[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this the most senseless death in Capeshit movies?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 8

File: DEATHS-AMAZING-SPIDER-MAN.jpg (100KB, 612x380px) Image search: [Google]
DEATHS-AMAZING-SPIDER-MAN.jpg
100KB, 612x380px
Is this the most senseless death in Capeshit movies?
>>
>>94435358
how come? Ben sees a crook drop his gun. Tries to take it on impulse, gets killed for being a hero.
>>
Quicksilver
Pa Kent
>>
inb4 /tv/ memes
>>
>>94435358
Yes, but "Jonathan Kent dying because he went back for a dog, and then didn't let his Superpowered son save him because it would maybe reveal his powers to a small group of kansans" is a close second.
>>
>>94435358
The Raimi version was handled infinitely better, but that's not saying much because the Raimi version handled everything infinitely better than these garbage films.
>>
>>94435394
>Wrestling for a gun that wasn't being used
>A crook who seems to prefer nonviolent cashgrabs
>Gets shot WRESTLING for the gun not even shot by the guy
If anything he put more people in danger doing that than if he let the dude go.
Uncle Ben died for nobody being a half cocked hero.
>>94435442
The retcon fucked it up a bit.
>>
File: download.jpg (6KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6KB, 300x168px
>>94435407
Pa Kent should've had a heart attack to show Clark that he can't save everyone with muscles and lasers.
>>
>>94435481
What retcon?
>>
>>94435507
Uncle Ben has a long ass heart to heart with Sandman who's the unknown second carjacker who only pulls the trigger because he was startled by the original guy.
>>
>>94435538
Ah, yeah, that was shit.
>>
>>94435358
>Uncle Ben died because of chocolate milk
>People will defend this
>>
>>94435481
>The retcon

We don't speak about that.

I love Raimi, but if I ever meet him the first thing I'll ask is "what the fuck was the point of that?"
>>
File: Pa Kent 1978.jpg (119KB, 1600x938px) Image search: [Google]
Pa Kent 1978.jpg
119KB, 1600x938px
>>94435495
>hi guise I'm new here lolz
>>
File: nightwing-death.jpg (35KB, 675x300px) Image search: [Google]
nightwing-death.jpg
35KB, 675x300px
>>94435358
I know its not from a movie but..
>>
>>94435495
No, he had to stand there and let a tornado take him rather than limping 39 yards to safety to teach Clark that altruism is for KEKs and doing good deeds inevitably and without exception results in horses dying en mass.
>>
>>94435577
Hi, I'm People.
He didn't die because of chocolate milk, he died because he tried to stop a criminal. Because it was in his power to do so.
>>
>>94435407
>Pa "You are super special and the answer to our prayers, but maybe you should've let a bus of children die" Kent

Dude didn't exactly have the best judgment.
>>
>>94435620
It also happened in the picture i posted.

Which is why i posted it.
>>
>>94435646
By what, shooting him? Not calling the police?

Good thing Peter got a free chocolate milk from that robber and never paid it back though.
>>
>>94435394
>tries to grab the gun
>doesnt kick it and make a run for it
>>
>>94435705
did you miss the part where I said "impulse"? Fight and flight, man, no time to think.
>>
>>94435694
Hold him at gun point. The clerk was there and could call the police. Then help restrain him. Ben was being a hero.
>>
>>94435675
>>94435638
>and doing good deeds inevitably and without exception results in horses dying en mass.

Pagination Kent from the DCEU is so hilarious bad. What were they even thinking?
>>
>>94435646
You fucked up, m8

He did it because it was his responsibility.
>>
>>94435741
If he can fly, why didn't he just grab the gun and escape?
>>
>>94435777
Good thing he had telepathy and knew the clerk was calling the police.

It killed the whole point of it being an unforeseen consequence
>>
>>94435910
>It was in his power so it became his responsibility.
get it, now?
>>
>>94436341
They both work for the reference, but "in his power" makes it sound like he's going to show up in a star-shaped burst of light and inflict some kind of horrifying, pseudo-ironic punishment on the robber.
>>
>>94435819
>>94435675
>>94435407
>>94435495
>>94435638
are you guys retarded?

First off, him saying "maybe" to letting the kids die was him being scared that the govt was going to take his child. It was a very human moment. Read Secret Identity if you want this theme explored further in relation to Superman.

Second, him saving the dog is him teaching Clark by example. Not only does he once again protect Clark's identity, but he puts his life on the line to save a being lesser than himself, a dog.

Third, the point of the horse story is that you should keep trying to do good, even if it has unintended consequences. Dont ever forget the mistakes/consequences but dont let them overwhelm you and dictate who you are. Find someone that loves you and will help you move past it.
How did you miss this? It was pretty obvious. Literally eveyrone I know who has seen these movies understood this on the first watch.
>>
>>
>>94435407
>quicksilver
But anon he's JOSS WHEDON! He's expected to kill someone!
>>
>>94435358
Thomas Wayne in BvS. The guy tries to start a fist fight with a guy pointing a gun at him.
>>
>>94437772
>At age of 19 Clark is forced by the man who raised him sit there and watch him die, knowing full and well he had the power to save him.
>For a decade Clark wanders from place to place, taking up random jobs and having no real place to live and scrounging for things to get by
>Performing feats of heroism to more witnesses than the one time he let his father die
>What if the people saw him run to Jonathan and bring him to safety?
>One feel good newspaper full of skeptical quotes from panicked people about a boy running abnormally fast to save his father?
>Jonathan died to stop a single newspaper article from being written, while Clark went off to create countless more across the country

>Pa Kent didn't raise a man
>Clark never got to live a normal life after Jonathan died
>within hours of meeting Jor-el, Clark forgets everything that his old father taught him
>Clark actually pushes and tests his power
>Clark gets to fly

Sounds pretty pointless to me when Clark abandons what Pa Kent taught him and actually lives a better life because of it.
>>
>>94437860
His name is "Joss"? All this time I've been calling him "Josh Whedon"!
>>
This would have made more sense if Ben had fought in WWII as in the original comic.
That would justify him trying to take down that mugger.
>>
>>94437772
Clark could have easily saved the dog himself if he was allowed to, without anyone noticing
>>
>>94438096
yikes
Pa Kent is why Clark cantr disappear completely and has to do good.
>can't I just keep pretending i'm your son?
>you ARE my son.
>>
>>94438508
>without anyone noticing
Source on him having blinding speed by that time?
>>
>>94437812
He had the same role as KGBeast in the Assault on Arkham film: to prove that the bombs were real.
>>
>>94435358
For once I'd like to see a Spider-Man story where Ben didn't die.
>>
>>94438659
Which is still the problem.
Pa Kent died to keep Clark from exposing himself.
Clark then goes off to expose himself and wandering from town to town.

What is the difference between saving Jonathan and saving those oil rig workers?
Or crucifying that truck?
>>
>>94437812
HERE COMES SLIPKNOT
>>
>>94438857
Yes they had the same roles but at least in the animated, KGBeast was given a proper introduction along with the rest of the squad.

Slipknot was literally killed after being introduced 1 sentence and 8 minutes later.
>>
>>94438684
Not blinding speed. An old man was able to make it to the car with no problem.
How would anyone be able to really time or clock Clark to verify he was running inhumanly fast?
Who would even believe them?
Panicked people giving exaggerated stories of a boy running really fast to save his dog/father.

Name one major paper or news channel that would take this seriously
>>
>>94438966
After everyone else getting double intros, it was obvious he was going to die. They should had a count down timer under his name
>>
>>94437772
I bet you think Martha and the Savitar reveal were good writing
>>
>>94435417
The mountain dialog about the consequences of being a hero sheds a nice light on that. The man was more afraid for his son than his death.
>>
File: IMG_1160.jpg (54KB, 479x471px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1160.jpg
54KB, 479x471px
>>94437639
I understand what you're referencing, And I appreciate it.
>>
Superman in BvS.

He could have just let WW use the spear.
>>
>>94438876
Then it wouldn't be a Spider-Man movie?
>>
>>94435495

>Pa Kent should've had a heart attack to show Clark that he can't save everyone with muscles and lasers.

Or maybe Pa Kent doesn't have to fucking die as a part of Superman's origin. Save that shit for late in a series.
>>
>>94438976
>Name one major paper or news channel that would take this seriously
The government?
>>
>>94438896
He's not using his name and is always able to disappear right after.
>>
>>94440447
No?
He wasn't going to let anyone else die.
>>
>>94441282

Well that's all well and good, except he left enough of a trail in his wake for his identity to be discovered anyway. So again, what's the fucking point?
>>
>>94441265

No.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (42KB, 870x375px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
42KB, 870x375px
>>94435358

Pa Kent doesn't have a mutant power that allows him to survive tornadoes. Quicksilver isn't immune to bullets. Uncle Ben's gonna Uncle Ben.

This guy's power is literally "I can't die" and he's the only one that does.
>>
>>94439024
That could have been a saving grace for the film. Taking the shit out of itself a bit
>>
So where did this 'LOL UNCLE BEN DIED OF CHOCOLATE MILK XD' meme come from?

also
>>94441358 is the correct answer.
>>
>>94441309
What do you mean?
He's not superhumanly smart. He covered his tracks how he could.
As Lois said, the only way for him to truly disappear would be to stop helping people.

>>94441332
This is said in the movie. Clark's parents were worried about the government taking Clark.
>>
>>94435358
>Is this the most senseless death in Capeshit movies?

When does Spidey wear a cape?
>>
>>94441820
If he took it off it would be extremely painful
>>
>>94441724

The government would not leap all over a story about some flyover state retards saying some boy ran really fast to save his dog from a tornado. Clark wouldn't even need to run superhumanly fast to have picked up the dog and gotten out of the way.
>>
>>94441724
>This is said in the movie. Clark's parents were worried about the government taking Clark.

>Oh wow! This newspaper from Kansas says a boy saved his father from a Tornado.
>with some people saying they saw a young man running abnormally fast.
>I mean, it was during a tense situation where they could have just been mistaken.
>But I should totally take this 100% seriously and show it to the joint chiefs of staff right away!

This is how stupid that sounds.
>>
>>94438876
They've already done that. It was on House of M.
>>
>>94435358
This reminds me, do we know anything about Uncle Ben in the MCU's version? At least I'm glad they didn't show it all over again for a third time
>>
>>94435358
>>
>>94435358
Naming a guy off screen as Jimmy Olsen so you can kill him off in five seconds
>>
>>94442280
This was a fun scene
>>
>>94442336
It reminds me of X-men: Last Stand where that one fast female mutant randomly got named Psylock post shooting.
The actress playing her was completely caught off guard by it.
>>
>>94441893
>>94441932
>>94438976
>>94438508

So you guys ARE retarded. Again, that scene was more about setting an example. It was a tense situation. Pa risked his life to save a dog while Clark had the more important task of holding and protecting a child.

I really dont understand why you guys are so autistic about this. Should Pa Kent NOT have risked his life for the dog? You want a selfish Pa Kent?

He also didn't have superspeed at this point and people had camera phones.
Its A M A Z I N G how dumb you all are.
>>
>>94439308
really good argument really made me think :^)
>>
>>94439308
>he thinks Martha was a reveal

retards like you make me laugh
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.