[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are all these shows except for Daredevil so mediocre?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: DefendersBox.jpg (270KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
DefendersBox.jpg
270KB, 640x360px
Why are all these shows except for Daredevil so mediocre?
>>
Nobody wanted to make a superhero show except for the Daredevil crew.
>>
>>94457562
If they made them at least 3 episodes shorter it would've been fine. There's not enough material.
>>
>implying season 2 of Daredevil wasn't utter dogshit
>>
>>94457641
That I agree with. 10 is the perfect amount of episodes for a season of most TV shows.
>>
>>94457647
But the Punisher.
>>
>>94457562

"Making a superhero show" doesn't mean anything. It's one of those useless vague statements fans like to parrot without having to explain what it means.
>>
>>94457812
>b-but if you only watch scenes with a single character it's good
The fuck out of here
>>
I liked the second half of Luke Cage and Daredevil season 2.
>>
>>94457436
First half of Luke cage was awesome especially watching it with /co/
>>
DD season 2 fucking sucked outside of Frank
>>
>>94459225
I liked Diamondback but he had a crazy plot shield, like when he kills a room full of gang leaders and they just sit there and let him slaughter them.

Also Luke being out of commission for 3 episodes was lame
>>
Each season has devolved in quality

DD1 is kino
JJ is good, like a 7/10
DD2 was good at the start, then became mediocre-to-garbage
Luke Cage is boring AF
Iron Fist is AIDS

Following this trend, The Defenders will be Suicide Squad tier
>>
>>94459372
>JJ is good, like 7/10
You know that was mainly Purple Man and that drug addict guy's character arc. Almost every scene that involved JJ herself was just shit.

DD2 was okay, but for some reason they are pushing The Hand so hardcore. They should have kept King Pin as the villain and had Matt alternate between fighting the King Pin's dudes at night and helping people block King Pin's legal and financial attacks.

Luke Cage was great a lot of the time, I still pissed that they took the low road and had Misty and Luke hooking up, but the show was a really solid "Faux blacksploitation" show.

Iron Fist was terrible, and for none of the reasons the Asian community complained about. Should have had the guy who played Ken in the recent street fighter movie play Danny.
>>
JJ got good reviews because it pandered to social issues. Kilgraved people talked about their trauma even before they did anything wrong ("it's not your fault") and form a self-help group, there's a lesbian subplot that has nothing to do with the main story and Kilgrave's final stand should've been either at the diner (with the hostages) or at the club with Luke Cage.
>>
>>94459690
Jessica fighting a Kilgraved Luke Cage and realizing she can't win only to outsmart Kilgrave by flying over and tossing him through a window... That would have been awesome.
>>
>implying Luke Cage isn't far better than Daredevil
>>
>>94459690
>there's a lesbian subplot that has nothing to do with the main story
Are you serious? The lesbian lawyer drama and its conclusion were some of the best parts of the show for me. Would rather have had another episode's worth of Jessica Jones scenes? No, thanks.
>>
Daredevil 1 is great.
Didn't watch Jessica Jones.
Daredevil 2 first half is great with Punisher, didnt care for the hand plot.
Luke Cage first half was great with Cotton Mouth, got meh after.
Didnt watch Iron Fist
>>
>>94457436
I liked all of them
>>
Man I can't wait for the Punisher.
>>
Daredevil is more bad than good.
>>
>>94459339
Luke out of commission is the show's greatest sin. The beggining, all black mafia like, was actually good, and Diamondback was a wacky cool final boss, but not interesting as a character. Still, liked the show.
>>
>>94459225
The second half was definitely enjoyable, but holy shit was it more than a couple notches below what the first half of Luke Cage accomplished
>>
>>94457436
Daredevil is the best

The rest are just alright, with parts of them being really bad, or pretty damn good

Iron Fist is unfairly criticized
>>
Luce Cage could have been the best, but they fucked up the plot midway through.Instead of what they went with they should have

>not killed off Cottonmouth and let him be the main villain
>play a city of god type of contrast between the two of them
>have Cottonmouth find other ways to fight Cage since physically he can't
>cut Diamondback out of the plot or at least let him be some kind of muscle for Cottonmouth
>kill off Mariah and Shades as they serve no real purpose
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.