[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why was this movie so good? it felt different from other disney movies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 14

why was this movie so good? it felt different from other disney movies
>>
>>94440260
>it felt different from other disney movies
It was a goofy movie.
>>
File: disney canon twentysixteen.jpg (465KB, 1000x900px) Image search: [Google]
disney canon twentysixteen.jpg
465KB, 1000x900px
>>94440260
It's not from the regular studio, so it makes sense it'd feel different. I think the Goofy movies were from teletoon, the studio that did the tv shows and direct to dvd sequels.
>>
>>94440260
It felt like this wasn't scripted as a cartoon. This could work in live action. A road-trip coming of age thing. Too bad this trend didn't catch on. I would love to see them try to make various types of movies. Maybe we would have gotten a horny comedy a la American Pie one day. Or at least a kick-ass action movie to put Japs to shame.
>>
>>94440260
It's got that 90's feelin to it
>>
>>94441080
Still pissed about the Dark Cauldron, they should have blamed the retard who butchered it and not the movie. Good fucking bye to ever seeing some darker fantasy from Disney.

Too bad Atlantis, Treasure Planet and The Robinsons didn't do well either, goodby to sci-fi.

And WTF happened in the Early mid 90? Three worst movies ever made by Disney, in a row! And everything else in that decade except Lilo and Stitch is just mid-tier.
>>
>>94441355
>90's
Fuck. I meant 00's.
>>
>>94441371
The entire 00s were garbage except for Emperor's new groove
>>
>>94441080
Why was it a one-off then? They did a fucking fantastic job as far as I'm concerned. They should have given them a budget more often.
>>
>>94441395
That's harsh. I would say:
Good tier
>Lilo
>Groove

OK tier
>Princess and the Frog
>Treasure Planet
>Atlantis

Meh tier
>Robinsons
>Bolt

Garbage tier
>Brother Bear
>Home on the Range

Stuff Disney should spent money on erasing from existence tier
>Chicken Little
>>
>>94440260

>why was this movie so good?

It was based in what was then a modern setting, making it instantly more relatable to the intended audience. It was a father/son story -- something that Disney had rarely done in film -- which made it a refreshing change of pace. It had a relatable character in Max, who mirrored a lot of adolescents in a lot of ways, not the least of which was the feeling of embarassment about one's parents. Toss in the fun songs, the quality animation, and Roxanne -- herself a passive, dreamlike character meant to represent That One Girl every guy always wanted to ask out, making Max winning her over that much more satisfying to the younger male audience -- and you get one of Disney's most underrated films ever.
>>
>>94441882
>most underrated
That would probably be Rescuers. Kids nowadays don't even know it exists. It's only all the cliche princess shit that's being kept in the public awareness.
>>
>>94442055

I never said "the most underrated". I said "one of the most underrated". If you're going to complain about something I wrote, at least read and understand what I wrote first.
>>
>>94440260
you're a nostalgia goggles wearing faggot, nothing more.
>>
>>94441355
Atlantis and Treasure Planet are sad, but Meet the Robinsons didn't do well because it wasn't good.
>>
>>94440260
Just imagine:
>a full budget Gravity Falls movie (later adapted into a show)
>a full budget Star vs movie (later adapted into a show)

Why didn't this become a thing? I would have loved that.
>>
>>94442114
>puts words in my mouth about complaining to complain about putting words in his mouth
That's some next level faggotry, nigger. I never said you were wrong, I just elaborated on it.
>>
>>94442182
>Meet the Robinsons didn't do well because it wasn't good

Sadly. Bill Joyce (and by extension moonbot studios) has a lot of good ideas and solid animations, but any time his work is adapted by Disney or another company it just feels like wasted potential.

Hell, the one time he and his studio made a short film in house it won a fucking oscar.

Also I know a guy who works at moonbot and says he's a super nice guy.
>>
>>94442259

You pointed out "most underrated" as if I had said "A Goofy Movie" was the absolute most underrated Disney movie ever, then proceeded to talk about what you thought was the most underrated Disney movie.

I actually referred to "A Goofy Movie" as "one of the most underrated" Disney movies -- that "one of the" qualifier meaning I thought it was underrated, but not the exact singular most underrated Disney film.

If you're going to imply I said certain shit and reply to me as if I did, I will call your ass on it.
>>
>>94442182
Yeah, I'm aware of that. I'm sad Atlantis and Treasure Planet failed individually, but I'm also sad that Disney's exploration into sci-fi failed as a whole as well. That Bluth movie, Titan AE, deserved a MUCH better reception than it got as well.
>>
>>94442344
>implying implications
>>
>>94442447

I didn't imply shit. Unlike you, I can read and comprehend an entire post before I reply to it.
>>
>>94442182
>>94442290
>Meet the Robinsons
>Epic
>Rolie Polie Olie

Any adaptations of his work fall between shit-meh tier.
>>
>>94442477
>implying I misunderstood your post
>implying I was implying you were wrong
>implying I was complaining
>implying you didn't imply all of those implications
>>
>>94442855

Bitch, I saw exactly how you constructed your sentences. If I have to diagram them to show you exactly what the fuck you said, I will, because apparently you cannot comprehend your own fucking post.
>>
File: frozolafshort.jpg (24KB, 700x432px) Image search: [Google]
frozolafshort.jpg
24KB, 700x432px
>>94442055

dismey is for girls, duh!
>>
File: sexy-pete2.png (392KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
sexy-pete2.png
392KB, 720x540px
This movie was my sexual awakening.

Thanks Disney, you wankers.

Now I fap to THIS.
>>
File: roxanne IRL.jpg (33KB, 490x468px) Image search: [Google]
roxanne IRL.jpg
33KB, 490x468px
>>
File: 332306_1261270880766_400_300.jpg (44KB, 400x299px) Image search: [Google]
332306_1261270880766_400_300.jpg
44KB, 400x299px
It didn't follow a formula of sorts. Sure, nowadays it's cliche, but a Disney movie that outright didn't have a villain character? That's something innovative, and to this day it still holds up as a gem. Sure you had the more extreme characters like pete and the Principle, and the more animalistic characters like Sasquatch (or Big foot), but overall the movie just had a good emotional backing to it. It's so hard to put it, it feels like it came from a place of genuine interest, instead of just putting out another dime-a-dozen cash cow.

Also, it helped that they knew the time and place for drama, and still made plenty of jokes that fit Goofy well, while also fitting in just the right amount of father/son bonding. I appreciated that as a kid, and I appreciate it even more as an adult. I still go back to this movie from time to time and enjoy it because of all the good moments, whether it's the music, the gorgeous visuals, or the clever and well written dialogue.

tl;dr i'm probably an autist over-analyzing a kid's film, but it's a damn good kid's film.
>>
>>94440260
It had a simple plot, it was never about an epic journey of some guy saving the world. Just a kid and a dad trying to bond
>>
>>94441080
Disney's brand has been diluted as fuck
>>
I'm still waiting for Goofy Movie 3, where Max has his own kids, and Goofy's fears of growing old have now been realized.
>>
>>94441700
pretty much this but I'd move Atlantis to Good and Robinsons to OK
>>
File: CL.jpg (173KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
CL.jpg
173KB, 1280x960px
>>94451515

it's like nintedo's quality seal

"it's disney, it can't be bad!"
>>
>>94447362
>that bulge
Jesus Christ!
>>
Is everyone aware that this guy was played by Pauly Shore?
>>
>>94451627
Yes. There was a time when Pauly Shore had a career and got laid.
>>
>>94451602
I swear, all I remember about this movie was the fish
>>
>>94451627
He's the reason why I've been afraid to re-watch this film and have my nostalgic perceptions shattered.
>>
>>94451673
He's really only in the movie for 5-10 minutes tops.
>>
File: COmM_d6U8AA0qGz.jpg (25KB, 496x297px) Image search: [Google]
COmM_d6U8AA0qGz.jpg
25KB, 496x297px
>>94451696
He had a bigger role in the sequel.
>>
File: 1451620140856.png (53KB, 144x144px) Image search: [Google]
1451620140856.png
53KB, 144x144px
>>94451671
Maybe he was literally the only thing that made the movie memorable by his lolsorandom humor, and only appeared for like 10 or 15 mins out of the whole movie.
>>
>>94449754
Youre just asking for that one image
>>
File: image.jpg (255KB, 640x950px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
255KB, 640x950px
>>94452232
>>
File: 1461437553363.gif (428KB, 200x183px) Image search: [Google]
1461437553363.gif
428KB, 200x183px
>>94449901
I'd argue that A Goofy Movie isn't really all that cliche. Yeah, Max's high school quest for the girl is and was cliche even back then when those kinds of movies were all the rage. But the father son dynamics are superb. It shows two different extremes of parenting yet doesn't paint either as inherently wrong.

In a post-Simpsons era it's hard to find any sort of animated father that isn't some dysfunctional moron or out of the picture outright, let alone fathers that actually cares about their children the level that Pete and Goofy do.

I guess the closest to them would be Greg from SU, but even then he's only a slight subversion of the Homer Simpson template.
>>
File: DisneyMovies.jpg (2MB, 2236x2765px) Image search: [Google]
DisneyMovies.jpg
2MB, 2236x2765px
>>
File: 4cd.gif (2MB, 380x319px) Image search: [Google]
4cd.gif
2MB, 380x319px
>>94452243
please, no.
>>
>>94452927
>The Wild
I always forget that wasn't Blue Sky, or Sony, or something.
>>
>>94452927
>Official
In what sense?
This list is bad and you should feel bad.
>>
>>94452243
Tbh it's a pretty good cosplay. But I agree that it's somehow creepy as fuck.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.