
>Dude we been over this

*Dude, we have been over this.
>>
>>94484404
Thanks.
>>
>>94484370
The only thing that's over here is your shitty meme list, JPEGfag.
>>
>>94484462
That is not shit and it's not a meme, it's facts.
>>
>>94483936
>11 minutes is simply not long enough to tell a great story.

you're simply wrong
>>
>>94484234
>epsiode
>>
>>94469309
It's bad
>>
>>94469309
I'm gonna tell you what I told people at the end of Futurama
I don't want more now
I want more back in the middle, so that this ending will hurt less
>>
The ending was good. Do you want it to keep going and end up rotting like SU?
>>
>>94487810
When do Dipper and Mabel fuck?
>>
>>94487828
SU was rotten from the start...
>>
>>94487828

>Ending was good

How can a real human being believe this.
>>
>>94487901
You're right, the ending wasn't good. It was fucking brilliant.
>>
>>94487979
What makes you say that?
>>
File: Pilot_meet_dipper_pines.png (601KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Pilot_meet_dipper_pines.png
601KB, 1280x720px
>>94477372
Shit dude don't post pics like that. You're making me miss the show all over again. Man this show was so damn good. If only Alex hadn't been so drunk during production and had kept the most basic of schedules/deadlines. Disney owns the rights to Gravity Falls but I doubt they'll do anything with it.
>>
>>94487840
in our fanart, forever
seriously would you like some? so far i've only drawn them being cutely lewd together mostly with dipper being embarrass
>>
>>94488429
The answer is always yes, but keep it implied.
>>
File: 0.jpg (180KB, 707x1000px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
180KB, 707x1000px
>>94469309
Show is fucking dead. All that's left is the promise of a "graphic novel" that will never actually be made and japanese people making doujinshi. Get over it /co/.
>>
>>94488931
so just post-coital snuggles? okay! I can draw that.
>>
>>94489520
Or Mabel delivering cutesy innuendo
>>
>>94489570
That's good too
Thread posts: 91
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.