[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

JAMES GUNN ON RONAN and CREATIVE COMMITTEE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 315
Thread images: 28

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/08/06/james-gunn-ronan-guardians-galaxy/

>“There is some messy villain plot stuff in the first movie I’d like to deal with again. There was a committee working for Marvel at the time (now defunct) who had a lot of input, and that was primarily where it ended up. It just got a little messy.”

>The committee he’s referring to is the Marvel Creative Committee, which existed to help improve the stories they worked on. Members included comic book writer Brian Michael Bendis, Marvel Comics publisher Dan Buckley, current Chief Creative Officer of Marvel Enterprises Joe Quesada, and Alan Fine. This all sounds good in theory, but sources say the committee tended to cause more problems than they would fix.

Bendis on suicide watch!
>>
Post the whole thing.
>>
See, that could also partly be why Age of Ultron sucked and Edgar Wright walked away from Ant-Man.
>>
A committee of creativeness that is made of people creative bankrout or aren't professional creators.

Shocking
>>
>>94463494
Edgar was a bitch thought. He wanted to do it outside the MCU and he kept delaying it so long from before Iron Man all the way to being tacked onto the end of Phase 2.
>>
>>94463887
Well besides that falcon fight it was outside the mcu, so all they had to do was cut that and he'd have stayed.
>>
>>94463947
They actually didn't add the Falcon scene in until after he left. It was the SHIELD stuff with Howard Stark that pissed him off.
>>
Ronan was shit no doubt, but if GOTG2 was Gunn's authentic attempt at writing a movie, I'd say it wasn't really the committee that was the problem.
>>
Ronan was a good character but he didn't have a single real fight scene.

I don't get why people defend the stupid dance off.
>>
You're kidding, a team of out-of-touch egomaniac executives ruined a movie? That never happens.
>>
File: GotG_Vol2_poster.jpg (224KB, 259x384px) Image search: [Google]
GotG_Vol2_poster.jpg
224KB, 259x384px
>Dude! Keep saying Taserface and laughing! Maybe then the joke will be funny!

James Gunn is a hack.
>>
File: 1498083540434.png (119KB, 292x303px) Image search: [Google]
1498083540434.png
119KB, 292x303px
>>94463416

>The committee he’s referring to is the Marvel Creative Committee, which existed to help improve the stories they worked on.
>Members included comic book writer Brian Michael Bendis....Joe Quesada
>existed to help improve the stories they worked on.
>>
>>94464024
Also they softned Lang and Pym from the assholes they were in Wright's draft.
>>
>>94464165
t. taserface
>>
>>94464273
Good.
>>
>>94463416
The sequel was barely any different than the first.
>>
>>94463947
His original vision for the film was to have Hank Pym as the main antagonist and for Scott to be running a crew of ten plus people.
As much as I like Edgar Wright, I can't say that I would've enjoyed the Ant-Man film he'd have made
Plus we'd have never got the "Time in a Bottle" scene without Peyton Reed
>>
>>94464024
> MCU Pym is portrayed as a good man.

Meanwhile, in the comics Pym is shat on constantly.
>>
>>94463416

>Joe Quesada
>Bendis

My god, it's like they were trying to make Guardians fail.
>>
>>94463438
Rich doesn't ever post the whole thing

that's not how he drives his clicks
>>
File: I came here to laugh at you.jpg (33KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
I came here to laugh at you.jpg
33KB, 640x480px
>>94464165

>Bendis sneaks onto /co/ to make himself feel better
>>
File: Animation_test.gif (1MB, 444x250px) Image search: [Google]
Animation_test.gif
1MB, 444x250px
>>94464600
It is darker and has much more character development. Less of a cheerful space adventure.
>>
>>94464663
He was handled well in Avengers Academy, but there seems to be an editorial mandate to portray him as an unstable villain because the only thing anyone remembers about him is that he hit his wife forty years ago.
>>
>>94464708
>James Gunn runs jokes into the ground to make himself feel better
>>
>>94464221
> Bendis
> Improve

Was Bendis in charge of ensuring continuity was adhered to.
>>
>>94464755
The characterization of Ego is spot on.

Very, very accurate portrayal of a narcissist.

Also, he allows Yondu's death to sink in, and does not ruin the tone with a joke.

Gunn overdoes two jokes (Taserface and Baby Groot getting Yondu's fin), but the character development is handled very well.
>>
File: bronan.png (357KB, 433x363px) Image search: [Google]
bronan.png
357KB, 433x363px
>>94463416
Ronan predemption arc in Captain Marvel?
>>
>ronan being a one note villain in the mcu and not evolving into an antihero was the committee's fault
BENDIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>94465049
More like Ronan fall into madness in Captain Marvel, it'd be pretty cool.
>>
>>94463494
>Ass of Buttron

Nope, that's all Whedon.
>>
>>94464165
Shut up Whedon.
>>
>>94465202
Both Whedon and the executive meddling that told him to set-up a shitton of stuff for other movies.
Add to that the Committee "improving" on their ideas and you have a recipe for disaster. No wonder the dude didn't want to go another round with them.
>>
>>94465049
They could show him as an idealistic good guy who helps Carol but gets fucked over by a Skrull in the Nova Corp.
>>
>>94465241
This man has been known to blame others though.
>>
>>94463416
Bendis and Quesada are shit people who should have been fired long ago? Who'd have thought?
>>
>>94465241
> Whedon had to fight hard to get Wanda into the film.

> Bendis was on the creative committee.
>>
Why doesn't /co/ have a norwegian archive link bot that takes money away from the clickbait internet mass media ZOG machine?
>>
>>94465268
Yeah I know that's why I said
>Whedon AND the executive meddling
I'm sure not even Bendis would tell him to approve the clunky Black Widow sterilization scene. But I'm sure there was definitely some shit that wasn't entirely Whedon's fault.
>>
>>94464140
>executives

You're overstating it. They were continuity nerds.

>>94463854
Most of them were professional creatives. Bendis was/is a prolific big-name writer; Quesada was an artist/writer before becoming an editor, then EiC, then Chief Creative Officer, a post he still holds (he was also one of the people whose non-comics work took Marvel Studios into the MCU era, as well as co-creator with Denny O'Neil of Batman's antagonist-replacement Azrael); Alan Fine came up from the toy industry (which is a different kind of creative, but not mutually exclusive to the works of a comic book publisher) and is former President of Marvel Entertainment; other figures on the committee per their credited involvement on phase 1 movies were: Dan Buckley (succeeded Fine as P:ME, Publisher of Marvel Comics from 2003, after a long stint working for them in the 90s); Sid Ganis (President of Academy of Motion Pictures, Arts and Sciences 2005–2009, served on the board of Marvel 1999-2009); Craig Kyle (longtime comic book writer and movie/tv producer). Fine, Quesada, Buckley and Bendis are credited members on GotG. There may have been others in phase 2 but fucked if imma check.

Note that these are not writing or story credits, and that this means they had no meaningful writing input on any of these projects unless also so credited (they didn't).

The only unusual problems I can see arising from these guys take two main forms: firstly, those notes that are intended to produce more toyetic movies (Gunn had no problem with that, and has clearly worked on projects in the past that demonstrate his willingness to do so. Secondly, those notes that are intended to make the adaptation more closely resemble the source. While well-intentioned, there's a world of difference between what's possible in print and on screen (at any sane budget), and so most of the disagreement is likely to be there. Except...
>>
There's a further possible problem, but it's explicitly to do with creatives: we all think we could write a movie, but few of us on reflection would find that we had any clue of how to do so, or in practice that our writing was worth the time and investment necessary. The only MCC member Gunn worked with who has shown any recent aspirations to writing was Bendis (Quesada most likely doesn't have any such aspirations, or Phase 1 would be a fucking disaster area with his co-credits all over it). Bendis also (excitedly) overstated his Guardians artist's involvement in planning the look of the Guardians movie - in fact none of the artists who worked with Bendis on the print title had any credited involvement in the movie, meaning any who did work on it were using the designs of others, or their own work was discarded entirely.

There's a distinct possibility that Bendis took the development work he'd seen for the movie and simply ripped it off for his print title, a year before the movie was released, spoiling a great deal of the look (and getting much about the movie team wrong, as it would have been changed almost daily until ready to shoot). Since there's nothing a director can do - marketing have to see this shit to prepare to synergize with it, as do corporate - Gunn would have been relatively powerless but seeing his work being put out every month as someone else's.

I'd sure as shit never work with someone who did that to me if I could help it; Gunn, thanks to the success of the movie, can help it. All praise Gunn.
>>
>>94465645
you shouldn't put all the blame at bendis's feet
I'm sure he was put on the GotG book for the sole purpose of aping the movie to maximize synergy sales (if such a thing actually exists)
>>
>>94465375
Everything /co/ discusses which isn't a self-published indie zine is part of those buzzwords. Bleeding Cool is literally a front for major publishers to leak information and inflate expectations. To deny it is to deny the companies it represents, and their product.
>>
>>94465241
>>94465320

I'd fucking love to get behind-the-scenes stuff about Bendis being an utter twat about letting the Maximoffs into the movie.
>>
>>94465268
>film stars Sigourney Weaver, Winona Ryder, Ron Perlman, and Brad Dourif
>directed by Jean-Pierre Jeunet
>has garbage script
>"t-they fucked with m-my vision"
Whedon should never be trusted
>>
>>94464936
I really enjoyed Vol. 2 overall but I feel like they really overdid the humor of Drax. He had exactly one serious moment and then everything else was him making jokes.
>>
Friendly reminder that every Phase 2 film had a Joss Whedon rewrite before filming to better "fit the tone and narrative" of the Avengers films and he STILL managed to fuck up continuity and character arcs that much
>>
>>94466153
Source?
>>
>>94466102
To be fair there's not much you can do with Drax when you don't have an army of paper minions for him to do his killing stuff. I don't mind he was relegated to a comedic duo with Mantis.
The scene where she touches him when he's thinking about his family and then starts crying was really sad and sweet at the same time. And the part where Drax lifts Mantis so she doesn't get buried in the ground was also great.
>>
>>94463416
For what he was, I enjoyed Ronan

He chewed scenery nicely, was a force of nature more than an actual character, and for me, his high point was the face of pure disbelief bordering on fear he made in the "dance off" moment
>>
>>94466153
>ignored SHIELD was destroyer
>ignored Tony destroying all his suits
>actually gave a slight nod to AoS
Seriously what the fuck?
>>
>>94463416
>Bendis
OF FUCKING COURSE
>>
>>94463416
>Members included comic book writer Brian Michael Bendis, Marvel Comics publisher Dan Buckley, current Chief Creative Officer of Marvel Enterprises Joe Quesada, and Alan Fine.
>This all sounds good in theory
Yeah, no.
>>
>>94466295
Ronan was fucking awful, he was a non-entity for most of the movie, his most memorable moments were being shut down by Thanos and falling into Peter's stupid distraction.
They threw the "he's a kree fanatic and wants to kill Xandarians for... reasons" line and did nothing else with it. If they actually showed him being a crazy Kree purist and developing his character into something more than the designated baddie of the movie it'd have been a lot better.
>>
>>94466295
>>94465049
>Carol and Ronan forge a rival/friend relationship
>Captain Marvel Carol "dies"/goes into comma
>Ronan's last memento from Carol was her "Ooooh child tape"
>fast forward to Guardians of the Galaxy
>"Dance off Bro!!"
>"WHY DID YOU SING THAT SONG?!"
>>
>>94463416
bendis being there explains everything.
>>
File: facepalm.jpg (35KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
facepalm.jpg
35KB, 600x600px
>>94463416
>Bendis
>>
>>94466046
>To deny it is to deny the companies it represents, and their product.
And? I don't see anything wrong with that. We know exactly what types of products will survive when ((((they)))) are pushed back and denied profits, and those are the products that cater directly to us.
>>
>>94466239
Drax being kind of the funny character adds to the power of the Mantis scene, though. He seems jovial but underneath that he has suffered alot of tragedy.
>>
>>94464165
He may be a hack, but he's a hack a step above the rest of the hacks that work at Marvel
>>
>>94464633
Reed was honestly the perfect person for the movie. He made it a movie about family and that really works for these characters
>>
>>94466826
I like Drax. He doesn't act funny like Meme-Lord or Rocket, we just perceive him as such, he's actually very serious about everything including his nipples.
>>
>>94466217
His three year contract had him as a consultant and polisher for all the films. Unfortunately all I'm finding are io9 articles and I don't want to click them.
>>
>>94464779
He IS unstabble though. And as a pymfag I love him for it. He is his own worst enemy (hence why Ultron works) and when he does something not quite perfect he agonizes over it.

Rage of Ultron was also very good and he was done well in Busieks run. I love the idea of Pymtron and think Spencer did a pretty good job on that issue. Just not much has happened with Pymtron yet
>>
>>94465396
Whedon fought hard to keep the whole Clint retreat scene.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MMMe1drnZY
>>
>>94465605
>They were continuity nerds.

>Bendis
>continuity nerd
>>
>>94466951
Didn't he think Hawkeye and Black Widow was "too predictable"?
>>
>>94465605
>Craig Kyle
This is the only one of them who is actually good at theor jobs. But they even fucked him over. He wrote Thor 2 and they threw it out cause it was too dark. Instead they got Whedon to make it into another quipfest movie and remove all the gravitas he put in.

Or was that Yost that they did that too? Those two work together so often i forget
>>
>>94466994
Bendis is a mark for himself he probably wanted to keep his "Wanda snaps and kills everybody" bit of continuity.
>>
Wait, Bendis? A
>>
>>94466921
yeah but he's flat out demonized for being unstable despite everyone else having done fucked up shit too and he's always being shit on unfairly
>>
>>94465645

Bendis specifically said he had no interest in the characters of GotG until working on the movie.
>>
>>94467023
Fuck if I know, I don't give a shit about shipping.
>>
>>94467048
Oh yeah. Tony calling out Pym for being a fuckup is so far past hypocritical it's not even funny. Pym has helped more people than Tony could never hope to
>>
>>94466979
Didn't notice the Guardians actors until Dave Bautista appeared on-screen.
>>
>>94464165
Taserface was a stupid name mainly because it was a 5 year old who gave that character that name.

But Gunn overdid that joke.
>>
>>94466979
>Stan-Lee
>despite having absolutely nothing to do with the Guardians
Englehart would've been a better choice but whatevs.
>>
>>94465049
Wait, when did Carol and Ronan bro it up?
>>
>>94466421
How strange, Ronan most memorable scene for me is when he gets his black paint and smashes that guys head in while talking about his vengence.
>>
>>94467046
Yes.

The writer.

Bendis.
>>
>>94466921
Stark has erased the memories of people worldwide TWICE, Reed was part of the Civil War junta that created the horrific negative zone prison. Neither gets half the shit Hank gets. Hell, a writer even had the future FF show up to lovingly suck Reed's rubber cock and assure him (post civil war) that he could do no wrong.
>>
>>94467299
>nd smashes that guys head in while talking about his vengence.
That was the Thanos' scene.
> "The only matter I do not take seriously, boy, is you"
>>
>>94463416
They also fucked him over with the Thanos scene.
>>
>>94467307
As in, Brian Michael Bendis? Woah
>>
>>94463494
>Edgar Wright walked away from Ant-Man.
I'm glad he did. The shit he wanted sounded retarded
>>
>>94467275
Infinity
>>
>>94466421
His intro scene is him literally bathing in Xandarian blood.
>>
>>94467342
He didn't particularly want that scene because it made Ronan feel lesser, but felt being allowed to kill The Other after "The Avengers" made him out to be a big deal was a good enough compromise.
>>
>>94467026
Both were on Thor 2 originally. Then Markus mcfeely came in. Then finally whedon. They made a boring movie out of a really big mess. Then both Kyle and Yost were brought back for the original treatment of Thor 3 before taika signed on and were replaced again prior to filming.
>>
>>94466854
I liked that the film ended with him reconciling with his ex-wife and her new husband, without pulling the typical "gets back with the ex-wife because the new husband turns out to be a total douche," which was apparently where Wright was going to take it.
>>
>>94468021
Jesus. Those two are grwat writers, why does Marvel hate them?
>>
>>94464129
>muh power levels
>>
>>94468148
Hollywood has, let's say, an adversarial relationship to material it adapts into a movie. Studio suits think they always know better and can make anything into a trilogy or a cinematic universe or whatever the hype thing is now, then make little changes here and there for marketing, or to make it play in a certain demographic, etc etc, and then the movie's fucked and they go "Welp, the whole thing was a mess, I guess this kind of movie just isn't popular! Better make six more Adam Sandler movies!" As you can imagine, this leads creatives to be somewhat leery around film adaptations of things.

That said, they also know how to make a goddamn movie. Directors and screenwriters aren't the same as the idiots in suits that worry if something is too high-concept for middle america. Not knowing this, Marvel's internal guys (who as we've established are already the god-kings of bad ideas) are unnecessarily hostile to anyone involved in the filmmaking process that isn't "one of theirs" - what "one of theirs" means varies constantly. This is what creates the weird conflicts we hear about years after the fact on every movie.
>>
>>94468148
Most likely directors wanted to do their own thing. Thor 2 had the directorial change and the whole creative committee/ike perlmutter bullshit. They were picked for Thor 3 before winter soldier even hit theaters, final draft likely after GOTG 1 released. Then 1 year later an additional writer and taika joins the fray, months after the split from perlmutter. It happens and I would love to see their original script.
>>
>>94468341
Thing is K&Y have proven themselves to have range. They can do family friendly cause they wrote all the good stuff in EMH, it was Man Of Action who ruined everything. And they also worked on X-Men Evolution. Then when they went to comics they did the extremely violent X-Force. I'm pretty sure they could combine the two for a good movie
>>
>>94467338
Not that anon, but it was before that, where he smashes the Xandarian's head on his ship
>>
>>94466868
When I first saw the first GotG2 trailer, I had a mixed apathy and interest, until Drax started laughing. That was when I realized I would sit through five or more GotG's even if they're the exact same as the first movie as long as I got to see Bautista that happy. The guy seems to be enjoying the movie more than anyone and he's so genuine in his acting, it's 100% endearing.
>>
File: 1501214856442.png (1016KB, 1021x566px)
1501214856442.png
1016KB, 1021x566px
>>94466921
Hello fellow Pymfag. Are you ready for the movie synergy? Darn tootin you are!

I'm trying to make a list of the inevitable exorcism of Pym from Ultron. Because, you know, movies and all. Also I have a feeling they're going to try and change Janet totally again. She was a sociopath. Now shes a mother. So she will probably go back to lusting over Pym cock (even though they both work better as friends).

>Pym returns to be a father to Nadia which will lead to them not taking their medications and beating the shit out of Janet together
>>
File: jenna 9.jpg (30KB, 376x375px) Image search: [Google]
jenna 9.jpg
30KB, 376x375px
>no one in my theater audibly laughed during anything in GOTG 2 except for the Mary Poppins joke that was added in by Disney producers

There were some slightly uncomfortable moments while watching it due to how quiet the theater was.
>>
>>94468133
yeah the new husband getting over his beef with Scott and them reconciling was a nice end
>>
>>94469719
Your crowd sounds lame, mine was laughing at a bunch of stuff, although stuff like the penis joke didn't get that many laughs and did feel a bit uncomfortable like you describe.
>>
>>94464090

This, honestly.
>>
File: 1497922347536.png (216KB, 600x449px) Image search: [Google]
1497922347536.png
216KB, 600x449px
>Marvel gave me total creative control
PROVEN WRONG
>The Guardians won't be in Infinity War
PROVEN WRONG AGAIN

God I hate this lying cunt. I know he's only doing it because Marvel are giving him a big fat pay check and it's unprofessional to talk shit/negatively about your employer, but God damn.
>>
>>94469719
>except for the Mary Poppins joke that was added in by Disney producers

It was an adlib.
>>
>>94464936

>Baby Groot getting Yondu's fin

Shit, I guess I have shit taste because I loved that part.
>>
>>94469656
Nah. Marvel made the movie version far away from comics to avoid pymslap controversy. No way they try to make them similar now.
>>
>>94467299
>sleeps in a pool of liquid
>gets bathed by servants
>smashes guy's head in
>the blood pools into the pool he was sleeping in
That was badass
>>
>>94466496

Wow, that actually pretty awesome.
>>
>>94468133
Not just reconciling but actively moving forwards together on good terms, so that Cassie gets the best life that she possibly can.
I thought it was pretty big of the film to take that direction, because you don't see that in media too often
>>
>>94469943
Same, I was bored until they got to the Ravagers ship
>>
>>94469961
They don't give a shit about Pymslap just like the Teen Titans cartoons don't care about Doctor Light raping people.

Comic shit is usually important only to comic nerds.
>>
>>94465645
>but seeing his work being put out every month as someone else's.
you said it was the artist's work, not Gunn's
>>
>>94470031
Unfortunately Pym is an entirely different bag. For some reason it has become the center of his character.
>>
>>94469961
>>94470031
Don't think you guys know how comic media synergy usually works. Comic as a medium is a IP farm. They take the initial properties and do whatever they want with it. The thing is the movies and cartoons influence the comics and not the other way around. Especially when that specific movie is coming out.(Whor dying before Ragnorok comes out with promotional art showing Thor having his hammer back).

It is understandable since comics want to hop on the ride that is the wider audience the movies bring in.
>>
>>94463416
I remember how Bendis and Mcniven would gloat about working on the GotG movie. Bendis mentioned he was helping with the scrupt and Mcniven said he had submitted ideas for what the Guardians should wear.

Then at one point close to when the movie was goimg to come out, both went quiet and Bendis then talked about im an interview for his GotG comic hiw he was trying to distance his Guardians from the movie.

Not to mention Gunn has never touched a Bendis GotG comic, and Bendis is the only GotG writer Gunn doesn't give special thanks in vol 2.

Even Nicole Perlman was asked in an interview if she had read Bendis' GotG run and if he was helping them with the GotG movie, she basically said she hadn't read it and that she didn't know what Bendis did but that he had probably read the movie script since he had access to them.

No wonder he dropped out of Guardians, he didn't get the glory and recognition he wanted, Gunm didn't reinvent the franchise based om his comics, and no one liked his shitty run or cared about it.
>>
>>94470181
>>94470207
You guys, normies don't care and I doubt most of the people who watched Ant-Man knew Hank slapped Jan im the 60's.

They made Hank and old guy and Jan was dead because Edgar Wright made his original script like that and he wanted to focus on Scott and a do a story about a Scott.

Hank being old and affected by Pym particles is just an excuse for him not to use the suit and for him not to overshadow Scott.

Not to mention if they really wanted to distance Hank from the Pymslap they would have toned down his obvious anger issues and him decking that one guy and Cross.
>>
>>94470207
So far the comics aren't synergizing Hank with movie Hank and I doubt they ever will.
>>
>>94466102
I really liked that though. I wish he were given more to do, but the idea was that Drax had just started understanding the sheer concept of humor in the first movie, and by the time a couple months have passed, he is completely incapable of taking things seriously. I think it works.
>>
>>94469895
He never said the Guardians would not be in Infinity War.
>>
>>94470503
Don't kid yourself. If any normies know aboutPym it's cause he slapped Jan. The movie made him an ass kicker who slams peoples heads into desks to give us pymfags something to love
>>
File: Fuck yeah dude.gif (3MB, 540x230px) Image search: [Google]
Fuck yeah dude.gif
3MB, 540x230px
>>94470371
>Not to mention Gunn has never touched a Bendis GotG comic

He also forbade any of the cast from reading what Bendis was doing.

The very short minute of "hollywood" that Bendis was part of makes me fucking laugh. He became so fucking full of himself during that time. He was on a committee for these BIG movies, had a TV show based on his comic, was "in talks" for more writing and producing gigs down the road...

and then he's kicked off the committee, his show bombs and is scrapped, and every offer he received went nowhere. Now he's just a fucking comic book writer who got a small glimpse of what he thinks was a way out. It's fucking obvious he doesn't care for comics anymore. But he's stuck.

So fuck him.
>>
File: spiderbat vs superdance.jpg (480KB, 874x2577px) Image search: [Google]
spiderbat vs superdance.jpg
480KB, 874x2577px
>>94466496
>>
>>94469719
I watched it the day before it premiered and people in the theater were laughing a lot.
I remember the first burst of laugh was the "wanna buy some batteries" bit.
>>
>>94463947
But the Falcon fight was fun.
>>
>>94469943
>>94469943
The joke itself wasn't that bad but it went for far too long.
>>
>>94467206
i concur, the only time it was actually funny is when he said it before he died. but even then the setup to the joke wasnt funny
>>
Marvel Studios movies are made by people who love Marvel characters.

Marvel comics are made by people who hate Marvel characters.
>>
>>94470371
>but that he had probably read the movie script since he had access to them.
Remember how the very first issue of Bendis' Guardians was Peter looking for vengeance against the Badoon?
Well guess what, the Badoon were initially the alien race under Ronan, in fact they were featured in early Guardians scripts until Gunn was told their movie rights belonged to Fox.
>>
>>94471148
>Marvel comics are made by people who hate people who love Marvel characters.
ftfy
>>
File: 6cf.png (361KB, 858x725px) Image search: [Google]
6cf.png
361KB, 858x725px
>>94466921
>Rage of Ultron
im still fucking salty about age of ultron.
all you had to do to fix that movie was adding an R to the title.
its the mentality of the writer that fucked up that movie.
whats this movie about?
RAGE of ultron not Age of ultron
FOR FUCKS SAKE ultron is a pissed off robot not a quip machine. fuck whedon.
>>
>>94471277
It'd make a lot more sense too considering Ultron was upset with the Avengers themselves.

But instead you get 3 days of Ultron jokes.
>>
>>94471277
He's talking about Rage of Ultron, the comic. dumb frogposter
>>
>>94471342
ultron shouldve been pissed he born to be shackled protecting fragile things that kill themselves with shit like war. humans dont make sense and it drives him mad. instead i have no clue still what ultrons motivation was.
>>
>>94471474
>instead i have no clue still what ultrons motivation was
Daddy issues. That's it
>>
>>94471467
no shit fuckwad, but the title made me think about the movie and this thread is about marvel movies. so why dont you be a little less autistic and let the conversation of this thread flow naturally
>>
>>94471506
>>94471474
Actually it was
>Humans are obsolete, time to upgrade!
>>
>>94471589
Nah, that's just what he used to justify the fact that he was having a tantrum because daddy didn't love him
>>
>>94471648
you know what im happy about? russos say that thanos is gonna the main char for infinity war. age of ultron shouldvr been that. the movie is about ultron and the avengers are the side chars
>>
>>94471648
Your headcanon =/= canon

Ultron's beef was with humanity as a whole not only Tony Stark.
>>
>>94471733
>headcanon
What a stupid fucking term. It's analysis of the film.
>>
File: 1405960647042.jpg (202KB, 1012x1500px)
1405960647042.jpg
202KB, 1012x1500px
Here's a round-up of scrapped ideas for the MCU over the years.

Iron Man

>The Mandarin as a corrupt Chinese businessman who led the 10 Rings and created the Crimson Dynamo armor to fight Iron Man. Obadiah Stane is Stark's estranged mentor, whose descent into villainy would be explored over several movies.

>Stark throws Stane into a vat of acid rather than have him caught in an explosion. When the armor is retrieved, Stane's body is gone, indicating he might have survived.

>Stark fights Stane in the prototype Mark IV armor, which includes a shoulder-mounted gattling gun and would later become the War Machine armor.

Iron Man 2

>Justin Hammer is older and competent, manipulating brothers Ivan Vanko and Boris Bullsky into targeting Tony Stark in order to steal the Iron Man technology. Vanko dies during a fight with Stark in Monaco, and Bullsky becomes the Titanium Man to avenge him.

>Stark develops a relationship with Black Widow.

>Hawkeye as a SHIELD operative undercover as a mercenary employed by Hammer.

Iron Man 3

>The original plan was for the Mandarin to be the main villain, before Shane Black pitched the concept of the Mandarin being a smokescreen for the real mastermind.

>Maya Hansen as the real Mandarin.

>China creates their own Iron Men, and Stark joins forces with Dr. Chen Wu, whose family was kidnapped by the 10 Rings, to stop the Mandarin.

>Killian uses Extremis-enhanced pheromones to seduce Pepper, records their sexual encounter and broadcasts it nationwide to taunt Stark.
>>
>>94471951
that movie gave me an analcyst from anazlyzing it. it would explain my butthurt :^)
>>
>>94471951
>hurr daddy issues was the sole reason why ultron was evil!!!!
No, headcanon applies here perfectly.
>>
>>94472010
>we could have had more Jeff Bridges
We're in the wrong timeline
>>
>>94472029
It's absolutely his driving motivation. The fact that he saw humans as inferior was directly caused by his enmity towards the Avengers, Stark in particular.
>>
File: 1427229000870.jpg (284KB, 1012x1500px)
1427229000870.jpg
284KB, 1012x1500px
Thor

>Sif and Heimdall are siblings.

>Balder and Valkyrie show up.

Thor: The Dark World

>Malekith wants revenge for the death of his family at the hands of Thor's grandfather, Bors.

>Thor clashes with Asgardian commander Tyr, who advocates for the extermination of the Dark Elves.

>Genuine love triangle between Thor, Jane and Sif.
>>
>>94472120
>he saw humans as inferior was directly caused by his enmity towards the Avengers
You are aware you're agreeing with my point right?
>>
>>94472146
wasnt whedon brought in to "fix" thor 2? i was really hoping for a darker thor. these plot points are legit. shit missing from the movie.
did whedon fuck this up too?
what cuck if true.
rhyming is fun like pottery
>>
>>94472184
No, I'm not. You're saying that his motivation was that he saw humans as inferior. It wasn't. His motivation was his hatred of Tony Stark and the Avengers.
His opinions of mankind were formed BECAUSE of this underlying motivation.
>>
File: 1460865395494.jpg (458KB, 864x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1460865395494.jpg
458KB, 864x1280px
Captain America: The First Avenger

>Early drafts featured Baron Heinrich Zemo and Baron Wolfgang Von Strucker in supporting roles as high-ranking members of Hydra, but the writers believed they should be saved for more prominent roles in future movies.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

Sharon Carter as Captain America's partner.

>Hawkeye is deployed to capture Captain America after he escapes from the Triskelion, leading to a fight in an abandoned warehouse that ends with Hawkeye being defeated and secretly helping Captain America to escape.

>Arnim Zola surviving the bunker's explosion by escaping in a robotic body.

Captain America: Civil War

>Vision on Captain America's team and Ant-Man and Wasp on Iron Man's team.

>In early drafts, Spider-Man had a larger role and Prince T'Challa had a minor role. When the deal between Marvel Studios and Sony Pictures initially failed, T'Challa's role was expanded, including his transformation into Black Panther. Marvel and Sony later reached an agreement and Spider-Man was reinserted in the script in a smaller role.

>Producers initially feared that Giant-Man wouldn't be taken seriously by the audienced and demanded him to be removed from the script. An alternative version featured the Scarlet Witch telekinetically blowing up an underground pipeline to create a diversion for Captain America and Winter Soldier to escape, but the Russos were ultimately able to convince the studio to have Giant-Man in the movie.

>During the period where Iron Man was unavailable, the Russos mapped out an alternative third act centered on Baron Zemo searching for a biological weapon known as "Madbomb", which compels people into murderous rampages.
>>
>>94472146
It fucking infuriates me that we could have gotten good Thor movies
>>
File: 1406964451692.jpg (223KB, 1013x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1406964451692.jpg
223KB, 1013x1500px
The Incredible Hulk

>The Hulk would originally decapitate the Abomination, but this was changed due to negative feedback from test-screenings.

>Norton was a fan of THE WIRE and added a subplot about a man, played by Michael K. Williams, who reaches out to the Hulk during the Battle of Harlem to stop the destruction. The subplot was almost entirely cut and Williams' role reduced to a cameo.

>Norton also added an extended comedic sequence where Banner interacts with a computer geek while trying to retrieve data from the university. Seth Rogen, Jonah Hill and Jason Segel, among others, were approached to make an appearance as the computer geek before the scene was nearly entirely scrapped and the geek reduced to a cameo, played by Martin Starr.
>>
>>94471474
to create beings that are more evolved than some others or to help some beings become more evolved.

it's the same schtick some other big powerful Marvel characters do for some reason. some of them don't seem to have a very compelling reason besides 'scientific' curiosity.
>>
>>94472242
>You're saying that his motivation was that he saw humans as inferior.
>The fact that he saw humans as inferior was directly caused by his enmity towards the Avengers
Literally what you said. So, which is it, dumbfuck?

And to clear it all Stark played a part, yes, but Ultron went onto wanting to replace humanity after he googled its story. His differences with Stark were a side plate to his human-annihilation boner.
>>
>>94472235
Whedon punched up the dialogue and added Loki scenes.

Both improvements but not things that could solve the problems that movie had at it's core.
>>
>>94472259
>the writers believed Strucker and Zemo should be save for more prominent roles in future movies
Gee whiz I'm glad they did that
>>
File: vision vs warlock.jpg (931KB, 646x1996px) Image search: [Google]
vision vs warlock.jpg
931KB, 646x1996px
>>94472348
>>
File: 1460865462808.jpg (573KB, 1080x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1460865462808.jpg
573KB, 1080x1600px
The Avengers

>Zak Penn wrote the original script, which he revised multiple times to accomodate developments from other movies, but Whedon decide to write a new draft when he signed on for the movie. Penn's script featured the Avengers being assembled by SHIELD to fight Hulk, who had been brainwashed by Loki, before they join forces to defend the Earth from an invasion of the Frost Giants.

>Ant-Man and Wasp as members of the Avengers.

>The Skrulls as Loki's army.

Avengers: Age of Ultron.

>In early drafts, Ultron was modeled after Tony Stark's brain patterns, but the concept was scrapped from the movie.

>Early drafts also featured Abomination as Ultron's enforcer; Captain Marvel and Spider-Man as recruits for the New Avengers; Ultron invading Wakanda to steal Vibranium; and the Ultron drones combining to form a skyscrapper-sized Ultron for the final battle.

>Marvel originally planned to pair Black Widow and Hawkeye together, but Whedon preferred her with Bruce Banner.

>In early cuts, Banner would ultimately reject Black Widow, and she would trigger his transformation into the Hulk by lying about having never truly loved him.

>In early cuts, Thor's vision ended with Loki appearing to discuss the impending apocalypse, but this was cut as test-audiences mistakenly assumed it meant Loki was behind Ultron's sentiency.

>Whedon included Thor's investigation into the Infinity Stones at the behest of the studio, in exchange for keeping the visions and Hawkeye's farmhouse, which were both nearly cut. Test-audiences responded negatively, however, and it was almost entirely cut from the movie.

>An alternative ending where Quicksilver survives and joins the New Avengers was shot should the studio decide not to kill a long-running character.
>>
>>94472565

>The Skrulls as Loki's army.

This must've been scrapped real late in development; the Chitari are dead ringers for Skrulls.
>>
File: 1499388957311.jpg (439KB, 1080x1600px)
1499388957311.jpg
439KB, 1080x1600px
Guardians of the Galaxy

>Nicole Perlman wrote the first - and very different - draft of the script: Star-Lord was an U.S. pilot who is accidentally jettsioned to another galaxy in a military experiment gone wrong and joins forces with a group of intergalactic outlaws to stop the Badoon from conquering the galaxy.

>Early drafts featured Richard Rider joining the Nova Corps and developing a feud turned friendship with Star-Lord, but Gunn scrapped the concept in order to streamline the narrative.

>Early drafts featured Bug as a member of the team; appearances by Adam Warlock and ROM; and included the Badoon as Ronan's army and the Spartoi as the Krees' lifelong enemies.

>Early cuts featured ELO's "Living Thing" and Norman Greenbaum's "Spirit in the Sky".

>Early cuts featured Stan Lee as one of the items in the Collector's inventory, but it was cut for being too meta.

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

>Early drafts included the Nova Empire. John C. Reilly and Glenn Close were approached to return as Daenerian Rhoman Dey and Nova Prime Irani Rael, but Reilly was unavailable due to scheduling conflicts, and was ultimately written out alongside Rael.

>Early drafts included the Collector, but Benicio Del Toro couldn't return to scheduling conflicts.

>Early drafts featured Adam Warlock as the Sovereigns' secret weapon, but the character was ultimately cut as he was superfluous to the narrative.

>Early cuts featured a longer segment on Earth including cameo appearances from Nathan Fillion as fictional actor Simon Williams and Gregg Henry as Grandpa Quill in a scene filled with Easter Eggs but both were ultimately cut from the movie.

>Early cuts featured a sixth post-credits scene in which Gamora and Mantis hearing the screams of one of the Ravagers who were pierced by Yondu's arrow and has presumably been forgotten and screaming in agony throughout the third act of the movie. This was deleted as test-audiences didn't get the joke.
>>
>>94471520
really dumb frogposter
>>
>>94472623
>Star-Lord was an U.S. pilot who is accidentally jettsioned to another galaxy in a military experiment gone wrong
I should rewatch Farscape
>>
>>94472010

>Killian uses Extremis-enhanced pheromones to seduce Pepper, records their sexual encounter and broadcasts it nationwide to taunt Stark.

The fuck were they thinking?
>>
>>94472565
>An alternative ending where Quicksilver survives
Yep, definitely the wrong timeline
>>
File: 1499389763110.jpg (434KB, 1050x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1499389763110.jpg
434KB, 1050x1500px
Ant-Man

>Edgar Wright wanted a highly stylized, completely standalone movie, and rejected the revisions demanded by the studio.

>Wright's draft featured Scott Lang as a petty crook who's been arrested several times; Hank Pym as a mad scientist driven by ego; a love triangle between Scott, his ex-wife Maggie and his childhood friend Paxton; Darren Cross becoming the Nano Warrior; and minor roles for Hope Van Dyne and Scott's crew, which was comprised by eight criminals.

>Reed's revisions added Yellowjacket; the Quantum Realm; Hope, Luis, Kurt and Dave being prominent characters; Maggie and Paxton being minor characters; and Scott fighting the Falcon.

>Early drafts featured Alexander Pierce as one of the SHIELD agents present when Pym leaves the organization in the 1980's; and Armin Zola - in a robotic body - as Hydra's representative in procuring the Yellowjacket from Cross.

>Early cuts featured a prologue set in 1989, with a young Pym retrieving stolen data from a military compound in Cuba. Jordi Molla was cast as the compound's leader, General Castillo, but his scenes were cut.

>Early cuts featured Lang retrieving the stolen Cross Particles from HYDRA operative Mitchell Carson, but this was cut, leaving the plot thread available for a sequel.

Doctor Strange

>In early drafts, the Ancient One was a Asian man and Wong was not featured.

>Early drafts revealed that Strange went through the loop thousands of times before Dormammu decided to accept his bargain, and that he remembers each and every time he died.

>Early cuts featured a subplot about Strange's sister, Donna, who falls into a river while they're playing together and drowns despite his attempts to save her, motivating Strange to study medicine. Lulu Wilson played Donna, but all of her scenes were cut.

>Early cuts had a slightly darker tone that didn't ressonate very well with test-audiences. Dan Harmon was then hired to revise the script and more lighthearted beats were added in reshoots.
>>
>>94472310
>>Norton was a fan of THE WIRE and added a subplot about a man, played by Michael K. Williams, who reaches out to the Hulk during the Battle of Harlem to stop the destruction. The subplot was almost entirely cut and Williams' role reduced to a cameo.
>>Norton also added an extended comedic sequence where Banner interacts with a computer geek while trying to retrieve data from the university. Seth Rogen, Jonah Hill and Jason Segel, among others, were approached to make an appearance as the computer geek before the scene was nearly entirely scrapped and the geek reduced to a cameo, played by Martin Starr.

Edward. C'mon.
>>
>>94472668
www.collider.com/guardians-of-the-galaxy-overrated-farscape/
>>
>>94463947
There was the whole Hank Pym used to work for SHIELD thing, including the flashback.
>>
>>94472348
>Iron Monger
Sell guns to criminals
>Ross
Sell hulks to the army
>Red Skull
Nazis
>Loki
Want daddy to notice him/the throne
>Avengers
I guess the same one? revenge on thor? God Avengers is so forgettable.
>Hammer
Sell supersuits to the army
>Malekith
Take over Asgard
>Winter Soldier
Brainwashed
>Ronan
Destroy Xandar
>Ultron
Destroy humans
>Cross
Sell supersuits to the army, then hydra
>Stark/Zemo/Cap
Muh fuck ups/muh family/muh bucky
>Kaecilius/Dormammu
Take over the universe
>Ego
Take over the universe
>Vulture
sell guns to criminals

You're wrong.
>>
>>94472470
>the Ultron drones combining to form a skyscrapper-sized Ultron for the final battle.

god has forsaken us
>>
>>94472646
congrats on that witty and clever reparte
you really showed him what for with your response
>>
>>94472259
>An alternative version featured the Scarlet Witch telekinetically blowing up an underground pipeline to create a diversion
That is some shitty diversion, glad they went with Giant-Man
>>
>>94472565
>Penn's script featured the Avengers being assembled by SHIELD to fight Hulk, who had been brainwashed by Loki, before they join forces to defend the Earth from an invasion of the Frost Giants.
That's a lot better than "Natasha takes him home", not to mention comic accurate.
>>
>>94472623
>Early drafts featured Richard Rider joining the Nova Corps and developing a feud turned friendship with Star-Lord, but Gunn scrapped the concept in order to streamline the narrative.
Good.

I want Rich to be Star-Lord's fuccboi like Peter is to Tony.
>>
>>94472010
>Stark develops a relationship with Black Widow.
Really? Even if it was Emily Blunt that's still an 18 year gap.
>>
>>94472565
>Black Widow and Hawkeye together, but Whedon preferred her with Bruce Banner
damn it whedon
>>
>>94472990
>Emily Blunt
i reallllly wish she was black widow. and black widow actually had a russian accent.
>>
>>94464819

According to Wright he was in charge of reading Save The Cat and complaining that Wright's script wasn't like the hypothetical script Blake Snyder laid out in that book.
>>
>>94472745
I hate how Dr. Strange turned out so bland. I mean it's fine I enjoyed it, but I'd be lying if I didn't say I was disappointed.
I specially detest the magic-fu shit.
>>
>>94472990
>Really? Even if it was Emily Blunt that's still an 18 year gap.

18 years isn't a big deal unless one of the people is 18 years old
>>
>>94473042
I knew they cast someone who can actually act as Black Widow, but that's not as marketable.
>>
>>94473399
Are you implying ScarJo can act?
>>
Any one else feel like they basically set up Rocket as being the first one to die in Infinity War?
>>
>>94473678
>Any one else feel like they basically set up Nebula as being the first one to die in Infinity War?
ftfy*
>>
>>94473807
It's both, desu.
Rocket's whole arc in GotG2 was him understanding that he just wants people who legitimately care about him. The ending of the movie was him even wondering if anyone would give a shit about him dying like the Ravengers did about Yondu dying.
>>
>>94472823
I'm talking about characters in the comics. There are a few characters that try to get beings to evolve and change. There are also many who try to do the related concept of making super advanced robots or artificial consciousnesses.

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Celestials_(Race)
http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Herbert_Wyndham_(Earth-616)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enclave_%28comics%29
http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Vyrra_%28Earth-616%29
http://marvunapp.com/Appendix/genetx.htm
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Savage_Land
>>
>>94474013
>comparing movies to the comics
You'd be wrong regardless because the majority of Marvel villains are in for the money or to take over the world/universe/throne/whatever.
>>
>>94473901
Rocket is not dying, he's way too popular for that and unlike actors they don't have to worry to resign "him", even if he does it will be a temporary death and part of a larger hero slaughter.
>>
When did this committee cease to exist? Has there been a good Marvel movie since the committee disbanded tho?
>>
>>94474104
Well, I'm fully expecting them to kill a bunch of the heroes in the first Infinity Wars movie only to bring them back in the second one; I'm just saying that he's the one who's going to be killed first.
>>
>>94463494
>>94463887
>>94464024

People always seem to take pity on Wright, but Marvel gave him like 10 years to make his movie. Was he really surprised that things were different by the time he finally got around to making the thing?

And if it's true that it was just the Howard Stark shit that pissed him off, then he can suck a dick.
>>
>>94466994
Bendis actually knows a good bit about continuity and has shown it when he wants to.

He just doesn't care and he ignores it when he feels like it.
>>
>>94474163
I don't think they'll even kill anyone in first Infinity War.
>>
>>94474144
Spider-man was good. GotG 2 was good. So at the very least you have 2 good movies from this year alone that were good.

And Ragnarok looks like it'll be even better than both of those desu.
>>
>>94474163
Maybe, Rocket is popular with the fans so it'd definitely add more shock than killing Rhodey or Hawkeye first.

Mantis should be one of the first to go though, she can force an eternal to sleep, though they might handwave it as Ego being too accustomed to the trick and therefore being more susceptible to Mantis powers.
>>
>>94474278
If they don't, then I really wish they had gone with the Thanos story where they turned him into stone at the end instead of Infinity Gauntlet.
>>
>>94474223
The main problem with Edgar is that he didn't want to play the shared universe and since he's stubborn as fuck it just didn't work for Marvel.
>>
>>94474278
I'm hoping the movie will end with the snap.
>>
>>94474334
Sure, but he had PLENTY of time to do that. He was working on Ant-man even before Iron Man came out. And from all reports, there were even a few years after IM came out that he could've made Ant-man standalone and it would've been okay.

But can he really be surprised when major studio changes their minds about a project when he sits on his hands for a fucking decade?
>>
>>94474384
>But can he really be surprised when major studio changes their minds about a project
I'm pretty sure Marvel's intent was always to incorporate Wright's Ant-man into the MCU they just let him take his time in hopes he'd reconsider and finally accept the idea of a shared universe, but alas he didn't want to play ball so they dropped it on him and he decided to walk out.

I'm just trying to make sense as to why he worked on a project for so long when it was clear the core problem wouldn't change.
>>
>>94464090
Agreed.
>>
>>94474484
He was attached to the project as early as 2003, WAY before there was ever an MCU.

Public announcements were made in 2013 that the script was being changed to update the script to fit in the MCU. Because, BIG SURPRISE! Marvel wanted the movie to fit in the MCU more.

The more I read about the whole process, the more I think that Wright's version was kind of shit. I don't dislike Wright's movies by any means, but either A) it was terrible or B) he was just a prick and got angry that Marvel wanted control over their property, even after giving him all the time in the world to make the movie.

And ultimately, I don't care, because the final result was still fantastic.
>>
>>94474638
>He was attached to the project as early as 2003, WAY before there was ever an MCU.
Oh, damn I didn't have knowledge of this.
Wright sure dropped the ball here.
>>
>>94472146
>>Malekith wants revenge for the death of his family at the hands of Thor's grandfather, Bors.

and with a single sentence its already better than TDW ever was
>>
>>94474369
Now then
>Thanos puts on the gauntlet as the music swells
Let's begin
>screen goes black
>music stops
>snap
>>
>>94474707
Exactly. Marvel wasn't in a rush at first, so they let him go and make At The World's End or whatever the fuck the 3rd Cornetto movie was called. They said "come back whenever you want."

Well, 10 years went by and the word "Marvel" started to carry a bunch of weight. And, surprise surprise, they wanted to use this Ant-man movie they had a bunch of pre-production done for. They still gave him all the time he could want until it had finally been to long and they said fuck off we're making this movie.

Everything about Wright "getting kicked off" was his whole fault.
>>
>>94474707
The 10 years thing is misleading though, even Wright has admitted he only spent about a year working on Ant Man, the rest of the time it was a shelved project waiting in the background while he made his other movies.
>>
>>94474013
Whedon basically used Strucker as a stand in for the High Evolutionary.
>>
>>94469719
Mexicana anon here.

The most uncomfortable moment in the theater was the taserface scene where rocket is laughing at him. The dub did not translate taserface name and that scene played for too long. It was a bunch of lunatics laughing at a stupid name but spanish speaking people have no idea what the fuck taserface means and why it's stupid so they are left out of the joke.
>>
>>94474291
At 100 minutes, Thor Ragnarok is going to be very slight, though
>>
>>94474874
That's his own fault though. Marvel was already nicer than they needed to be by letting him wait that long.
>>
>>94474975
Mexican anon here.

La gente en mi cine se reia de todas formas. En especial cuando le llama "cara de escroto"
>>
>>94464817
A mildly chuckle worthy joke ran into the ground is still 100 times better than anything Bendis has ever written.
>>
But GotG > GotG2
So may be the committee knew what they were talking about.
>>
>>94467370
yeah.
Bendis. Brian michael.
>>
>>94467026
>Or was that Yost that they did that too? Those two work together so often i forget
it was Yost, but they fuck over Yost on a daily basis almost.
>>
I haven't read many Ronan stories, which ones should I check out?
>>
>>94474334

Look I have nothing but respect for the auteur design, but he should have known what he was getting into. He wants to make his own movie his own way? Fine. But do it on his own dime with his own backers.

You don't agree to work for someone then cry like a bitch when they tell you what they're paying you for.
>>
>>94475096
Oh, I forgot that bit. But seriously, they kept repeating taserface name and running the joke into the ground that it got cringy.

That's the one scene I didn't like.
>>
>>94466081
Jeunet is absolutely part of the problem there.
>>
>>94475256
Kree-Skrull war and the Annihilation saga. Hickman's Fantastic Four if you're interested on his marriage with Crystal, after that nothing because Black Vortex is shit.
>>
>>94475393
Fuck Hickman's FF. Realm of Kings is better for the Crystal and Ronan marriage
>>
>>94475326
>That's the one scene I didn't like.
Yeah, I also think it was really forced and went on for too long, same with Groot looking for Yondu's fin.
Aside of that the Ravager's scene was pretty fucking brutal from beginning to end.
>a dead eyed Yondu watching as his crew get killed
>taserface rubbing it off on his face
>baby groot bullying
>yondu not having rocket's bullshit
>"they killed my friends"
>the ravagers get slaughtered by yondu and then rocket joins the fun and both of them start killing them at the tune of one of Pete's song
The movie took a complete turn after that scene.
>>
>>94475443
I know I was including that in the Annihilation Saga (Annihilation - Thanos Imperative + Nova and Guardians).
I included Hickman's FF because it also deals with stuff that happened there and it's pretty good on its own actually.
>>
>>94475443
>fuck the best run on these characters in more than 10 years
Oh... you're retarded.
>>
>>94466979
This is the best thing I've seen all day
>>
>>94475380

no way, he did the best he could. The core story was shit. We got some interesting elements and action scenes, bust mostly it seemed like what Wheddon is. Trying really hard to be a feminist and appeal to women.
>>
>>94472388

Wheddon is like Bryan Singer. Their talents aren't what they love. X-2 was great, but Bryan Singer isn't into X-men. Wheddon is good with Loki, but he doesn't care for the character too much.
>>
>>94477315
>Wheddon is good with Loki
His Loki is the worst.
>>
>>94474975
>mexicana
C D M X
D
M
X
>>
>>94472745

>Early drafts revealed that Strange went through the loop thousands of times before Dormammu decided to accept his bargain, and that he remembers each and every time he died.

That sequence is not inherently linear in the movie. For all we know, Strange did die thousands of times before Dormammu decided to accept the bargain.
>>
>>94470371
If only the same thing had happened to Suicide Squad, where it was an Ostrander-toned movie instead of whatever the fuck that New 52 mess was.
>>
>>94472745
>hank going nuts because of his inferiority complex
That's our Hank.
Wish the Wright movie had happened.
>>
>>94477315
>Wheddon is good with Loki
Wheddon literally admit he had no idea how to deal with the Thor 1 Loki so he just made him a generic villain.
>>
>>94479752
> Thor 1 Loki is ambivalent and constantly shifts according to the situation surrounding him.

Whedon does not understand a character who constantly adapts and is not static?
>>
How do we fix the test audience?
>>
>>94466081
This, Whedon is a prick
>>
>>94472745
>Dan Harmon
what why?
>>
>>94465981
>I'm sure he was put on the GotG book for the sole purpose of aping the movie to maximize synergy sales (if such a thing actually exists)
I'm almost sure he actively seeks being assigned synergy books to try to make a name, or at least some extra bucks for himself, and has been doing so since Dardevil.
>>
>>94467026
>Craig Kyle
>This is the only one of them who is actually good at their jobs.
I think that's probably Yost, and Kyle just brings in edgelord stuff.
>>
>>94466979
Alright, James Gunn is a genius
>>
>>94472623
>Early cuts featured ELO's "Living Thing" and Norman Greenbaum's "Spirit in the Sky".
So that's why "Spirit in the Sky" was in the trailer, but not the movie.

>Early cuts featured Stan Lee as one of the items in the Collector's inventory, but it was cut for being too meta.
That would have actually been too great.

>>94472146
I was thinking about Balder just the other day, watching the Ragnarok trailer. He should really be more prominent than Heimdall at some point.

>>94463416
So for whoever read the article, it wasn' his fault Ronan was so shit?
>>
>>94464936
>and does not ruin the tone with a joke.
I was so shocked by this. I'm so used to them trying to break up any sad bits with jokes that Yondu's funeral caught me off guard.
>>
>>94481032
>That would have actually been too great.
And it's really not that far from him boring the Watchers in the second one with his anecdotes about his guest appearances in other movies. In fact, it probably would've been less so unless they used the exact same joke.
>>
>>94481067
It would also have been more "normie"-friendly. I assume the average movie goer ha no damn clue as to what is a Watcher.
>>
>>94466979
james gunn is no shit the best example of the MCU as a concept working but it seems like marvel doesnt appreciate him at all given they havent tried to recreate his success with other directors
>>
>>94481520
i think its because he utilized a no name IP so execs had less to complain about. GOTG2 feels like it has more executive-meddling/committees.
>>
>>94467469
As in the recent (2013?) one?
>>
What are the chances of Thanos bringing back a mind controlled Ronan and him surviving and becoming an antihero?
>>
>>94481055
This actually happened because my father died last year, and every movie I've watched in theatre since then needs to make me almost-cry. You're welcome.
>>
>>94469361
Holy shit, this post is absolute cringe.
>>
>>94482652

Ah, sweet child of summer.
>>
>>94463494
>Edgar Wright in Ant-Man

We dodged a bullet there
>>
File: IMG_2569.jpg (155KB, 923x465px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2569.jpg
155KB, 923x465px
>>94465396
I REALLY didn't like the Black Widow sterilisation scene. Literally killed any attraction or interest in that character. If I can't rape and impregnate Black Widow, and neither can her enemies, then what is the point of her exactly? May as well have a cute trap on the team.
>>
>>94475539
>Hickmanfags actually believe this
>>
>>94469943
It was too fucking loooooooooooooong
>>
>>94463416
This is hilarious. What the fuck did they expect?
>>
>>94483403
>implying it's wrong
What F4 run of the last decade has been better? Hickman is undoubtedly the best since Waid.
>>
>>94472259
>Producers trying to erase one of the best scenes of Civil War
>>
>>94472310
wait

i dont remember martin star in hulk and i cant find a clip on youtube, what happened?

so is he the first person to play someone different in the same MCU universe or did they all just forget he was in hulk?

or is he the same character in spiderman as teh teacher?
>>
>>94470207
>Whor
Kek
>>
>>94469895
You know everyone hates you, right?
>>
>>94478951
I was under the impression that that's what happened
>>
>>94472565
>Avengers being assembled by SHIELD to fight Hulk, who had been brainwashed by Loki
And this is less convoluted than what actually happens in the movie.
>>
>>94463416
So, how long before Pratt starts dating J-Law and she gets shoehorned into these flicks?
>>
>>94483481
JMS and Mark Millar
>>
>>94483864
Pratt doesn't seem to stand her very much
>>
>>94483883
>Millar F4
>better than Hickman
Wow, you really are retarded
>>
>>94483958
>Hickman F4
>good F4
And I'm the retarded one
>>
>>94467206
Really? That's kinda shitty what if that kid as an adult was in the audience?
>>
>>94483900
Well, he just separated from his wife. Maybe just a little hatefuck?
>>
File: IMG_2017.gif (1MB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2017.gif
1MB, 360x270px
>>94483864
>Pratt dating the bitch who joked about a story where she massively disrespected ancient Hawaiian culture on live TV
>Marvel using an actor featured heavily in X-Men
>>
>>94467248
Marvel only rarely acknowledges their other creators just look at all the casuals who still don't know who Kirby is.
>>
>>94484061
That kid is Jim Valentino's son, Aaron Valentino and he was in the vol 2 thank you credits along with his dad.

Anyway this is what Valentino has to say about Taserface

>Actually my son, Aaron, who was five at the time, came up with the name. He kept talking about this character, Taserface, all the time. I thought the name was kind of lame, so I changed it for his second appearance, but it was no worse than Pruneface, Clayface, Two-Face or any other character with the word face as part of their name…and Aaron was my boy, so, you know, I just had to do it for him.
>>
>>94483583

Pretty sure Martin Starr was who Banner gives his other Pizza too after Furigno.

Starr is in a computers lab with pizza and gives a friendly nod with his pizzas to Banner, who's seen using a computer in said lab.

Non speaking role. 2 second cameo
>>
>>94479581
God I really wanted Suicide Squad to be good.
>>
>>94484066
Pratt and Lawrence don't appear to like eachother very much at all. Plus she's dating Darren Aronofsky.

I doubt their separation has to do with cheating.
>>
>>94484080
>who is Josh Brolin
>>
>>94484080
>people actually cared about the rocks thing
Jesus Christ, we really do get offended about everything these days, don't we?
>>
>>94484066
Fuck he did? Fuuuck they looked like such a perfect couple, damn well I guess something happened there.

>>94463416
Evans told Faris that he would jump Pratt if their relationship didn't work out, he was obviously joking but he needs to live up to his word.

But seriously Evans is tight with Faris so I hope she and Pratt seperated in friendly terms because Evans and Pratt have good bro chemistry and that would suck if it was ruined.
>>
>>94484185
Someone that was in marvel before going to do xmen stuff
>>
>>94484241
Pratt is a bit of a conservative, ( he's religious and pro-army) and he lived in Hawaii for awhile so he might not have been offended of what she said but he probably thought she was a dumb bitch for saying it.
>>
>>94463416
so i see from this thread the chance to shit on bendis is enough to give even bleedingcool a pass
>>
>>94484247
Pratt and Faris broke up?
>>
>>94484337
since 14 hours ago
>>
>>94484291
And if Marvel didn't want him doing X-Men, they'd have put that in his contract.
>>
>>94484295
> he's religious and pro-army
You realize that's not what conservative means, right?
>>
>>94484360
If she's looking for a new fat hubby, i want to anounce that i am willing to carry that burden.
>>
>>94484013
What was so bad about Hickman's F4? It may have been a bit excessive on the Doomwank, but that's hardly uncommon in F4 writing.
>>
>>94484392
I forgot she was a chubby chaser. I'm throwing my hat in the ring.
>>
>>94468438
emh?
>>
>>94484473
Earths Mightiest Heroes. Just ignore it. EMH fans are the fucking worst and think it's the pinnacle of everything Avengers is.
>>
>>94484403
Much like most of Hickman's work it felt like it was written by someone who'd never read the comic they were writing
>>
>>94466979
>suddenly Guillermo from Jimmy Kimmel.
>>
>>94484578
>Hickman's never read Fantastic Four
u wot?
>>
>>94481667
>i think its because he utilized a no name IP so execs had less to complain about. GOTG2 feels like it has more executive-meddling/committees.
Baby Groot was Gunn's idea. He was worried that the bosses would consider that too strange for the movie.
>>
>>94472565
>In early drafts, Ultron was modeled after Tony Stark's brain patterns, but the concept was scrapped from the movie.

this would have been a lot of cooler, if they also gave ultron a more serious motivation. would have given more heft to tony's actions in civil war if he saw himself in ultron.
>>
>>94484729
He definitely read Mark Millar's run
>>
>>94483481
>>94483883
>hickman
>waid
>millar
>JMS
Damn, how long have they been trying to kill off the franchise again?!
>>
>>94464129
He fought Drax but thats it
>>
>>94484578
He's just one of those who can't get the idea that superheroes actually have morals in his head, somehow.

Also can't help but drag a storyline forever and shoot blanks in the end.
>>
>>94464600
How? The first is about briging the team together, the second is about them splitting up and going on seperate interconnected adventures. The first is about everyone chasing the infinity gem, the second is about Ego the Living Planet. I dont understand this complaint at all.
>>
>>94485165
I guess it was the humor and sacrifice at the end? I don't get it either.
>>
File: 2-900x892.png (136KB, 900x892px) Image search: [Google]
2-900x892.png
136KB, 900x892px
>>94484383
True but conservatives do hold those values more than liberals.

Pratt is also a hunter and pro 2nd amendment (owns about thirty or forty guns) who has criticized California gun laws, he also caused a mini shit storm because he criticized Hollywood about under-representing the average blue-collar worker.

He also mocked political correctness and when Jeremy Renner got shit for calling Black Widow a slut, Pratt put this in his facebook.
>>
>>94485105
Yeah, fucking Marvel hiring competent and popular writers.
>>
>>94463416
>This all sounds good in theory,
What? Is the writer for this article twelve? Since when has writing by committee ever sounded good in theory?
>>
Forget about Ronan. I want the series to move forward. There's so many characters rumored to be featured in future movies. It's certainly promising.
>>
>>94486381
And not using them instad of hacks!
>>
>>94466496
fund it
>>
>>94463416

I know he's a shitty character, but that voice and that look just does it for me. I am a shallow slut.
>>
>>94471277
You know what pissed me off about Age of Ultron? The underutilization of Thor. You're fighting robots. Why did nobody think "lightning god zap them". I mean you could have followed it up with it not doing anything and Ultron going "unfortunately for you I lightning proofed these drones" but at least address why the logical solution didn't work.
>>
Yeah, Ronan was easily the worst part of the first Guardians movie.
>>
>>94487839

It's really the same problem as Malekith. They didn't take five minutes to really put some more depth and background into who he is and who his people are.

We get minimal info on who the Kree are, even less on what a Kree Accuser is.
>>
>Chris Pratt reads Bendis GotG during first movie to prepare for the role
>Gunn tells him to stop reading

B A S E D
>>
File: GotG2_fanbase.png (13KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
GotG2_fanbase.png
13KB, 256x256px
> people that like GotG2
Thread posts: 315
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.