[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So why exactly does everyone shit on jerry exactly? Sure he may

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

File: image.gif (562KB, 480x264px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
562KB, 480x264px
So why exactly does everyone shit on jerry exactly? Sure he may be insecure and a bit idiotic at times but holy shit it's kinda ridiculous how much he's ridiculed and talked down to like an animal. Not to mention the fact that we have seen that Jerry would've just been fine without beth and the others to hold him down by being a director/actor and all. So why exactly all the jerry hate?
>>
>>94443737
the writers for season 3 are all hardcore female feminists and this season they're being especially vitriolic towards him because he's a straight white male.
>>
>>94443737
>Not to mention the fact that we have seen that Jerry would've just been fine without beth and the others to hold him down by being a director/actor and all
Did you miss the part of the episode where it was revealed that his career was starting to go down the shitter because he was miserable without Beth? (and vice versa)
>>
>>94444478
I always took that as more the Hollywood hard drug lifestyle finally getting to him than something that was the direct result of Beth not being around.
>>
He's the new meg.
>>
>>94443737
People hate him because he's the most realistic person on the show.
He's boring and he hates the unusual things that happen to him and his family.

Even when Beth and Summer are shown to have gone crazy with their love of Rick, the audience prefers them over someone that is set on not being involved in his adventures at all.
Morty is kinda in-between with being able to enjoy a good adventure while still questioning Rick's effect on the family.
>>
>>94443737
He has to suffer until he learns to stand up for himself, and also stop being a dick in general
Remember the episode where they get marriage counseling? Now suddenly they're divorced and he can't seem to move on?
Morty even pointed this out when he got tight with Armithy and Summer tried to help him tough it out.
Rick knows he's an actual threat to his security with the family so he got rid of him plain and simple using his intelligence to belittle Jerry who bases his decision on emotion and and current events.
He may be stupid but he tries, and that's his charm. He never stops trying even when he fails which is why Rick knew he would eventually fuck him over.
That being said Jerry could use an adventure or two with Rick not to toughen him up but get him used to the unusual because that sort of thing isn't going anywhere.
Adapt or die Jerry, it's the law of nature.
>>
PICKLE

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK
>>
>>94443737
>Jerry finally grows a spine and stands up for himself like he should
>He gets punished for it

Fuck the writers of season three. Redemption arcs are my fetish,.
>>
P I C K L E
I
C
K
L
E
>>
>>94446480
I like this anon
>>
File: 2 brothers.gif (1MB, 544x296px) Image search: [Google]
2 brothers.gif
1MB, 544x296px
>>94443737
This kind of bugged me about the show. Jerry being the butt monkey throughout Season 1 worked, more or less. We got moments like the interdimensional cable episode or the love potion episode that at least let us see other sides of him. It gave him shades of depth.

But then season 2 felt like they just doubled down on the "pathetic" aspect of his character while completely forgetting any of his positive qualities. Rather than develop as a character, he became a totally one note joke and his relationship with Beth similarly became totally repetitive. The Beth and Jerry subplot has become the worst aspect of the show.

There were still good episodes in Season 2, but I think it's held itself back by stunting its own characters.
>>
>>94443737
its a meme mostly because Rick hates Jerry so I do too! XD
>>
>>94443737
Jerry is actually the emotional crux of the show. Without Jerry trying desperately to fit into this world, in would just be a stupid show about burp jokes and nihilism.

Admittedly it was executed poorly.
>>
He's treated like a buttmonkey for the comedy of it. He was in the right about Rick and he genuinely gives a shit about the safety and well-being of his kids. But Rick is smarter and more manipulative. Even when Jerry found his balls and put his foot down, Beth still chose Rick over Jerry because Rick knew how to manipulate Beth.

>>94443925

>the writers for season 3 are all hardcore female feminists

[citation needed]

>this season they're being especially vitriolic towards him because he's a straight white male

[citation needed]
>>
>>94443737
Same reason they laugh at the jokes, because the show told them too
>>
>>94447714
Red. Grim. Grumble.
>>
>>94443737
He's stupid and mediocre and there's literally no reason to abet ongoing complacency in under performing members of society. The kids are dumb but learn, Jerry's just a waste of space with no potential.
>>
File: carrey-inside.jpg (12KB, 180x180px) Image search: [Google]
carrey-inside.jpg
12KB, 180x180px
>>94443737
>TFW it turns out that Rick is just an older Jerry from another dimension and he constantly gives Jerry a hard time because he hates himself and wants himself to be more of an asshole so he doesn't get pushed around so much.
>>
File: 45367189.gif (367KB, 245x205px) Image search: [Google]
45367189.gif
367KB, 245x205px
>>94449819
No time travel allowed
>>
>>94449819
Your gay theories belong on Tumblr.
>>
>>94443925
Is he really straight?
What about that guy on the boat he kissed and talked about having a past together or something like that.

I know it was all those fantasy parasites but still.. Jerry apparently fantasizes about it
>>
>>94449871
But 4chan loves the gay.
>>
>>94443737
Jerry didn't TURN HIMSELF INTO A PICKLE, MORTY!

I'M PICKLE RIIIIIIIIIICK!
>>
Jerry has to suffer early on so that the season finale can redeem him you fucks.
>>
>>94449925
He's so spineless and desperate to please others that he'll respond to a gay experience simply because it means someone approves of him. You know, a beta.
>>
Well they've kind of run themselves into a corner, because originally he played the uptight voice of reason and quickly (like, within two episodes) became something of a comic relief character (his parents have a cuck fetish and he gets his big apple contract only to find out it was all a simulation.)

They've sort of Flanderized him into that role now, where they just straight up dump on him for no real reason. And they try to pepper in little moments of him being a jerk or spineless, like the memory of him locking himself in the car while Beth has to fend off a crazy homeless man, to try and justify it, but the scales have tipped, as they always were going to. Rick is an asshole, Beth sort of is too, and the dire situations he's put them in totally justify Jerry's concerns. They were willing to live on tiny planet for, well, ever.

>>94446604
There's a lot of season left. I'm really hoping they do the right thing and don't just status quo this shit toward the end.
>>
I wouldn't mind this current divorce arc if there weren't already 2 episodes (or was it 3) dealing with "oh our marriage is shitty, lol jk its fixed now don't worry."
>>
Jerry is fine, he's just brow beaten by modern society or something. If he doesn't reunite his family it's probably because he really doesn't care. IMO he doesn't really care about Beth but can't be truthful to himself. Which is the root of his problems. Even when he saved her from kronenburgs he himself admitted it's out of jealousy "I am not gonna die until I see my wife with another man" or something.

So basically, he doesn't really care about his family, he doesn't really care about the life he leads, he puts up a half-assed show of living, but he just doesn't care enough to make it really work.
>>
>>94443925
This argument always rubs me the wrong way when I see it. How the fuck does rick being a misogynistic manipulative son of a bitch, while being in total contrast to jerry, show that the writers are feminists who just want to pick on jerry? Hoe the fuck did you projecting autists link a man with a pathetic boring life like you to female writers obviously giving a hard time to a character with as much flaws as rick but none of the badassery?
You people are even worse than the tumblrites who repost oh so relatable shit over actual good content, because to their credit, at least they don't lie to themselves about them not projecting.
>>
>>94451039
You're getting way too mad at an obvious troll post my dude.
>>
>>94443737
Because he isn't Doofus Jerry.
>>
>>94443737
>Jerry and Beth are together in almost all timeline

In my opinion Jerry is made by Rick for Beth in most timelines.
>>
>looooseeeerrr
>>
Jerry is how Dan sees himself.
>>
File: success button reaction.jpg (19KB, 600x428px) Image search: [Google]
success button reaction.jpg
19KB, 600x428px
>>94446480
Good post, anon
>>
>>94451185
My bad. To be honest that shit was really just the last straw of all the jerry sympathizers on here. He got outplayed by a smarter man, a man who wouldn't have let her daughter near that bumbling idiot in the first place if he was there for her, a regret which haunts him to this day. He made her have a divorce in an attempt to not be reminded of his absence and its consequences again, and unlike most he actually has the brains to make it happen.
If we go by rick's memories and assume he only altered the key details that would have led to his escape (which would be the case if the show wants any semblance of plot), that would mean he really just wanted to have a normal family that he used to have again, that he wanted to stop being a nihilistic douche with no meaning in life, the szechuan sauce possibly being a lie to morty or himself (it's a stretch though so I wouldn't bank on it being true)
Point is, the faggots on /co/ saw a crystal clear reflection of their lives through rick, and have considered only his perspective during the course of the show. Rick, on the other hand is a douchebag with zero morality who gives zero fucks to everyone around him, because people here are either completely blinded by the suffering of jerry or have an inability to read between the lines of a story without it's clear cut evil villain having a huge speech spanning almost half of the entire climax about their motives and strategies.
>>
>>94443737
You know a sometimes it does seem unjustified, but a lot of times he does bring it on himself.
I mean who spends that much money calling Taddy Mason? Honestly?
>>
>>94443737
>>>/r9k/
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.