/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you prefer your webshooters over or under the suit? I used

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 18

File: CpT0cBhUIAISn-g.jpg (66KB, 573x540px) Image search: [Google]
CpT0cBhUIAISn-g.jpg
66KB, 573x540px
Do you prefer your webshooters over or under the suit?

I used to prefer under, but I thought they looked pretty good in TASM1,2, and Civil War/Homecoming. They have neater designs than just the plain silver cylinders he used to have in the comics.

Also where the fuck can I get a replica of these
>>
under looks better to me
>>
File: spidey just sayin.png (473KB, 1126x425px) Image search: [Google]
spidey just sayin.png
473KB, 1126x425px
>>94441380

Organic
>>
>>94441380
under
>>
File: amazing-spider-web-shooter.jpg (2MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
amazing-spider-web-shooter.jpg
2MB, 1920x1200px
>>94441380
Over. I just felt like it makes more sense, given how bulky a web-shooter would be. Also having to dig under my sleeve to resupply seems like a hassle.
>>
>>94441443
fuck off.
>>
>>94441443
Best is organic web that needs mechanical shooters to do anything.
>>
File: spidey-prancing.png (673KB, 745x910px) Image search: [Google]
spidey-prancing.png
673KB, 745x910px
>>94441533

'kay

>>94441536

A compromise I can get behind.
>>
>>94441380
Under. You want the superstitious cowardly lot to think they're being snared by a manspider monster. If you advertise that your web isn't coming from you then they know it's just a man with gadgets rather than a beast who might feast upon them if they anger it.
>>
I like over just because it's another break in the costume's almost nothing but red and blue. It helps him from looking like a kid smashed together two puddles of play-dough, especially IRL when webbing on the suit it hard to do and doesn't look practical.

Over also seems more practical because he could rip off a malfunctioning unit easier. You don't want to explode in several hundred cubic feet, if not more, of adhesive.
>>
>>94441380
Depends really. Only acceptable way outside is TASM2 where it kinda blended in with the costume.
>>
>>94441536
>>94441443

Organic is trash.

>>94441567

It also would help for them to not see the webshooters as a target. It blends in well in the Webb movies and Homecoming I think due to the patterns of the suit.

>>94441569

But on the other hand yeah, I like how it breaks up the red a little. Also a little easier to reload cartridges.
>>
>>94441380
Under. Over makes it come off like they're screaming GUYS LOOK WEB SHOOTERS, AREN'T WE JUST LIKE THE COMICS BECAUSE OF ALL THESE SURFACE LEVEL SIMILARITIES
>>
>>94441652
What is wrong with you?
>>
File: 1474433795562.gif (1MB, 320x213px) Image search: [Google]
1474433795562.gif
1MB, 320x213px
>>94441652
>Being accurate to design is bad
Have I found it? The APEX of /co/ mentality?
>>
>>94441380
depends on the suit. If its just a regular suit, I think it looks better under. If it's a technological one like in homecoming, it should be over.
>>
>>94441380
We're still doing this?
Hasn't this thread been spammed like a thousand times already?
OP, you do realize you killed a thread for this garbage, don't you? Likely a storytime, which are the only good thing that happens here.
I'd slap your mamma if I met her. I'd fuck your dad too, and make you watch.
>>
>>94441847
>Accurate to design.
but the webshooters are always under in the comics.
>>
>>94441898

Stinky hat
>>
File: Ben.png (186KB, 500x411px) Image search: [Google]
Ben.png
186KB, 500x411px
>>94441916
>but the webshooters are always under in the comics.
Not Always.
>>
>>94441916
No, they weren't. I can't believe I'm witnessing a real life comics casual pretending pretending to be a fanboy on this board.
>>
>>94441380
With how munch function his we shooters have I prefer them on the outside of his suit.
>>
>>94441380
Shooters out for Uncle Ben
>>
>>94441847
That's what I'm saying, it's NOT accurate. It's just showing off that they have web shooters. Again, it's surface level fan pandering.
>>
>>94441533
>>94441626
The idea of having "spider powers" but not being able to make webs is pants-on-head retarded
>>
>>94442940

It definitely makes more sense than a broke high schooler making his own super strong webbing and webshooters. It's already a stretch that he made his own costume.

Even if Peter is a genius, this is when he first starts out.
>>
>>94442940

Batman should be blind and fly
>>
>>94442940
What's funny is that few of his actual powers are genuinely spider-related, and the ones that are actually work in completely different ways for spiders (such as their spider-sense) that wouldn't translate to a normal-sized human with regular eyes.

But give him organic webshooters and suddenly people are screaming that they're unrealistic, don't make sense biologically, etc.
>>
>>94443057
He doesn't have bat powers though, it's just a name and theme
>>
>>94443298

>He doesn't have bat powers though

Well that's fucking retarded
>>
>>94443057
bats aren't blind
>>
Spider-man should be able to produce natural stringy webs that he is unable to 'shoot out' from his wrists, but instead the webs are stringy and maleable that he could use to wrap people with like pic related or to rappel down structures and shit and can also be used as a lasso for him to swing.

Then Peter Parker can use his smart intellect to create a mechanism called web shooter that allows him to propel the stringy webs forward making it appear like he is 'shooting' the webs out of his wrists similar to how he is doing it now

I guess my point is, it would showcase how Peter parker have spider like powers, but it is Peter's intellect which is his greatest superpower that allowed him to make the best out of his situation, it would actually show that he is both human and spider.

I just find it difficult to swallow that Peter is smart enough to create webshooters that can shoot actual webs from scratch, similar to the TASM movies, while Raimi's movies were practically natural and in turn had no weakness to it and never really showcased Peter's smartness
>>
>>94443943

>I just find it difficult to swallow that Peter is smart enough t

I find it difficult to swallow that people can accept superpowers but not that. It's all fake bullshit.
>>
I like my Raimi-Man with natural web, thank you.

Toby-Man >>>>Disney comedy trash
>>
Spider-Man would automatically become the greatest superhero of all time if he shot organic webs out of his ass.
>>
>>94443943
Natural webs do have a slight weakness if you go by the raimi movies and that shitty cgi cartoon that's based in the raimi universe. Its shown that when peter is sick or is drugged he loses the ability to shoot his webs more than a few feet and makes them completely useless.
>>
>>94443313
do you not see the difference between picking an animal theme and getting powers FROM a spider but not actual spider related powers? Are you this dumb?
>>
>>94441380

I like how they reinforced the grip on this suit so its all around the forearm. Like it's not putting all the stress onto his wrist alone, it puts the load across more of the arm. It works for me
>>
File: SpiderWoman.jpg (314KB, 900x1245px) Image search: [Google]
SpiderWoman.jpg
314KB, 900x1245px
>>94441380
Organic
>>
>>94444013
you're absolutely retarded if you dont see the difference between the two.

The world presented to us is just like our own except there are also super powers. The super powers are the exception in this universe. Fine, that is the setting we are in. But Petere being genius enough to build actual webshooters (and not just webshooters, but the actual webs too) while being broke as fuck and in highschool is just bullshit. His genius is not part of his power set.

Its like if someone in Game of Thrones was actually from the far future and had laser guns, and you said

>I find it difficult to swallow that people can accept magic and dragons but not scifi time travel!

Its called suspension of disbelief and it can only be suspended so much in any given story.

Now please stoping being a fucking retard and kill yourself.
>>
>>94441380
organic
>>
Every Spider-Man has an organic web shooter, it's just not in his wrists
>>
>>94445929
>The world presented to us is just like our own

This isn't the same world as the others though. This is a world in which Tony Stark, Hank Pym and Bruce Banner exist. Peter's supposed to be potentially smart enough to rival them should he apply himself.
>>
>>94445929

You got some anger problems to fix there sonny.

If some asshole can build a ray gun that fills a spider with radiation, and that same spider gives a person fucking superpowers, then some teenager can shit out a pair of web shooters in there bedroom with spare parts from their shop class.

Also 616 Peter's family was not never indicated as fucking "broke as fuck" until Ben died. THEN Peter had to get a job.
>>
Under and artificial.

Shit like that drives home how much of a genius Peter is when he has more than an afternoon to himself. Even Pym awknowledges this in that one page where Pete managed to make a Spider-Tracer out of crap he found in his room that he'd surpass Pym in sciences if he had more resources handy.

Also makes for fun stories if he runs out in the middle of a fight.
>>
File: spidey costume.jpg (354KB, 940x1360px) Image search: [Google]
spidey costume.jpg
354KB, 940x1360px
Under.
>>
>>94445651
I can see that you have autism.
>>
>>94442014
That's Ben though.
>>94442047
Yes they were.
>>
Over in live action, under in artwork.
When drawn they're a distraction from the suit design, but in motion they look fine.
>>
>>94447518
this fuck
>>
>>94441380
In the mid 80s peter replaced the original metal thick design with flexible structure and some kinda web-bags instead of cartridges. the best design so far. over the suit is stupid with the only purpose of selling toys.
>>
>>94442940
If that's how we're doing it then he should shoot webs out of his ass. There's certainly no spider that's ever shot webs out if its legs.
>>
>>94447122
Still, it's a Spider-man design where the webshooters are over the costume.
>>
UNDER

Over can look cool, but under makes more sense to me

Enemies won't know how he makes webs, if it's over it gives enemies a clear spot to target because they will know it's just a weapon/tool that could be taken away or jammed/short circuited/exploded/crushed/exploited
>>
>>94445929
That might make game of thrones good.
>>
File: 1501542999522.jpg (33KB, 620x470px) Image search: [Google]
1501542999522.jpg
33KB, 620x470px
>>94441380
>not gaining an instinctual understanding of how to artificially produce web fluid for your web shooters from the spider
>>
>>94451035

When movie Spider-Man is Ben, *then* he can have the over shooters.
>>
>>94442047

You know nothing of Spider-Man.
>>
>>94442940
You're pants-on-head retarded.
>>
>>94445929
>except there are also super powers

So, where are our helicarriers?
>>
>>94447122
Who the fuck is ben?
>>
>>94453065
get the fuck out of here
>>
>>94442940
That's because he didn't get spider powers, not initially. He got radiation triggered powers and themed himself after the catalyst, just like how Batman got face punching powers and themed himself after the Bat that crashed into his study. This whole "they actually really are spider powers" didn't start until they made with the fucking totem bullshit which made no fucking sense. I mean, Spider-man is a totem because "spider powers", Black Panther is a totem despite not really having any powers other than a fat checkbook, and Doctor Octopus ISN'T a totem even though 8 limbs should mean he has "octopus powers".
>>
>>94453104
>Black Panther is a totem despite not really having any powers other than a fat checkbook
Yeah no. The spider totem crap was left field, but BP always had superhuman abilities, whether granted from the Heart-Shaped Herb or direct empowerment from the Panther God.
>>
File: Image4.jpg (116KB, 678x312px) Image search: [Google]
Image4.jpg
116KB, 678x312px
The James Cameron movie was going to have the organically produced/mechanically functioning web shooters.
>>
>>94453065
Ben Reilly you basic bongo go home
>>
File: Jolyne.jpg (599KB, 1560x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Jolyne.jpg
599KB, 1560x1200px
>>94441380
they should be a part of him
>>
>>94453295
That image is fucking hilarious.
>>
>>94453295
that's stupid.

>>94453437
as is this.
>>
File: 1305162721230.jpg (10KB, 257x196px) Image search: [Google]
1305162721230.jpg
10KB, 257x196px
>>94441443
>>94442940
>>94443051
HOLY SHIT, THIS.

Organic Webshooters are the Thinking Man's Webshooters!

Seriously, I can buy that Peter is smart enough to conceive webshooters, but actually making the machinery and the web is just going overboard, especially since he's poor.
>>
>>94441380
I'd rather have him with natural webs.
>>
>>94441443
I don't understand why we can't have both, tbqh. Web shooters for standard web slinging and organics as a back up or for when his shooters get fucked up. Everyone wins.
>>
>>94456246
The entire point of Peter not being able to make organic webbing is for the tension when he runs out opf webbing.
>Spidey is swinging through the city
>sees villain
>they fight
>runs out of webbing
>OH NO HOW IS SPIDER-MAN GOING TO GET OUT OF THIS PREDICAMENT WHO COULD HAVE FORESEEN SUCH TRAGEDY
>>
>>94454016
His formula is something he could whip up from a drugstore using cheap off the shelf materials. Its always been that way
>>
File: 52795-Spider-Man_(E)-2[1].jpg (142KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
52795-Spider-Man_(E)-2[1].jpg
142KB, 1280x1024px
>>94456582
>spidey leaves the fight so he can go and find a cartridge on a nearby rooftop
>returns
>resumes fight
>>
>>94456640
What about his shooters?

He doesn't exactly have access to a welding facility or anything to built his wristbands.
>>
>>94453065
Can live action fags just fuck off already?
>>
>>94446422
a scientist payed to do experimental engineering is not the samething as a fucking teenager with almost no experience in the field.

you're so dumb it hurts, i cant believe you thought that was a good argument
>>
>>94446290
Where is it ever implied (before Peter) that super smart teenagers who dont take any classes or have any training in experimental engineering or bioengineering exist in this world as a natural occurance?
Your argument is absolutely retarded because Tony, Hank, and Bruce are much older and went to college/trained under mentors/were taught super science shit. Peter just somehow knows cause LOL THATS THE ORIGIN XD
kys
>>
>>94446784
>I dont have an argument so you're autistic!!!

Jesus christ dude, at least TRY to not sound like a complete loser
>>
I'm always so conflicted with webshooters.
On one hand it shows Peter's genius in making technology, but on the other hand organic web making should fall under someone who has "spider" powers
>>
I've always thought Peter should excrete webbing from glands in the small of his back which he collects into canisters for his web shooters
>>
>>94442940
He would have to shoot them out his mouth or his ass.
>>
>>94453646
That's Jolyne. She's made of string.
>>
>>94456643
Web shield
Web fists

Game was amazing
>>
Under, though it makes more sense for them to be over, but it's a fucking fictional world so who cares.

Under all the way.
>>
>>94459313
Web Balls > All
>>
File: spidey.jpg (284KB, 600x868px) Image search: [Google]
spidey.jpg
284KB, 600x868px
>>94458682
>I've never read spider-man so here's my straw man.
>>
Are the organicfags at it again? It's always the same old arguments.

>He's Spider-Man so why doesn't he have webs as a power? That's stupid.
A point raised in the Other was that Peter could have chosen any identity for himself with the powers from the bite, but he chose to be Spider-Man anyway because he is, in fact, a spider man despite his lack of inherent obviously spider traits. If you also read other spider heroes, you would know that those who received the powers from a bite like Peter also did not mutate organic shooters. Miles doesn't have them, and neither does Spider-Gwen. Kaine has them because he's an engineered clone, and he has other powers as well. Communing with spiders, the arm spikes. Miguel got his powers from direct genetic engineering, which heavily affected his body. He has venom secreting fangs, red super eyes, talons, and of course organic shooters. Spider-Man Noir, who got his powers in some funky way, has short ranged organic shooters. Silk is an outlier, of course, but she was also conceived as garbage OC. So we can conclude that the radioactive spider bite just doesn't cause the organic shooters to mutate.

>He's poor so he shouldn't have able to build them. It's not realistic.
>muh realism
Neck yourself. The Ben Reily comic shows that you can make web fluid with a cheap chemistry set. The web shooters themselves are hardly all that high tech. Peter built them because he's a genius acknowledged by the likes of Tony Stark and Reed Richards, not because he had impressive resources. If this breaks your suspension of disbelief, why are you reading comics? You probably aren't.

>Why doesn't he sell them?
He tried. Nobody would take them because the webbing dissolved after an hour, and it would take too much time to fix that. He had other responsibilities to attend to, and big themes of Spider-Man are personal sacrifice and the duality of cape life. I'm running out of space but if I have to explain more you're probably just a lost cause.
>>
>>94456643
>>
>>94456643
>>94459313
>>94459506

Am I the only one who thought that the sound of picking up web cartridges and spheres in this game was the most satisfying shit ever?

Also, KIDS MODE
>>
>>94459934
My big reason that I like organic webshooters is that it finally FINALLY got rid of the bullshit "I'm out of webfluid and now the villain can get away" crutch that writers had been using forever. Look at the first few Brand New Day stories, at least half of them have Spider-man gimped by his lack of web fluid and the writers lack of creativity.
>>
>>94460781
It's just the writers lack of creativity. Organic shooters don't have a bottomless supply either. Peter ran out during Civil War, Carlie ran out during Spider-Island, and I believe Kaine has run out during Scarlet Spider.
>>
>>94454016
Idiot, it's the whole "why doesn't Bruce Wayne fix Gotham with his money" argument. Because Pete and Bruce are selfish assholes. They need the fucking fulfillment. Peter should have patented his fucking web formula, a real world solution to bulletproof armor, construction needs, and medical advancement, and made BILLIONS to not only help Aunt May but NY as well.

It's just these dumbasses need to get their angst out on bad guys.
>>
>>94460912
That was far less common and they basically knew when they were running empty because it FELT empty, rather than them being surprised.
>>
>>94441380
I don't care.
>>
>>94461186
Point stands, it could just as easily be used in the same way, just like a writer doesn't have to highlight every time the mechanical shooters are reloaded, which they don't.
>>
>>94461072
So... how does it feel to be 12 ?
Are you reammy that naive or is this b8 ?
>>
>>94461072
So you just don't read comics, huh?
>>
File: Charles_Goodyear[1].png (257KB, 600x555px) Image search: [Google]
Charles_Goodyear[1].png
257KB, 600x555px
Don't mind me, just inventing useful rubber using a high school chemistry set and nothing else. India rubber? What's that? Why would I need a complex organic compound to base my research on?
>>
>>94442014
always over!
>>
>>94441443
This. I prefer Spiderman being just a plausibly smart kid than some kind of teenage super-genius. I'm aware it's always been that way in the comics but comics mostly suck.
>>
>>94456948
made from watch parts mostly
>>
>>94459183
I know its Jojo so I expect that.
>>
File: Marvel Fanfare02-00.jpg (317KB, 1306x2040px) Image search: [Google]
Marvel Fanfare02-00.jpg
317KB, 1306x2040px
He should only get organic webs when his mutation accelerates, like when he has six-arms or goes full Man-Spider.
Thread posts: 105
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.