[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Depressingly mediocre shows

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: fb.jpg (93KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
fb.jpg
93KB, 1280x720px
I'd heard about this show somewhere and thought the premise actually sounded like a lot of fun - some kid from a Conan the barbarian style world of magic and evil sorcerers ends up here on earth and makes friends with some kid and the two fight monsters and shit. The artstyle is acceptable and some of the characters designs are even pretty cool.

The writing is lame as fuck though, even for a cartoon for kids and it makes the show just a bland snorefest to try and watch.

Golan the Insatiable (pilot season) did it better but even then it still wasn't great.
>>
>>94459520
>Depressingly mediocre shows
Just say all Canadian cartoons and call it a day, OP. The list is too long otherwise.
>>
>>94459547
Low quality bait.

Some favs are Clone High, The Brak Show, and Ed, Edd, and Eddy. Not sure if Apollo Gauntlet is actually Canadian, though it took some time to grow on me.
>>
>>94459597
>Not mentioning Whats with Andy
>>
>>94459597
>Brak show
????????? That's American
>>
>>94459620
Because I had no way of watching What's with Andy while growing up.
>>
>>94459597
Neither EE&E nor BS are Canadian shows, idiot.
And CH was a co-production, which was why it wasn't nearly as terrible as actual Canadian shit.
>>
>>94459620
Only the first season was good, when American screenwriters were involved. The second and third seasons only had Canadian writing, and they were basically unwatchable.
>>94459657
Nobody gives a flying fuck about what YOU PERSONALLY got or didn't get to watch, fag.
>>
>>94459520
Huh, this sounds extremely similar to SVTFOE. What makes this bad and Star good? Is it the waifu bait in SVTFOE? Or is it just better writing? Or a combinarion of both?
>>
There's already a thread about this, but the current Transformers cartoon. It's got moments when it almost reminds me of Animated or G1, in a good way, but then it reminds me it's not as good as either of those shows. It's nice to look at, but the action scenes are nothing to write home about. It's got fun characters, but they never really change or develop meaningfully. And worst of all, it clearly wants to just be an episodic adventure show, but they're obligated to do a half-assed overarching plot to tie into that year's toy gimmick.
>>
>>94459756
Canadian screenwriters lack talent. That's the entirety of the difference.
>>
File: Sammy the sad salmon dotn steal.jpg (53KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
Sammy the sad salmon dotn steal.jpg
53KB, 640x640px
>>94459756
Star's pretty fucking dull desu. If the main cast didn't give /co/ boners, it wouldn't be nearly as popular as it is now here.
>>
>>94459831
Still better than overrated trash like AT or SU tho.
>>
>>94459756
Star isn't great either man. People just care about the waifus (and a surprising number want to fuck the guy too but that's just normal /co/ degeneracy)

This show isn't that great though because it all feels kind of stilted and simple. I guess I shouldn't have expected much out of a kids cartoon but I love Conan and barbarian fantasy crap in general and had hoped that the premise would be fun.
>>
>>94459756

Star vs. has waifufags to keep it alive.
>>
File: 1318452589710.jpg (273KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1318452589710.jpg
273KB, 1920x1080px
>ginger main characters
how you can tell a show is going to be shit, prove me wrong
>>
File: Kim_possible_09.jpg (58KB, 216x222px) Image search: [Google]
Kim_possible_09.jpg
58KB, 216x222px
>>94460070
>prove me wrong
>>
>>94459918
It's really not. Not that those shows are good, just that Star isn't better than them at all.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.